Products

298,846 members
182,520 posts
  • Eli
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

Hi, my question is as the title shows. Does harmony work with karaoke? Thanks!

0 180
    • Eli
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Eli,
      Perfrom-VK gets its chordal info from a few sources: the MIDI input, the instrument input, the auxiliary input, and the RoomSense microphone.  Perform-VK dynamically switches between these sources - when one goes silent it'll start listening to whatever is giving it signal, with the RoomSense mic being the last resort.  So in your case you'd likely want to be sending the karaoke track to the auxiliary input, and as long as the track clearly represents the chords being played then harmonies will work great.  Our harmony algorithm needs to be able to hear at least the root and the third of each chord to properly identify what's being played - so for example a track of an acoustic guitar would be great, but a track of just drums likely wouldn't contain enough musical info and harmonies would sound weird.  Basically, yes it should work but it really depends on the track - that'll just take some experimentation on your part.  Cheers!

• October 24, 2019
  • DruMcCoy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

15715176844583433970913136381751.jpg

These two lights now only come on, when I turn on the power for my speaker. Why? Thanks for an assistance in advance.

read more...
    0 202
    • DruMcCoy
      Paul_Vannatto

@DruMcCoy wrote:

These two lights now only come on, when I turn on the power for my speaker. Why? 

Do the come on briefly then turn off, or do they stay on. If it is the latter, you have a hardware problem.

• October 19, 2019
  • wadrum
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-19
    0 163
    • wadrum
      wadrum

Hi,

I'm replying to my own message as I can't get the message to work in the first place.

My headphone doesn't work.  I've tried changing monitor to main in the In/Out section.  I can't hear anything.  What do you need to do to hear anything from the mic inputs?

thanks,

wa

• October 19, 2019
  • synthman2017
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

Hi all. Help!I literally just purchased a brand new Odyssey and for some unknown reason a note is permanently on. I can't stop it and the ADSR has no effect. Is it possible that the synth is in some test mode?

0 281
    • synthman2017
      Talos

Make sure your VCA GAIN slider is fully down, it confuses a lot of people who think you need to turn the amplifier up to hear it especially with the lack of a dedicated volume knob, but that is taken care of by the AR /ADSR slider.

• October 19, 2019
  • Bruce
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

My Toneprint editor won't work.I cannot Dl anything into pedal.It's greyed out.It was working fine yesterday but this morning I tried to use and no luck.Can anyone help me?Thank you,Bruce.

0 107
    • Bruce
      TC-Mike

Hi Bruce,

on what computer platform are you? or do you use the mobile versions of the TP app? 

this sound like a connection error via USB.  It will also happen if you have other audio Midi App opened on your computer that hog the Midi drive needed for communication between Toneprint editor and pedal. 

Please try reconnecting USB cable/restarting pedal and make sure you have closed all other audio related app prior to opening the Toneprint editor. On a PC you can furthemore check wether your connected Pedal is recognised by windows as an usb device .(control panel -device manager/audio video and game controller --> sub'n Up shoul de listed here)

If you still have issues, please get in touch with our tech support team and provide them with all relavant info!

(firmware vesion used, editor version and platform, etc)

You can file a support ticket directly via the MG community now  
      https://community.musictribe.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CarePortal

Best regards,

Mike

• October 20, 2019
  • RalfLeRenne
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

Hello,

I bought a "Harmony Singer 1" a few years ago, and would like to switch to the second version. I'm in the process of making all my equipment for concerts "battery powered", and I saw this Harmony Singer 2 is able to do just that.

But I still need to know if it can work with rechargeable batteries, since they usually tend to have less voltage. I would also like to know for how long the pedal can run on batteries. How many hours would it be ? 

Thank you very much, 

Have a great day,

Thibault

read more...
    0 206
    • RalfLeRenne
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RalfLeRenne,
      I'll be honest with you, battery life ain't great.  I tested a Harmony Singer 2 with fresh AA's (non-rechargeable) and it lasted three and a half hours before dying.  I don't think batteries were intended to be the primary power source for these stomps, more like a backup.  When a 9V adapter is plugged in, the pedal will use that wall power and ignore the batteries, which then kick in if wall power is removed.  Anyways, I think Harmony Singer 2 has the worst battery life out of the bunch because it has the busiest algorithm, but yeah you might want to have a backup set of rechargeables.  Cheers!

