Solutions

259,996 members
138,448 posts
  • flukather
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-02-16
    Hi!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't find a good one for this topic.

I'm trying to get my head around how the TC1210 works, so if any of you guys who have one, or have had one could help me, that would be great

I'm assuming we're in chorus mode, and it's mono in through input 1, and stereo out through output 1 and 2. Also, none of the 4 buttons in the middle of the unit are active (in all the rig pics I've seen, they've been off).

1. If running only one side of the unit (in other words, only 1 chorus active), is the chorus that comes out in true stereo (meaning, the chorus effect out of the left and right outputs are different from each other), or is it just dual mono output?

2. If the chorus out of output 1 and 2 are different from each other in this scenario, in what way are they different? I assume it's a LFO phase shift, would anyone know if it's 90 or 180 degrees?

3. If we activate the other chorus (so both sides are on), does this just add another chorus on top of the first one, or is it more complicated that that (like, do they interact with each other in anyway)?

I would really appreciate any help at all regarding this matter

Cheers!
    read more...
    0 970
  • thereturnfc
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-02-15
    hello there tc, i been using RH450 for about 4 months now...and since the day i brought i been using it alot, it becomes something i can't go on without it,
    the problem is, my PHONE jack, is slightly pushed inside since i open the box,i didnt make a bother since i never actually use it. i couldn't make up my mind to ask about warranty since i was busy with the gigs.
    Now that i started to use more PHONE out now, i doubt how should i deal with TC, i really want the PHONE jack to be more in position because some of the headphones and jacks i have stuck before getting in all the phone jack...

I brought this in CANADA, TORONTO with the dealer...

thank in advance
    read more...
    0 4,919
    • thereturnfc
      slawie Contact the dealer from where you purchased it to get an RMA number (Return Material Authorisation). Send it then back to the dealer with the RMA number clearly marked on the shipping container.

Customer support is exceptional through TC but be aware that some dealers may not be as true as the mother company.

If you have no success with the dealer try head office through the links on this forum.

slawie
      • June 24, 2012
  • scoid
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-02-12
    Hello Folks,

First timer here. Couln't find an appropriate place to put this post so I just chose the first category.

I bought a used TC2290. It arrived by mail. When I plugged it in and turned it on there where no lights on the front panel although I could hear the faintest normal hum from the power transformer.

I checked the voltage at the power cable. 116VAC.

I checked the external fuse and made sure the correct voltage was selected. No joy.

I then checked the three internal fuses. No Joy.

I saw inside a notice regarding a Lithium battery. Could this effect the operation?

Apparently the unit was working when the seller took pictures of it as the lights were on (it was the same unit).

Am I missing some thing simple? Comments, questions, suggestions?

Thanks,

Scoid
    read more...
    0 1,883
    • scoid
      Mel Things can get bounced around in shipping. It happened to me when I sold something electronic that had been working perfectly for years, and had an issue when it arrived. In that case it was a wire that had broken off at a jack. Check nothing internal has come unplugged. Check memory is properly seated. Usually the lithium battery is just to back up settings and patches. Typically they should measure around 3V.
      • February 12, 2011
    • scoid
      scoid Thanks Mel. I'm inexperienced with these units. Can you tell me where the memory chip is normally mounted? There's a 40 pin socket on the top PCB that has nothing in it. Also can't find the battery. Is it behind the metal dipslay enclosure?

Scoid
      • February 12, 2011
    • scoid
      Andre_N Hi Scoid,

Do you have the manuals? The option manual might give you some answers on where the memory is located. If you don't have it, you can download from the TC-website.

I got one from eBay in perfect condition and it survived the trip from U.S. to Norway. It's a fantastic peace of gear and it's now the main delay unit in my rig. The delays in the G-System is very nice, but the 2290 is something else....

Best of luck and really hope you get it working perfectly!

André
      • February 12, 2011
    • scoid
      Mel I don't have a 2290, but the advice was generic based on shipping computers, which is what the 2290 actually is Good luck, they are wonderful sounding delay units.
      • February 12, 2011
  • smilindan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-02-11
    I have a couple of questions regarding midi mapping...

