Products

285,163 members
167,086 posts
  • JLC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

Hi there, I already own all the plug ins with the controllers. I think tc, for people like us (we bought the previous version with the controllers) should give us an  ilok license for free (with two instances, even sonnox is doing that).

Thanks for hearing!

read more...
    0 158
    • JLC
      HomeStudio87

@JLC wrote:

Hi there, I already own all the plug ins with the controllers. I think tc, for people like us (we bought the previous version with the controllers) should give us an  ilok license for free (with two instances, even sonnox is doing that).

Thanks for hearing!

+1

• March 5, 2020
    • JLC
      TC-Mike

Hi JLC,

Mike from the guitar team here.. As far as i know, you can just use the native versions and use the controller as a dongle to work with them ..  (or you need to connect it for authorisation and then you can work without it attached  for several months) 

Let me know if this works.... If not, i  pass this on the my colleagues in the Pro team..

Best,

Mike

• March 17, 2020
    • JLC
      chrismilne

The fact that the early adopters who paid more cant' use the version without the controller (i.e. on the road or like me the controller doesn't work in the the last 6 months of updates for Studio One) is an unbelievable disrepectful decision to your customers.   

• April 1, 2020
  • dmorrier
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-05

The manual for the Midas DL16 stage box show the inputs as "Mic/Line". Is there a way to configure the input levels (Mic vs. Line) from the M32 Edit (on M32C)? 

0 130
    • dmorrier
      RexBeckett

@dmorrier 

There is no mic/line switch on the DL16 preamps. There is sufficient range on the gain control to accomodate both mic and line-level inputs.

• March 5, 2020
    • dmorrier
      dmorrier

Thanks @RexBeckett . Possibly related to the question is what the difference is between when M32Edit shows the channel with trim vs. gain. The right an left sides of the picture below are two pictures. Left shows trim and the right shows gain. Is it controllable? Does it depend on level of input? 

trimtrimgaingain

• March 8, 2020
  • Benmaru
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-05

I have been happily using a Behringer EUROPORT mpa 100BT for over a year now. The wireless mic is no longer working-Looks like the culprit is the usb dongle ulm300d. Tried moving the dongle up and down,  left and right while inserted in  the usb port and the loudspesker goes on and off. Leads me to the  conclusion that the usb dongle is defective. Would appreciate getting info as to Where  I can get a replacement dongle? Thank you

read more...
    0 253
    • Benmaru
      RexBeckett

@Benmaru 

Hello Ruben, welcome to the community.

It could be a fault on the USB receiver but it is also possible the USB socket on the speaker is damaged.

I suggest that you raise a Care ticket for Service Repair explaining your problem. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Make sure that you fill-in every required field on the Care form.

• March 5, 2020
    • Benmaru
      Benmaru

Good morning @RexBeckett RexBeckett.

Thank you for your response and welcome gesture - most appreciated.

I suspected the usb socket/port so I tried charging my iPhone through the usb socket and it worked. Thus I was able to eliminate the usb socket as a culprit and zeroed in on the usb receiver/dongle.

I will proceed in accordance with your suggestion and hope Behringer can (and will) remedy this hiccup by repairing/replacing the receiver/dongle. 

Cheers! 

• March 5, 2020
  • rwprigge777
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-05

Has anyone tried the Graphic EQ built into the Behringer Wing? I am setting up a mixbus with the Graphic EQ for my vocal mics to pass through for the purpose of ringing them out in the room. When I turn on the effect however, it makes the vocal channel sound strange, almost tinny with some added noise on the high end. All the bands are at unity, so I would assume that the Graphic EQ effect wouldn't change the sound quality at all until I start adjusting EQ with it. Has anyone experienced this or have suggestions?

EDIT: I noticed that this occurs only when I send the vocal to a bus with the GEQ effect. The vocal does not have this sound quality change if I apply the GEQ effect directly to the vocal channel.

read more...
    0 344
    • rwprigge777
      KevinMaxwell

My guess would be that you are also sending the vocals channels to a main out and thru the bus to the main out. There is probably just enough Propagation delay added when you do this and the 2 signals are combining out of time with each other and that would account for the bad sound.

