Products

285,165 members
167,088 posts
  • rwprigge777
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-06

What is the easiest way to insert a channel in the fader bank on the Behringer Wing? Say I have channels 1-16 assigned to the fader bank and I decide I want to insert a channel on fader #2. How would I do that without having to reset all 2-16 channels?

I must be missing something!

read more...
    0 247
    • rwprigge777
      GaryHiggins

@rwprigge777 Select the ch, select the inputs tab, choose the desired input. That replaces the ch there with another source. Rename the ch. if you are shuffling ch's that's another process, not much longer though. That same process also allows swapping out of a single ch if you want.

This will plain better 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNfYOJqbSn0

• March 6, 2020
    • rwprigge777
      Paul_Vannatto

@rwprigge777 wrote:

What is the easiest way to insert a channel in the fader bank on the Behringer Wing?

* Press the channel layer View button

* Press the 4-fader icon (top center)

* Top section are the available channels. Bottom row are the channel strips.

* If you want to insert, select an available channel and drag to the channel strip row in the desired location. 

* If you want to move channel strips, select the channel strip (at bottom) and drag to the desired place.

• March 6, 2020
  • dimi69
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-06

Wo gibt es eine ausführliche Bedienungsanleitung 

0 215
    • dimi69
      GaryHiggins

@dimi69 

Hello, there is no detailed user manual at this time, best place to get info is here in this forum or some of the more detailed Behringer Wing Youtube video's. Most of them are in English though. If you are interested anyway I can post the links.

• March 6, 2020
    • dimi69
      realsound

Es gibt keine umfangreichere Bedienungsanleitung. Wie der Kollege schon beschrieben hat kannst Du nur nach Videos in YouTube suchen die manche Dinge näher erklären. Wenn Du, wie ich, immer etwas Probleme mit den überwiegend englischsprachigen Erklärungen hast, kannst Du Dich gerne an mich wenden. Ich werde versuchen Dir Erklärungen zu geben soweit ich Dinge selbst verstanden habe.

realsound(at)t-online.de

Gruß

Klaus Fugmann

• March 7, 2020
    • dimi69
      TES_Mahi

There is a very good YouTube series about the Wing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5VjZyK6xM&list=PL9CYG-ctxb_e_bARDFmBkAXRr03TWcB_x

They also got some good videos on there Behringer Mixers (The X32)

• March 13, 2020
  • NGonz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-06

Hello All,

I just want to state upfront I'm a hobbyist and not well schooled in the fine arts of musical recording. 

Here is my setup info: I have a Mac OSX (MacBook Pro - Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running Catalina (10.15.3). I'm using Garageband (10.3.4) along with a Behringer UMC202HD 192K. I just putz around and so far this setup works for me as I'm just using it now for the sound effects for my guitar.

With that being said - here is my problem that I'm hoping somebody has an answer to. I can plug up my guitar to Garageband and everything works, however, after around 3 seconds the guitar input audio drops/cuts-out. I'm not playing loud enough or have enough of an input signal to where it's clipping (and I don't think even if it did clip it would go silent). I'm not well-versed enough (although I am computer technical) to know if this is a noise gate, maybe something with the USB, buffering, or what.

My input and output are two different sources as I saw some related problem were they thought this could have an impact. I've searched the internet at length and am finding some people that have similar problems but no real solutions.

Any guideance/support would be appreciated. I do want to start doing some actual recordings but this is driving me nuts.

Thanks, NG.

read more...
    0 79
  • antonmartin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

Hi there,

do you think there will ever be a new firmware for VL3X or is the last one from 2019 the final version?

I would like to know if it's worth to wait or not. I miss the midi start and stop option and mapping start/stop of direkt audio to USB recording to a switch.

Thanks

Toni

read more...
    0 223
    • antonmartin
      ChrisF

I think I heard it from the web-vine that no more f/w updates for the VL3X to gear up for the VL4.

• March 8, 2020
    • antonmartin
      antonmartin

Hi, thanks for your reply. Is there any information when a VL4 will come out. It's very quiet about TC Helicon at the moment.

Toni

• March 8, 2020
    • antonmartin
      TCH-Rob

Hi @antonmartin,

we're currently working hard on the next Voicelive product and some other exciting new products here at TC Helicon. We're running with a very lean team right now, so we simply don't have the bandwidth to work on new firmware for older products and develop new ones. If one of our engineers took time to update VL3 that would directly set back the release of the next Voicelive and other new products. 

As of now the VL3x is in it's final stage, but we hope to have the capacity to continue to update it at some point in the future.  

• March 10, 2020
  • avmt
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

Hello There,
    I own a wing Mixer and i don't see butterworth Linkwitz Riley filters on there. Kindly add that to the buses, mains and matrices on the mixer. The current eq type works but would like to see more deep cuts. Thanks for all your hard work

You guys rock!

--Richard

read more...
    0 164
    • avmt
      GaryHiggins

@avmt 

Hi, you probably already know but just in case, you can access 24db LC and 12db HC from the "gear" drop down on the bus/matrix/mains eq pages. Helps some...

• March 6, 2020
    • avmt
      avmt

Hello Gary,

I will try that and update. Thanks for the quick turn-around

--Richard

• March 6, 2020
    • avmt
      avmt

Hello Gary,
      I tried the suggested method, it works but i prefer using the LR and butterworth deep cuts. Kindly include that in your next release. 

Thanks

--Richard

• March 7, 2020
  • rwprigge777
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-06

Hey guys, I am setting up a new Behringer Wing with 8 in ear monitor buses and I have sent all the channels needed to those buses, however I do not have any effects like reverb on my vocals sending to the IEM buses. What is the best way to accomplish this? I currently have my 4 vocal channels sending to effects buses for the main bus outputs, but I wasn't sure if I could send effects buses to IEM buses. Here's my signal flow currently.

