Products

254,575 members
132,277 posts
  • DougDeMarche
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-06

Why am I having difficulty uploading and/or emailing a scene file that can be opened?

Paul Vanatto?

0 178
  • StueyLewis
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-06

I am new to this interface, so forgive me if these are basic questions.

I've followed all the advice I've been able to find, and checked some of the limited resources on the Behringer web site.  Here's my issue.

I have both Audacity and Mixpad (another cheap DAW) and the same problem occurs with both programs.  With my guitar plugged in to one input and my microphone plugged into another, no matter what I do, both programs want to record both inputs on the same track.  I've tried changing every setting  can think of, reinstalling drivers, troubleshooting using different instruments and different inputs, and the same problem always occurs.

I've been able to playack through my bluetooth speakers, so I know it's recording something, but I would like it to record on separate tracks so I can mix them properly and add more tracks with other instruments (I"m a solo singer/songwriter type).

I run Windows 10 64 bit.

thanks

read more...
    0 566
    • StueyLewis
      StueyLewis

Update: I just notice there is a UMC control panel icon that says, among other things, ASIO is not active and the Input is greyed out and not editable, although the outputs are.

• August 6, 2019
    • StueyLewis
      RichardYClark

The only way to record both in Audacity is to record them as a single stereo file with the mic on the left track and the guitar on the right. Audacity doesn't do mutitrack recording or work with ASIO drivers I'm afraid. Don't know about Mixpad. Probably need to ask on their forum.

• August 6, 2019
    • StueyLewis
      KenMitchell

@StueyLewis wrote:

Update: I just notice there is a UMC control panel icon that says, among other things, ASIO is not active and the Input is greyed out and not editable, although the outputs are.

Hi @StueyLewis . 

Welcome to the community.  You need to be using the ASIO drivers in order to access each input individually.  Audacity can only use MME drivers so you are limied to a Stereo Pair input. 

Mixpad does support ASIO so you should be able to create 2x MONO tracks and assign an input to each.  I'm not familiar with Mixpad but I just downloaded a trial version so I'll see if I can help out. 

Ken

• August 6, 2019
    • StueyLewis
      KenMitchell

Hi @StueyLewis ,

I had no problem getting Mixpad to record individual mono tracks using the ASIO UMC driver.  Let me know if you need a hand getting it setup. 

Ken

• August 6, 2019
    • StueyLewis
      StueyLewis

So if I understand correctly, I clicked on the audio options for each track. Changed the recording device to ASIO UMC Driver, then changed the drop down to Mono, then used input 1 for track one, input 2 for track two, and so on down the line.  Is this correct?

You don't by any chance have eperience with the TC Helicon Play Acoustic do you?  It has two outputs, one for guitar and one for vocals.  If I change the ouptut on the Play Acoustic to Mono, then it should send each output to a different track n MIxpad, does that sound right?

Thanks!

• August 7, 2019
  • Sverker
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-06

Hi! I'm still trying to learn my XR18, and tonight I had a problem. I was only listening through headphones, no speakers or monitors connected. I connected my bass guitar to channel 1, since it's hi-z, and I can see all the meters moving, but there was no output. When I tried channel 2, also hi-z, I heard my bass loud and clear. I'm quite sure I hadn't muted the channel.

Does anyone know what might have caused this, and how do I resolve the problem? Is there anything special about channel 1?

read more...
    0 320
    • Sverker
      RexBeckett

@Sverker 

Hi Sverker, channel 1 on the XR18 works the same as channel 2. Here are some things to check:

Is channel 1 assigned to a Mute Group that is muted?

Is channel 1 assigned to a DCA that is down or muted?

Is channel 1 routed to the Main mix? (Select the channel, open the Main tab and check the LR button is on).

Is the Gate for channel 1 enabled with a high Threshold setting?

Is there an inserted FX in channel 1?

Is channel 2's Solo button on?

If you can't find the problem, attach your saved scene file to a post (See Choose File below).

• August 6, 2019
    • Sverker
      Sverker

#3 did it, I had unchecked LR in the Main output. Thanks a lot!

There are so many things you can do with this, and so easy to get lost...

• August 7, 2019
    • Sverker
      RexBeckett

@Sverker wrote:

#3 did it, I had unchecked LR in the Main output. Thanks a lot!

There are so many things you can do with this, and so easy to get lost...

@Sverker 

I'm happy to hear you got it working. Please mark the solution to help others who may search for the same problem.

Yes it is a complex beast but you'll grow to love the flexibility. 

• August 7, 2019
  • chmod755
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-06

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get replacement rack ears for the XR18? I submitted two support emails to Behringer and they're not answering.

