Solutions

242,671 members
119,067 posts
  • trooper
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-19
    Hey all, i bought a tc konnekt 6 like - 2-3 weeks ago and i still haveing big problems, i already wrote to the support and got some answers "and still waiting for some" but why i write here is cuz im getting frustrated and dont rly know what to do! my problem is this, when i select TC Near as drivers in Cubase or any other music program it start to lagging/freezing/crashing i can´t rly do anything!! i have a HP Pavilion dv9500/Amd Turion 64 X2 TL-58 1.90Ghz 2gb ram Vista 32-bit Home Premium, and the drivers etc is updated, i have the TC_Near_220_4988_340 installed, ive tried Audacity, Cubase,FL Studio 8, and many different music programs with the same result, what can possible be wrong? any one else experience this?! please help me
    read more...
    0 5,433
    • trooper
      Anamnesia Have you tried the DPC Spike Checker tool, found in your Programs/TCElectronics folder?

Also, what are your TCnear buffers set to?
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper Thanks for answering, yes ive tried DPC Spike Checker tool it says "your computer is performing well and seems to optimized for audio streaming" same stuff happens when i try to run cubase etc, even tho i cant use the program when it start lagging/freezing up,

my asio buffer size on "tc near control panel" is sett on 256 samples ive tried to change it but nothing happened, this is my first audio interface so im not verry good at settings,
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      Anamnesia Sometimes Freeware/Shareware, Bloatware (software supplied by the computer manufacturer) & other "appz" (cough!) can have unforeseen outcomes.

Antivirus software & having an active internet connection can also cause problems.

I take it that you manage to get Cubase running? What does the VST Performance meters show? And what about your CPU percentages when Cubase is running an active project?
      • June 19, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper Yep i can run Cubase ,,,"VST Performance meters" cant see if theres any movement,

the cpu percentages movie between 2-10% pretty steady, it moves up a little more when program freezing up to mutch, Cubase work and all but as soon as i choose Tc Near as device i cant use it anymore , im not talking about small lagg spikes or anything like that, its more like the program getting stuck, it takes like 50 sec or more after i clickt on something to open a menu or anything else , but when tc near is not selcted on cubase it works great but of course i cant record without selecting tc near as drivers, im not sure if any other "appz" can make it lagg so bad as it do, i know you can get some bad lagg by haveing some other progs being active tho but this lagg i think is caused by something else cuz its so mutch lagg ,but maby ??? ill check it out , thanks for the reply i real appreciate it,
      • June 20, 2009
    • trooper
      trooper hey i just found out some strange things.. first of all when i select Tc Near as drivers the cpu monitor goes crasy "its like max out to 99% usage" dosent matter if konnekt 6 power is on or off it just goes crasy. so i messt around for awhile and did choose Asio DirectX Full Duplex and wow i can choose the direct sound input ports there and "the tc near microphone" and of course it works to record by doing that,, but i dont get it , why is it like that? shudent i have Tc Near as selected asio drivers ? this is strange well atleast i can record now, anyone else have similar settings?
      • June 20, 2009
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2009-06-17
    Hi all,

We've posted a public BETA version of the Vyzor G-Major 2 editor software:

PC version can be found here
    Mac version can be found here

Please sende your feedback, questions and bug reports to:
    [email protected].

Feel free to discuss the software here and let us know what you think.

best regards,

Mike
    read more...
    0 31,165
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike I highly recommend to read the included manuals about the editor's data structure and get aquainted with the "edit buffer" principle of the software, which basically just means that whenever you are working with the editor, you are working with copies of the preset data

and you won't alter or overwrite any of your G-Major2 program settings unless you use the editor's "sync" function to transfer a preset from the editor to the corresponding memory location in the user bank of your G-major 2 hardware think of the Epeditor as an independent virtual G-major 2.

More infos can be found in the read me.pdf and the included manuals of the editor (data management.pdf)

If you have any questions, let me know..
      • June 16, 2009
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike if you want to save and share single preset files, click on the "G-Major 2" logo on the Editor GUI right of the virtual display, which will reveal a "preset file" open / save menu.

