Products

254,284 members
131,955 posts
  • PilotMan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-02

Same post wiht files - We had scene files backed up on a laptop from our initial installation set ups of bands.   The original X 32 was damaged in a lightning storm. We replaced it with a new unit and try to import the scene files back into the X32.  There must be some difference between the files because 90% of our settings are not showing up on the board anymore. We did check to make sure that the safes were off.  Anyone have any idea of a way to modify the files in text edit to make them workable on newer firmware? 

Trey & Sara.scn.zip
    read more...
    0 61
  • PilotMan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-02

Here's the jist of it. We had scene files backed up on a laptop from our additional set ups of bands.  The original X 32 was damaged in a lightning storm. We replaced it with a new unit and try to import the scene files back into the X32.  There must be some difference between the files because 90% of our settings are not showing up on the board anymore. We did check to make sure that the safes were off.  Any buddy have any idea of a way to modify the files in text edit to make them workable on new firmware?  Im sure Behringer knows how to fix this but they are no where to be found and do not resopnd to emails. 

Can't even begin to express how frustrated I am right now. As a professional integrator for many years we have designed a lot of systems that work well with facility control systems and bars and restaurants. We integrated x32 into many projects and now have NO support when we run into problems in the feild that need to be solved immediately. 

Trey & Sara.scn.zip
    read more...
    0 88
  • MaryM_Gill
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-02

I sent a .scn file to a friend via email.  When he tries to load it, it says he needs permission.  I have never come across this before.  Any ideas or explanations?  I sent it as an attachment from my Surface Pro desktop and not from a cloud sharing program.  

read more...
    0 45
  • NormMast
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-01

Just curious about this.If I make changes in my loaded scene, such as routing settings or other changes. Does this affect ONLY that scene, or will other scenes also be affected? My hunch is only that scene, until I load that scene and save it to another scene, then it would apply to the other scene as well.Make sense?

read more...
    0 118
    • NormMast
      DaveMorrison

@NormMast  Which product are you using?

If you are talking about the XM32 mixers, this is usually true. Some settings can affect this though. 

• June 1, 2019
    • NormMast
      Paul_Vannatto

@NormMast wrote:

Just curious about this.If I make changes in my loaded scene, such as routing settings or other changes. Does this affect ONLY that scene, or will other scenes also be affected? My hunch is only that scene, until I load that scene and save it to another scene, then it would apply to the other scene as well.Make sense?

If you make changes and not save to a scene, it will not affect that scene or any other saved scene. If you have specific routing changes that you want to apply to all of your scenes, there are a number of ways to do that. Just let me know and I'll help you through it.

• June 1, 2019
  • kinetic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-01

Very happy to see Dimension D as an effect but it only is available as a side chain effect (unless I am mistaken).

I thought the main use of the Dimension D was to process a signal fully wet.  Currently I want to process our singer's voice for one song through the Dimension D fully wet but I can't seem to find a way to do it.  I can imagine that at some stage in the future I will want to process guitars and keyboards the same way, both on stage and also in the studio (going into CuBase via the X32 USB card).

Can anyone help?

If Behringer is listening it would be very beneficial if this effect was available as a normal insert effect

Thanks

read more...
    0 121
    • kinetic
      RexBeckett

@kinetic 

Hi Keith,

The Dimensional Chorus FX does not have a wet/dry Mix control so is not suitable for use as an insert. You would not normally want to run it 100% Wet - unless it was in a bus pair with a parallel dry signal path (no obvious advantage over normal send/return usage).

It doesn't appear in the list of insert-only processors for FX 5-8 as its computational requirements exceed the resources of those slots. 

You could use X32 Snippets to switch the sends to a single FX side-chain slot so you could deploy the chorus for different sources during a gig.

• May 31, 2019
    • kinetic
      kinetic

Thanks Rex.  From my old studio days I remember we used to process (as an example) a guitar through a Dimension D.  We would always only want the processed sound (none of the original unprocessed signals at all).  But the real issue here is that one of the real benefits of the Dimension D was it's stereo field.  Processing a mono signal through the Dimension D on a channel on the X32 only results in a processede mono signal, so you can't get that fantastic stereo spread effect.  Since I've only had my X32 Producer for about a week I'm still on a fairly steep learning curve - perhaps there is a way to route the vocal signal to a stereo bus and then put the Dimension D as an insert on that stereo bus and then route that out to the main outs?  But of someone can help here that would be appreciated.

