Products

299,773 members
183,550 posts
  • LifeHouse
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-22

Hello Everyone,

Looking to get some help, I am recording on my Behringer X32 SD card, I have the X-live Expansion.  Here is my Config... I am coming in AES50, I have audio, its mixed, I record directly to the SD card, I have the settings on Automatic, 32 in 32 out.  When I go to playback, I cant hear anything, I check the routing and everything seems routed correctly (Card 32 in) on each channel accordingly.  I am using a 64 gig Storage card, 3/10.  the screen says its recording, but no playback.  HELP!Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.49.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.49.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.49.34 AM.png

read more...
    0 2,317
    • LifeHouse
      Paul_Vannatto

@LifeHouse wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Looking to get some help, I am recording on my Behringer X32 SD card, I have the X-live Expansion.  Here is my Config... I am coming in AES50, I have audio, its mixed, I record directly to the SD card, I have the settings on Automatic, 32 in 32 out.  When I go to playback, I cant hear anything, I check the routing and everything seems routed correctly (Card 32 in) on each channel accordingly.  I am using a 64 gig Storage card, 3/10.  the screen says its recording, but no playback.  HELP!

What have you got assigned on the Routing, Card Out screen? It should be the same as on the Routing, home (Input) screen in Record mode.

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      LifeHouse

I just checked the Card Out and it is assigned Card out 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32.  Please Note: So im recording from a Midas M32R, im coming out of the Midas via AES50B (So the Internal Sync is AES50B in setup under synchronization on the X32.  Coming INTO the Behringer X32 Im getting all of the 32 channels and when I hit record on the setup tab the wheels start turning as though its recording on the X32.  when I go to play back do I need to change the Syncronization? or anything Im Missing?      

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      Paul_Vannatto

@LifeHouse wrote:

I just checked the Card Out and it is assigned Card out 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32.    

That means that you have assigned the Card IN signals to the Card Out. In other words you are recording a bunch of blank tracks. If you want to record the same thing that you have assigned to the X32 inputs, copy those assignments (Routing, home (Inputs), recording mode) to the Card Out screen.

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      LifeHouse

When I Record, my home inputs are set to AES50B 1-8, 9-16, -17-24, 25-32. 

Do outputs need to be set to anything particular?

When I Playback they are set to Card in 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, -25-32.  still dont see anything registering...  When im recording I do... but when i go to playback its not.  When I playback should the synchronization be different?

• September 22, 2019
    • LifeHouse
      Paul_Vannatto

@LifeHouse wrote:

When I Record, my home inputs are set to AES50B 1-8, 9-16, -17-24, 25-32. 

Then on the Routing, Card out, assign the following:

* Outputs 1-8 -> AES50 B1-8

* Outputs 9-16 -> AES50 B9-16

* Outputs 17-24 -> AES50 B17-24

* Outputs 25-32 -> AES50 B25-32

Then re-record your gig.

• September 22, 2019
  • RonaldFigura
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-21

I have the DM12 communicating with the iPad app (more on that in another post). Ilike the fact that in the Preset Manager the Category button  allows you to rename the User category. This can be done with a long press of the Category name (to the left of the "Favorites" select icon). On the DM12, the edited Category name is correctly displayed below the Bank/Patch number. But when yo go to the "write" function on the DM12 and select the category function and scroll away from and back to the edited Category name it comes up with a a potion of the new name and portions of the Category name from either side of it. If I populate the category name with as many letters as possible (it appears to default to 7) then the edited Category displays correctly when scrolling to it from the DM12 "Write" function page. Wonky! 

read more...
    0 121
  • macard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-21

Hi, the Behringer  webpage for this item advertises < Extensive MIDI implementation and user preset memories for instant program recalls>  however, I see no reference to user preset memories in the user manual. can someone shed some light on how to save and recall presets on the device please.

read more...
    0 176
  • Jayze
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I was just after the process of sending 1 stereo signal into the the X32 say channel 1 and 2 and have that be sent to Main out 1 and 2 and then another stereo signal 3 and 4 to its own independant Main out perhaps 3 and 4 as well or even 7 and 8 if needed?

