Products

260,696 members
139,320 posts
  • riffjam
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-22

Hey Behringer! I love your "D" synth -but shipping it with uncalibrated oscillators ( -and forcing customers to calibrate them their selves -thereby risking voiding their warranty ) really sucks! I'd have no problem paying a little extra ( -say adding $30.00 to the suggetsed retail price of the "D" ) to get a "D" with factory-calibrated oscillators. I recently bought a "D" but couldn't abide it's "drifty" oscillators. So I sent it back to the dealer. If you start shipping your "D's" with calibrated ( -in tune ) oscillators I'd consider buying another one ( -even if you have to raise the price $30.00 or so ). 

read more...
    0 228
  • jgehrhardt
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-22

I was given an X32 Producer with firmware V2.12.  I would like to upgrade to 3.11 (the latest), but have read online of 1 or 2 instances where the X32 becomes unuseable with a firmware upgrade.  If I do the update and it fails, is there a way to recover the Mixer back to 2.12?  (2.12 is no longer available from the Behringer site).

read more...
    0 192
    • jgehrhardt
      DaveMorrison

Hi @jgehrhardt 

@jgehrhardt wrote:

I was given an X32 Producer with firmware V2.12. 

Very Cool!

Updating from version 2 to 3 is generally pretty safe. Version 3.11 is very nice and seems to be stable. Members of this forum have older versions of the firmware (I have version of 2.xx that's a little later-I forget the exact number). 

• June 22, 2019
  • riffjam
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-21

A ( 3 ) x 3340 VCO, ( 3 ) x LFO version of the "Crave"? CAST your VOTE in my "Crave 3" Synth Poll!  How about a full-featured workstation keyboard small enough to carry in a gig-bag and play anywhere? Or how about a "live performance" synth that allows you to tweak 27-synth parameters simultaneously from one hand as your other plays the keyboard? These are just a few of my crazy synth design ideas. Would you like to see Behringer produce any of these? Take a look:  Tomm's Crazy Synth Designs

read more...
    0 231
    • riffjam
      TC-Mike

Hi Tommy,

thanks for your input.

is your Crave 3 idea meant to be a monosynth too?

What filter should it have ? the same as the Crave ( Moog ladder) or a different one eg the multimode filter from the Neutron?

i think i'd keep the sequencer rather if it is meant to be a 3 osc mono

From your other design drafts i like the idea of a sample based portable "workstation" kind of keyboard- an updated Rompler design loaded with high quality bread and butter sounds , enough voices and maybe an analog filter to round it all off

best regards,

Mike

• June 24, 2019
  • hoover
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-21

Hi,

I'm new to this console 

I'm looking at a mic on channel 32 which I've sent to reverbs and delays on bus 13 - 16 

All the effects are routed back to the fx returns and everything is lighting up like it should. I am sending the mic on 32 to 4 effects units at the same time and all are returning to FX returns 1 -4 

The stereo bus button is lit on all the effects returns but I can not hear them through the headphones that I have plugged into the console.

If i solo the effects returns I can hear the effects through the headphones but if I take solo off I can only hear the dry mic on channel 32. No other solo lights are lit.

Many Thanks

read more...
    0 340
    • hoover
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Scott @hoover,

Welcome to the forum. Do you have any DCA's assigned to the Fx Returns? If so, they are probably muted. If not, I would suggest that you export the scene (using the Utility button) to a file, zip it and attach it to your response (Choose File below).

• June 21, 2019
  • usonianhorizon
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-21

We have an upcoming conference with 60 participants in an overall space of 105' W X 18' D X 10' H.  Orientation may switch with screen and speaker along short wall.  Spoken word only.

I wanted to find out if this system might suffice for this volume of space?

advTHANKSance.

read more...
    1 353
    • usonianhorizon
      KenMitchell

Hi Pavneet ( @usonianhorizon ), 

Welcome to the community.  It should work just fine although you'll want to consider proper speaker placement. Those room dimensions are almost a hallway so I definitely would present from the short wall.  Assuming the audience will be sitting in chairs, you'll need about 10 rows of 6 chairs each which puts the back row at least 30 ft from the front row. No problem for a 500W PA. 