I'm pleased though that you mentioned snippets - scenes and snippets is an area that I am learning about now and perhaps I should start a new thread about this.  But I was hoping to be able to turn effect on and off live at a gig.  It seems that the only way you can do this remotely is via a midi switcher, but I am wondering how hard or involved it is to do it manually from the desk during the show (and how quickly does the desk react to the change - ie is the much delay between swirching an effect on or off via a snippet?)

Thaks for your response Rex

• May 31, 2019
    • kinetic
      RexBeckett

@kinetic wrote:

Thanks Rex.  From my old studio days I remember we used to process (as an example) a guitar through a Dimension D.  We would always only want the processed sound (none of the original unprocessed signals at all).  But the real issue here is that one of the real benefits of the Dimension D was it's stereo field.  Processing a mono signal through the Dimension D on a channel on the X32 only results in a processede mono signal, so you can't get that fantastic stereo spread effect.  Since I've only had my X32 Producer for about a week I'm still on a fairly steep learning curve - perhaps there is a way to route the vocal signal to a stereo bus and then put the Dimension D as an insert on that stereo bus and then route that out to the main outs?  But of someone can help here that would be appreciated.

I'm pleased though that you mentioned snippets - scenes and snippets is an area that I am learning about now and perhaps I should start a new thread about this.  But I was hoping to be able to turn effect on and off live at a gig.  It seems that the only way you can do this remotely is via a midi switcher, but I am wondering how hard or involved it is to do it manually from the desk during the show (and how quickly does the desk react to the change - ie is the much delay between swirching an effect on or off via a snippet?)

Thaks for your response Rex

@kinetic

Hi Keith, FX Send buses are always mono but the Dimensional Chorus, like most X32 effects, has a stereo return output. Check the processor's STEREO switch.

You could insert the Dimension into a bus/pair using one of the FX1 - 4 slots. I've never had occasion to try this but maybe it will give you what you want. I use it in normal send/return mode and like the subtle sound. If you want 100% wet, you would need to remove the original channel from the Main LR mix and assign the bus pair to Main.

Snippets are mini versions of scenes. If they are only changing a few parameters, they are almost instant. They are commonly used for changing settings during live performance and do this very well.

• May 31, 2019
    • kinetic
      kinetic

Yes, sorry Rex I was getting myself confused re the side-chain FX return, which is of course stereo.

Thanks for your comments re the Snippets - back to the manual and YouTube!

• May 31, 2019
  • RaveyStabs
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-01

On the XR18 I would like to utilise all inputs 1-18 aswell as have my USB connected computer output too, but I can't find a way of doing this without losing an input channel and I'm not sure it is even possible?

My PC is connected using USB to the XR18. Inside In/Out > USB Returns, I route USB 1/2 to the Aux L/R stereo channel, since USB 1/2 I use as my default main output in Windows.

Inside the Aux input channel (17/18) "Channel" settings, I can either turn on USB for computer playback or turn it off for 17/18 line input, but it seems I cannot have both, is this correct?

Ideally I would like my PC audio to go straight to the main outputs without sacrificing a channel if possible, maybe I'm missing something obvious or is it a limitaiton?

read more...
    1 342
    • RaveyStabs
      RexBeckett

@RaveyStabs 

Hi Mark, welcome to the community.

As you have discovered, the channel 17/18 input can be either the analogue Aux in or a USB return pair - but not both at the same time. The limit is 18 channels. You can route a USB Return pair directly to Main, Aux or Monitor outputs if that would help?

• May 31, 2019
    • RaveyStabs
      RaveyStabs

Thanks Rex.

When you say route a USB return pair directly to Main Out, is that in In/Out > Main Out? This would seems to do a straight through from USB 1/2 to main out but turns off the rest of the mixer?

• May 31, 2019
    • RaveyStabs
      RexBeckett

@RaveyStabs wrote:

Thanks Rex.

When you say route a USB return pair directly to Main Out, is that in In/Out > Main Out? This would seems to do a straight through from USB 1/2 to main out but turns off the rest of the mixer?

@RaveyStabs 

Yes that's correct but if you use Aux outputs (In/Out -> Aux Out), the main outputs would not be affected. The idea only helps if you can mix the extra two channels with the main outputs downstream - like at your monitors. Otherwise, you need a bigger mixer...