You can also create File notes for your preset creations. (there is a little graphical glitch

in the PC version while you are in the "Bank view" of the editor. As a workaround, just change to any other view of the editor, when filling out file notes for your preset creations)

In the future it will be possible to upload and share presets via the forthcoming G-Major 2 preset vault on the TC website. Currently it just transfers you to the G-Major 2 product pages. Expect this feature to be ready mid july.
      • June 16, 2009
    • TC-Mike
      ljbarbeau the link for the mac version doesnt work it points to the 1.02 updater. so I find myself with 2 updater but no software. also the step by step link is wrong to. u have http:// twice at the begining both in mac and pc version..

Luigi
      • June 17, 2009
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike thx for the note- It's fixed now.
      • June 17, 2009
    • TC-Mike
      Jip I don't have an usb midi interface, i 've seen on the vyzor website that some are better than other to work with the software, like the midisport better than the uno, could you confirm?
      • June 17, 2009
  • paulg2uk
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-16
    Hi all.

Thought I would post a pic of my nova system setup that I've recently setup. If anyone wants to do the same feel free I'm always interested to see what another people have done with their nova system and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

read more...
    0 168,418
    • paulg2uk
      re Hey There!

This is my compact version:

• June 15, 2009
    • paulg2uk
      paulg2uk Excellent,

it seems like everyone has a smaller more compact rig as well as their main rig. Its good to know some of us guitarists think a like lol.

Keep em coming people.
      • June 15, 2009
    • paulg2uk
      Jawa paulg2uk, What are you using as the floorboard with the straps I am very intrigued!!!???
      • June 16, 2009
    • paulg2uk
      thesnue hi folks.

how do i upload pictures?

is it possible to upload pics or do they have to be online somewhere else to be embedded or linked?

thanks

thesnue
      • June 16, 2009
    • paulg2uk
      paulg2uk Michael,

Hi it's a pedal-train 2. I just got some Velcro from my local hardware store and put the 4 strips down on each of the pedal train's sections. Seems to work pretty well except for closing the lid of the case I had to take some of the foam out of the top half of the lid to close the flight case. I'm thinking of relining it with something else cause its pretty bear at the moment.

I am really pleased with nova I have a g system too which is so heavy when taking it to rehearsals and gigs. i still get those great sounds but now its a bit more portable lol

Hope that answers your question

Cheers

Paul

Oh and if you are uploading pics u have link and upload them from another site. I use www.photobucket.com

Hope that helps too

More photos people lol
      • June 16, 2009
  • mrjones111
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-06-14
    does any one know if the the finalizer plus converters are top notch? are they better than the digi stuff? i have a the finalizer plus and wonder if they are equal in quality to the stand alone 1000 buck converters.. ( after all the finalizer did cost a bundle! )

thanks people
    read more...
    0 1,328
  • jakster
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-14
    I have a new G-System I've been familiarizing myself with and enjoying until this morning, when I attempted to upgrade the firmware in my unit from 2.0 to 3.0 so as to be able to edit presets from my Mac using the Vyzor software.

I downloaded the upgrade software, connected the G-System to the Mac with the USB cable, and initiated the upgrade process. At the end of the upgrade process, the computer displayed a message that the upgrade had failed and that I should try again. The G-System was displaying a message indicating "firmware burning" so I didn't bother it. However, after several hours this message was still displayed, so I repowered the G-System. The G-System is now dead--the display panel on the floorboard lights up, but no message is displayed--and the upgrade utility does cannot detect the G-System when connected via USB. I've tried repowering several times, disconnecting/reconnecting cables, Cat5 connections, etc., but to no avail.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I'll need to have the unit serviced, but thought I'd check in here first to ascertain if anyone (Laird?) might have other suggestions before I pack up the system and ship it off to the service center in Canada.

Thanks for your help and perspective.
    J
    read more...
    0 5,270
    • jakster
      2SloMoe You could try resetting the unit?