I regularly tune the system for linearity (what goes in is what comes out) and I then use a VOCAL Mix Bus on a console with an EQ inserted for the best gain before feedback. You just have to be careful that you are not sending the same signal thru 2 different paths and then they are out of time with each other. Also when using the graphic EQ I would suggest that you throw the little switch on the EQ to True EQ mode. It is a much smother EQ then the standard mode.

• March 5, 2020
    • rwprigge777
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Richard @rwprigge777 

Do yourself a huge favor and take the time to learn how to use the built-in parametric EQ instead of the GEQ. I was challenged to do this a few years ago and I now very rarely use GEQ.The Wing has excellent PEQ as well as other neat features that work in conjunction with the PEQ.

• March 5, 2020
    • rwprigge777
      rwprigge777

@KevinMaxwell That was it!

@Paul_Vannatto My thought process has always been to use GEQ for feedback reduction and PEQ for fine tuning the tone of the voice. In essence I set it and forget it when it comes to GEQ. I adjust PEQ constantly to make the vocalist or speaker sound natural and cut through a mix. How would you approach this? Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking to learn.

• March 5, 2020
    • rwprigge777
      Paul_Vannatto

@rwprigge777 wrote:

My thought process has always been to use GEQ for feedback reduction and PEQ for fine tuning the tone of the voice. 

I use PEQ for both and find it much faster and better sounding.

• March 5, 2020
  • Chaostrophy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-05

Hello all, does anyone else have problems with the swing function during pattern playback? I can't make it work, I turn tempo/gate knob while pressing shift, green leds change correctly but nothing happens, it keeps playing all steps, no muting of off and on steps as described in manual. I have latest firmware, 1.1.1.

read more...
    0 411
  • Chicken76
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-05

I'm new to mixers so I'd like to know from an owner if these can do what I need before I spend the money. Go easy on me, ok?

Setup: microphone in channel1, headphones in the dedicated jack, speakers (with amplifier) in the Main Out/Main Mix connectors, USB port connected to computer.

1. Can I use it as a sound card? (Just disable onboard audio and use this as the only sound device in the computer)

2. Can I control where the output is going (speakers or headphones) without unplugging cables? (just using the buttons and knobs)

3. Can I choose to have or not have the microphone signal in the headphones? (have for monitoring purposes, not have for normal operation)

4. Does the Q502USB handle high-impedance headphones better than the 302USB? (being powered externaly as opposed to the 302USB which is powered via the USB bus)

5. I assume operation in Windows is pretty flawless. What about Linux?

Hope you guys don't mind these newbie questions. Let me know if this is not the right place for this kind of questions.

read more...
    0 102
    • Chicken76
      bumbummen99 1. Yes
      • January 9, 2021
    • Chicken76
      Paul_Vannatto 2. and 3. - For these small analog mixers, the answer is no. If you want this level of routing control, consider investing into one of the digital mixers such as the XR18.

4. I would recommend not using high impedance headphones on either mixer.

5. Audio in Windows has not been "flawless" for some time. Every update they release risks them breaking the audio part again. I got sick and tired of this to the point that I switched to linux Mint last year (January - when they abandoned Win7) and I'm so glad I did. Since all Behringer products are Core compliant, using linux means there are no drivers required - and it just works.
      • January 10, 2021
      • Does anyone have  a Xenyx Q502USB or 302USB and can confirm a few things?
        bumbummen99 To 2 & 3, isn't that exactly what the Line to Main/Phones and 2TR to Main/Phones buttons are supposed to do? Also can this be achieved by using two 302 USB?
        • January 10, 2021
      • Does anyone have  a Xenyx Q502USB or 302USB and can confirm a few things?
        Paul_Vannatto No, not according to his question.

Q1 asks if he can "control where the output is going". Those mixer outputs include the mix of mic, line and/or USB and go to the main, headphones and USB outputs. So those 2 buttons control only part of what goes to those outputs. To get more output control requires one of the digital consoles.