I'd recommend you get a pair of speaker stands and also consider the ULM wireless mics if the presenter isn't standing at a podium. Most presenters, particularly those with less experience, prefer the wireless freedom. However, you need to make sure to place the speakers far enough forward so the presenter (and mic) never get in front of the speakers. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• June 22, 2019
    • usonianhorizon
      usonianhorizon

Thanks for your detailed reply, @KenMitchell .

Yes, we would like to use ULM mics, but haven't found an update to the dongle weakness problem posted on this video (suggested on the Behringer product page):

Behringer ULM Ultralink Mic problems at Northern Beaches PA Hire

Plus, I am not clear on the difference between the 200 and 300 series mics.

Regards.

• June 23, 2019
    • usonianhorizon
      RichardYClark Basically the 200 series use the USB dongle as the receiver. And yes it does stick out if connected straight into a USB socket on the back panel of a Behringer powered speaker. Answer. Use a short USB extension lead so that it can be kept flat to the back panel with Velcro or similar. The 300 series comes with a proper receiver rack with analogue audio out like any other traditional wireless mic.
      • June 23, 2019
    • usonianhorizon
      RichardYClark To put your mind at rest I only thought of it as I answered your post. I have been using it sticking out and liable to damage. Doh!
      • June 24, 2019
  • Moshebear
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-20
    0 136
    • Moshebear
      KenMitchell

Hi @Moshebear ,

Welcome to the community.  When you say "hear music" I assume you mean something being played from the iMac itself?  I'd recommend using PB3/4 (USB3/4 OUT) for this so you leave PB1/2 for use with the inputs. 

Take a look at this diagram which will help you understand how PB3/4 is routed in the interface: https://github.com/mcnster/umc-404hd-signal-path/blob/master/umc404hd.pdf

The reason I recommend PB3/4 is because it only goes to the direct outputs and the headphone jack and not to the Main LR. 

On the iMac, launch Applications->Utilities->Audio MIDI Setup. Under "Audio Devices", select the 404HD and click on Configure Speakers.  Select USB 3 for Left and USB 4 for Right.   On the 404HD depress the Mon A/B button to select "B", adjust the headphones volume,  and you should hear whatever is playing from the iMac.  

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ken

• June 21, 2019
  • JimJam
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-20

Hi totally newbe here, today bought Corona, FlashBack 2 and HOF2 pedals.

Do you guys have any idea how to switch toneprint setting in one click for all three pedals? Like playing a show and for each scene or song you would like to have another setting instead of time consuming beaming each pedal indivdual.
    Hope you can help me out, thanks in advance!!

read more...
    0 163
    • JimJam
      TC-Mike

You cannot switch settings on multiple pedals at the same time .

if you are connected to editor, you can switch between TP settings in realtime while connected via USB to editor, but you can only connect 1 pedal at a time.

Best regards,

Mike

• June 24, 2019
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2019-06-20

Nick and Gaz from Sonicstate got a pre repoduction model of the soon available Rd-8 drum computer and made a little video going through al the features: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xp1jXdBIw

I love the additional features married with the authentic analog cicuitry of the original.

What do you think?  anybody pre-ordered already? 

Cheers,

Mike

read more...
    0 444
    • TC-Mike
      KenMitchell

Hi Mike @TC-Mike , 

Looks interesting.  Where can we pre-order? Searched Behringer's website, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, etc. and can't find it listed anywhere. 

Thanks,

Ken

• June 20, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike

HI Ken,

i checked Thomann and other and could find any pre-order optins yet either. But with the f produktion being ramped up as we speak, it shou be around the bend .  

I'll try to get some more infos from my fellow Behringer tribers....

Best regards,

/Mike 

• June 20, 2019
  • Bluehemisphere
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-19

Hi all. Recently bought a pipeline tremolo. Shipped with a standard sine type form in the "Vintage" switch mode, a gentle square waveform in the "Square" mode, and I can't remember what was in the "TonePrint" switch position. Possibly the same as "square". 

Anyway I plug in via USB or use the TonePrint app via mobile phone and change the TonePrint slot. Fine. Good. Works. 

HOWEVER, it also seems to put that TonePrint sound on the "square" mode position as well! 

