Solutions

269,001 members
148,658 posts
  • Alexmc1988
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-09
    Everytime I change a setting such as buffer or switch to a session that is a different sample rate I have to restart Pro Tools. I have tried both 9 and 10. Is there anything I can do to make it not do this? I am running Windows 7 x64.
    0 9,915
    • Alexmc1988
      Alexmc1988 In Pro Tools 9 and 10 I am constantly getting the error: "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct." I check the TC NEAR Control Panel and the sample rate and clock source are both correct. I don't have this problem with my mbox 2. Does ANYBODY have any suggestions?
      • November 10, 2011
    • Alexmc1988
      Chatwic I am having this same exact problem!

Can't run Pro tools in any other clock except 44.1. I want to run in 96.... but.. PT won't let me.
      • January 4, 2012
    • Alexmc1988
      djon77 UP

Does someone know how to fix that problem ?

Or do I have to throw that **** away ?!
      • May 23, 2013
    • Alexmc1988
      Alexmc1988 I actually do t have this problem anymore. I dont remember if it was a software update that fixed it or if I just figured out how to make it work. For me I just have to make sure the sample rate and buffer settings are set correctly to match the session before I open pro tools. If I am switching to a session with a different sample rate or I need to change my buffer settings I have to completely close pro tools. As long as I do that my interface is rock solid and sounds great. I wouldn't trade it for anything else that's even close to this price range.
      • May 23, 2013
    • Alexmc1988
      djon77 Hi, ok I just uploaded the last drivers.

So now I can't change anymore the sample rate settings in protools, I need to choose it in the panel then open pro tools so it matches.

That is a major problem imho, if I need to record something (so pull down the latency) I need to close the session and Pro tools, change the sample rate in the panel, open Pro tools, open the session, record, do the same thing again to raise the sample rate and listen to all plugins, and again and again.

That's a shame...may be I'm doing something wrong, i'll check further tomorrow..

I have quite the same config as yours, except from a slightly diferent motherboard, but same brand, may be it has something to do with it...

Thx though
      • May 23, 2013
  • guillespiers
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-08
    Hi all! I´ve tried a lot of different conections between my HUM Eliminator, JMP-1 and GSystem, but never get rid of a very annoying static noise.

The noise I have is not like a HUM, it´s more like a "HIZZZZZZZZZ". (It´s similar to the sound that you hear when you turn up the volume of a CD Player, just before the music starts)

If think the main problem is static, because my connections are NOT GROUNDED, and the main voltage here in Lima, is 220v.

When i´m playing guitar, If I get close to my main rack, my guitar pickups grab a lot of static.

I also have a main power surge (cheap one) attached to my rack (at the back), so it´s probable that there may be lot´s of static in the whole case. The GSYSTEM´s noise gate helps a lot, but when I change an effect, (for example clean to distortion), the HIZZZZ starts, but then the G´s noise gate react´s and kills it. That took´s aproximatetly one second, but imagine that "second of HIZZZ" everytime you change an effect, from clean to distortion, specially if you crank up the amplifier´s vol!

I read that a Power Conditioner should do the trick, cause they have "noise filters", related to static problems.

I read that a Furman M-10x E could do the job.

What do you think about this product? Do you think this will solve my static problems?

Thanks a lot!
    read more...
    0 6,229
    • guillespiers
      juikkipuikki It needs voltage regulator. In EU its 1400 AR model. I dont remember what it was in US. 1800 something?
      • November 8, 2011
    • guillespiers
      guillespiers I would probably buy one in the US. Do you mean this one?

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=03&id=P-1400ARE

Thanks a lot for your help!
      • November 8, 2011
    • guillespiers
      juikkipuikki

guillespiers wrote:

I would probably buy one in the US. Do you mean this one?

http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?div=03&id=P-1400ARE

Thanks a lot for your help!

Yep, thats the one in EU.
      • November 8, 2011
    • guillespiers
      martinoto Hola, hermano...

