Solutions

269,952 members
149,724 posts
  • kevin2106
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-14
    I have always run the G system through my GCX switcher so that I could bypass the first DSP section since I was having tone issues. Recently I decided to start all over and take the GCX out of the equation. I am now running the one EB hum in the amp loop, a short quality ts cable from insert send to amp input and a buffer in between guitar and G system input. Also I put a fresh set of preamp tubes in that helped some of the tone issue as well. I run the input gain at 10db and the output down to -2. This gives me back the complete natural feel of the amp! So in this whole process I have come to realize trail and error is a huge factor in creating your sound I tried so many combinations and this seems to work the best! I have read a lot of posts on people with Bogners not being able to get that full true tone of the amp. I was one of them as well but through trial and error it has been made possible!
    read more...
    0 1,478
    • kevin2106
      leplaidn +1

I did the same with my dual rectifier, and it works great.

Input : +11 (to have the same feeling)

OutPut : 0dB but i use the Boost feature, with Boost max = 6dB.

With those values, i can't hear nor feel any difference (i've made recordings to compare !).

Last point with the loop :

Loop level : 0 dB

Loop HeadRoom : +6dB

But it 's a bit special on my settings : i put the all Dual rectifier + Torpedo VB101

inside the loop of the gsystem, and the GS outputs go thru my sound card (so that i can do stereo !)

Voila.

(sorry for my poor english)
      • November 14, 2011
  • Mjac28
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-11-13
    I have a new BH500 which I love the only issue I have is a sensitive volume control I only play at bedroom levels so I would like to be able to control the spikes in volume past 3 or 4 on the knob most of the devices I see use the FX loop which the amp doesn't have I would appreciate any help in finding a way to better control the volume thanks
    read more...
    0 1,585
  • Monsta-Tone
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-13
    I just bought a Flashback delay pedal. I used it last night at practice and it sounded amazing!

The website says that this pedal has "Spill-Over", but the repeats stop immediately after I turn the pedal off!
    Am I missing something????

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!
    read more...
    0 4,078
    • Monsta-Tone
      TC-Mike Hi Monsta-Tone,

you need to to put your flashback in buffered bypass more before spill-over can work.

There's dip switch on the back of the pedal.... ( see manual for more infos)
      • November 13, 2011
    • Monsta-Tone
      Tom4349 I tried changing my unit to a buffered bypass, but it caused a problem - when the pedal is not activated, I hear nothing. When I use the pedal with buffered bypass on, it works as usual, and when I switch the preset off, the delay trails as it should in buffered bypass mode... But I can't hear anything else I play!

I figured kill-dry might be on so I flipped the second switch. With a preset activated, I then get a half second lag between playing a note and hearing it, and still nothing with the preset switched off.

I have tried the pedal in the series effects loop as it was originally, and connected directly between the guitar and the amp input. Same result.

Is my pedal defective??
      • March 2, 2016
  • tpellerin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-13
    I have Line6 DT50 head with MIDI control that only accept CC command as far as know.

Can the G-System send a serie of CC commands when selecting a patch? At least one CC command?

Thanks for your inputs.
    0 6,326
    • tpellerin
      bucketbot Study this thread.

If you just want to use this facilty for changing channels it should help you.

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/10451/switching-mesa-mark-v-channels-by-g-system-cc-message-using-amp-gizmo/
      • November 12, 2011
    • tpellerin
      tpellerin Thanks

I already knew that but It would be much better if the G-System would allow to send a CC command when selecting a patch without having to dedicate a switch on the G-system to do that. Even better would be a serie of CC commands.

Anybody at TC is looking into adding this option in future firmware?
      • November 12, 2011
    • tpellerin
      bucketbot

tpellerin wrote:

Thanks

I already knew that but It would be much better if the G-System would allow to send a CC command when selecting a patch without having to dedicate a switch on the G-system to do that. Even better would be a serie of CC commands.

