Products

285,165 members
167,088 posts
  • Magnussen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-27

Hi.

Is there any way that I can transfer my User Toneprints created on Mac to my Iphone ?

I dont want to have my Mac on stage, and with Iphone i can beam my User Toneprints to the pedal.

0 77
    • Magnussen
      TC-Mike

this is currently not possible.  In the future it is planned to  have a toneprint account feature , so accessing user toneprints cross-platform accross different devices wil be possible ...

Cheers,

Mike

• March 1, 2020
  • victoryoverall
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

I’ve had a Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 USB audio interface since early January 2020, bought through thomann.de. Since new I've had some severe noise interference which is making playing or recording effectively impossible. I’ll explain the problem and all the solutions I’ve tried, so brace yourselves, this will be long… (TL;DR at the bottom for those not ready for story time)

The noise is a high pitch whistle, at roughly 3.15kHz. I play metal guitar with high gain, so this whistling noise becomes unbearable once run through virtual tube screamer and high gain amp setups. This noise is present whether I have my guitar plugged into the interface, or no mic/instrument plugged in at all, so I know it's not my guitar or cable. The exact same noise at the exact same frequency is present when using the interface on both my MacBook Pro 2015 and an iMac 2017.

Here’s a link to a video showing the issue:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lhKzWY4QlUMc_eDWdr5OoncoNV94RbIC/view?usp=sharing

You can see the spike in the EQ analyser and hear it if you turn up your volume. This EQ analyser and sound is without any other plugins, just the raw input from the UMC22 with no mic/instrument plugged in. The shifts in the frequency are when I turn on/off the phantom power and adjust the Gain 1 knob.

To save a lot of back-and-forth questions and troubleshooting, here’s a list of various things I’ve tried:

• Using a different computer (iMac 2017)
    • Using different audio plugins (from Ignite Amps, LePou, built-in Garageband, etc.)
    • Using Line 1 and Inst 2 inputs (noise is present even with no instrument connected)
    • Running the sound output through the internal speakers/headphones so the interface is only dealing with input
    • Turning off all WiFi and Bluetooth sources in the house
    • Switching off WiFi and Bluetooth on the computers themselves
    • Unplugging all peripherals
    • Switching off all nearby electrical devices
    • Using the MacBook whilst charging and just on battery power
    • Connecting the UMC22 to each of the computer’s USB ports
    • Connecting the UMC22 through a high quality powered USB hub
    • Having phantom power turned on and off
    • Using my MacBook Pro and UMC22 outside of my house, and in my car (parked with ignition off of course) in an attempt to get away from any potential interference in my house

The sound was present in every situation above, so I can’t help but conclude it’s the UMC22 that’s at fault.

When the phantom power is switched on/off the frequency of the whistling interference “travels” up and down a bit, before settling back at 3.15kHz. Sounds like someone trying to tune an old radio.

This “radio tuning” can sometimes be heard when adjusting the Gain 1 knob. This is the Gain for the Midas preamp channel that has the phantom power.

I’ve tried various noise gate plugins to just deal with it, but the noise is so prevalent that the moment I start playing the guitar it’s instantly noticeable. I’ve also tried using EQ to make an extreme -30dB cut at 3.15kHz before any pedals/amps in my signal chain, but this badly affects the tone and the noise is still noticeable once I start playing.

This interface was bought solely to play and record guitar using virtual pedals/amps/cabs, but this noise is so intrusive it makes practise very unenjoyable and ruins any recording. I’m super disappointed as I had seen some great reviews for this interface.

Has anyone had this problem, and maybe know of a solution? Should I get a replacement? Or is this an inherent problem with the UMC22 and should I just get a different interface altogether?

TL;DR My Behringer UMC22 constantly makes a high pitch noise around 3.15kHz in all different situations/setups I’ve tried. Faulty unit, common fault, or inherent problem?

read more...
    2 818
    • victoryoverall
      bugatputhaw

I have exactly the same problem sir .. I purchased mine last january 29 2020 thru Lazada Philippines. Did you solved your problem ?

• February 27, 2020
    • victoryoverall
      RexBeckett

@victoryoverall @bugatputhaw 

Hello Jason and Francis, welcome to the community.