Power up the unit while pressing and hold the "Filter and Comp"buttons.

The unit starts counting down. Wait for it. When it is done it will restart it self back to the main page.

I believe this resets EVERYTHING
      • June 14, 2009
    • jakster
      jakster Thanks. Tried this several times and get the following message:

AVR Boot v1.01

0.00/0.00

Doesn't seem to count down, even when I hold the Filter and Comp buttons for a minute or so during and after power up.

Any other ideas?
      • June 14, 2009
    • jakster
      jakster Correction, the message on the unit display was:

AVR Boot v1.01

0x00/0x00

Can't detect unit on Mac with USB
      • June 14, 2009
    • jakster
      ratkent I didn't have your specific problem, but I did have a problem with the USB connection between my iMac and my G System. I was using the USB port on the keyboard and was getting all kinds of weird responses and error messages. I then used one of the USB ports on the back of the computer and everything worked fine. Don't know if this will help or if it even applies to your situation but I really feel your pain and I'm just trying to help.

Good luck.
      • June 15, 2009
    • jakster
      jakster Thanks. I'm using a MacBook Air, so there's only one USB port to try. I guess I could try the MacBook Pro, but I'm not sure that is going to do anything different.
      • June 15, 2009
  • bkrumme
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-12
    Hey guys. I've got a question for those of you who have your G-System mounted in a custom case or on a pedalboard.

How do you guys have the G attached to your board? Screws? Velcro? And if you're using screws, does anyone have the measurements or a template for drilling holes?
    read more...
    0 4,872
    • bkrumme
      briane I used screws. I did not have a template so I used a piece of cardboard, taped it to the bottom of the G, Cut it to size, and poked through the cardboard where the screw holes are. Worked well for me.
      • June 12, 2009
    • bkrumme
      trsu2 I got a road case but it was a little too deep so I had to put a piece of wood (bout 1/2 inch thick) inside. I got some threaded metric screws and screwed them into the underside of the GS with these little ferrules (which look a little like a car wheel without the tire on it) attached. I then got these special clips from some auto parts website and screwed them to the wood. These clips enabled me to lock the GS to the board by sliding the clip in. I can also take the GS off by sliding the clip out. I got the info from another GS owner on The Gear Page. It's worked out really well except the wood makes the case heavier.
      • June 13, 2009
    • bkrumme
      bucketbot

[email protected] wrote:

I used screws. I did not have a template so I used a piece of cardboard, taped it to the bottom of the G, Cut it to size, and poked through the cardboard where the screw holes are. Worked well for me.

Have often thought that TC should include a template in the box along with the stickers to make this job easier.
      • June 5, 2012
    • bkrumme
      utterlyguitarde I made a video about just that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92APnF0fgs&feature=plcp

Rock on,

Scott.
      • June 6, 2012
  • avoelp
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-09
    After some frustrating experience in trying to get a volume and an expression pedal to work smoothly with the G, and after some partly misleading advice from TC's support (http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=3942) I did some experimenting.

For my testing I used an Ernie Ball VP Jr EB-6180 pedal that has a 250k pot and an EB-6181 that has a 25k pot. Both pedals are mono, and both have standard mono input and output jacks. I connected these pedals to the pedal jacks of the G's control board using either mono cables connected to the pedal's output jack or y-split cables connected to their input and output. I use the pedal hooked to the G's Volume jack for controlling the unit's global output volume and the one connected to the Expression jack for controlling different parameters depending on the current preset.

This is what I found out:

- In the G's "digital" world, where both pedals reside, there is nothing like a continuous parameter change. Everything happens in discrete steps. The question is how many steps there are, and if they are audible as steps (which is clearly unwanted).

- According to the G's manual mono pedals should be connected using only one cable attached to the output connector. When I did this using the 25k pedal (which TC's support recommended to me) and perform the pedal calibration this gave me a range from 0 to 10, i.e., only 11 discrete volume or expression steps. When you want to control a volume parameter this is completely useless as every increase or decrease is clearly audible as a step. Thus the "recommended" procedure had the worst result.

