Products

294,133 members
177,203 posts
  • LDILL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Curious to know how close you might be able to get to a tremolo sound with a FlashbackX4? Suggestions?

Thanks!

0 73
    • LDILL
      TC-Mike

Not really. you can though  try to use the Through Zero Flanger of the Modulation block as it will cacnel the signal at zero-crossing(like a real Tape reel Flanger would) and though gives a tremolo kind of modulation that can be used on the delay repeats. Setting the delaytime and feedback to minimum values and can help you to get a modulation only effect without the audible repeats of the delay.  You can use eg the ChorusOnly template as a starting point and then change effect type to TZ flanger and experiment with the settings.

This  programming method is also used for the Hall of Fame 2 "TreMVerb" templates but works also better on a constant reverb tail that is modulated over time than on the wet delay repeats..

Cheers,

Mike

• May 24, 2020
  • danbot3
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21
    The new SynthTool 2.3.8 is not updating my MS-1. It reports that my firmware 1.1.6 (which has been around for a while now) is up to date. Users on other websites are reporting that even older firmwares are showing as "up to date" on the SynthTool. How can we actually update?

read more...
    1 76
  • callahanryan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-05-21

Hi! I am curious what the status is of a bus only mixing app for musicians to mix their in ear monitors on stage (such as the M32-Q or MX-Q app). I'm using this console at a church where all musicians have wireless packs and I have to manually control their bus mixes each week. I know Mixing Station is available and works fantastically for me as the engineer. Anyone have any insight on the timeline of an app for the WING?

read more...
    0 142
    • callahanryan
      Paul_Vannatto

@callahanryan wrote:

I know Mixing Station is available and works fantastically for me as the engineer. Anyone have any insight on the timeline of an app for the WING?

Mixing Station is available for the Wing and does have restrictive modes (select on first screen) that are designed specifically for mixing monitor mixes. 

• May 21, 2020
    • callahanryan
      callahanryan

But that would still require each musician to purchase to unlock the features for the WING right? It's just difficult to ask people to do that when there are different band members rotating every week. 

• May 21, 2020
    • callahanryan
      Paul_Vannatto

@callahanryan wrote:

But that would still require each musician to purchase to unlock the features for the WING right? It's just difficult to ask people to do that when there are different band members rotating every week. 

Last time I purchased a copy of Mixing Station Pro for my android tablet, the cost was something like $5.85 US. Are you saying that is too costly?

• May 21, 2020
    • callahanryan
      callahanryan

Asbolutely not. And I would personally pay for it 20 times if I could, but with all of our band members it's hard to ask people on a sunday morning when we're rehearsing to download this app, pay $6 through an in app purchase (and ensuring they know the right mixer to select), restrict access to their specific bus, and then mix their ears. 

I know with the X32/M32 there was a waiting period for a dedicated app for musicians to mix their ears, so I was simply asking what the timeline is for that app to release or if it's even being developed.

• May 21, 2020
  • Raato666
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Need Help

First, can't update  DN32-WSG firmware true Soungrid studio. In Multirack it finds soundgrid as a audio device and I can choose channels put audio does not go trough. In mixer routing is in Card, local and in input it is Card. Console have a latest firmaware. All the waves apps are updated.

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 14.13.48.png
    read more...
    0 513
    • Raato666
      Nigel67

Hi @Raato666 ,

Please could you advise how you are connecting to the DN32-WSG from your MAC?  What is the OS version.  Looking at your picture, it appears that you are using a USB device possibly.  Maybe a USB to LAN Port converter?  Did you run Waves Central and install and activate, and then Soundgrid Studio which installs the latest software.  Can you take a look at the excellent video below as see if you have missed a step.  It also shows how to patch the X32.  What are the LEDs doing around the RJ45 connector on the card.  They should be lit or flashing.  Do you have a Windows computer by any chance or an older MAC with a lan pot built in that you can test the set up?  In the top right hand corner of the X32, where it shows devices connected, are there two small green boxes one above the other.  The top box showing that the clock is good and the bottom showing the waves connection is good?  If neither of those are green then you have a connection issue. Unfortunately if it is a problem with computer / software set up, then you will need to contact Waves Support.  Did you also put in a support ticket to us as I answered a very similar question earlier this morning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXsU-4BRadU&t=245s

There are also a number of other videos by the same person regarding the waves card which may be worth taking a look at as they also include how to patch audio.

• May 21, 2020
    • Raato666
      Raato666

Hi Nigel67

I did everything what video say until updating that card

I use usb-lan adapter, it’s a brand new and support 1Gb speed. Cable is 3m cat6.

Heres ome images that I tookScreenshot 2020-05-18 at 14.11.52.pngScreenshot 2020-05-18 at 14.12.13.pngScreenshot 2020-05-18 at 14.13.31.pngScreenshot 2020-05-18 at 14.13.40.pngScreenshot 2020-05-18 at 14.13.48.pngScreenshot 2020-05-22 at 14.23.44.pngScreenshot 2020-05-29 at 16.01.59.pngScreenshot 2020-05-29 at 16.04.50.pngScreenshot 2020-06-04 at 14.22.09.pngScreenshot 2020-06-04 at 14.26.14.pngScreenshot 2020-06-04 at 14.48.08.png
      • June 3, 2020
    • Raato666
      Raato666

I activate card on web site but in Waves Central, my product it doesn’t show. I have installed it to my MacBook.

