Solutions

234,336 members
110,001 posts
  • skyaflya
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-14
    can the konnekts mic pres and dsp be used without the computer? i heard this is so but don't see it posted
    1 8,579
    • skyaflya
      jpleong Yes.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=11057

Read "Intelligent Stand Alone Mode"

JP
      • November 14, 2007
    • skyaflya
      jpleong I use the Konnekt in stand alone mode as either a 1) live mixer for my singer-songwriter act, 2) D/A converter for my CD player in the studio (computer off), or 3) as a standalone mic preamp and A/D converter for recording classical music on location with an M-Audio Microtrack recording via s/pdif.

JP
      • November 15, 2007
    • skyaflya
      skyaflya JP,

Thanks for the info. Looks like stand-alone is unique to the 24D. I can't find any mention of it in the Studio 48 or K Live pages.

Rob
      • November 17, 2007
    • skyaflya
      jpleong It takes some careful reading, but it's there (at least for the Studio Konnekt 48)...

http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=12372

Two paragraphs down, under 24/8 channel digital mixer with 48-bit double precision summing it says, "The mixer runs on the DSPs of Studio Konnekt, and can therefore be used at all times; if your host application is not running or even if the computer is shut down."

Since the Konnekt Live is, basically, a souped-up 24D, it should have the same functionality.

You setup beforehand and save to one of three DSP preset states (common to the Konnekt 24D, Live, and Studio -the Digital x32 allows four).

Hope that helps,

JP
      • November 17, 2007
    • skyaflya
      jbible I have the Konnekt Live and it works as standalone.
      • November 18, 2007
  • HueJahFink
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-14
    Having just jumped ship from the no-heaven forum (the captain went overboard and we got taken over by rats + pirates),
    may I extend a warm greeting to the forum moderators here & a little wave to all my fellow (ex) no-heaven-ites.

I sure am glad that I can relax and enjoy the forum now, without having to delete page after page of absolute drivel every-time I login.

So thank you TC for building an official forum. Let's hope that this will prove as helpful and friendly as the no-heaven site has been in the past.
    read more...
    0 27,427
    • HueJahFink
      DaveBourke Here's a little wave back atcha, HueJahFink. It's so nice to come into a tidy house, don't you think?

And yes, thank you to TC Electronic for providing this refuge for PoCo lovers.

Kind regards.
      • November 14, 2007
    • HueJahFink
      owenp What's No-Heaven?
      • November 14, 2007
    • HueJahFink
      replicant

owenp wrote:

What's No-Heaven?

It's were we used to hang out earlier

This is the URL: http://www.powercore.noheaven.com/

if you're into spam and cures for almost everything. Though there is a lot of valuable information on that board beneath the spam.
      • November 14, 2007
    • HueJahFink
      Purusha Yep - thanks to TC for giving us this platform.

Here's hoping it's used to good effect!
      • November 14, 2007
    • HueJahFink
      owenp

replicant wrote:

owenp wrote:

What's No-Heaven?

It's were we used to hang out earlier

This is the URL: http://www.powercore.noheaven.com/

if you're into spam and cures for almost everything. Though there is a lot of valuable information on that board beneath the spam.

To they have a cure for Powercore Firewires?
      • November 14, 2007
  • jelyfinger
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-14
    Long overdue software update to correct issues is what we NEED!
    0 15,263
    • jelyfinger
      digitalkettle If you're keeping a list then add the V1 and X1 pedals
      • November 14, 2007
    • jelyfinger
      gbtommasi agreed
      • November 14, 2007
    • jelyfinger
      jhbpa I'd be a happy camper just to get a patch for the effects pedal latency.
      • November 14, 2007
    • jelyfinger
      digitalkettle

jhbpa wrote:

I'd be a happy camper just to get a patch for the effects pedal latency.

That's probably all ya gettin'

We've been waiting so long that folks started imagining that they were going to get extra effects such as Rotary and Volume Swell...but apparently not.
      • November 14, 2007
    • jelyfinger
      billy11 I want an editor, first, and it is long overdue!

Billy11
      • November 15, 2007
  • DTownSMR
    Contributor - Level 1
    2007-11-14
    hey everyone...well, at least once folks get word of this forum!