A Furman Line Conditioner was the first thing I got to get rid of the HIZZZZZZZ..... but in my case was worthless.... Last was Ebtech Hum eliminator, improved, but the hiss is still there on the overdriven channels of my JVM. My last resource was to contact Marshall to see if there is something wrong with my amp, but before that I think I am going to try a buffer, because I read that the Hiss could be a sign of an impedance problem between the G and my amp FX loop. The line conditioner is expensive, so try it first to be sure that is the solution.

Saludos ¡¡¡
      • November 8, 2011
    • guillespiers
      guillespiers Thank you all for your recommendations, I´ll try to ground every connection of my house first, and then see if the HIZZZZ disappears. If not, i´ll try a power conditioner or a buffer.
      • November 10, 2011
  • Spidey
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-11-08
    Does anyone else hear a clean signal underneath their drive signal or is it just my unit. If so can this be eliminated?
    0 4,718
    • Spidey
      Jawa Are on distortion or OD. The OD does have a clean mix built-in to it that non adjustable. I hear it on the OD but not the dist.
      • November 8, 2011
    • Spidey
      jwoertz What if you enable killdry using the Nova Editor?
      • November 8, 2011
    • Spidey
      milleramt I've enabled Killdry on editor but doesn't seem to get rid of that Clean Bleed...?? Maybe it's in levels settings?? Any new updates concerning this?
      • January 4, 2012
    • Spidey
      Laird_Williams

jwoertz wrote:

What if you enable killdry using the Nova Editor?

Killdry only works on the digital FX side. The Compressor, Delay, Reverb, Modulation, etc. are digital, but the Drive circuit in the Nova System is analog. It is merely controlled digitally. That's part of what is so cool about it - analog sound with digital control.

That said - a lot of folks do get frustrated with the fact that the OD is parallel.
      • January 8, 2012
    • Spidey
      TheGlobalGuitar This is a major problem for me. The overdrive is insanely good, but you can hear my clean signal almost more than the overdrive. It's really irritating and Im not sure why ANYONE would want this. Almost a deal breaker for me. If I cant make the reverbs sound worth a damn(I haven't yet) then this unit is being sold.
      • January 18, 2016
  • tjnugent
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-06
    I have run out of outputs on my pedalboard power supply and I would like to power a pedal from the extra power jack on my Polytune. I need to know if that is possible and where I can get a single jumper cable to run to the said pedal I want to power. lol

Thanks,

TJ
    read more...
    0 3,171
  • dayslypper
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-06
    I would like to use Nova System variously in mono or stereo.

Is there any summation of signal if only Left output is connected or i must set panorama parameters of stereo effects to the Left as it is in G-System?
    0 21,635
    • dayslypper
      jwoertz I've been using RIGHT the entire time over the past few years, only to see that some people are saying to use LEFT. Is there really a difference, guys?
      • November 6, 2011
    • dayslypper
      dayslypper No matter if left or right. I'm interesting if any of output produces summed

(stereo to mono) signal if one of them is used.

Or if there is some global setting of mono/stereo like in DigiTech effects.
      • November 6, 2011
    • dayslypper
      Bmoney Page 9 of the Nova System Manual:

"Use the left output if you do not play in stereo and connect to a single amp"

As far as I know, there is no internal setting for mono/stereo summing
      • November 6, 2011
    • dayslypper
      dayslypper There is not information in manual which I need to know!!!

Could someone of you do the test with ping-pong delay and give me information if left and right signal with delay with 100% panorama setting is summed if only one of outputs is used?
      • November 11, 2011
    • dayslypper
      Tebi Hi I really need help I´m not able to make the nova system update please help me with this I dont know if the problem is with the cable USB what kind of cable because I follow all the steps of the instruction guide
      • November 11, 2011
  • jeffsguitar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-11-05
    I've been playing around with the four cable method for a while now and recently found that the EBtech Hum Eliminator is causing some tone (clarity, brightness) loss and slight volume loss in my signal.

