• 2007-11-13
    The new version 2.00 version of the Konnekt Software includes a new version of the driver, version 80, that handles lots of the drop out issues that users have been having up until now.

Beside that, the Control Panel has been updated for all Konnekt Interfaces, introducing a new communication layer between the control panel and the driver.

The Fabrik plug-ins and the Integrator plug-in have been updated for all Konnekt Interfaces, dealing with a number streaming issues, loading of projects and more.

Integrator is now part of all products, so no matter what Konnekt interface you have, you also have the Integrator plug-in, allowing you to integrate external hardware.

New features have been added for Studio Konnekt users, giving a more transparent UI on the SETUP page, adding a MASTER output section to the MIXER and adding a new REMOTE page, from where you can enable MIDI control from the remote and choose what to control from the EFFECT button.

DOWNLOAD TC NEAR SOFTWARE VERSION 2.00 RELEASE CANDIDATE - 710
    read more...
    0 127,466
    • thomas
      jpleong Great! I've been very excited since the 74 build...! I can't wait to try this out.

JP
      • November 12, 2007
    • thomas
      bdguitars Just installed V2 for K48 PC ..found an issue ..there's a new fader for master but it works only one way ..from interface or remote ..if I move the fader with the mouse it does nothing ..the DIM button works though

same thing if controled from the set up page on top right

thx

BRUNO
      • November 13, 2007
    • thomas
      Dude Thanks for setting up the forum. I think it's a great way for TC to enable communication with the users. I'm downloading the release candidate as I type, and will try it out. My 24D been working fine on my PC but have not been reliable on my laptop (ThinkPad).

Cheers!

Dude
      • November 13, 2007
    • thomas
      KingWindom Looking forward to trying the new drivers. I have had a Love-Hate relationship with the 24D (Love the hardware, Hate the drivers) hope this version is the key.

Good to see TC has a forum now!

Dan
      • November 13, 2007
    • thomas
      nls And what about mac the drivers?
      • November 13, 2007
  • 2007-11-13
    This DPC Spike Checker Tool addresses one of the most common issues that PC users have with their audio workstations.

The so called DPC (Deferred Procedure Calls) spikes are generated by low level system drivers that for one or the other reason makes the system wait. These spikes typically result in audio drop outs, and users experience that raising the buffer size in the TC Near Control Panel does not solve the drop out issues.

In the TC Near control panel, the buffer size setting addresses the so called user mode drop outs. These are the drop outs that are generated because the CPU load is too big, for example if you have too many plug-ins running at the same time, or if background Windows tasks drain the CPU power.

In the new version 2.00 of the TC Near software, the driver (version 3.0.0.80) introduces a method to handle DPC spikes.
    It does it in two ways:
    1) When DPC spikes occur, they are handled very efficiently. With previous versions of the driver, users could experience that the Audio player, iTunes for instance, would stop playback completely when a spike occured. With this version spikes will still create a drop out, but chances that audio will continue to play is much better.

2) We are introducing a new setting in the control panel, that is called "DPC safety buffers". The DPC safety buffers prevent spikes from happening.
    The feature has four options:
    Normal, which is the one you should choose if you don't experience drop outs.
    Level 1, which is the softest level adds a small amount of buffers to prevent small DPC spikes
    Level 2 is more agressive, adding more buffers
    Level 3 is the most agressive, adding big buffers to the system

The DPC spike checker tool is able to measure the DPC spikes, and gives you a recomandation of what option to choose.

The downside of this is that larger buffers also adds to the system latency. Fortunately, all TC konnekt interfaces have advanced direct monitoring, which means that you can monitor through the Konnekt without thinking of system latency.

Nevertheless it is always good to find out which driver that is causing the DPC spikes. We have found, that typically drivers that cause DPC spikes are related to networking, especially weireless network cards seem to create problems. But it could be any driver.

The DPC spike checker tool is not able to show you exactly which driver that causes the DPC spikes, so the procedure is to try to disable the drivers one by one and use the tool to see if the spikes are gone.

===

Installation.

The DPC Spike Checker Tool comes in a zip file as a simple exe file. Unpack the file and place it where you want.

You don't have to install the Konnekt software package to use this tool, it runs fine without. It is part of the version 2.00 software, so if you have already installed this, you can find the tool in your Windows START menu, in the All Programs/TC Electronic/TC Near - Konnekt folder.

This means that even if you are not Konnekt user, you can use this tool to check your system.

The DPC spike checker tool does not install any additional files on your computer, so if you want to get rid of it, simply delete it.

DOWNLOAD DPC SPIKE CHECKER TOOL
    read more...
    0 137,310
    • thomas
      lukeeyeball under vista when I start the program it states I need to logged in with administrative privileges even though I am?

Am I correct in understanding the new version 2.00 of the TC Near software is not out yet?

SOFTWARE VERSION 1.3.0: seems to be the latest on the download page.
      • November 15, 2007
    • thomas
      lukeeyeball figured it out you need to right click dpc and hit run as admin

still getting to grips with vista...
      • November 15, 2007
    • thomas
      jpleong The 2.0 Release Candidate runs well on my XP system.

JP

edited to reflect the newer release
      • November 15, 2007
    • thomas
      lukeeyeball thanks jpleong downloading now...
      • November 16, 2007
    • thomas
      lukeeyeball one thing im a bit confused about is when you set safety buffers to level 1 does that add latency to what ever you then select in the buffer size drop down?

so if I select level one with 128 samples that would add buffers to that setting? (how much)

also why is it that other audio interfaces/drivers don't suffer from DPCs the same way? or do they?

I'm using time code vinyl with this interface so low latency is critical to me.
      • November 17, 2007
  • 2007-10-26
  • 2007-10-26
  • 2007-10-26
  • 2007-10-26
    0 12,323
  • 2007-10-26
  • 2007-10-26
  • 2007-10-26
    Latest Konnekt software, AKA TC Near is found here:
    Latest software for Konnekt 8, Konnekt 24D, Konnekt Live and Digital Konnekt x32

You'll find manuals here:
    TC Electronic manuals page

The TC Support site is found here:
    Computer Recording FAQs.
    read more...
    1 18,529
Go to page