House: 4 VOX channels --> 4 different FX buses --> Main Bus --> PA system

Monitors: 4 VOX channels --> 8 IEM buses

Is it possible to do this for Monitors?

Monitors: 4 VOX channels --> 4 FX Buses (post fader to be adjusted to musician's preference) --> 8 IEM buses

read more...
    0 217
    • rwprigge777
    • rwprigge777
      GaryHiggins

@rwprigge777 

If you could do with less than 4 fx and you don't need too many Main buses, I find the best method is to use 2-3 mains for fx buses. Then you have a full 16 "normal" buses for in ears-and whatever. You can also set up the normal buses like the X32 with the last 4 used for FX. The issue with the Wing is returning the fx to other buses. The way a lot of us have done so is reassign some input ch's as fx returns-typically some aux ch's. Like aux 1-4. Then you can use those aux ch's as fx to bus sends. Use them to add fx like you would add any other ch to a bus mix. I've settled on the 2 mains for fx use method myself, I then use one main for aux fed subs and one main for FOH. You still have 16 regular buses and 8 matrix left for other duties. The return business is delt with the same using 2 aux ch's.

• March 6, 2020
    • rwprigge777
      TimPadrick

V1.06 allows the sending of buses to buses 1-8, so you can have FX in your monitors.

• April 1, 2020
    • rwprigge777
      GeorgeDougherty

@rwprigge777, for my larger setup on the Wing with 10-12 stereo IEM's I do a combo of Gary's method and the Buses.

I use Main 3-4 for Lead and Bg sends, assigning the main output as the input source on multiple aux channels where I patch my reverb and other desired fx units for the leads and bg vocals.  I have two verbs and two delays (one delay stays set as a slapback) and use the auxes with UDKnobs on decay timings to blend different effects throughout a show.  For instruments, I use two mixbuses, one for instruments and one for drums, returning them to auxes as well.

At my church with limited monitor needs since we're P16, I moved the lead/bg sends to mix 13-14 and the same aux setup so it's easier for other volunteers to find all the Fx routing.  With 1.06 I dropped using the aux returns for instrument and drum returns though I didn't need to.  For the P16's we use a stereo mixbus to send all our audio playback and vocal reverb into ears.  Took a little blending but that has worked well.

• April 3, 2020
  • atsowell000
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-06

having issues when doing filter sweeps on crave. when adjusting the cutoff, it produces static. doesn't matter if you adjust the cutoff up or down, any time the knob is in the middle, it produces static (pink noise). doesn't matter if you turn external audio input all the way down or have the osc saw patched to the external audio input. it still produces static.

anyone having a similar issue?

note: i've tried resetting to defaults, new audio cables, headphones, etc. no luck so far. 

read more...
    0 100
  • heathaustin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-06

Hello! I am the Technical Director for a theatre, and I am upgrading my X32 to a wing as I often find myself needing more and more inputs. But I am concerned with the fact that the wing has gotten rid of scene automation. Since I am needing to record a lot of cues, I am curious if anyone has found a workaround with snapshots? Or if Behringer is planning on an update to fix this problem! Thanks!  

read more...
    0 127
    • heathaustin
      GaryHiggins

@heathaustin 

Hello, I think the answers to both questions is Yes.

@Paul_Vannatto Has a partial workaroud I believe, he has wriitten an app I think that will help.

I believe there is at least talk of a similar future firmware update to deal with scene type changes and cues down the road.

• March 5, 2020
    • heathaustin
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Heath @heathaustin 

Welcome to the forum. As you have noticed, the Wing has only basic snapshot functionality, similar to what we had when the X32 was first released. Snapshots saves all console settings. But recall options are more extensive (than the equivalent X32 scene recall). As Gary @GaryHiggins mentioned, they do plan on developing the whole snapshot/show/cue etc. along with snippet like functionality. I'm hoping the latter (I'm calling it snipshots - snippet like snapshots) will be added to the Library soon. Unfortunately there is no ETA for any of this at this point. 

Gary also mentioned that I have developed an app to convert X32 scene files to Wing partial snapshots, called XM32 To Wing Converter. With it, you can use your library of X32 scene files on the Wing (with some tweaking of course).

• March 6, 2020
  • domecomario-123
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-06

Saludos a  Les solcitodos:

Acabo de adquirir el pedal Harmony Singer 2 y no trae incluida su fuente de alimentacion. En el manual online no esta claro el tipo de fuente que necesita para un rendimiento optimo.Les solicito me informen acerca del volataje y los amperios que necesita la unidad para su optimo funcionamiento. Tambien si conocen alguna tienda donde comprar la fuente original. Muchas gracias.-

read more...
    0 150
  • yammo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

I have done some tests and I have found that voice rack FX is working as an AUv3 audio unit in cubasis on apple ios 11.1.2. But.. on ios12 or higher it has issues crash and controls not rendering, this needs to be fixed to work with apple ios 12 or higher. Please pass this on to the developers so that they can get a fix, I have been trying to get the issue resolved for over a year with no success and no help... ?

read more...
    0 104
    • yammo
      yammo

looks like TC Helicon /Electronics has abandoned this app, I feel I need to review this on the app store so future buyers know of the issues, and the developers have given up and to avoid buying the app. or any future apps by this developer..... 

• March 11, 2020
    • yammo
      TCH-Rob

Hi @yammo ,

I'll let our app development team know about this ASAP. These issues likely aren't on their radar. Thanks for letting us know!  

• March 12, 2020
Go to page