When I use the four cable method without the hum eliminator the guitar sounds great- just like plugging the guitar strait into the amp. But when I introduce the hum eliminator in the chain I notice tone loss especially when listening back though my recording/direct out or head phone out on my Koch Studiotone. I've tested this with two separate EBtech units (bought band new) and had the same result.

I understand the reason for having the hum eliminator but I don't understand why its sucking out some of the tone. Has anyone else encountered this issue with the hum eliminators? And if so are there solutions?

Jeff
    read more...
    0 9,007
    • jeffsguitar
      bucketbot

jeffsguitar wrote:

I've been playing around with the four cable method for a while now and recently found that the EBtech Hum Eliminator is causing some tone (clarity, brightness) loss and slight volume loss in my signal.

When I use the four cable method without the hum eliminator the guitar sounds great- just like plugging the guitar strait into the amp. But when I introduce the hum eliminator in the chain I notice tone loss especially when listening back though my recording/direct out or head phone out on my Koch Studiotone. I've tested this with two separate EBtech units (bought band new) and had the same result.

I understand the reason for having the hum eliminator but I don't understand why its sucking out some of the tone. Has anyone else encountered this issue with the hum eliminators? And if so are there solutions?

Jeff

Yep! I found that as well, not a huge amount but def noticeable, esp if you use the HE on the amp front input. :/
      • November 5, 2011
    • jeffsguitar
      leplaidn Yep also !

That's why i don't use HE .... there is some tone loss.

And on high gain settings, there is a big loss of gain !!!

I've found that when you tape cables together in the 4 cables method,

you hear less noise ...
      • November 6, 2011
    • jeffsguitar
      bucketbot

leplaidn wrote:

Yep also !

That's why i don't use HE .... there is some tone loss.

And on high gain settings, there is a big loss of gain !!!

I've found that when you tape cables together in the 4 cables method,

you hear less noise ...

Prob why I have so little noise then as I have everything running thru an 8 way TRS snake.
      • November 6, 2011
    • jeffsguitar
      damcka

jeffsguitar wrote:

Jeff

I've been using the HE with my JMp-1 recently and found something quite interesting. These are just my experiences...

1. I run the HE between the JMP-1 master out and G system insert return.

2. Remember that the JMP-1 master out is Not balanced (and neither are most amps or pre outs)

3. When I used a balanced cable from JMP-1 master into the HE, then balanced cable out of HE to the insert return - I found the same as you....it killed my tone, gain, and also a lot of volume...

4. I switched to an unbalanced (TS) cable from JMp-1 master out to the HE and then the balanced cable to from HE to the insert return on thr G system - this seemed to do the trick!

I'm not saying that there is NO loss of volume (it is very very slight)....however, compared with running balanced cables in and out of the HE....it makes a HUGE difference...

I hope this helps....try it and let me know how you get on!

Dave
      • November 6, 2011
    • jeffsguitar
      bucketbot One thing I did find is that adding the Sunday Driver definitely helped with this issue.
      • November 6, 2011
  • Mjac28
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-10-27
    Hi I just ordered a BH500 amp and I was reading the manual and it talked about a short circuit could occur if you use a speakon to 1/4 cable? I have a very expensive Mesa 4-10 cab that has a 1/4 plug does this mean I can't use my cab and I have to go out and buy a brand new cab also ? I don't gig and only use bedroom volume I would appreciate any help thanks.