0 277
  • RyanGlant
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-05

Hey all - I'd like to find a way to send a mono vocal from DAW to the Perform VK, so I can get just the harmonies to be recorded as separate tracks to go along with the nicely performed dry vocal. Any ideas on routing? Can I use the aux input on the VK to send the vocal in and play the chords on my keys to trigger harmonies and record the outs on the VK?

read more...
    0 215
    • RyanGlant
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RyanGlant,
      Don't bother with the auxiliary analog input, you should use USB audio!  If you're on Windows you'll need a driver (available here) and if you're on a Mac then it's already good to go.  Use the included USB cable and connect your VK directly to your computer via USB.  This page outlines how the USB audio in Perform-VK works, basically you just use the VK as your audio device in your DAW, send audio to the vocal channel, and record the harmonies coming back from the VK, all over USB.  Cheers!

• August 8, 2019
    • RyanGlant
      Wineoh52 Hi, Can you elaborate please. I have a vocal track in Protools and I would like to add harmony to the track using either the Perform VK or Acoustic Live. When you mention "This page outlines how the USB audio works" where would I find the page.
      • September 30, 2020
  • WadeGibbs
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-05

Hello,  new member first post.  I am currently the bass player and sound man (nobody else wants to do it) for a 5 piece bluegrass band. Very limited mixing/sound experience, currently use a Xenyx 1002. I have spent the last few weeks viewing Youtube videos and browsing the archive pages. Received my XR16 today and was able to:

1) Connect PC using internal WiFi and update the firmware

2) Connect PC using XR16 as DHCP server

3) Connect PC and XR using an external dual band router

4} Attached a 58 to input one and got output through the headphones and added some FX

Now for the question.                                                                                                                                              When I connect using a Ethernet connection the yellow light on the XR16 port flashes continuously and the green light never eluminates. Is this correct or do I have something configured incorrect.  Thanks in advance.

Wade

read more...
    0 207
    • WadeGibbs
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Wade,

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry too much about the green light. If you have a solid connection, that is what matters. I would strongly suggest you always use a dual band external router instead of relying on the internal one. 

My question is how are you fitting a 5 piece bluegrass group into the limitations of an XR16? I'll be doing sound for an award winning 6 piece bluegrass group (Winterline) on Thursday, but will be using my X32. This is because all instruments have to be mic'd (no plugging in allowed) and I finally convinced them to try stereo IEMs (which they fell in love with). This requires 11 inputs plus 12 mixbuses (6 stereo IEMs) and 15 physical outputs (including FOH). 

• August 5, 2019
    • WadeGibbs
      WadeGibbs

Paul, thanks for the response. My plan is to always use the external router. 

The bands I play for are local for fun, nothing approaching even semi-pro. One group uses a single Ear Trumpet (Louise) used by rhythm guitar, mandolin and banjo all three share vocals and a single instrument mic for the fiddle and I use a Audio Technica Pro 35 for my bass and we don't have monitors. The other band uses a condenser mic shared by 2 rhythm players who share vocals, 2 58's for dobro and banjo and my Pro 35 for the bass again no monitors. The guys I work with want to get away from multiple mics and use the single mic with people moving in and out for breaks. We have the typical issues with vocal mic technique, not being consistent when stepping to the mic for a break, trying to tame a banjo that is twice as loud as the mando and guitar. As stated in my original post I am a noob at mixing and sound and we don't have dedicated sound person to ride the faders so I will be trying to figure a mix that sounds decent through the whole set.  It is a treat when we get a show/venue that provides sound and a sound man.

I am open to any suggestions for mixing a band that wants to do the single mic thing.

Thanks

Wade

• August 5, 2019
    • WadeGibbs
      Paul_Vannatto

@WadeGibbs wrote:

Paul, thanks for the response. My plan is to always use the external router. 

Excellent. You won't regret it.

The bands I play for are local for fun, nothing approaching even semi-pro. One group uses a single Ear Trumpet (Louise) used by rhythm guitar, mandolin and banjo all three share vocals and a single instrument mic for the fiddle and I use a Audio Technica Pro 35 for my bass and we don't have monitors.

Is it a stand up bass? If so and you are encountering harmonics around 110 hz, turn the mic to face the strings (sideways) instead of aiming at the instrument. I discovered this by accident. 

The other band uses a condenser mic shared by 2 rhythm players who share vocals, 2 58's for dobro and banjo and my Pro 35 for the bass again no monitors. The guys I work with want to get away from multiple mics and use the single mic with people moving in and out for breaks.

The first time I did sound for Winterline was at an outdoor jamboree. They were passing through to open for a headliner at a nearby city and decided to join the fun. And we used the single large condenser mic technique. It was a lot of fun and entertaining. But I had to first EQ the mic for feedback and constantly ride the fader during the performance. 

We have the typical issues with vocal mic technique, not being consistent when stepping to the mic for a break, trying to tame a banjo that is twice as loud as the mando and guitar.