• May 31, 2019
    • RaveyStabs
      RaveyStabs

Ah, route it to a bus out then mix with main out afterwards you mean? Unfortunately I have all 6 bus outputs on other duties, so looking into a small submixer

• May 31, 2019
    • RaveyStabs
      RexBeckett

@RaveyStabs wrote:

Ah, route it to a bus out then mix with main out afterwards you mean? Unfortunately I have all 6 bus outputs on other duties, so looking into a small submixer

@RaveyStabs 

So you are using all 18 inputs, all 8 outputs and you need two more inputs... You could route USB 17/18 to the Monitor bus and use the Phones output for downstream mixing with Main LR but I think you have reached the limit of what the XR18 can handle. I can recommend the X32 Rack. The extra flexibility of the X32 ecosystem solves many problems.

• May 31, 2019
  • kozmosound
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-01

I am attempting to use an M32r at FOH and an X32 as a stage box. I get everything to connect.  All the green boxes are showing.  However, all I can seem to achieve is for the VU meters on the M32r to show what is on the X32 and nothing more.  If I change the name of a track on the X32 it doesnt effect the M32r.  If i adjust the fader on the X32 it doesnt effect the M32r.  Or vice versa.  Any insight into this and what I may be missing would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

read more...
    1 353
    • kozmosound
      RexBeckett

@kozmosound 

Hi Kozmo, welcome to the community.

It sounds like a problem with configuration or routing. Usually you would route all the local inputs on the X32 (stagebox) to AES50-A and connect this to the FOH AES50-A. Then set the FOH Inputs routing to the same AES50-A blocks to get the inputs from the X32.

The X32 pre-amp gains affect the signal going to the FOH but the X32 channel controls would normally only be used for local monitor mixes.

If you explain how you would like your system to work and where you want to connect the inputs and outputs, we can help you with the configuration. 

• May 31, 2019
    • kozmosound
      kozmosound

Sik thank you for the quick response.  I would like:

- M32r at FOH

- X32 on stage.

- All my inputs go into X32

- All my outputs come from X32

- I stand at M32 and twiddle knobs and it comes out the X32.

- Also would like a stereo pair of outputs at least for a feed for this stream that is happening. 

Both are firmware 3.11.  Currently connected M32r out of AES50A and into AES50A of X32.  I have a QSC chillin that I am using to listen to.  Stereo input into 1/2 of the X32 and out of where I want it to go (output 1/2 via matrix).  Essentially, my M32r is a glorified VU meter.  I can see all the levels that are on the X32 on my M32r.  But once I start moving faders, labeling channel strips, etc. neither effects the other.

Hope this makes sense.  I am on stand by for your response while I smoke more doobs and watch more youtube tutorials. 

• May 31, 2019
    • kozmosound
      RexBeckett

@kozmosound wrote:

Sik thank you for the quick response.  I would like:

- M32r at FOH

- X32 on stage.

- All my inputs go into X32

- All my outputs come from X32

- I stand at M32 and twiddle knobs and it comes out the X32.

- Also would like a stereo pair of outputs at least for a feed for this stream that is happening. 

Both are firmware 3.11.  Currently connected M32r out of AES50A and into AES50A of X32.  I have a QSC chillin that I am using to listen to.  Stereo input into 1/2 of the X32 and out of where I want it to go (output 1/2 via matrix).  Essentially, my M32r is a glorified VU meter.  I can see all the levels that are on the X32 on my M32r.  But once I start moving faders, labeling channel strips, etc. neither effects the other.

Hope this makes sense.  I am on stand by for your response while I smoke more doobs and watch more youtube tutorials. 

@kozmosound 

On the X32, set the routing like this:

X32 I.PNGX32 O.PNG

On the M32R, set the routing like this:

M32 I.PNGM32 O.PNG

You also need to define your outputs 1-16. That would be something like this:

M32 O 1-16.PNG

You need to adjust this to suit your mix and possibly provide your local stereo outputs to XLR or Aux.

It is probably easiest if you use the M32R Aux channels for the local inputs. These could still be through the local XLR inputs if required.

If you want to be able to control the X32 pre-amps from the M32, open the X32 Setup -> Preamps page and check HA Remote AES50 Port A.

Channel strip labels are local to each mixer so will not be reflected on the other device.