Mike
    read more...
    0 2,648
    • Mjac28
      jmastanduno You can safely use that as long as you are sure to turn off the mains prior to disconnecting any speaker cables. Most amps CANT be run into an open or shorted load ANYWAY, BUT I do note that my BH500 is allegedly able to be run without a speaker connected as in, practicing through cans or using the unit as a preamp ONLY. BTW I have 2 cabs attached, one with 2 speakon inputs and one with 1/4 inch and i feed the second one wth a speakon to 1/4 inch and Im not having ANY worries at all
      • December 27, 2011
  • kevin2106
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-10-24
    I would like to try and run a W/D/W setup. I am using a bogner 20th ann XTC that has a line out and a mesa 50/50 power amp as well. i am wondering how to achieve this if possible. I am not sure on how to wire this up any help is appreciated thanks!
    0 8,744
    • kevin2106
      Laird_Williams Try this:

Guitar --> G-System Input

G-System Insert Send --> XTC Input

XTC Line Out --> G-System Insert Return

XTC Speaker Out --> Dry Cab

G-System Out/L --> Mesa Channel 1 In

Mesa Channel 1 Speaker Out --> Left Wet Cab

G-System Out/R --> Mesa Channel 2 In

Mesa Channel 2 Speaker Out --> Right Wet Cab

If you want the wet signal to go to the FOH/Console then things get a little more complicated, but not that bad.
      • October 24, 2011
    • kevin2106
      bucketbot This is how I did it with 2 x Carvin X100B's & a Mesa Mark V.

Sounds awesome!!

As you can see I like drawing & pretty colours! LOL!

• October 24, 2011
    • kevin2106
      SittinIdol Hi, just wondering if you're using KillDry on the G-System? If not, do you have any phasing issues between your dry cabs and wet cabs? I'm looking at doing the same thing but just curious about the slight A/D D/A delay causing phasing.
      • March 3, 2012
    • kevin2106
      bucketbot

SittinIdol wrote:

Hi, just wondering if you're using KillDry on the G-System? If not, do you have any phasing issues between your dry cabs and wet cabs? I'm looking at doing the same thing but just curious about the slight A/D D/A delay causing phasing.

As you can see this was quite an old post & was something I experimented with but am not using now.

I now just use one head or 2 for stereo.

But to try & answer the questions when I did experiment with it I did not use the Kill Dry at all.

Also I had no phasing problems that I was able to notice.
      • March 3, 2012
    • kevin2106
      Laird_Williams

SittinIdol wrote:

Hi, just wondering if you're using KillDry on the G-System? If not, do you have any phasing issues between your dry cabs and wet cabs? I'm looking at doing the same thing but just curious about the slight A/D D/A delay causing phasing.

The comb-filter and phase-shifting effects that killdry is needed for are caused by ELECTRONIC combination of audio signals. Stuff that gets mixed "in the air" is an entirely different matter. Don't worry about it.

To make the point...suppose you have two identical speakers being fed EXACTLY the same signal at EXACTLY the same time. Unless the listener is EXACTLY equidistant from both speakers, the sound from one speaker will arrive at a different time than the sound from the other. This happens for even SMALL distances. Take one 2.5 foot stride close to one speaker than the other and the arrival distance is already around 2ms.

Fortunately, the most important organ for hearing is the BRAIN - and the brain reintegrates all this for us so we don't hear it. Net - if it is coming out of different, spatially-displaced speakers, I would not be too concerned
      • March 3, 2012
  • BCy2k
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-10-23
    I just got a used G Major 2 and I'm dialing in sounds & MIDI control using a Rocktron MidiMate & HEX pedal.

First of all. the unit sounds GREAT. However I've run into a couple strange problems that I don't think should be happening, and I find the midi control possibilities very limited.

1. I'm using my HEX pedal (on CC#7) to control "Global Output Level" (master volume) and while I can get it to work, I don't seem to be able to control the response curve at all. At the pedal's minimum position I have it set for 30% - so in toe up position I should still be hearing some output, but there's nothing. The toe down positions get to the desired max volume but the mid range of the pedal's sweep is not very responsive and most of the volume increases only in the last 20% of the sweep (on the toe down side). This doesn't seem to follow my sweep range settings inside GM2 at all. What am I missing here? I did calibrate the pedal. Repeatedly.