- Connecting the same 25k pedal with a y-split cable gave me a calibration range from 0 to 44 and a much "smoother" pedal action.

- Using the 250k pedal with only one cable gave me a calibration range from 0 to about 60.

- Finally, using the 250k pedal with a y-split cable resulted in a calibration range from 0 to 95, that means 96 discrete volume or expression steps.

- Using the 250k pedal + y-cable setup for controlling output volume still does *not* give you "seamless" volume swells (and there is always some lag), but it is useful as a master volume control and it is the best that I could get out of the pedals for controlling output volume. For swells it might be preferable to use the pedal connected to the Expression jack for controlling the volume parameter of one of the effects (e.g., the output volume of the compressor if the swell is intended to occur before the preamp).

- From my subjective listening experience I found the limited number of steps much more annoying in case of the output volume parameter than in case of expression parameters (e.g., in wha-wha effects). I also had the impression that there is considerably less lag in the G's response to the pedal connected to the Expression jack.

- The manual talks about volume and expression pedals. I think that this is somewhat misleading. Instead we should talk about low and high impedance pedals and about linear and non-linear response curves (as a matter of fact you can use the pedals connected to both jacks for modifying any parameter in the G's Modifyer setup). Selecting pedal type as Volume or Expression in the G's pedal menue affects the unit's response curve, but has nothing to do with the type of pedal that you actually connect (just trust your ears!). BTW: A very useful feature of the EB-6180 250k pedal is that it has a taper swich which modifies the shape of the response curve.

- The G does not have any setup parameter (beyond the pedal type parameter) for "fine tuning" the response curve of the global output volume parameter. You can nevertheless achieve this by "cheating" the calibration (i.e., by using minimum or maximum values other than those with the pedal in the toe or in the heel position).

That's about all that I found out. From my testing I would recommend using high impedance pedals connected with y-split cables for both jacks of the G.
    read more...
    0 38,937
    • avoelp
      LorenzG Hi,

Thanks for your review! What is the disadvantage of Low-Impendance Pedals? e.g. with the Boss Pedals: a 500-H or a 500-L

Thank you!

Lorenz
      • June 26, 2009
    • avoelp
      Laird_Williams

avoelp wrote:

That's about all that I found out. From my testing I would recommend using high impedance pedals connected with y-split cables for both jacks of the G.

There are 4 jacks - and there is some evidence that the wiring/setup needs for the Foot Controller jacks is different than that for the GFX-01 jacks. Did you look into this at all?
      • June 26, 2009
    • avoelp
      elvis avoelp: Valuable information - thanks! Interfacing pedals with the G seems to be one of the most difficult things to do.

I disagree with one point, though. I don't think that the numbers displayed during calibration are the number of discrete steps. That is unlikely, both because the ADC that measures the travel of the pedal is most likely 8-12 bits (256 to 4096 steps) at the minimum, as well as the fact that 11 discrete steps would be VERY noticeable. My expression pedal calibrates as 0-10, and it does not sound at all quantized.

I would guess (pending Tore's confirmation) that the number displayed is probably arbitrary, maybe an indicator of % of total possible calibration range or something like that. In that case, the number of discrete steps is likely in excess of 30, and may be as much as 400 or more, for a max calibration level of 10 (assuming 100=100% of total steps).

The most difficult thing for the Gsystem to handle would be a logarithmic pot (almost all of them are). Assuming a volume taper (log base 10) that is linear in dB over the travel, and has 100dB range, the halfway point would be -50dB, or 1/316 of maximum. The bottom half of the pedal travel is only 0.3% of the available ADC codes. That would give 0 codes in the bottom half or travel for 8 bits, and 3 codes with 10 bits, even with a max calibration value of 100. This suggests that the ADC may be closer to 16 bits (65536 total codes), as most people seem to get reasonable response with log pots. This is reasonable, as many inexpensive microcontrollers have built-in 16 bit converters.