• October 23, 2019
  • howudodat
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-18

I have our X-TOUCH Compact connected via MIDI to our XAIR 16.  I have a few questions on setting it up for an operator that will only adjust volume, and for someone who would actually adjust more.  We have several mixer operators that have only a basic level of training and will only be adjusting sound levels.  We also have some that think they know what they are doing and generally end up breaking things.

X-Air Edit Software:

• Is there a way to create a "read only" or limit the USER to only see mixer controls and have an administrator password logon?
    • Is there a way to create a "monitor" only user that just shows the complete meters when logged in? As an alternative is there another piece of hardware that can just show meters?
    • Is there a way to add to the "User" view any meters?
    • Is there a way to add to the "User" view a "switch" that loads a certain snapshot

X-TOUCH Compact:

• Is there any way to make the top three rows of buttons "select" high / mid / low eq controls and then the knob can adjust those frequencies?
    • Is there a way to assign a button to load a "snapshot"
    • When I first turn on the X-Touch the master slider is set to the level of the mixer, but none of the channels are.  Neither is the state of the "mutes".  How can I get the current state of the mixer to be sent to the controller?

read more...
    0 183
    • howudodat
      teatralnik about X-touch: Many functions can be made by using OSC protocol. For example, making midi->osc->midi translation.
      • July 21, 2020
  • Jrdncrm
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-18

Hello,

I recently purchased an X32 and S16, however, they will not maintain a network link.  I have them connected with a shielded cat-5 cable over the AES50-A ports.  The S16 is set to the 1st setting (1-8) and will get a green light for the networking link, but only flashes, it does not stay solid. 

read more...
    0 196
    • Jrdncrm
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Jordan @Jrdncrm ,

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried another shielded cable? Do the ends have the ethercon shells? I've had one experience with a cable that tested OK with a network cable tester, but wouldn't sync reliably and I eventually tossed it and got another (with ethercons).

• October 18, 2019
    • Jrdncrm
      Jrdncrm

Hi, thank you for the quick response, and I'm sorry for my delayed one.  I am using a cat5e (without ethercon) that was working okay for the board/snake that we are replacing.  I tested a different shorter cable and it seemed to work fine.  I actually replaced the rj45 connecters on the original cable and it has worked fine since.  I've run the board and snake everyday since my first post and have not experienced any issues. 

• October 23, 2019
    • Jrdncrm
      RexBeckett

@Jrdncrm wrote:

Hi, thank you for the quick response, and I'm sorry for my delayed one.  I am using a cat5e (without ethercon) that was working okay for the board/snake that we are replacing.  I tested a different shorter cable and it seemed to work fine.  I actually replaced the rj45 connecters on the original cable and it has worked fine since.  I've run the board and snake everyday since my first post and have not experienced any issues. 

@Jrdncrm 

Hi Jordan,

I recommend that you use a cable with shielded RJ45s and Ethercon shells. End-to-end grounded shells are important to avoid problems with ESD which can otherwise cause drop-outs. 

• October 24, 2019
  • KiranT
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-17

Hey All,

A newbie here. Something is bothering me for a while now - and no google search answered it. So, here I am to ask you al experts! 

I needed 5 Mic inputs for a live concert - and I have X1222 USB mixer - with 4 mono and 2 stereo mic inputs. When I used my Mics on 4 mono channels - the gain was easy to set and sounded great. the Mic on stereo channel - sounds lower and i have to set gain to almost 100% - and all the EQ - to max to get a good gain out of that mixer. 

Then I learnt about Pan Rule - and how the signal is attenuated on the stereo. So, my question is - If I use a Mic to stereo TRS adapter - and instead of plugging it into the stereo (5/6) Mic input - plug it into the stereo inputs (L/R) of the same channel (5/6) - would it make a difference? Would that help me set gain on the lower side. My info so far and gut tells me probably not - but appreciate your insights.

read more...
    0 145
    • KiranT
      Vasco_Romijn

The XLR inputs of channel 5(6) and 7(8) are normal mono balanced inputs (read the manual page 7 part 2.2.1) even with phantom power. Yes you can use those channels also with the TRS inputs as stereo 5-6 and 7-8. But when the XLR's are used it is just a 6 channel balanced input mixer.

So the questions are;
      Is the microphone ok?
      Is the cable ok?
      Did you try another cable or microphone on those channels?
      Is it a condenser microphone and forget to switch the phantom power on?

• October 17, 2019
  • kosbax
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-17

What happened with catalina and konnekt sound cart?

could you make a 64bit drivers-software  for os Catalina to use konnekt sound cart

1 180
Go to page