2. Are there plans to have more than 4 user customizable modifiers? 4 isn't nearly enough IMHO AND . . .

3. I really wish these modifiers were saved and editable at the preset level vs. having to set them globally for everything. For example I'd like to be able to use MIDI CC3 to turn on/off BOTH the Pitch & Delay blocks in one preset and then be able to control something completely different in another preset using that same MIDI CC3.

The fixed global configuration as is seems incredibly "dumbed down" and restrictive compared to several other products I've worked with. Some of which are ancient yet considerably better compared to how things are implemented in G Major 2. I'm a bit disappointed that whatever CC I set to turn on/off Delay in one preset also HAS to be used to control that same block in every preset I write from then on. What if I want a preset where delay is always on and I need it's globally assigned CC to be used to control a different block? This is why MIDI CC's need to be assignable independently on a per preset basis instead of a fixed global basis. This is a huge limitation.

I could go on, but I'm clearly going to have to think of some workarounds to these limitations. I also wish EVERY parameter from each algorithm could be assigned to a modifier (rather than just the ones you cherry picked) so that I had the choice of toggling between two SETTINGS rather than simply turning something on or off. Why not be able to dedicate a switch/CC to toggle between a longer thicker reverb and a shorter, less dense reverb? I CAN do this on 20 year old processors I own. My main point is your MIDI control implementation isn't even remotely worthy of the sound quality this device produces.

Is this something I can look forward to seeing improved upon in a future firmware update?

One thing I'm really pleased about is the preset switching is MUCH smoother and gap free than I was led to believe it might be. It's not all bad guys, but if you're going to put Rolls Royce sonic quality in the box why not have MIDI control that's equally as powerful in there to compliment it? There's massive room for improvement and the 1st way I think you could improve it is to add the ability to save ALL midi CC modifiers at the preset level rather than have basic on/off control that can only be set globally for the entire bank. - BC
    read more...
    0 4,686
    • BCy2k
      Dernbach The TC Electronic G-Major 2 is made by guitarists for guitarists. This multi-effects processor is pure guitar magic in a single-space rackmountable unit at a price that lets you ease into greatness. Studio-quality sounds combined with stompbox simplicity is geared for your most heavy-duty performances. These are not modeling wannabes, but pure undiluted TC Electronic effects in a league of their own. The G-Major 2 offers easy integration with your current setup and pain-free on-the-fly editing. Or use a MIDI interface for more dedicated patch programming using the included PC/Mac editor.

G-Major 2 processor houses all the classic TC Electronic effects that made the original G-Major a favorite among passionate hobby musicians and pros alike. It adds a wide range of guitar effects and features based on feedback and requests from dedicated users of the G-Major platform. From the delays, reverbs and modulation effects that helped define the industry and new daring sounds such as Tri-Chorus, Through-Zero langer, modulated delays, and Univibe, everything is done with impeccable TC Electronic quality.

wedding cars
      • January 10, 2013
    • BCy2k
      TC-Mike Hi BCY2K,

Modifiers assignments can be stored on preset level.

If you want to have different Volume settings per preset use Preset out level instead of global level.

i filed your suggestions as a feature request.
      • January 17, 2013
    • BCy2k
      lidserter May I post a few requests?

1) Navigation arrows & mix wheel: I wish a continue parameter scroll when holding the navigation arrows... I found a bit odd having to press many times a key for reaching that last listed global out range parameter, in example. It would be NICE also be able to use MIX wheel for parameter navigating when editing effects modules or modifiers or global or midi; this way editing is much easier, just using 2 wheels for all. Mix wheel keeps its "mix overview" functionality on "recall" mode.

2) Dynamic wheel behavior: When I need to setup a 1200 cent pitch shift, for example, or a 1200 ms delay, whose parameters have a 1 cent step, I should turn and turn and turn the wheel from 0001, 0002, ..., 0065, ..., 0124, ..., 0986, ..., 1196, 1197, 1198, 1199 and finally 1200. However if you implement a dynamic behavior, when slow turning, it reflects on 1 step increment; but when faster turning parameter increment is bigger; so with less turns I can select the value faster.

