Products

298,599 members
182,221 posts
  • rbone100
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-21

New to the group and using the XAir 18. I have two challenges when using X Air Edit:

1) When setting up a monitor mix to one of the 6 Buses, when I adjust one of the sliders, in setting levels on one of the buses, it effects the volume coming out of the Main LR. *** Reading though the numerous posts here, I might have solved this one but I haven't tried it out using the mixer. I am at the office using the X Air Edit in off line mode. I believe that challange is solved by clicking one of the 6 Buses on the right side under Main LR, then selecting the master Bus fader. I then would select the channel from the top and then deselect the orange LR under the Main Out?

2) The other challenge that I have is that I am unable to operate the sliders when adjusting the each individual channel bus levels. The channel bus levels mimic what is set using the Main LR levels. I should be able to operate the sliders independently when adjusting the Bus mixes from the Main LR mix?. Does the sliders not functioning in adjusting the Bus mode have to do with each individual channel, send at the top? I have mine all set to INPUT. I want to be able to adjust the level of the monitor mixes for each Bus using the sliders and adjust the MAIN LR levels using the sliders.

I am attaching my SCN file.

Thanks in advance!

Band Practice.scn
    read more...
    0 266
    • rbone100
      rbone100

I didn't see my SCN file so I am reposting it again.

Band Practice.scn
      • August 21, 2019
    • rbone100
      RexBeckett

@rbone100 

Hi Ralph, welcome to the forum.

You answered your own question (1) correctly. When you select one of the buses, the channel faders become the send levels to that bus - known as Sends on Faders. After clicking the bus button, make sure to click on the bus name above the fader at the extreme right to select the bus. All of your monitor buses are correctly deselected from the Main LR mix.

I don't see any problem with your monitor sends. The Input signal tap is OK for this - or any pre-fader tap. When you start using the FX Sends, you should change the signal taps for FXSnd1 to FXSnd4 to Post Fader so the effects level tracks the dry channels.

• August 21, 2019
  • Superunknown
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-21

Hi,

I have an issue with Odyssey internal sequencer: when I press arpeggio in hold mode (double press) and play some notes in keyboard, it runs fine, but when I want to change notes during arpeggio is already running, the whole sequence stucks. Only reboot helps. Is this a known issue which is gonna be fixed soon by firmware upgrade or have I a faulty unit? Please advice.

Thank you

Lukas

read more...
    0 642
    • Superunknown
      tinureg

I had a similar issue where I could not press / stop anything. Only a shutdown and restart helped. Hope they can fix it with a firmware update.

Cheers

Tinu

• August 21, 2019
    • Superunknown
      Talos

If they fix it with a firmware update how do you install it when the Synth Tool fails to connect?  

• October 5, 2019
    • Superunknown
      SpaceScurvy

I find that when the arpeggiator is on hold (or not) it will skip a beat if you're not exactly hitting the key with exact timing. It seems that it is unable to retrigger unless you're a robot or can play with perfect timing to the internal clock. It's frustrating if you want to do some classic 80s New Wave arpeggiated bass runs. My Juno 6 does its arpeggios with smoothness when retriggering a note and never skips a beat. Seems like this is a bug in the Odyssey.

• December 22, 2019
  • messmusic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-21

I purchased a license for the Finalizer app yesterday. I recieved a reciept from PayPal for the sale but I have had no email containing the iLok registration code. I submitted a support request (01000012) but have had no response from that either.

read more...
    0 349
    • messmusic
      messmusic

It's now 4 days since I bought this software and I still haven't been sent the license. This is not acceptable.

• August 22, 2019
    • messmusic
      haolintang1987 I have encountered the same problem as you. I don't know how to solve it
      • August 22, 2019
    • messmusic
      messmusic

I have requested a refund. If I don't receive one with 24 hours I will open a dispute with PayPal.

• August 23, 2019
  • bridgechurch
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-20

Is Behringer still honoring their warrentees? We have been unable to get support for quite some time and at this point I'm guessing that Behringer is no longer in business, or at the very least being phased out. We spent a small fortune on our equipment only to end up with no support at all. I am going to be returning all of our Behringer purchases.

read more...
    0 320
    • bridgechurch
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Adrian @bridgechurch

You are definitely making an assumption and guessing incorrectly. Music Tribe is very much still in business and honoring the warranty of all of their products. Before making a rash decision of returning product, why don't you give us a chance to see if we can help? Can you provide us some details?

• August 20, 2019
    • bridgechurch
      ChaseMcKnight

Hi @bridgechurch,

Please fill out a web form here and PM me your case # (you'll get an email confirmation when you submit the web form) and I'll escalate it to one of my colleagues. 

• August 21, 2019
  • Marshall7714
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-20

Is there any way to make the button on the harmonies -- a momentary button. Instead of clicking on, you would hold it for harmonies to be on.

I realize holding the button down was designed to serve a different purpose, causing the guitar to mute and tuner to engage, but I would gladly give those up for momentary function.

I don't know if some of the other models that add vocal harmonies can be used as I am describing, my question is specifically about the GT-X.

read more...
    0 228
    • Marshall7714
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Marshall7714,
      Unfortunately the Harmony G-XT cannot behave as a momentary effect.  Like you pointed out, holding the footswitch is already reserved for the tuner.  Our Harmony Singer 2 pedal can be configured to act as a momentary effect, but sadly the Harmony G-XT cannot.  Cheers!

• August 22, 2019
  • Dionysos
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-20

Hello Musictribe

I've had the x32 and a XR18 for years with zero problems what so ever. Anyway; My brand new MR 18 died when I tried to route a recorded track back to the console in my DAW.