To keep this stuff in one place, there was a thread about connecting pedals a while back (avoelp helped on that one, too):

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=3355
      • June 29, 2009
    • avoelp
      LorenzG Did you try your Boss 500H with a usual Stereo Cable as explained here: http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/20981617-g-system-which-type-of-pedal-to-use
      • July 1, 2009
    • avoelp
      raphael I use two Boss FV500H with balanced/TRS cables. The G-system detected 50 steps (0 to 50) during calibration. It works fine, I have no complaints. Even the octave whammy seems plenty smooth to my ear.
      • July 2, 2009
  • tore
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-03
    This thread is for sharing all your cool Nova System patches.
    0 346,090
    • tore
      yossarian Big Ups, TobiasDM for putting together a spreadsheet to track these things in!

TobiasDM wrote:

I made a spreadsheet on Google Docs, so we can share presets/patches...

I took the liberty to use graag49's patches as example of how to post your stuff.

Please follow some simple groundrules, so the spreadsheet don't get messy. They are in the sheet.

To view but not edit the spreadsheet, check it out here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rhNLzOaDTrmEzBOatGXM00g

If you want to be able to edit the spreadsheet, you need to contact TobiasDM. He's posted further down in this thread.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

graag49 wrote:

I've been building patches & learning the ins/outs of my NV, so just thought I'd throw

some settings out for you to try. Here's a "platform" patch that would make a nice loop or background rhythm fill:

MOD...Tremolo Speed: 5.62 HZ Tempo:1/8 T Depth: 99%

Type: Hard Width: 39% Hi Cut: 15.8 k

DELAY (Tape): 547 Tempo: 1/4 Clip: 0 db

Mix: 31%

__________________________________________________________________________

PITCH (Octave) Direction: Down Range: 1 oct Mix: 20%

DRIVE (Distortion) Gain: 12 Tone: 40%

Level: 10 db Boost: 7 db

__________________________________________________________________________

Those 4 footswitches are the only ones engaged, so it's truly a matter of personal taste how you can add and/or subtract from this basic patch. I'm just having lots of fun experimenting, so there you go.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

Joe20 wrote:

"Wicked Game" as it sounds pretty much like the guitar used in this song:

SPRING REVERB

===========

Decay- 8.0s

PreDl- 100ms

Mix- 70%

Size- Huge

Color- Clear

Hi Fac- 0

LoCol- Tight

LoFac- 9

RoomL- 0

RevLe- (-6)

Diff- 0

Shape- Round

ViIBRATO

======

Speed- 0.841hz

Tempo- Disable

Depth-50%

HiCut-15.8k

I wrote:

And this is in a couple of other topics, but here's a Leslie simulation using the chorus:

Advanced Chorus

Speed: 5.15 Hz

Depth: 5%

HiCut: 10.0kHz

Cho DL: 50.0ms

Ratio: Off

PhaRev: On (stereo only)

(this is for the g system, so one or two of those parameters don't apply)

It sounds pretty good. I have the mix fairly low so that the effect isn't too overpowering.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

Jawa wrote:

For anyone out there who is not familiar with EQ frequencies I am posting some links that you may find useful:

http://www.sirgalahad.org/paul/music/eq … tml#guitar

http://www.homemadehitshow.com/EQTips.htm

laird wrote:

Programming a parametric EQ takes LOTS of experimentation. That said, you can start with the following ranges.

Bass:

Center Frequency: 100 hz - 200 hz (I'd start about 150hz or so)

Width: about 1/2 - 1 octave

Treble:

Center Frequency: 5khz - 10khz (I'd start about 7khz)

Width: about 2 octaves

Mid:

Center Frequency: Anywhere from 250hz to 2.5khz, depending on the sound you want.

Width: 1-2 octaves

Running a narrow treble with a high center frequency can turn the treble into a "sizzle" control, which can be VERY cool.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

I wrote:

I love the factory tap tremolo preset. Try playing around with it picking for each swell of the tremolo. Use an open string for a base drone and then pick out a melody / rhythm over that. Really cool effect. Sounds a bit like a synth because of the unnatural attack and decay of the note. Plus a ringing bass drone gets articulated in individual notes.