• May 31, 2019
    • kozmosound
      kozmosound

Awesome, I got it to work. It seems that I was missing the AES50a routed to AES50b on the Midas.  I dont understand why this AES50b is routed at all since Im not using that port on either device.  Also which unit should be "synchornized" to AES50A technically?  I swapped and have tried with one on AES50a sync and one on internal and vice versa and it seems to lead to the same result.  

• May 31, 2019
    • kozmosound
      RexBeckett

@kozmosound wrote:

Awesome, I got it to work. It seems that I was missing the AES50a routed to AES50b on the Midas.  I dont understand why this AES50b is routed at all since Im not using that port on either device.  Also which unit should be "synchornized" to AES50A technically?  I swapped and have tried with one on AES50a sync and one on internal and vice versa and it seems to lead to the same result.  

@kozmosound 

I'm happy to hear it is working but it cannot be due to the AES50-B routing. That is redundant in your configuration.

I would run the X32 with Internal synchronization and set to M32R to AES50 A. 

• May 31, 2019
  • sounddesigner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-31

So I am using an X32 Compact with an SD8 stage box and trying to send outputs 1-8 to separate MixBuses (separate from what MixBuses 1-8, which are assigned to the outputs of the X32.)

I have them connected via AES50a. Getting the inputs setup was very straight forward, and already patched by default. I have my X32 XLR inputs as channels 1-16, and the SD8 is 17-24. I was even able to assign some of the faders in the first bank to A01, A02, etc. Very simple and intuitive.

However, I'm having difficulty assigning the SD8's outputs to separate MixBuses. Assigning different outputs for MixBuses doesn't appear to be as straight forward. For instance, I thought it would be as easy as just selecting MixBus 9 and assigning it to SD8 output 1.

By default, it appears the SD8 is assigned to mirror the XLR outputs of the X32 Compact (1-8). I need to keep those separate. When I send to MixBus 1, it sends to both the XLR output of the X32 and Output 1 of the SD8.

Via the AES50a tab, I tried assigning AES50a (Outputs 1-8) to Out 9-16. I've tried flipping the switch on the SD8 between the different modes; 1-8 and 9-16, but nothing appears to work. 

The "Out 1-16" tab is straight forward, you choose an Analog Output and you choose a category/output signal (here I would choose MixBus). However, it only gives Analog Output as an option (no AES50 in the list)... 9-16 on that page has an asterisk next to each channel and they are all assigned to the MixBuses accordingly. Output 9 to Mixbus 9, etc.

Is there a way for me to assign, for instance, Output 1 of the SD8 to MixBus 9 and so on? And have Outputs 1-8 of the board remain separate on MixBuses 1-8? Am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 430
    • sounddesigner
      DaveMorrison

@sounddesigner 

Output 1-16 is not an analog output. It's an intermediate stage. After your outputs are staged on Output 1-16, then you can assign those to the XLR out (Mixer) and/or AES50 (stagebox).

• May 31, 2019
    • sounddesigner
      sounddesigner

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. So is it a misnomer in the X32? Or does that subheading change when something else is done? It says "Analog Outputs" in the left column/list for me and AES50 is not a choice there. How do I get that to change?

• May 31, 2019
    • sounddesigner
      Paul_Vannatto

@sounddesigner wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. So is it a misnomer in the X32? Or does that subheading change when something else is done? It says "Analog Outputs" in the left column/list for me and AES50 is not a choice there. How do I get that to change?

What Dave meant to say was that Outputs 1-16 screen was not directly connected to physical analog outputs (it use to be). Rather it is one of the staging areas where individual signals can be assigned to virtual outputs in order to make up banks of 8. These banks can then be assigned to the screens that are directly attached to physical outputs, such as the Card Out, AES50 (A and B) and XLR Out (banks of 4). The latter (XLR Out) is directly connected to the XLR-M jacks on the back of the console.

• May 31, 2019
    • sounddesigner
      sounddesigner

Hi Paul,

Thank you. And I aologize for my confusion.

So I see on the 'Out 1-16' tab, Output 9-16 have asterisks next to them, saying, "the outputs are currently not connected to any physical output connector on this device. Please check the 'xlr out' routing tab."

However, when I go to the 'xlr out' tab, I only see two lists, Outputs 1-4 and Outputs 5-8. So it's just showing the xlr connections on the back of the board. 9-16 is not on that tab.