It's simply dead now, no light anywere. I'm thinking it could be a fuse or something, but it has no fuse on the outside. Do you think my only option is to send it back (and wait for months) or can I check my fuse idea out without breaking the warrenty?

read more...
    0 255
    • Dionysos
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Kaj @Dionysos,

Welcome to the forum. Before doing anything drastic like sending it back, have you tried plugging in your XR18 to the same power cord to make sure the cord, etc. is working? To be honest with you, I haven't opened up my MR18 (or XR18 for that matter) to see if there is a fuse inside. Both have been working flawlessly since I got them.

• August 20, 2019
    • Dionysos
      Dionysos

Hi Paul

Yes, I've tried that. I geues it's just bad luck.

It did, however, sound great the four days it was alive. I don't know if it was the better pre-amps, but it was really sweet, the fx came to life in a new way too. I will send it back - and hope to hear it again in 2019

Thanks for your input

• August 20, 2019
    • Dionysos
      KenMitchell

If it's brand new, can't you just return it to where you bought it and get another one?  I'd expect that to be much quicker than trying to get it repaired under warranty. 

Ken

• August 20, 2019
  • st00p
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-20

Been using the presnous series 3 for a while and I love the work flow but hate the preamps so thinking of going the dl32 x32 route. We do a lot of live recording so wanting the better preamps

But one thing I have noticed in my research is the limit of true mix busses. Only 16 on the x32

The presnous has 16 plus 4 dedicated stereo fx plus main out plus 4 sub groups . That’s 26. 

Our set up 5 stereo in ears, plus mono wedge. 2 reverbs, 2 delays, main out and 4 sub groups.  I can also add any vintage compressor eq emulation to any channel, aux, subgroup .... all independently.

Am I right in saying with the x32 that all aux feeds, sub groups, effects AND inserted vintage compressors have to use up one of the 16 busses. ? If that right that simply isn’t enough. Would I have to buy 2 x m32c racks to make this work ? 

Thansk 

read more...
    0 221
    • st00p
      Paul_Vannatto

@st00p wrote:

Am I right in saying with the x32 that all aux feeds, sub groups, effects AND inserted vintage compressors have to use up one of the 16 busses. ? If that right that simply isn’t enough. Would I have to buy 2 x m32c racks to make this work ? 

Welcome to the forum James. Any inserted FX do not use buses, since they are inserted into the signal path. Buses are used only when FX are sidechained. Subgroups can use buses or DCA's depending on whether you need any subgroup processing. If you have 5 stereo IEM and use the 4 FX slots as sidechain, that leaves 2 mixbuses for subgroups, etc.

The 16 mixbuses limitation in the X32/M32 are what they are. Please understand that the DSP engine design is nearly 10 years old (3 years of development + 7 years production) and was 1/3 the price of the nearest competitor when it was initially released. So the limitations are what they are.

• August 19, 2019
    • st00p
      GaryHiggins

I'm somewhat doubtfull of the 26 true buses on presonus. Pretty sure not on separate outs, though perhaps I'm wrong. I think if one were hyping the X32 one would say 16 mono buses, 6 matrix buses, 4 dedicated fx buses 1 mono/center bus, one main stereo=28. As for stereo in ears, you can use (keeping the FX bus on 13-16) 6 stereo mixes on 1-12 and use aux outs for adding dupes of any of those to get 3 more stereo or a total of 9. Or dont use 13-16 for fx and get 2 more on XLR (8 stereo) and 3 stereo 1/4 in aux out. Then insert fx.

Does the presonus offer 9 separate tap points for each bus, each independent of the other?

• August 20, 2019
  • petermciver
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-19

Hello-

I’m using a DM8000 for a DSP Control in a theater install.  I have a fleet to f turbosound speakers all fed audio over Ultranet.  I plan on coming off a X32 into the DM8000 and then out to a P16D.  The fire alarm company has installed a smart relay with a set of N/C contacts that open in an active alarm state.  I’d like to use the GPIO terminals to trigger a ganged mute for all of the ultranet channels.  

Heres where I need some help.  I’m not sure of all the settings and the wiring terminals that I need to connect to make it work.

I submitted a trouble ticket weeks ago and never heard back from Klark Teknik.  Anyone have suggestions?

read more...
    0 479
    • petermciver
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Peter @petermciver,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not experienced with DM8000 so I had a look at the manual. From what I can see, the GPIO can only control volume (page 55). In order to externally control mutes or gang mutes, it needs to be done via RS232 (page 43). One way to create an RS232 interface with GPIO (connected to the smart relay) is with an arduino or Raspberry Pi and an RS232 shield.

• August 19, 2019
    • petermciver
      DavidBradshaw

Hi Peter

You can connect a NC/NO contact to any of the GPIO pins. In DM Designer add a 'GPIO Select' object to the design and nominate that to be connected to whichever GPIO pin you physically connect the NC/NO contact to. In DM Designer add a ganged mute to cover all the outputs and in parameters check the box to add a 'control input'. In DM Designer, connect the last output pin on the GPIO select for NC to the control input on the ganged mute. Load up the design and you are done. 

• November 26, 2019
  • kickingsaturday
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-19

image.jpg

I would like a better update

woth Mac like it ok plug and play but it a disco 2017

read more...
    0 133
  • bpd138
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-19

Hello,

Just a quick question; Will the Behringer SD8 work with the XR18 mixer?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Willie

0 505
Go to page