I want to run 2 stereo signals (from an Roalnd SDP drum pad that I am using for playback) through the X32 (So those signals can go to In ears) tehn back out to FOH.

Is this possble with this unit?

Thank you for any help you can give.

read more...
    0 112
    • Jayze
      DaveMorrison

@Jayze 

Yes. You can have 2nd output be just the drum module (either fixed volume of follow its channel fader) or be a separate mix with other mixes. You will need two free outputs. You would need two free mixbusses unless you are using direct outputs.

• September 20, 2019
  • jchagen61
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-20

My x32 isn't see the that there are any output devices connected, The system show the SD16 and SD8 and I  can see signal coming in on the meter tab.

0 116
    • jchagen61
      RexBeckett

@jchagen61 

Hello Jeffrey, welcome to the forum.

You control what is sent to the SD8 and SD16 by first selecting the source of each of the sixteen output channels - for example:

X32 Outputs.PNG

Then you route the output channels to the SD8/SD16 outputs via the AES50 connection - for example:

X32 AES.PNG

If you tell us how you want the outputs configured, we can give you specific guidance.

• September 20, 2019
  • paul_whitehurst
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I filed a claim on Sept. 16.  I have heard nothing.  I can't find anyway to contact someone about what is going on.

Thanks, Paul

0 347
  • DarrellKuwabara
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-20

I purchased an XR 18 in 2016 and then another as a backup.  Last year August 2018, one of my units had an issue on the Left Channel output on a gig.  It took over three months to repair.  In September, again on a gig, the second unit went down with the same issue. I believe that the unit is no longer under warranty, and I will need to pay for the repair.  

Aside from having the unit go down on a gig, my issue is that it seems to be the same issue with an output on the XR18 failing.  Is this a known issue and if so why is it not being covered as the repair cost for Behringer is small? A replacement capacitor, reboot  bench test.

I have  been a long-time Behringer user and have argued with colleagues that the brand offers, excellent quality, features and support.  I have purchased studio monitors, mixers (powered and unpowered), microphones and outboard effects.  As the company has expanded it offerings, I have remained a supporter.  I am disappointed that repair of this product is both slow and not covered in some manner.  

read more...
    0 440
  • rshankar
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-20

Hi,

I have noticed that there is a random spike in the guitar volume when I change the patches in play electric.

Its not due to different volumes of different patches.

There will be a sudden spike for maybe half a second before the volume goes back to normal.

I am unable to change the patches quickly within a song due to this glitch.

Has anyone else noticed it  ?

Is there any workaround ?

Thanks and regards,

Shankar

read more...
    0 219
  • vhollund
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I'm going through the new great features of Flashback 2 and the TP editor

However I can't seem to activate the octaver soundwise
    It's enabled in the settings, Wet level 0db and Router 0db Octaver to Effect but nothing happens

Are others having this issue or if not, what might I be doing wrong ?

read more...
    1 344
    • vhollund
      macfilipe

Hi,

You need to start with a template that already has the octaver turned on by default, such as the Crys or Dark Crystal.

Hope this helps!

• September 22, 2019
    • vhollund
      TC-Mike

Filipe is right, just select a Chrystal style Template that has the octaver enabled. 

In future versions we will fix this at one point, but since routing the octaver block into the feedback path of the delay needs several different parameters that are not accessible in the editor (as they would clutter up UI) you have to edit the existing one to customise your own Crystal delays for the time being.

Cheers,

Mike

• September 22, 2019
  • vhollund
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I'm going through the new great features of Flashback 2 and the TP editor

However I can't seem to activate the octaver soundwise
    It's enabled in the settings, Wet level 0db and Router 0db Octaver to Effect but nothing happens

Are others having this issue or if not, what might I be doing wrong ?

read more...
    0 197
    • vhollund
      TC-Mike

Octaver can only be used with existing Crystal/Shimmer templates . See your other post for more details..

• September 23, 2019
Go to page