First: I have a TC GMinor midi pedal that I'm using to switch presets. In the manual, there's a section about disabling the factory presets when switching banks, so they are skipped. I want to be able to do that with the midi pedal, but it seems like it's not possible without midi mapping.
    Could I use midi mapping to assign the first user preset to '1' on the midi footcontroller, and then sequentially scroll through the user presets ('2' on controller is 2, etc). It would still be confusing I guess, since the presets are organized in banks of 3. After Bank1Preset3, the midi controller would say '4', and the nova system would say Bank2Preset1. But what I'm really trying to do is just not HAVE to scroll to the user presets when I start playing, but have it ready to roll on user preset one when I power up.

Second question: I should be able to use midi mapping to control my roland guitar synth through the Nova System, correct? I'm working on programming the Nova and the Roland so that when I access a patch, it correlates to a patch on the Nova System that is named after song titles; trying to really get my sound consistent (example: user preset on Nova named "The Kid" ties to user preset on guitar synth named Accordian). And assuming that I CAN use the midi mapping to access the patches on the guitar synth that I want, will I still be able to switch it all with the GMinor?

Thanks for any and all helpful replies!!!

-Dan
    read more...
    0 7,056
    • smilindan
      drwiddly You can map the Nova to respond to any program change command, so you could set it so the PC 1 recalls user bank 1 preset 1 but PC2 recalls user bank 3 preset 2, if that's what you want. You can set the mapping to scroll sequentially if that's what you need. You can also map the MIDI out to another device (i.e. your Roland) so that PC1 recalls user 1 preset 1 on the NS but selects bank 4 preset 2 (or any other preset) on the Roland.

There are a couple of useful videos on the Nova System site that explain both MIDI control and mapping.

Have fun!
      • February 10, 2011
    • smilindan
      roliver Guys, got a question in the same vein. I want to control prg changes and turn effects on & off with a midi controller pedal at the same time. Can that be done?
      • February 28, 2011
    • smilindan
      drwiddly Hi roliver,

You can do this provided your MIDI controller can be set up correctly (it needs to be able to send CC messages as well as program changes). Something like a Behringer FCB1010 with the Un0 chip mod would work brilliantly for this. See page 23 of the Nova manual for the set up procedure.
      • February 28, 2011
    • smilindan
      roliver That's cool. Yes I have a rocktron pedal capable of doing that. So my G-sys can live on top of my amp and the controller will be on the floor. Thanx
      • February 28, 2011
    • smilindan
      ifailedshapes

roliver wrote:

That's cool. Yes I have a rocktron pedal capable of doing that. So my G-sys can live on top of my amp and the controller will be on the floor. Thanx

G-sys? Do you mean Nova?
      • March 1, 2011
  • AbbeyvilleRoad
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-02-07
    M3000 "Not OK" I/O Test

Ran both Analog and Digital I/O Test -- Test result is "Not OK" receiving a low constant Tone.

The meter gain shows plenty of output and input to the m3000 but can't control saturation levels.

Equipment CHAIN > ran fiber out of recorder hard drive into the m3000 > fiber out of m3000 into Finalizer 96k. Plenty of level showing up in both the M3000 & Finalizer.

No lights are blinking, showing any apparent problems

Thanks for your help-!!

-jim
    read more...
    0 958
  • Gen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-02-06
    Hi,

I have recently purchased a finalizer express.

Im trying to set it up with my allen & heath zed 24 mixing desk but with out luck.

I have connected the aux 1 and 2 outs to the input of the finalizer and the out puts of the finalizer to a mono track but i dont get any input on the Finalizer.

To be honest the finalizer doesnt do anything at all i cant use any of the key's to toggle between analog and digital input.

And this thing is fresh out of the box got it on friday.

I have already tried to use the hold bypass turn on to reset the functions but nothing is happening.

After that the functions are stuck on lim

Does anybody knows how to get this working?
    read more...
    0 581
  • tomafilm
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-02-02
    Hi,

do I have to use SRAM card or can I expand wit PCMCIA card reader/writer + smart card for the unit extension?

Has anybody try it?

TXs

Thomas Markus
    0 707
  • snowleopard
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-02-01
    Does anyone know if the TC Electronic Studio units (FireworX, M3k, GC Pre, F96k, etc) accept AC-coupled signals or DC only. Best info I could find was the generic:

Word-clock = RCA Phono, 75 ohm, 0.6 to 10 Vpp, 30 - 50 Khz (32 - 48 Khz in some documentation)

And yes, I've read the technical library docs. Further enlightenment on this poorly documented interface would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: and maybe someone could explain why they're using cr4ppy consumer RCA instead of BNC on Pro equipment particularly since my Konnekt48 has BNC WC i/o, or is external word-clock an afterthought throw in?
    read more...
    0 1,798
    • snowleopard
      snowleopard I received an answer to a support request, I'll post it here for everyone else:

Thank you for contacting TC Group Support.