I picked up a G-Major off eBay and noticed that its ring controls were not working right. They wouldn't go sequentially thru their lists, they'd jump around acting like a dirty pot. I spent sometime working them back and forth and they improved to near perfect. My question is, can I go in there and hit them with some electronics cleaner to remove any grit or grime or are they not like a typical POT type of control? It's in my rack and I figured I'd wait to open it up till I need to but figured I'd ask now before it's absolutely needed and time to panic.

kudos to t.c. electronic for creating this forum!! It'll be a great way to connect with other users!!
    read more...
    0 6,788
    • DTownSMR
      gtrplyr Hey DTown

I don't have an answer for you, but I thought I'd say hello as I just registered myself.
      • November 14, 2007
    • DTownSMR
      jakejoseph I have the same problem. I switched from playing guitar to playing bass about a year ago and left the G-Major sitting - now the rotary controls are doing exactly the same thing Dtown described.

Any wisdom on this TC?
      • November 16, 2007
    • DTownSMR
      Erock Ther is a yahoo group for the G major, in the files section they have the fix for that. You have to take it apart and clean the dials. It is a common problem.
      • November 23, 2007
    • DTownSMR
      jakejoseph Hey Erock - can you post the instructions? I have tried to join the Yahoo list and have not been successful as of yet.

J
      • November 25, 2007
    • DTownSMR
  • gbtommasi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-14
    Hello guys at TC,

i am really happy to see there is a TC official forum eventually! Hope lots of TGPers will join.

Now let's try to make this a resource
    0 5,057
    • gbtommasi
      jelyfinger TGP member here...great to see this forum!
      • November 13, 2007
    • gbtommasi
      kenc from me too, all the best to this forum!
      • November 13, 2007
    • gbtommasi
      tore Hi all and welcome to forum. I hope this will turn to be a great ressource for G-System and our other guitar products.
      • November 16, 2007
  • rjino
    Contributor - Level 1
    2007-11-14
    Is this supposed to work with the x32 box? So far the installation completes but will not see the hardware?

Also after re-installing ver1.3 audio dropouts occur ....previous to this I experirnced no dropouts.....curious!
    0 3,882
    • rjino
      jpleong It is my understanding that it is supposed to work with all Konnekts running with Microsoft Windows including the Digital Konnekt x32.

JP
      • November 15, 2007
    • rjino
      thomas Yes, it is supposed to work with x32, too.

jrino, what firmware do you use?
      • November 22, 2007
    • rjino
      SamLord I'm having dropouts on the x32-to-laptop connection via firewire. I'm sure my clocking is right. I called ADK about the windows FW registry hot fix, and they said that with one device connected it always loads correctly. Besides, the dropouts happen with only 2 channels. Also at times I get extreme noise with the signal. I wonder if the little FW 800 connector on my laptop is the culprit, but it has been babyed and seems fine. I've searched this forum quite a bit already. Any thoughts? Thanks.
      • January 7, 2008
  • hednoize
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-13
    Hi everybody

I have a Studio Konnekt 48 on order, and have been reading some issues regarding certain firewire chipsets being problematic with the Konnekt series, specifically NEC firewire chipsets. I want to install a PCI card so I have a separate firewire bus for the Konnekt 48, keeping my Powermac G5's firewire bus open for multiple hard drives. I've heard that I should be looking for a firewire card with a TI firewire chipset. Is there any truth to that? Or can anyone confirm the NEC chipsets are in fact problematic?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Free
    read more...
    1 6,536
  • werner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-13
    Hello,
    when will software 3.0 release and will it support vista?

Best regards
    Werner
    0 68,303
    • werner
      husker to be very specific - will they support vista 64
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      Purusha Here's also hoping for Vista 32 and 64 bit versions ASAP.
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      nls will there be a public preview??
      • November 13, 2007
    • werner
      husker i also wonder if it will be vst 3 spec - I knwo steinberg have involved a few plug-in developers in the p[roduction of the vst 3 spec - If it was TC (and they have had previous links with steinbug) could they possible have included cubase acceptable sidechains in the plug's design ?
      • November 14, 2007
    • werner
      bashar I dont understand how can they announce V3 shipping next month with the PowC X8 when it is still in beta 2.5.16 and barely works?!
      • November 15, 2007
  • chrisby007
    Contributor - Level 1
    2007-11-13
    All four loops are constantly sending signal, which is cool for running 3 way set-ups, but I would like to use some external analog delays and reverbs. With the loops set-up this way, the moment I turn on the loop, I hear the trails from the notes I played before the loop was engaged. Is there any way to change this option? It would really help me out.