And in waves central I search the card it shows installed not activated. In first time that I installed the  DN32-WSG card in waves central it didn’t give me a option to activate also. 
      • June 3, 2020
  • slimex
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Just received the plethora yesterday and updated to firmware 1.1.43 first thing. Footswitch number 4 will not work. Any ideas?

0 75
    • slimex
      TC-Mike

Hi slimex,

very sorry to hear this.

if the foot switch was not working otu of the box, then please retun it to your dealer nd have it exchanged as this is likely a component malfunction or issue. 

You can also get in touch with our Care team regarding this and they will advize you and how to proceed best.

Clic on the support tab on at the top of the page and and then on "Create ticket" .. Please include your product serislnumber and info on where it was puchased. 

Best regards,
      Mike

• May 25, 2020
  • alexmv
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Registered UMC404HD filled in all fields and serial number, did not receive a ticket ???

0 122
    • alexmv
      RexBeckett

@alexmv 

Hello Alex, welcome to the community.

Is the Care ticket shown when you click on the Support menu? If not, there may have been an error in one of the fields in your profile or the Care form. 

• May 21, 2020
    • alexmv
      alexmv

Thank you!
      We have received your request and will be in touch with you shortly. Have a nice day!

Sorry. We didn’t find any search results. 

2020-05-21 21.17.14.png

• May 21, 2020
    • alexmv
      RexBeckett

@alexmv wrote:

Thank you!
      We have received your request and will be in touch with you shortly. Have a nice day!

Sorry. We didn’t find any search results. 

2020-05-21 21.17.14.png

@alexmv 

You should get an email confirming registration. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder as responses have been missed this way. If there is no response and no ticket shown on the list after two days, I would try again.

• May 21, 2020
    • alexmv
      alexmv

I tried in two days to register the product UMC 404HD, Studio monitor 50USB similarly no ticket is formed.

• May 30, 2020
  • loganvenderlic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-21

Hello! I have an X32 that I am about to start using with my band to run our monitors (whenever we can play live again!). 

I am researching options for splitting the analog audio so I can give that to the venue's stagebox, and then sending it digitally via AES50 to our X32. Or something like this setup...

All I've come up with so far is to buy an analog splitter and pair it with the Behringer S32 digital snake/stage box. Does anyone know of any other options? Particularly something more affordable (looks like this would cost at least $1,500)...

I know I could just keep it all analog until it gets to our board and use XLR snakes for much cheaper. But I do like the idea of using just one Cat5 cable to get all the audio to our X32. Seems like a lot less fuss than 32 XLR fantails.

It also seems like the S32 is geared more toward the venue vs. a touring band. It would be super cool if there was an analog splitter / AES50 digital snake combo option for bands so we could split the audio and optionally send the venue analog or digital audio.

Any thoughts or help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks guys!

(

read more...
    0 244
    • loganvenderlic
      Paul_Vannatto

@loganvenderlic wrote:

It also seems like the S32 is geared more toward the venue vs. a touring band. It would be super cool if there was an analog splitter / AES50 digital snake combo option for bands so we could split the audio and optionally send the venue analog or digital audio.

As far as I know, there hasn't been a combo device developed. What some have done is combine the stagebox (S32 or 2 S16) and splitters, such as the Behringer MS8000 or Art S8 into a rack or flightcase.

• May 21, 2020
  • 5dbride
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-21

Recall scope and global safe filters should be more granular to allow selectively filter single physical inputs. Currently only whole sections such as "Local", "AES50 1", etc. can be filtered.

1 56
  • ruezz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-20

Been playing with my new Plethora and I love it. Does anyone know if TC is planning on releasing a firmware update that will allow you to manually set the BPM per effect? I would love to be able to rotate a dial and have my delay set at exactly 110 BPM as opposed to having to try and tap it in and just hoping to get close.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 63
  • beefcake
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-20

Hi,

I used the Quintessence with a synthesizer (Behringer Model D) and noticed something like a clipping noise mostly every time I triggered a note (it's mostly noticeable with lower notes) but in bypass the sound comes through clear. No amp was used, the output went directly in a mixing console or Multitracker.

I ordered a second device because I thought it could propably be a defective device but on the new one the same occured.

I updated the firmware, tried it with lower volumes on the synth, used both outs (high / low) but nothing. I truly like the sound but that clipping noise makes it completely useless for me.

Can someone confirm the clipping noise? Is this a known issue or is it because of the way of functioning?

btw...I also have a Brainwaves and it works flawless without such an issue

thanks

read more...
    0 64
    • beefcake
      TC-Mike

The Toneprint pedals input stage are desigmed to work with instrument levels and not with hot line levels your synth outputs. Our converters are very robust, but of course you can clip them with a full blown line signal like a eg 3 osc Lead sound from the D with heavy modulation and twangy filter envelope modulation (which is roughly 20 dB higher than your averag guitar instrument level)

You have to either reduce the output of your Model D to avoid clipping or use a Re DI box to attenuate the  line output level of the Model D down to instrument level

best regards, 
      Mike

• May 25, 2020
Go to page