(I have tried putting the "default" TonePrint back on and it then still does the same thing)

Is this the correct way it should function? I presume not. Hence the three-way toggle switch n'est-ce pas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Jon

read more...
    0 100
    • Bluehemisphere
      TC-Mike

Hi Blue Hemisphere,

i tried to reproduce it, but it works as it should and after storing a toneprint it will only affect the toneprint slot of the pedal. 

Please confirm that after storing a toneprint, you disconnect from the editor !! before switching to SQUARE setting, otherwise you will still hear your toneprint setting. While connected to edtor, you ALWAYS hear the buffered settings from the editor and NOT what is stored in the pedal slots! , You should always stay in toneprint position while working with the app/editor.

hope this helps.

With best regards from the TC people,

Mike

• July 1, 2019
  • cpopetz
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-19

I am controlling an XR-18 from an iPAd.  I want to create two snapshots that _just_ change the source setting on the 18 inputs, one "usb inputs" setting to set them all to usb (for virtual soundcheck) and one "mic inputs" to change them all back to mic.  What I specifically _don't_ want is for the gain settings to be changed when I move between the two.  But when I create a snapshot whose scope includes the 18 channels but whose parameters only includes "source" it has no effect to load it.  If I include source + input, it does the right thing to the source, but it also loads the gain...which I emphatically don't want.  Is this a bug?  Is there a workaround?  Am I misunderstanding how this works?

read more...
    0 292
    • cpopetz
      Paul_Vannatto

@cpopetz wrote:

I am controlling an XR-18 from an iPAd.  I want to create two snapshots that _just_ change the source setting on the 18 inputs, one "usb inputs" setting to set them all to usb (for virtual soundcheck) and one "mic inputs" to change them all back to mic.  What I specifically _don't_ want is for the gain settings to be changed when I move between the two. 

Actually I think you do. I will explain below.

But when I create a snapshot whose scope includes the 18 channels but whose parameters only includes "source" it has no effect to load it.  If I include source + input, it does the right thing to the source, but it also loads the gain...which I emphatically don't want. 

Is this a bug?   No it's by design

Is there a workaround?   Yes there is, but not with an iPad

Am I misunderstanding how this works?   Yes, allow me to explain.

Snapshots store almost all of the XR-18 settings. The recall scope settings limit what is loaded and changed. Unfortunately these recall scope settings (equivalent to safes in the X32 world) are not very granular. The source of a channel is actually divided in 2 - one for the analog source (IN01-IN16, Line 17-18) and one for the USB source (USB01-USB18). These are included in the Source Recall Scope. But there is also a switch (called rtnsw in OSC) that switches between these 2 sources and this switch is part of the Input Recall Scope. Unfortunately the Input Recall Scope also include a number of settings - including the analog gain and USB digital trim. 

You mentioned that you do not want the gain changed when switching between analog and USB (virtual soundcheck). Actually you do. When you recorded those tracks, all of the analog signals went through the preamps and included the physical gain and phantom. Say for example the vocal mic (ch 1) had the analog gain set at +25db and it was recorded to the DAW. When you go to play that signal via USB, it will be at the +25db level. Therefore you would want the USB digital trim to be at 0db to get the same signal strength. 

About a workaround, yes there are workarounds, but not with an iPad. What you are really after is a snippet (an X32 feature not found in the X-Air world) of the snapshot that just includes the 18 analog/USB switch settings. A snapshot can be saved as a scene file. Unfortunately the iPad saves these scenes in a unique binary format. If the scene file is saved with the X-Air Edit (Mac, PC, linux, Raspberry Pi), it is saved in an ASCII format that can easily be modified with a text editor or Scene Parser. When a scene is loaded into an XR-18, it reads these OSC commands line by line and changes the settings accordingly. If all setting you don't want changed are removed, then those settings will remain intact. Scene Parser is designed to parse (extract) portions of a scene in order to created a "modified scene" that is equivalent to an X32 snippet.

Another option is to use Live Toolbox with its tidbits. Tidbits are essentially snippets on steroids and is available for both the X32 and X-Air world. You could create a simple tidbit with the following 2 commands and assign it to a custom button:

Toggle chan 1-16 return switch

Toggle aux return switch

• June 19, 2019
Go to page