Indeed it would be good. But unfortunately it doesn't! :/
      • November 13, 2011
    • tpellerin
      tpellerin Is there a way to make this a recommendation to TC for future firmware release?
      • November 14, 2011
    • tpellerin
      Laird_Williams

tpellerin wrote:

Thanks

actually - If the DT50's MIDI implementation is truly that limited, then it would be nice if Line6, who knows a LOT about MIDI and therefore should know better, would fix their amp's MIDI implementation accept the standard and accepted method of selecting programs/presets by properly implementing a MIDI PC message handler. TC is doing EXACTLY the right thing by sending PC messages on Program changes. It is the failure of the DT to properly support PC messages that is getting in your way. (or have you tried sending the DT a PC message to see what happens?)
      • November 14, 2011
  • royd
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-11-12
    Hey everyone,

I just picked up a G Natural and the manual leaves more than a little to be desired... and as an acoustic player, the digital stuff is outside of my normal comfort zone.

Here's my question. My primary guitar - a Lowden O25C - has two sources, a Sunrise magnetic pickup and a McIntyre soundboard transducer. I was expecting that I would need to use a Y cable with one source going into the instrument input and the other going into a DI into the mic input. After reading the manual, it seems to me that the mic and line inputs are tied together rather than the instrument and line inputs... so, can I plug one of my sources into the instrument and the second into the line input and have my two separate channels?

thanks for any help.
    roy
    read more...
    0 4,100
    • royd
      Laird_Williams

royd wrote:

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a G Natural and the manual leaves more than a little to be desired... and as an acoustic player, the digital stuff is outside of my normal comfort zone.

Here's my question. My primary guitar - a Lowden O25C - has two sources, a Sunrise magnetic pickup and a McIntyre soundboard transducer. I was expecting that I would need to use a Y cable with one source going into the instrument input and the other going into a DI into the mic input. After reading the manual, it seems to me that the mic and line inputs are tied together rather than the instrument and line inputs... so, can I plug one of my sources into the instrument and the second into the line input and have my two separate channels?

thanks for any help.

roy

Yes, this will work. Read carefully, however, the section of the manual on routing. What will really be happening is that inside the G-Nat is that the two signals will be merged. this is NOT a "2 channel" unit all-the-way-through. You can use two inputs simultaneously, and you can balance the levels between the two and apply different compression to each input - but you will not get, say, the soundboard transducer out of the left side of the stereo signal and the pickup out of the right. The "stereo" here applies to FX only.
      • January 30, 2012
  • pfrischmann
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-11-12
    Hi Guys,
    I've been having trouble dialing in the front end of the G-system (Pre insert) Whether I use a buff puff or not, plugging into the input of the G-system lacks the punch and fullness of plugging directly into the preamp (CAE 3+SE). The buffer helped a little, messing with the gains didn't help much....

Any suggestions???
    I anm stuck.
    read more...
    0 2,253
    • pfrischmann
      mrr3000gt I have been fiddling with my G system for about 6 months now, and have not found a loss of tone the 4 cable method does I can live with. Somehow, I dont think an armada of buffers and devices between me and the G system with my amp being routed thru the G system will add up to tone. Simpler is better.

So I contacted the TC Tech support and asked some 3-cable advice. I used the Laird paper as a guide also and figured I would go entirely in thru my FX loop on the amp, with Amp Send going to INSERT IN and G SYSTEM OUTPUT going to Amp Return (bypassing the additional signal processing for the G system input AD conversion).

This definitly sounds 100% better than the 4CM. Its not as slick in the way it works, and you loose the loops controlling drive pedals, the compressor/Wah/Fmat FX. Its not as versitile, but for the type of playing I do works fine. I just got a TRS balanced snake and it DOES make a difference - I was amazed this actually matters.

At some point if I need the versitility, then I can go back to 4CM - but the slight tone loss does distract me. I am sure - as suggested in Lairds paper - that its the impedance mismatch in my amps FX loop and the G system.
      • November 12, 2011
    • pfrischmann
      bucketbot

pfrischmann wrote:

Hi Guys,

I've been having trouble dialing in the front end of the G-system (Pre insert) Whether I use a buff puff or not, plugging into the input of the G-system lacks the punch and fullness of plugging directly into the preamp (CAE 3+SE). The buffer helped a little, messing with the gains didn't help much....

Any suggestions???

I anm stuck.

Have you followed all of the guidelines in the white paper?

Which buffer are you using?

Take a good look at this thread, may give you a few pointers.

