Products

285,165 members
167,088 posts
  • artemyradionovi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-28

The question is kinda simple, but weird. Can I record a 2-track "summ" to USB stick AND 32 channels of multitrack recording into my DAW simultaneously with Behringer X32?

Thanks everyone in advance!

0 144
  • GeorgeDougherty
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-28

Found the Automixer assignment and enable option on the channel post/fader insert.  Not sure if there's a handy master switch for the XY mixers like on the X32?  Doing a production where the Automixer is handy but it's nice not having to double channels on a vocal/speaking mic so the singing isn't automixed. 

read more...
    0 184
    • GeorgeDougherty
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GeorgeDougherty

Guess not. Will have to figure something else out. 

• February 28, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi George @GeorgeDougherty 

The video that Gary @GaryHiggins provided the link makes it clear that this automix feature is very much in its infancy (as compared to the equivalent in the X32 or X-Air). It may be some time before this will be developed to the point that is useful to your application. But there may be a workaround in the form of a pair of partial snapshots. 

Another feature that has not yet been developed is that of snippets (as in X32). But I have discovered that a partial snapshots, with limited/specific settings, can be loaded into the Wing and only those specific settings would change. Recently I released an app called XM32 To Wing Converter that converts X32/M32 scenes (OSC protocol) to Wing snapshots (JSON protocol). 

What I can do is create a similar app to create a partial snapshot that would control the automix ON/OFF. The problem with this workaround is that it will only work by loading these partial snapshots (one for ON, one for OFF) from a USB stick. Saving them internally will combine all current settings of the console. If this solution would work for you, I can make up an app to create these snapshots (or what I'd like to call snipshots).

• February 28, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      Paul_Vannatto

Hey George @GeorgeDougherty and Gary @GaryHiggins 

I went ahead and made the partial snapshots to turn on and off ch 1-16 post inserts (attached).

Automix On-Off.zip
      • February 28, 2020
    • GeorgeDougherty
      GeorgeDougherty

Thanks Paul!   For this particular production I was thinking to dedicate particular channels as dialog channels to simplify setup There's a new production every 3 weeks with different performers and setup but similar format. 

• March 3, 2020
  • striple66
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-27

Dear all,

I am now somewhat familar with my new X32 Rack but I am missing physical XLR inputs. That's why I am considering buying a SD8 and a SD16 Digital Snake. The X32 Rack has only 16 physical XLR inputs and we need 20 Is it possible to connect a SD8 Digital Snake to AES50 A and a SD16 Digital Snake to AES50 B and have all 24 physical Digital Snake XLR inputs + the local 16 XLR inputs controlled by the X32 Rack? What I mean by "controlled" - mapped to the logical 40 inputs of the X32 Rack using the faders and channel strips on X-Touch and X32-Edi? Or am I missing here something?

Thanks for you help

read more...
    0 330
    • striple66
      DaveMorrison

@striple66 

You can use any of the 32 XLR inputs for the mixer's 32 channels + 6 other XLRs mapped to the auxiliary channels for a total of 38 channels. Aux 7 & 8 are "hardwired" to the USB recorder. Since the AES50 bus has 48 inputs and outputs, you could alternatively daisy-chain the SD16 and SD8 together and accomplish the same thing from just one of the mixers AES50 ports. 

• February 27, 2020
    • striple66
      striple66

Hi Dave, thanks a lot for your answer. In other similar (but not identical) questions and answers from other guys here in this community, there were often the recommendation to daisy-chain the two SD8 / SD16 Digital Snake boxes instead of connecting one to AES50 A and the other stage box to AES50 B. What are the implications on connecting both stage boxes in a daisy-chain manner and separating them on the two different AES50 ports on my X32 R? Second question: on the routing page on my X32 R, channels 17-24 and 25-32 are in [square] brackets, meaning that they are not physically existent on the console. This - I do understand But in the manual they say this:

"Local inputs 17-24 and 25-32 are listed with brackets, indicating that these are not physically avaiable on this device. Assigning these will obviously carry no signal, but they still can be used when preparing shows for a full X32 console".

What does this mean?