No this is not normal behavior for a UMC22. I would contact your supplier for a return. If they will not help, I suggest that you raise a Care ticket for Service Repair explaining your problem. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Also make sure that you fill-in every required field in the Care form.

I must compliment you, Jason, for your thorough investigation of the problem. You certainly do not give in easily!

• February 27, 2020
    • victoryoverall
      victoryoverall

@RexBeckett Thanks for your feedback and information on what steps to take next.

I certainly don't give in that easily I have a strong DIY ethic, and I prefer to get to the root of a problem myself before I bother others or point the blame at anything. I've been trying on-and-off over the past two months to figure this out so I'm past the thomann.de 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, but they do provide a 3-Year Warranty no matter if the manufacturer's warranty is less. Hopefully they'll agree that this is a faulty item and I'll get replacement or repair.

Thanks again for you help.

• February 27, 2020
  • Beefboy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-27

I'm looking at a tc 1280 digital delay that displays "error" across the screen when it's turned on. Does anyone know what would cause it to say this? The user manual has error codes and their description, but nothing for an "error" being displayed. Please help

read more...
    0 116
  • Arda
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

Hi. I've just bought UPhoria UMC22 interface. 
    Im using Cubase 5 now. I heard that if i buy behringer's product, i can reach 150 vst plugins. How can i reach that plugins?

0 128
  • callahanryan
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-27

Hey all! Still loving this console. I was a little disappointed to find it didn't come with a dust cover. I've been looking around, but has anyone had any luck finding a dust cover to fit the Wing? Does the X32 one fit it or anyone doing anything different? 

read more...
    0 575
  • antonmartin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-27

Hi from Germany,

I know that many of you miss the function to start or stop the VL3X by midi messages. Many of you use a drum machine like the Beatbuddy, which sends midi start and stop.

I found the voodoolab controlswitcher (http://www.voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm), which is ment to switch guitar amps without midi connections via midi control. Why shouldn't  it be possible to use this switcher for the VL3X (as the switch3)? 

Anyone out there who tried that? It should be possible to change the switch 3, changing one switch for a mono or stereo jack and connecting that to the voodoolab switcher. Did anybody try that? Do you think it would work with the VL3X connected to the Beatbuddy?

That would be great!

Toni

read more...
    0 185
    • antonmartin
      TCH-Rob

Hi @antonmartin ,

The switch-3 and switch-6 use somewhat different methods than other footswitches, so that Voodoo lab switcher wouldn't be able to send messages to the VL3x. That said, you could just just take midi from the Beat Buddy and send it to the VL3x, or vice versa. 

• February 28, 2020
    • antonmartin
      antonmartin

Hello Rob,

thanks for your reply. I've tried 2 Boss FS-5U Switches instead of Switch3 and they worked perfectly like switches 1 and 2 of TC Helicon Switch3. So they are normal switches. My idea is to run with a stereo patch cable from VL3X's  footswitch out directly to the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher, which is able to translate midi messages to normal switch messages. So the Beatbuddy can send start-/stop-commands to the Voodoo, which translates it to normal switch impulses. That way I should be able to e.g. start or stop the looper in VL3X as I would do it by pressing a switch on Switch3 which is mapped to e.g. loopA.

What do you think about that?

Regards

Toni

• February 28, 2020
    • antonmartin
      TCH-Rob

@antonmartin you can definitely try it; we don't have a ControlSwitcher in office to test, so I can't say whether it'll work or if there'll be any odd quirks, but by all means give it a go!  

• March 2, 2020
  • AVertommen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-27

I use Diezel amps with G-force.

Following the theory of the manual (mute modes) I can't switch the presets without volume change, lag or pops.

Anyone out there who has solved this problem??????

The midi floorbard and amp are new and work seamless without the G-force.....

read more...
    0 59
    • AVertommen
      TC-Mike

There will always be a little lag, as the different FX blocks and parameters need to be initialised on preset change. the changing times also slightly differ depending on the amount and type of Fx used .