The mentioned units will accept both

I hope this information has been helpful. If you should have any additional questions, please feel free to update this incident and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

TC Group International
      • February 14, 2011
  • Gman1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-02-01
    Has anyone tried one of these with the G system? I am trying to decide between the Boss FV-500H and the Dunlop. I would appreciate any feedback -Thanks!
    0 22,559
    • Gman1
      Mel To control the Volume level of the G-Sys I would think that an expression pedal would be preferred over a volume pedal since it is not being used as a volume pedal but as an expression pedal controlling volume. Big difference. I'd be curious if that has been the experience of others.
      • February 1, 2011
    • Gman1
      Laird_Williams

Mel wrote:

To control the Volume level of the G-Sys I would think that an expression pedal would be preferred over a volume pedal since it is not being used as a volume pedal but as an expression pedal controlling volume. Big difference. I'd be curious if that has been the experience of others.

Actually, high-impedance volume pedals seem to work the best. They seem to be what the encoders in the G like to see.
      • February 1, 2011
    • Gman1
      JerryBeck Hi,

I stood before the same question.

I found this to work for me:

I got two Boss FV-500H, operating one for the volume control with a y-cable, the other one for the expression control with a single TRS cable into the expression jack.

Although the calibration for the expression control just goes up to something in the 70s, they both are working great and reliable.

Just make sure you don't unplug/plug them when the unit is running.

Hope this helps,

Jerry
      • February 2, 2011
    • Gman1
      DF72 I 'm standing before the same decission: DVP1, FH500 or EB Jr.

There's been a lot of things said about the later two, but nothing about the DVP1.

So I thought I'll write Dunlop to get an answer.

Here it is:

//JimDunlop Tech

The DVP1 will work for the volume section. It also look like it may work

as the expression pedal but there is a notice in the manual for the

G-System that volume pedals most likely give an unsatisfying result.

Important Note

* True expression pedals can be used to control

all types of parameters in G-System.

* Regular volume pedals should only be used to

control volume parameters. Using a regular

volume pedal to control e.g. whammy or wah

effects, will most likely give an unsatisfying

result.

//JimDunlop Tech end

Somehow I get the feeling, this information isn't quite right, or am I wrong?

The FH500 is used as a volume pedal, too, or?

Thanx for this great forum...

Greetz

Dave
      • February 16, 2011
    • Gman1
      mptrin I have a DVP1 that I use for small gigs as an expression pedal for my Nova System. I connect it with an easy expression convertor and it works really well.

-MP
      • February 16, 2011
  • craiguitar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-01-30
    Can anyone help me with this... While I can change the 'key' in the pitch block, why when I select a different 'scale' Say Lydian, Mixolodian etc, there is no difference at all, this parameter seems to do nothing! Is there a setting which disables this parameter, as it seems to make no sense why it will not work.
    read more...
    0 17,126
    • craiguitar
      TC-Mike Hi Craig,

when changing scales in the intelligent pitch shifter, the new selected scale won't be active/change intervals unless you change one of the voice parameters. this is a a software bug. as a workaround just navigate to one of the PIT Voice parameters and set

the parameter back and forth for the scale change to take effect.

cheers,

Mike
      • February 7, 2011
    • craiguitar
      craiguitar Fantastic, thanks Mike for your help, I will give that a try.
      • February 7, 2011
    • craiguitar
      bobgilles I have tried everything, the scale will store, but the it just sounds like a straight 3rd note, the scales are not working, should I send this unit in for service?

I can change the intervals and when I change the scales, no audible difference. The screen says HrmMinor, but it sure as hell is not an Harmonic Minor scale. I am on tour and I will pay money to solve this problem. Thanks
      • September 6, 2011
    • craiguitar
      bobgilles Is there a bug fix for the bad software issue, I wonder if the support guy knows about this?
      • September 8, 2011
    • craiguitar
      bobgilles I need to send my G Major 2 into service, I have tried for months to get somebody to respond. What should I do?
      • September 8, 2011
Go to page