Thanks and all the best

• February 27, 2020
    • striple66
      GaryHiggins

Hi @striple66 The implications are that ALL your aes50 inputs will be seen as Aes50 A, instead of 16 as A and 8 as B. (Or 8 as A and !6 as B). If your first connected stage box was the SD16, the first 16 ch's (sd16) would be aes50a 1-16 and the next 8 (sd8) would be aes50a 17-24. Using 2 different ports One would be aes50A 1-16 and the other aes50B 1-8. The outputs of either would be set by the switch at the end of each.

It means that you could setup a scene at home with routing to those ch's included and when you get to a mixer that can load them (and has those physical inputs) they will work as intended.

• February 27, 2020
    • striple66
      striple66

Hi Gary, thanks a lot. But does this have any technical reasons in terms of "if you do it this way, you won't hear a thing in your console", or "it is not possible to do the routing then" if I choose one these connections alternatives? @GaryHiggins @DaveMorrison 

• February 28, 2020
    • striple66
      DaveMorrison

@striple66 

I believe they put the brackets there to remind us we're using a full sized core which is missing half it's inputs and outputs. We could route signal there if we just had some way to add more inputs and outputs?. I used to think they were confusing, but now think they are totally unnecessary (and unnecessarily confusung).

• February 28, 2020
  • su1327
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

Hello,

I also got everything updated,and plug into Imac directly,Still can not connect to Hardware.

Please help!

Allewebwxgetmsgimg.jfifwebwxgetmsgimg (1).jfif

read more...
    0 139
    • su1327
      TC-Claus

Hi su1327,

We're working on a fix for this issue in Ableton Live. You can solve this by disabling System Integrity Protection ...

To disable SIP, restart macOS and hold down cmd+R to boot in recovery mode. Launch Terminal and enter: csrutil disable

Restart

To check SIP status - launch Terminal and type: csruticl status

All the best from

Claus

• March 1, 2020
    • su1327
      su1327

Thanks! I will try it.

Another question,I heard If I had the TC2290DT ,I can get a free Native version but need ilok registration.

How do I get the ilok redeem code?

I can not get any information from TC's Website.

Thanks again!

Allen

• March 4, 2020
    • su1327
      TC-Claus

Hi Allen,

It's a free upgrade and You don't need an iLok. It detects Your TC2290-DT and works for 60 days when You unplug the module Here's a link to download the new version: https://www.tcelectronic.com/p/P0D3X/Downloads

All the best from

Claus

• March 4, 2020
  • HeartLander
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

I really like the comprehensive metering available on the X32, but one thing puzzles me.  Why, when you're in the IN/OUT tab, are the meters in channel order?  I wish they were in jack order.  If I need channel order, I can always use the channel tab. Maybe I'm missing something.  Is there an option to change to jack order?

read more...
    0 121
    • HeartLander
      Paul_Vannatto

@HeartLander wrote:

Why, when you're in the IN/OUT tab, are the meters in channel order?  

There is no IN/OUT tab on the console, in X32-Edit or in Mixing Station. In the Meters screen, it lists them in channel order. That's the way it has always been. Even in the new Wing console, that is the order they are listed.

I wish they were in jack order.  If I need channel order, I can always use the channel tab. Maybe I'm missing something.  Is there an option to change to jack order?

No, in all the years since the initial release (2012) of the X32, no one has asked for this order - and to be honest, I don't see the point of it.

• February 27, 2020
    • HeartLander
      HeartLander

Thanks Paul, that explains it. 

My situation was needing to know which XLR input was connected to a particular source during installation of an X32.  It happened to be a keyboard, so I started a demo song, looked at the I/O metering, and could see a signal on 23.  I assumed that was XLR Input 23, but later found it was channel 23.  

Now that you've explained it, I'll know in a similar situation to then look at the strip and see how it's patched. 

My personal preference, and maybe I'm alone in this, is that the Channel view be in Channel order, and the I/O view be in I/O order.  Just my two bits. 
      • February 27, 2020
    • HeartLander
      HeartLander

I'm a newbie to musictribe, so I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.  Thought I had already sent it.  Maybe it went to Paul only (I used <at>Paul_Vannato).  

A clarification.  On the console (X32 running latest firmware), the meters section includes four tabs: channel, mix-bus, aux/fx, and in/out.  When I said "channel view", I meant what you see on the channel tab. When I said "in/out view", I meant what you see on the in/out tab. 