Q3. asks if he can "choose to have or not have the microphone signal in the headphones". Those 2 buttons have no affect to the microphone routing.

Regarding your question, using two 302 USB will not change anything regarding the above questions.
        • January 10, 2021
  • sgruber9
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-05

Hi! I'm extremely new to the world of board mixing, but am trying to learn for my local church. We are currently trying to connect our camera (that captures video of the services) to our Behringer x32 board. We'd like a few channels (e.g., our pastor's mic) to be directed to the camera for better sounds quality in the recording, as opposed to noise from the house. I recently learned that you have to route things to a matrix via a bus - could someone walk me through how to do this? I haven't done any initial setup for this yet.

I've found tutorials online, but they all seem to mention outputting a signal via XLR, and our camera is connected to the board via a 1/4in.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 104
    • sgruber9
      CraigFowler

Dedicate a spare bus to be for the camera mix (eg bus12 for the sake of this example.)

Route channels to it and mix as appropriate.

Routing>AuxOut

Set whichever aux output connects to the camera as bus12, post fader.

The bus12 master fader will control the overall level sent to the camera.

• March 5, 2020
  • twanghang
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-05

I am considering a scenario for how I would use the Plethora X5, but Im not sure it's feasible and am looking for the advice/counsel of anyone who knows the answer -

I have a Boss ES-8 switcher. In my audio path, I would have the X5 in one of the loops and have the MIDI change commands coming from the ES-8 to change boards. I have 4 different drive/distortion pedals and need the ES-8 to choose patches with each of them and in certain combinations with the sounds from the X5.

Is there any reason this wouldn't work? 

read more...
    1 280
    • twanghang
      macfilipe

Technically it should work, just bear in mind that as @TC-Mike said in another thread, the board change in the Plethora isn't immediate - it takes a couple of seconds to reload all the effects, during which time it mutes the outputs to avoid clicks. If instant patch change is important to you, that might be an issue.

• March 5, 2020
    • twanghang
      CarlBigsby I didn't realize that. But can you change between any combination of the five chosen stompboxes via MIDI? Lets say that you have Plethora X5 pedalboard consisting of the following five pedals

1. Harmonizer

2. Mimic

3. Delay

4. Reverb

5. Effect Loop

Let's say I need the following combinations in a song

1. Just Effect Loop

2. Mimiq and Effect Loop

3. Harmonizer and Effect Loop

4. Delay and Effect Loop

5. Reverb and Effect Loop

6. Delay, Reverb and Effect Loop

Can I then send program change messages over MIDI to select all these pedal combinations? Otherwise there will be a lot of tap dancing to change sounds when including external drives etc.
      • March 5, 2020
  • prehistoricdawg
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-05

I'm looking to streamline my tap tempo between my flashback 2 x4 and my walrus monument tremolo.

I've found the Nose multi tap pedal, but I can't find specs on if the stereo input on the fb is NO or NC. anybody that can solve this for me?

read more...
    0 66
    • prehistoricdawg
      TC-Mike

Flashback 2 X4 has a build in Tap tempo switch and doesn't support an external tap Tempo switch via it's stereo input,as this is not needed. 

However, you can use Midi CC 13 to rempote control the FB 2 X4's internal Tap tempo function too..
      Flashback 2 X4s delaytime can also be synced to an incoming Midi clock.

see the Flashback 2 X4 Midi specs for more info:

fb2 x4 midi spec.PNG

With best regards

Mike

• March 10, 2020
  • Loic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-05

Hi,

I couldn't see anything about the subject online. 

Is it possible to use the Mash function and also the external Tap Tempo, even with the new firmware update? 

Or is there only the option to choose just one at a time? 

Thanks, 

L. 

read more...
    0 156
    • Loic
      TC-Rasmus

Hi Loic

That's exactly the purpose of having an external tap, that you can have MASH and Tap at the same time! So yes, you can do exactly that

• March 8, 2020
Go to page