3) Global save: Just press "store" to save global parameters. This way I setup all and save it for my all time rig. When we have to change something for only one time use, then we are able to return its normal settings by simple on/off the rack.

4) MIDI: In addition to have a preset basis configuration, it would be AWESOME to specify the "action range" of the CC's assigned to effects module on/off. This way, for example, I assign CC#02 to pitch on/off, BUT define its range so pitch module is off when CC value is 0 and on when CC value is 1. Then I assign same CC#02 to control whammy with an expression pedal. As a result I can use a single CC expression pedal not only to control parameter changes (wah sweep, whammy pitch, virato velocity... 1-127) but also turn its module off, at certain pedal position (min or max or whatever). Isn't it great?

5) Onboard tap tempo: we can make use of "recall" key for tempo tapping once in "recall" mode. Also make some bigger display tempo feedback, use more matrix space or whatever.

6) Fix the harmonized pitch!!!, that workaround for setting scale after re-selecting key note is unacceptable.

I have also a few hardware suggestions, first of all better plastic quality keys and wheels. OK, they work. But every time I press one or rotate another I feel that something will broke soon. Another suggestion is something I call visual coherence. My G major 2 keys are in a random depth pattern. Ones are very out of the aluminum front, others are flat with it, and everything in between. Digital IO, I miss them in my brand new unit.

Thats all! Hope some will be implemented soon!

thanks
      • January 20, 2013
  • CozmicDebris
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-10-23
    Hi experts! I would like to split my signal so I have the normal stereo pair coming out the G-System and an additional dry signal as a 3rd channel. So I consider purchasing the Lehle P-Split. Now I wonder what place in the chain is the best for this box. I would actually like to put it in the 1st loop before the distortion and the insert. So the signal could be processed by the 1st DSP and then split without any other FX but filter (that I don't use in these cases) and dynamics. The split signal could also easily be switched off if necessary just by bypassing the loop. Is somebody here using the P-Split and can tell me if this works the way I figured out? Or can it make problems with preamplified signals? Should I better put it between the guitar and the Sunday Driver?
    read more...
    0 8,430
    • CozmicDebris
      bucketbot You could achieve this without the P Split by just taking your dry signal from one of the Loop Sends which are always on. (The loop is only broken if you attach something to that loop return)

However you would not be able to switch off the Dry signal with the G system switch in this case & it would be always on.
      • October 23, 2011
    • CozmicDebris
      CozmicDebris

bucketbot wrote:

You could achieve this without the P Split by just taking your dry signal from one of the Loop Sends which are always on.

Really? If it's always on the split signal won't be switchable anyway. Is the return isolated from the loop and short-circuited to the input?
      • October 23, 2011
    • CozmicDebris
      bucketbot

CozmicDebris wrote:

Really? If it's always on the split signal won't be switchable anyway. Is the return isolated from the loop and short-circuited to the input?

Not quite sure what you mean.

But you could still switch the dry signal in & out with an external pedal such as the TC Polytune which kills the signal to the output jack when you engage it, or a looper pedal would also work.

Just to clarify are you using 3 amps here?
      • October 23, 2011
    • CozmicDebris
      CozmicDebris Oh, sorry for my bad english. I meant the switching mechanism shown here:

This way would be good for my purpose:

I plan to use a stereo amp (JC-120) for the wet stereo signals (4 cables) and a second amp (JC-120 H) for the dry mono signal (amp in).
      • October 24, 2011
    • CozmicDebris
      Laird_Williams

CozmicDebris wrote:

Oh, sorry for my bad english. I meant the switching mechanism shown here:

This way would be good for my purpose:

I plan to use a stereo amp (JC-120) for the wet stereo signals (4 cables) and a second amp (JC-120 H) for the dry mono signal (amp in).

The G-System loops basically function like the first diagram. Send is always active. "Bypass vs on" is simply a function of whether the output comes from the return (on) or the input (bypass).
      • October 24, 2011
Go to page