Products

285,163 members
167,086 posts
  • HeartLander
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-24

I am setting up an X32 for the first time.
    The House of Worship I support acquired a used one recently.
    I'm trying to decide the best way to color the 'colorables'. 
    What works best in your application?  

Input channels include:
    Feeds from computer, CD playback, etc
    Spoken word mics (wireless headworn, wireless handheld, wired lectern)
    Typical praise band instruments (drums, bass, guitars, keys)
    Praise band vocals (worship leader, backing vocalists)

For traditional worship we also have:
    Grand piano
    Choir mics

I also need to color these 'aux send' mixes:
    Floor monitors

I also need to cover these 'group' mixes:
    Playback devices
    Spoken word
    Drums
    Keys
    Band Vocals
    Choir mics

I also need to cover these DCA groups (used by our greenest operators):
    Talkers
    Playback devices
    Band instruments
    Band vocals
    Choir

And finally, I will also need to cover these matrices:
    Main front (L&R)
    Main rear (L&R)
    Cry room
    Hearing assist transmitter

Thanks in advance

read more...
    0 65
  • ALBERMUDEZ
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-24

When can I give you my money? I want one

0 270
    • ALBERMUDEZ
      TC-Mike

Glad you like it. 

Plethora will be available around april and should be able to be pre-ordered any day now. 

Let us know if you have any questions..

best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

• February 24, 2020
    • ALBERMUDEZ
      TouringBubble

@TC-Mike , I heard from my distributor that they are currently expecting the Plethora later than April due to production delays resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Can you comment on this at all?

• March 24, 2020
    • ALBERMUDEZ
      TC-Mike

First Units are delivered in the UK yesterday...and Thomann will also get them very soon...

Saint Plethora's delivery.png

• March 26, 2020
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-02-24

1) I would love to see the user group expanded to at least 32 or better yet, 48 ch from the current 24 ch options. It is a great feature that allows full ch processing tap points, like to USB audio and W-Live recordings. Since the USB audio is 48 ch's wide (and the W-Live 64!) if one wants 48 ch post fader ch sends to the USB audio DAW...well you get only 24 by using the present user group, the rest go pre filter (local) as it's the only other game in town. With point to point routing, I'm sure we will come up with a bunch of other uses too!

2) A generic routing library included. Like a aes50a 1-32 to ch 1-32 type thing. Some output routing setups too. I mean with only 8 mic pre's its more likely aes50 and stage connect boxes will be used than local ch's. It would certainly help when first getting started with the mixer. Maybe an FX to bus 13-16 or similar deal as well. A few basic things included would be nice, and a way to learn.

3) A user snap, preset, fx and routing area HERE in the forum that we can share our own and try out other members setups-again a great way to learn and teach.

read more...
    1 110
    • GaryHiggins
      WillemKrabbe

Agree, specially the user groups.

Also I'd like:

- preset for RTA with the oscilator, measure mic on one of the local channels and adjusting the EQ for main1 with multiband EQ.

• February 23, 2020
  • Uglebobruker
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-24

Hi, 

Our café has a xo24, which I've got working again. Only thing is I don't understand why I only get signal out on channel 3, although channel 1 and 2 also are connected to an amplifier. I also need to turn the crossover for channel 3 on, although the HP and LP are completely off. I've checked channel trim on all channels, and don't quite understand how channel 3 routes to channel 1 and 2.

Thanks in advance.

This is the route

Input channel a on, routing channel 3 on, crossover channel 3 on, output channel 3 on. 

read more...
    0 60
  • Paulin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-24
    Hi everyone,

I'm working on my new wing and I find something "strange" in workflow.

Today I started  assigning channels to DCAs and MUTE GROUPs to complete my new scene.

Every time I assign a channel to DCA and MG, automaticly a tag was create to indicate that ch. n. is now assigned to those DCA or MG, and that's ok!