Mandolins have a much lower volume output than banjo's etc. That is the main reason why Winterline went to individual mics for each of the instruments and vocals - for consistency. Once everyone is dialed in and the scene saved, soundchecks are relatively quick and the performance goes much more smoothly.

As stated in my original post I am a noob at mixing and sound and we don't have dedicated sound person to ride the faders so I will be trying to figure a mix that sounds decent through the whole set.  It is a treat when we get a show/venue that provides sound and a sound man.

Bluegrass is one of the more difficult genre's to mix IMO, and I doubt you will get the consistency you desire with a single mic setup. One option is to use 2 mics - one at mouth level and another at instrument (waist) level. Dobro's are a bit of an issue since they are played flat and needs the mic to point down from above (similar to how a fiddle should be mic'd).

• August 6, 2019
  • fterougas
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-05

Hi to everyone.

Before one week I'm an owner and big fan of a Behringer X-Touch.

I'm working with Logic Pro X and everything is more than perfect ... exept the issue that I have in the video.

Every time I touch (just touch, not moving) the fader, it steps down the volume by -0,1dB.

Does anyone know why?

The firmware is 1.15

Thank you in advance for your support.

read more...
    0 167
    • fterougas
      Kinghuru

It's funny that my problem, since updating the firmware is that my jog wheel is activated when I increase or decrease the volume slidder... this does not occur when I change the volume from the volume mixer inside the DAW, only when I change the volume on the hardware mixer itself...

• October 4, 2019
  • Ktmckay
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-05

I purchased the X Air X18. I am having issues with the effects not enabling to the channels. Anyone have a solution or trouble shooting process? 

0 168
    • Ktmckay
      RexBeckett

@Ktmckay 

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.

The fastest way for us to help is for you to attach your saved scene file to your post (see Choose File button below). Also tell us which channels you want processed by which FX slots. 

• August 5, 2019
    • Ktmckay
      Ktmckay

Here is a screen shot. I am getting signal but not hearing the effect. 

IMG_0024.PNG
      • August 5, 2019
  • DanielBecker
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-05

The question came up on a Facebook page for the XR series as to where the insert point is for the Mains on the XR. The block diagram at the Wike shows the flow to be Compressor, Insert, Eq. This seems odd to have the Compressor pre EQ in the flow.

However, in the XAir Edit software, the layout under the Channel Tab for the Mains shows the EQ before the Compressor. The tabs across the top puts the EQ before the Compressor (reading left to right). This would make sense.

So, which is correct? The block diagram with the compressor before the EQ or the software suggesting the Eq is before the Compressor?

Or am I reading the block diagram incorrectly? Though the channels show the EQ before the Comp in the block diagram.

read more...
    0 355
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker 

Hi Daniel, the block diagram here shows that, in the channels, the flow is: Gate, Insert, EQ, Compressor. In the Main and Aux buses, the flow is different: Compressor, Insert, EQ. This seems to be correct in practice.

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      DanielBecker

So, in the mains, it is normal to compress before EQ'ing?  Curious as to why that would be the proper way.  Just asking as I learn more.

The insert issue was regarding the Combinator.  I would think one would not use the main compressor if you are inserting the Combinator?

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker wrote:

So, in the mains, it is normal to compress before EQ'ing?  Curious as to why that would be the proper way.  Just asking as I learn more.

The insert issue was regarding the Combinator.  I would think one would not use the main compressor if you are inserting the Combinator?

@DanielBecker 

I wouldn't say it was normal to compress the buses before EQ'ing but that is how the XAir mixers are arranged. In the X32 mixers, the insert point can be switched pre or post EQ.

If inserting the Combinator FX processor into the Main mix, the built-in compressor would not normally be used.

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      DanielBecker

Yes, I have the X32 core and have been playing with it's software.  I noticed you can switch the order of EQ/Comp/Insert.

Thank you for the help.  It is odd for the XR to have the Main Comp before the EQ but....

Maybe someone else has an oppinion.  Hopefully from Behringer them self to explain why the Comp is before the EQ on the XR.

• August 5, 2019
    • DanielBecker
      RexBeckett

@DanielBecker 

It is odd for the XR to have the Main Comp before the EQ but....

I haven't found it to be a problem in practice. EQ on Aux and Main buses is generally used to tailor the overall response to suit the environment and speaker system. In this case, it makes more sense to EQ the signal after the dynamics have been applied. There may be other explanations but they will not change how it has been implemented.

Why is it a problem for you?

• August 5, 2019
  • Greenstar
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-05

Hello.
    I am French and I use Google to translate.
    I have just been offered a DX2000USB and I am delighted.
    I use it in studio production / broadcast webradio + personal listening.
    I would need the internal diagram "block diagram" table to know the internal routing of it.
    Does anyone have this pattern?
    Thank you.
    JC

read more...
    0 61
Go to page