Am I misunderstanding all of this? And is it that I can't assign 9-16 as separate outputs? And I have to repurpose a patch of 4 of my outputs from the board? As in, I can only have 8 total (combination of board and SD8)?

• June 1, 2019
    • sounddesigner
      DaveMorrison

@sounddesigner The asterisks are reminders that the board doesn't have physical outputs. Go ahead an assign what ever you want on 9-16. Then Go to the AES50 A/B tab. Go to the OUT 9-16 heading (source) and set it for AES A 1-8 (output). I presume this is where you want it. This will put that block of signal on the AES50-A port on channel 1-8. 

• June 1, 2019
  • drmuey
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-31

I’ve read other posts/web sites about this but can not find an actual solution.

I am an amature hobbyist and I am using XAir XR18 in my home to control our sessions. I also want to record the sessions so I do USB to my macbook pro and Garageband.

We have the mix sounding ok w/ the left/right XLR outputs to powered speakers and some powered monitors via the aux busses.

My mac’s audio input and garageband’s audio inputs connect to XAir XR18 ok via USB.

The 1/4" instruments (hi-z (1 and 2) or preamped) come through well enough, still too weak to really use though.

All the microphones (XLR) are barely audible.

In garageband:

• I see the meter move for any track/input I am using (XLR mics are about half what the 1/4" ones are)
      • for grins I tried w/ or w/out phantom power on the track w/ no difference
    • When I record a given track its display is 99.9% a flat line w/ the occasional small blip
    • When I play back the recording:
      • 1/4" stuff is audible but not enough to be usable
      • Mics/XLR is barely audible
    • Each track’s “Record Level” is all the way down and the slider is disabled.
    • upping a track’s output volume and gain helps a little w/ the record level but that also makes it more likely we'll max out and clip/sound bad.

So, assuming default settings for everything except individual track sliders, and with all of that:

How do we get everything configured so that the output to the USB is stronger w/out maxing other levels out? 

Thanks!

read more...
    0 722
    • drmuey
      RexBeckett

@drmuey 

Hi Dan, welcome to the community.

A low recording level means that the pre-amp gains are too low. The mix can sound OK if channel faders and/or monitor speaker gains are raised to compensate.

The way to fix this is to set a good gain structure throughout the sound system. This starts with setting pre-amp gains so that the input meters peak at about -12dBFS (or slightly below). Set channel faders, initially, about -5dB to 0dB. Set the Main LR fader to 0dB and adjust monitor speaker gains for a good level. From this point you can adjust individual channel faders to get the best mix. Follow the same process with any monitor mixes. 

• May 31, 2019
    • drmuey
      ArunModi

Hi,

I have X18 and want to record my concerts thru USB connected to my Windows PC (Windows 10) for recording/ streaming live into Faceboook/Zoom etc. The problem is USB feed volume level. Is there any independent control in X18 that allows one to increase/decrease the volume of mix going thru USB without changing LR fader as higher the Fader on LR, the speakers start blasting. I have mappped my USB1 & 2 to LR respectivly and chosen the tap as 'Pre fader' in 'USB Send'.

• April 7, 2020
    • drmuey
      Paul_Vannatto

@ArunModi wrote:

changing LR fader as higher the Fader on LR, the speakers start blasting. 

Turn the input sensitivity on your speaker amps down and run the signals in the console hotter.

• April 7, 2020
    • drmuey
      ArunModi

Thanks for your suggestion. It is not so easy to change Speaker amps volume as they are at a good height and also because I dont stream and record every performance, however your suggestion is good.

As Behringer has not provided any control for volume for USB send, the better solution in my mind is:

in USB Send in 'I/O menu', map the channnels say 1 & 2 to LR and then chhose 'Pre-Fader' as their configuration.

Now, whenever USB recording is needed - you can increase the fader of all inputs to desired level and bring down LR fader to a level where:

a. people listening from speakers find it confortable, and

b. at the same time the input singnal to 'USB Send' is at a higher DB than before.

I have never tried 'Grouping', maybe I can group my input channels (track, microphones etc.) to a group so that any increase/decrease applies to entire group instead of changing fader for each channel individually.

• April 8, 2020
  • arfcorps
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-05-31

Any plans on releasing a docking station to house the four available controllers TC-2290, DVR-250-DT etc ?

Thanks!

1 252
Go to page