After that I have to change the name of both DCA and MG and ....all the channels I previously assigned to them losed their assignment  instead of changing automatically tags name. So I have to recall all my channels individually, delete the previous tag (with the old name of DCA or MG) and reassign them to the "new" DCA and MG.

Now, I think that this may be a sort of bug, because it is absolutely not good during a performance.

I hope this communication can help to improve the performance of this splendid console

read more...
    0 289
    • Paulin
      RexBeckett

@Paulin 

Gary has answered one of your previous posts here. There is no need to keep posting the same question.

• February 23, 2020
    • Paulin
      Paulin

Hi Rex,

I'm Sorry, I'm new here and don't really know how the community and related post works.

• February 23, 2020
  • mollywalburn
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-23

Hello all, my UMC204HD has a white noisey static hum when I am:
    1) Connected to a new Macbook Pro using stock Behringer USB via a Thunderbolt 3 Adapter hub
    2) Have either Input 1 or 2 (doesn't matter) with "Instrument" selected using either an acoustic guitar and an electric bass guitar with a 1/4" jack.

Noise comes through in the headphones as I'm recording, and also on the recording, making the recording garbage. It goes away if I touch the casing of the interface or the 1/4". This does not happen when using a condenser mic through XLR in either of the same inputs with 48V phantom power on and "Line" selected. Help! (And thank you!)

read more...
    0 260
    • mollywalburn
      RexBeckett

@mollywalburn 

Hello Molly, welcome to the community.

Guitar pickups and cables connected to high-impedance (Inst) inputs are prone to picking up noise and hum. This is particularly so when the sound system is not properly grounded. Laptop chargers often do not provide a good ground connection whereas desktop PCs usually do.

This problem can often be solved by connecting powered monitor speakers to the interface outputs. The monitors provide a ground connection for the whole system. The monitors need to have a ground connection through their power cable - so it must be a three-core cable and plug. Ideally the monitor inputs and cables from the interface should be balanced. 

Sometimes the laptop charger can be the source of the noise. Try with and without the charger connected to see whether it makes any difference.

• February 23, 2020
    • mollywalburn
      mollywalburn

Hi Rex, thanks for the quick reply!

I tried using the 3-prong power extension for my macbook pro, and had the same issue. I also tried completely unplugging it from the charger, same issue. I've also tried on my friend's macbook pro (and older model) and again, same issue.

I don't have a set of powered monitors - all of my speakers have amps.

The only additional note is that I have an Ibanez thinline classical, and it doesn't create this sound. Every other instrument I've tried (higher quality, budget quality, etc.) creates the noise.

Would hearing the sound help pinpoint the issue?

• February 24, 2020
    • mollywalburn
      RexBeckett

@mollywalburn wrote:

Hi @OPREX - thanks for the quick reply!

I tried using the 3-prong power extension for my macbook pro, and had the same issue. I also tried completely unplugging it from the charger, same issue. I've also tried on my friend's macbook pro (and older model) and again, same issue.

I don't have a set of powered monitors - all of my speakers have amps.

The only additional note is that I have an Ibanez thinline classical, and it doesn't create this sound. Every other instrument I've tried (higher quality, budget quality, etc.) creates the noise.

Would hearing the sound help pinpoint the issue?

@mollywalburn 

What happens if you connect one of your amps to the UMC204HD outputs?

BTW: I don't know who OPREX is but he may be surprised to be notified that you replied. 

• February 24, 2020
    • mollywalburn
      mollywalburn

Still buzzing @RexBeckett.

• February 24, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-23

In System->Footswitch, I set my Swtich 6's button 1 for loop start/record, but it does it for loop A. How can assign a different button to loop start/record for loop B? Another button for loop C? Or maybe just re-assign button 1 for start/record for loop B? Then again re-assign for stop/record for loop C?

read more...
    0 135
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

Hi @ChrisF , 

Which product are you doing this on? Voicelive 3?