Thanks
    read more...
    0 2,854
    • chrisby007
      tore That's a very good point, but I'm afraid that it would require a hardware change as the entire loop section is 100% analog.

We might be able turn off all the loops by cutting the signal right before the loop section - before it get's converted to analog, but then you wouldn't be able to use any of the loops at all.
      • November 16, 2007
    • chrisby007
      fatdog (I know this is an oldie)

Maybe 2 remote triggered AB switches might work?

i.e. Set up a bypass loop ( -AB=BA- ) for the delay, and use the relay switching on the G-system to turn on both switches at the same time the patch is activated.

So the delay unit only gets input signal the instant that the patch is selected.
      • December 15, 2008
  • thomas
    Contributor - Level 2
    2007-11-13
    The output section of Studio Konnekt 48 is rather extensive, and these presets show some of the possibilites of it.

This is the factory default setting of the output section. use this to get back to your starting point without using the RESET TO DEFAULTS option.

ADAT surround
    Sets up the output section to use the ADAT outputs for surround. Adat channels 1-6 are in use. If you have a 7.1 setup, simply add the last two speakers to the setting.

ADAT surround with bass management
    Same as above with added bass management for the sub speaker.

Analog surround
    Sets up the output section to use the analog outputs for surround. Channels 5-10 are used. If you have a 7.1 setup, simply add the last two speakers to the setting.

Analog surround with bass management
    Same as above with added bass management for the sub speaker.

AUX 1 submix to headphones
    Sends the AUX 1 submix to the headphones outs. The level is controlled from the front panel of SK48.

AUX 1 submix to headphones remote controlled
    Sends the AUX 1 submix to the headphones outs, and makes sure that the level is controlled by the level knob on the remote control. Remember to run up the headphones level on the front panel for SK48.

DAW direct
    Sets up the output section so that all DAW channels are routed directly to the equivalent outputs.

DOWNLOAD SK48 OUTPUT PRESETS
    read more...
    0 14,546
    • thomas
      bdguitars Thomas

how do you load those ? I only see the possibility of loading the .avt files

thx

BRUNO
      • November 13, 2007
    • thomas
      thomas Hi Bruno

Output presets are *.opf files, as you've probably seen.

As opposed to the Totall Recall presets (*.avt), that recall ALL settings of the device, opf files only affect the output section. This means that you can set up the mixer as you like, while trying out a number of output setups.

To load these, go to the SETUP page and press the FILE button.

• November 13, 2007
    • thomas
      bdguitars Hi Thomas

thx for the info

B.
      • November 13, 2007
    • thomas
      hednoize Hi Thomas

I have a Konnekt 48 on order, and am trying to plan out my cabling -- I have an Alesis AI-4 ADAT to AES/EBU converter and JBL monitors with digital I/O. Is it possible to send two channels of digital out to my monitors (for example, through ADAT channels 7/8) and control that level to the speakers with the Konnekt 48 remote? I've read through through the Konnekt 48 manual and it looks like I probably can't, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Free
      • November 14, 2007
    • thomas
      thomas Fortunately, you are wrong

Any of the outputs of SK48 can be remote controlled, any of the outputs can have a source that you select, meaning any mixer out (main, aux1, aux2, reverb sends), any signal coming from your DAW and any physical input.

Since output control is done by the 56K DSP processor, and since such a processor has a limited amount of ins and outs, the maximum number of outputs that can be controlled at a time is 8. 8 is sufficient for 7.1 surround mixes, as you know. The maximum output channels of 8 is at the same time and not dependend on speaker set.

This means that you can assign 8 output channels to one speaker set, 8 _other_ output channels to the second speaker set and some to the third.

Since what you want is 2 simple channels, this is easily done.
      • November 15, 2007
Go to page