To add to that, give it a little overdrive to break up the tone a little bit. Then add a delay set to dotted 1/4. This will give the delay an offset from the tremolo effect. Then play a riff that times up with the tremolo, it ends up getting copied by the delay but offset after the next note in the riff.

I think those are all the patches that everyone has posted across the forum so far. Please add yours if I missed it.
      • June 3, 2009
  • cblues93
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-05-31
    Hy guys of the forum !!
    Is there any chance of channels switching on Mesa F50, using G-System?
    many thanks
    0 3,391
    • cblues93
      elvis See my reply at the end of this post:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=2142

I switch my F-50, and it works very well. I set up my patches so that they are either Ch1 or Ch2, and I set up the loop3 switch to give CH2 + Contour. That works as my lead crunch. I can then add boost if I want as well.
      • June 1, 2009
    • cblues93
      Crispy I have the F-100 and rather than butcher up the footswitch which will effect resale value I had this cable made.

http://training.tcelectronic.tc/Files/Training/TCSI/images/answers/770/Rect-o-verb_GMajor.pdf

It's for the Rectoverb but the setup is the same as the F Series.

The 5 pin DIN connects to the footswitch input on the amp and the TRS into the footswitch connector on the back of the G System.

You then set the relays on the G so that each preset can be clean, gain or contour.

Works a treat too.
      • June 2, 2009
    • cblues93
      harryg Thank you so much Crispy for posting this.

I just bought G system and my amp is Mesa F50. I didn't know what to do until I saw this post for channel switching on the amp.

I cut the original midi cable from Mesa Boogie and then solder those 3 to the stereo jack. The only thing is that every Midi cable have different color, so I just checked it with a multi-meter and I found them.

I saw lots of people found it difficult to use G system. Having experience using POD X3 Live, makes G system easy to use for me.

2 days after I bought it I used it for band rehearsal and I loved it. I am gigging with it this weekend and I can't wait.

Thanks again.

http://www.harrygusman.com
      • April 27, 2013
  • rodgersg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-05-20
    Bought an "open box" G-Natural from American Musical. I think it's defective.

The product was "open box" as stated. It's obviously been used and returned.

There are NO "Factory" settings in the banks. Using bank up/down, only cycles through U0-U9. There are NO F0-F9 settings that I can see.

Am I missing something or does this go right back in the box and back to AM?

User bank U0 is programmed, and nothing else is.

Is there a power on sequence to return the unit to completely factory settings?

When i got it, it was at firmware 1.03. I reloaded 1.03 and still no change.

?

Thanks,
    Gary
    read more...
    0 16,531
    • rodgersg
      Laird_Williams 1) The "Factory Bank Lock" is probably turned on. When the factory bank lock is on, the factory patches are not visible. See page 19 of the manual for how to turn it off. If your open box unit did not have a manual, you can download it here:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/G_Natural_US.pdf

2) The user banks only become visible when they have patches saved to them. If you can't see most of the user banks, it is because they are empty. As you create patches and save them to the user banks, they will become visible.
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      rodgersg Thank you - that was it.

Also found my "factory reset" in the menu as well.

Now I'm happier, but I'd sure like to know how to stop the crazy little blinking light on the front!
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      Laird_Williams

rodgersg wrote:

Thank you - that was it.

Also found my "factory reset" in the menu as well.

Now I'm happier, but I'd sure like to know how to stop the crazy little blinking light on the front!

Can't - that's a visual for your current tempo for the tempo-based fx.
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      wu_10 Hey there-

Laird, can't you set it up as the primary being boost and not tap tempo? If so it's a steady versus blinking light....
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      Laird_Williams

wu_10 wrote:

Hey there-

Laird, can't you set it up as the primary being boost and not tap tempo? If so it's a steady versus blinking light....

Yeah - I think so. It has been a while. Is it flickering on you when you use it for a boost?
      • May 21, 2009
Go to page