• February 24, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@TCH-Rob I guess it would've helped if I mentioned that huh? LOL. It's the VL3X.

• February 24, 2020
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

@ChrisF it appears that you can only control loop a from the switch 6, which is admittably an odd design decision. Apparently it's related to how the looper's code was done. Fortunately, all the independent loop controls are available from the 6 switches on the front of VL3, so you could still have simultaneous control over at least two of the loops between the switch-6 and VL3x.

• February 24, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

Ok then I'm NOT missing something. I like having the VL3X on the table right in front of me to ease tweaking parameters with switches/knobs while trying out different features, and have the Switch 6 do things like loop start/record/stop. 

• February 24, 2020
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

Have you tried the voicelive editor software ? Easy editing from your computer. It's a boon for tired,old eyes like mine... and free.

https://www.voiceliveeditor.com/

• February 27, 2020
  • bonstonmusic
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-23

I've tried to create a ticket but it only comes back with an error.

The BB560M wireless Bluetooth headset works great as a headphone, but the microphone fails to connect to the PC Bluetooth system. As it was advertised ‘perfect for gamers’ it doesn’t seem to work.

The audio connects with both the cable and the Bluetooth. Just no microphone function

The Bluetooth we are using at home is a dongle we purchased from JB’s https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/creative-bt-w2-bluetooth-usb-transceiver

Which connects to headsets with microphones and we can’t get it to pair to anything.

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks for any help

read more...
    0 1,082
    • bonstonmusic
      RexBeckett

@bonstonmusic 

Hello Boni, welcome to the community.

First make sure that every required field in your profile is correct. Missing information can apparently
      cause the Care ticket system to fail. It is also important to fill-in every required field in the Care
      ticket form (marked *). Make screenshots of the completed Care form before you submit it. If it fails
      again, let us know and we can tell you how to send the screenshots to get some help.

• February 25, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      bonstonmusic

Thanks for the reply, i have tried again to lodge a ticket after editing my profile and it did worked but only on the "pre - sales" section but when i try the "Technical Support" part it just gives me an error and i didn't filled up the form as much as i could and didn't left anything with * blank.

Thanks for any assistance.

• February 26, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      RexBeckett

@bonstonmusic wrote:

Thanks for the reply, i have tried again to lodge a ticket after editing my profile and it did worked but only on the "pre - sales" section but when i try the "Technical Support" part it just gives me an error and i didn't filled up the form as much as i could and didn't left anything with * blank.

Thanks for any assistance.

@bonstonmusic 

I have sent you a PM.

• February 26, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      joserabeg

Can I get some help too, I am having an issue with the USB device not recognized on windows 10, all drivers an power settings have been updated. but still not working.

• March 29, 2020
    • bonstonmusic
      PeiMing

Hi RexBeckett,

Can I get some assistance too? I have same issue whereby my microphone is not working with a newly purchased Behringer HLC 660M. And I can't seem to submit a ticket even with all the compulsory fields filled in.

Thanks.

• June 2, 2020
  • JohnShepherd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-23

I'm adding lighting to my PA. Icurrently have a 5G router working great with my tablt running Mixing Station. I bought a 2nd tablet that I'm loading a lighting control app (My dmx Go) onto.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure these 2 apps don't cross each other and freak 2 systems out?!? lol

read more...
    0 84
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-23

I've read the looper section in the manual, and didn't find the answer.

How can I trigger start of loop recording when I hit my first chord on my guitar for example? Is it possible?

P.S. You can tell I just got the VL3X this w/e, and am learning the basics.

read more...
    0 140
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

Me again

Press the "Looper" Button, In the "Loop Slot" tab,scroll to the bottom. There's an "Audio Cue" setting.That should do it. Also to the right is a "sensitivity" setting,which sets.....errrrr...how sensitive it is.

It was added with a firmware update, so it's not in the Manual.

• February 23, 2020
Go to page