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/topic/9157/lehle-sunday-driver-as-preinput-buffer/
      • November 12, 2011
    • pfrischmann
      kevin2106 For me I use a quality ts cable from insert send to amp input. Guitar to boost and buff to g system input. This works for me.
      • November 14, 2011
  • mattsmusic
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-12
    I just bought a G System and am having trouble right out of the gate. I'm running an Engl Savage 120 with the G System hooked up through both the front end and loop of the amp. The tuner won't mute, even though it's set to MUTE.

Any help is appreciated!
    read more...
    0 4,027
    • mattsmusic
      neilbunker The first thing I would check is if the effects loop on you amp is on. Lots of amps have footswitchable effects loops. Try turning on effects in the second DSP block, like Mod or Delay. If you can't hear them, you've found your problem.
      • November 12, 2011
    • mattsmusic
      mattsmusic Checked that but those effects are working fine. In fact, I can mute the effects without any problem but continue to get a dry signal going through the front input of my amp. It seems the insert send on the G System isn't able to be muted.

neilbunker wrote:

The first thing I would check is if the effects loop on you amp is on. Lots of amps have footswitchable effects loops. Try turning on effects in the second DSP block, like Mod or Delay. If you can't hear them, you've found your problem.
      • November 12, 2011
    • mattsmusic
      Laird_Williams

mattsmusic wrote:

Checked that but those effects are working fine. In fact, I can mute the effects without any problem but continue to get a dry signal going through the front input of my amp. It seems the insert send on the G System isn't able to be muted.

neilbunker wrote:

The first thing I would check is if the effects loop on you amp is on. Lots of amps have footswitchable effects loops. Try turning on effects in the second DSP block, like Mod or Delay. If you can't hear them, you've found your problem.

What this means is that there is dry signal blead around the fx loop in your amp.

The G-System tuner/mute is in the second DSP, so it is in the loop.

If any signal is bypassing the loop inside your amp, then the mute on the G won't touch it.

This is certainly true with parallel loops - but even some serial loops have some signal bleed.
      • November 12, 2011
    • mattsmusic
      mattsmusic So, this means what... I need to use a different amp? Or hook the G System up differently?
      • November 12, 2011
    • mattsmusic
      neilbunker If the amp has an option of serial or parallel effects loops, you want a serial. Just from the brief look at Engls site, it seems you can select either serial or parallel. Check out Laird's White Paper for an explanation of serial and parallel loops and why they do what they do.

Many serial effects loops have a small amount of bleed though, so if you still hear signal with the loop set to serial, it is sometimes worth considering having an amp tech mod the effects loop to reduce bleed. This can get pricey in some cases though.
      • November 12, 2011
  • sgh
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-12
    Hi,
    I have an RH750 & would like to connect both my bass & my electronic drum kit via 1/4
    0 2,420
    • sgh
      sgh Anyone ? Would like to know if I can put 2 input into the RH 750 & RS210
      • November 26, 2011
    • sgh
      slawie You could try patching in the drum via the "effects in" 1/4" socket on the back.

slawie
      • January 12, 2012
  • Crispy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-12
    As the festive season approaches the band was discussing which xmas songs to include in our set for the Christmas shows.

As well as the usual Slade and Wizzard numbers our new vocalist has suggested the Darkness song Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End).

Does anyone have any settings for the harmonised guitar effects on the lead line?

I've never used the effect before so it's all a bit daunting.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
    read more...
    0 1,606
    • Crispy
      utterlyguitarde Ooh, sounds like a fun challenge...I'll give it a shot!
      • November 12, 2011
    • Crispy
      bucketbot

utterlyguitarded wrote:

Ooh, sounds like a fun challenge...I'll give it a shot!

I though you might!!
      • November 12, 2011
    • Crispy
      Crispy I think the main riff is in A major but then as the guitar solo kicks in it moves up to B Major.

That means I will need two seperate patches.
      • November 13, 2011
  • AdamRoberts
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-11-11
    Hi,

Can someone tell me, how to assign a specific parameter to an expression pedal?
    Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
    0 917
    • AdamRoberts
      bucketbot In Edit mode select the effect block you want to assign the pedal parameters to.

Then press the Enter/Bank down button again.

This should bring up the pedal parameter page where you can then select which pedal to assign to the available parameters & change the parameter settings. (Max Min Middle)

Bear in mind you can assign more than one parameter to a pedal.

Don't forget to perform a patch save operation when done.
      • November 11, 2011
Go to page