Best regards,

Mike

• March 1, 2020
  • BobBirtley
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-26

I am purchasing an cabinet that is rated at 500 watts RMS at 8 ohms. The BQ500 amp is rated 500 watts at 4 ohms.

Is the 500 watt rating on the amp itself 500 watts peak or rms? I'm trying to find out for sure what the RMS rating is.

Of I'm understanding correctly, if I use the 4 ohm head with an 8 ohm cabinet it will work but only deliver half of the wattage of the amp's rating to the cabinet. I'm trying to determine if it is going to be loud enough before purchasing. Any help is appreciated.

read more...
    0 187
    • BobBirtley
      StinkRay5 You're correct. It will be half power with an 8 ohm cab. Some head amp will give you 60% power.
      • May 16, 2021
  • MarkSkipper
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-26

First of all and primariliy, this Wing console is wonderful. The stereo bussing with all the TC DSP and Plugins all over is noticable and pushes this console way up in league from the previous offerings. I am so glad!

I wanted to suggest a new set of sources for the USER SIGNAL menu. If we could add the Inputs (LOCAL, AES50s, etc) to the list of options for USER Signal, a pre-processed, but post gain path would be possible. 

My application is virtual sound check using USER SIGNAL tap points. Using the PRE option, I can getting all the DSP processing up to the fader point, which in most cases includes EQ, GATING, COMP before the fader. When doing the virtual sound check (from WLIVE) I am hoping to push a Pre-DSP path through my channel strips.

If there is a way to do that now that I am missing, please let me know.

Again, wonderful desk platform. Kudos,

Skip

read more...
    0 183
    • MarkSkipper
      GaryHiggins

@MarkSkipper Hi Mark (Skip) I think you found a problem that is the solution many users wish they could find  Usually the opposite is being asked about-How do I get full ch processing to my USB or W-Live recording. That answer would be-the User menu. The user menu is the only way to get post ch processing recorded to your W-Live card as far as I know. So the solution to your problem: Don't use the user menu for your W-Live card sources, use Local, or Aes50 (and others) directly. By default the tap from those sources is pre everything.

• February 26, 2020
    • MarkSkipper
      MarkSkipper

Thank you Gary! Just needed to dig a little deeper!

Skip

• February 26, 2020
  • Shredacuda
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-26

Can you choose if effects from the plethora go to the front of the amp or through the effects Loop? Can you do both? I prefer to have delay and Reverb in the loop wow all my modulation effects are in the front of the amp

0 485
    • Shredacuda
      macfilipe

Yup, you can achieve this by plugging it in with the 4 cable method:

Guitar -> Plethora in;

Plethora FX Loop send -> Amp;

Amp Fx Loop send -> Plethora Fx Loop return;

Plethora out -> Amp Fx Loop return.

Then on each Plethora board you can choose where in the internal FX chain you'd like your loop to be inserted, effectively keeping some effects before the amp's input, and the rest in the amp's loop.

• February 26, 2020
    • Shredacuda
      Fretsy

@macfilipe or @TouringBubble 

Hello, I'm interested in running an x5 using four cable method, but I'm wondering how this will work in stereo. I understand that the fx loop is mono, so can it still work with the device being used in stereo? It'd be really cool if I could apply a preamp to only one half of my tone for example. 

• May 21, 2020
    • Shredacuda
      macfilipe

Hi @Fretsy ,

The serial nature of the Plethora's loop means that every effect placed before it sums to mono, and every effect after it can be used in stereo - if you use both outputs. So the four cable method (more like five or six, in this situation) will still work, but all of your signal will be running through the Plethora's FX loop if you use a traditional four cable method type approach such as:

Guitar --> Plethora in ... Plethora Fx send --> Amp in ... Amp Fx send --> Plethora Fx return ... Plethora out L + out R

There isn't currently a way of splitting the signal inside the Plethora and running the Fx Loop only on one side, so to be able to apply the preamp only to half your signal, you'd have to split your signal before the Plethora, run one side through it with the above schematic, run the other side dry or with whatever other external processing you'd like, then join both back with another stereo pedal or mixer - but (and this is a strong one) you would most likely run into phasing issues due to the difference in processing times between the dry side and the Plethora side... 

• May 21, 2020
Go to page