• February 28, 2020
  • Rory1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-27

I recently purchased a Hall of Fame V1 second I had recently purchased the HoF V1 second hand. I use a Rickenbscker 360 guitar. I attempted to utilize the tone print option on the pedal and "import" a reverb tone. It didn't work. I tried a number of times bridge pick up, neck pick up. At all times all volumes were up. The pedal was to the tone print option. 
    I went to a local guitar shop . The guy helped me out to see if there was something wrong with the tone print option of the pedal. He got a tone print sound... It worked fine. He didn't do anything differently than me. 

is it possible that the tone print doesn't work o with Rickenbacker guitars?

Thoughts?

read more...
    0 83
    • Rory1
      Rory1

I have the answer to my own question. I forgot to mention that I use Xvive wireless set up guitar to amp. I changed over to regular chords. Worked fine. Problem solved. 

cheers but I'm glad That I joined up. I want to keep an eye on the Plethora X5. Looks very interesting. 

• February 27, 2020
  • Coleye
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

Hi, I've been trying to get a couple of K212 bass cabs, but no-one seems to have stock in the UK just now. I have been talking to GAK by email about waiting times, and they've just told me that it appears as if these cabs have been discontinued and they can't get any more. Can anybody tell me if this is correct, and if it's just the 212 version that's unavailable,or the whole K-series?

Thanks for any info.

read more...
    0 183
  • AntiochCS
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

V1.05 Wing FEATURE REQUEST:

Allow keyboard to stay on numbers when saving a snapshot and typing in name.  Currently, when saving a snapshot and typing in a name that might include a date (like "2020-02-23") each time a number is typed the keyboard returns to lowercase alpha.  Would be nice to allow it to stay on numbers until the user selects lowercase alpha to continute typing.  Thank you.

read more...
    2 141
  • AntiochCS
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

Wing V1.05 BUG REPORT: Mute groups lose assignments when the mute group is renamed

0 115
    • AntiochCS
      AntiochCS

And the "tags" with the previous titled Mute Group are not updated.

• February 27, 2020
    • AntiochCS
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Jonathan @AntiochCS 

Welcome to the forum. Yes the developers are aware of this issue. In the meantime, it is best to name the mutegroup or DCA before tagging the channels. 

• February 27, 2020
  • phxaudiophile
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-27

First, I have to start off with how much I enjoy the flexibility of the Wing console.  It is really quite simple to use and enjoy mixing on this console.  However I'm finding a few limitations which could just be me or perhaps they are not implemented (yet).  Here is one of the limitations I'm trying to figure out.

When I use a mixing console in a worship service or in theatre, I set up a run a show with snapshots for recall.  I usually have the snapshots in order and can press a previous or next button to load a snapshot.  Additionally I set a crossfade value in each snapshot that helps make the transision between snapshots sound smooth.  I don't see the ability to order snapshots, set crossfade time or support for a previous / next button.

Would be awesome to have this functionality where you could manually order the snapshot list.  A workaround for now is to put the letter A, B, C, etc at the beginning of each snapshot name, however it is a klude and difficult to reorder.

Crossfade time really only applies to faders and smooths out fade transisions.  It does not apply to mutes or other changes that would be audible between snapshots.

Being able to assign (in custom controls) previous, next buttons and possibly a knob to control where you currently are in your run of show would be helpful.  Some times things can be unpredictable in a show.  Having a knob allowing you to change your current location in a show is really helpful.

read more...
    1 106
    • phxaudiophile
      Paul_Vannatto

Hi Kurtis @phxaudiophile 

As you are aware, the snapshot functionality is in its infancy, similar to what the scenes were on the X32 when it was first released in 2012. You basically have the ability of loading and saving, both internally and externally (to the USB port), the ability to add folders and the ability to limit the recall scope (when loading). There have been discussion regarding future enhancements. But there is no ETA at this point. 

Cross fading scenes have been requested in the past for the X32/M32 platform. Unfortunately nothing has been developed other than fades and cross-fades using Live Toolbox. Whether it will be implemented with the Wing will be determined at a later point. 

• February 27, 2020
Go to page