Solutions

284,719 members
166,554 posts
  • Victor82m
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-12-09
    Hi, I'm a newbie here and I'm trying to do something a little weird with my G-Natural.

I use it (in the "normal" way) with my acoustic guitar and it's really great.

What I want to do it's to use my G-Natural as a MIDI foot controller so that I can control my NI Guitar Rig ,that I use with my electric guitar. In this way I can control both my acoustic and electric guitar "just" with my G-Natural.

My problem is that I don't really know how to map the MIDI side of my G-Natural.

I connected the G-Natural's MIDI out to my Konnect24d audio interface (tc-electronics) and Guitar Rig seems to recognize it. But when I push the buttons the only thing that happens is that NI Guitar Rig "moves" between all the presets...

Any Ideas??
    Thank you very much.

Ps

I use Guitar Rig 4 and it's installed on a MacBookPro.
    read more...
    0 2,447
  • LordRiffenstein
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-09
    The pedalboard I´m building is going to be tight so before buying a Nova System, I need the exact dimensions. I know the manual has the dimensions but I want to know if these are with or without the 2 brackets at the back. I believe these can be removed so if the dimensions are WITH the brackets, this would mean I can actually fit the Nova System on my board.
    read more...
    0 1,838
    • LordRiffenstein
      rider1260 Hi

The unit is

10 1/4 in front to back including rails

10 3/4 in wide

3 1/4 high at the highest point

Hope this helps

Mike
      • December 11, 2011
  • REFAGAEM
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-08
    Do you think there is a midi compatibility with yhe Gsys?

THANKS
    0 1,298
  • ElDuce
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-07
    was wondering if i can use my axiom pro 49 as an interface with the mac editor for GM2?
    0 2,123
    • ElDuce
      TC-Mike Haven't tried the axiom, but i use M-audio's Uno and Midisport 2x2 which work great. Just give it a try and let us know how it goes.
      • December 12, 2011
    • ElDuce
      ElDuce thx.just ordered the UNO.seemed like the one to get.cheers.
      • December 13, 2011
  • ElDuce
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-07
    hi all,first post.i did a search but didn't see a helpful answer to my question

just got the GM2 and have ceriatone chupacabra.
    i ran the gm2 in the loop and noticed the amps volume control was disabled and volume was very low.

i was able to raise the volume with the front panel output control,but not a sugnificant amount.i noticed the setups in the manual were for preamp/head or combo amp options.

is there a better way to hook up my gm2 to my amp head?

what are my options and tips and tricks.

thx
    read more...
    0 1,484
  • Tahoebrian5
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-07
    Prior to the G sys input I have the following:

1) Lehle sunday driver
    2) Morley bad horsie 2 wah pedal
    3) Ernie ball volume pedal
    4) Decimator g string pedal

So.. any comments on the order? I was toying with the idea of hooking the sunday driver to my guitar strap with battery power so I can run a very short cable straight in to get my signal buffered before any long cable runs. Then I will have a 21' cable to my wah and volume as they will be up front of the stage, then another 21' cable back to my rig, to the decimator and into the G (my G brain is racked).

So my proposed signal is
    Guitar > Sunday Driver > WAH > Volume Pedal > Decimator > G in

Then run the decimator loop right before the preamp in.
    read more...
    0 2,144
    • Tahoebrian5
      CozmicDebris A wah pedal normally wants to be put directly behind the guitar.
      • December 7, 2011
    • Tahoebrian5
      Tahoebrian5 That is what I hear. The downfall is that I would have a 21' cable run prior to hitting the wah then the sunday driver. It's funny.. the wah sounds quite a bit different just with a long cable in front of it.
      • December 7, 2011
    • Tahoebrian5
      CozmicDebris Why not use a shorter cable from the guitar to the wah? You could put the sunday driver right behind the wah and then use the long cables. A better cable can also improve the sound. I am using the Sommer Cable The Spirit XXL. It's very good (but less flexible than most instrument cables) and I cannot really hear a difference between 2 and 6 meters.
      • December 7, 2011
    • Tahoebrian5
      Tahoebrian5 Technically the shorty would be better but the 21' cable allows me to move around a stage. I'm using monster cables so they are high quality. I'm going to practice tonight so will try a few things out.
      • December 8, 2011
  • slippyB
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-07
    Hi there
    am beginning to get the hang of the NS and its integration with my general setup - happy with the sounds im getting atm.
    One thing - still haven't managed to get the NS to change volume depending on my FCB1010 expression pedal - does anyone have experience with the FCB1010 specifically, or any Midi expression pedal specifically?

To be exact im using the Uno firmware on the FCB.
    I dont have the NS in front of me so might have this remembered wrongly but tried setting pedal input to 'GlVolExp' or something like that. But having fooled about with the various settings like PC details on the FCB etc still havent it working.
    I strongly suspect that it has to do with my programming of the FCB - though i do use the FCB pc editor.
    I prob missed some basic step but if anyone knows what to do in a stepwise fashion fcbpedal-volume-control-for-dummies i'd appreciate it!
    read more...
    0 2,188
    • slippyB
      kweeg 1. NS "Pedal" Menu : Set the pedal as "Exp.Glb.Vol".

2. NS "MIDI CC" Menu : check which value (0-127) is associated with "Expression Pedal".

3. On your FCB1010 : check which value is associated with your expression pedal.

They must be the same. Change one of those.

You may also need to put NS and FCB1010 on the same MIDI Channel (say 1).

And activate NS PrgChangeIn (NS "MIDI SetUp" Menu).

I don't have the FCB1010. I can't help you more than that.
      • December 7, 2011
    • slippyB
      slippyB Thanks for the reply - I think that is the way i had it...need to get my laptop into the jamspace
      • December 9, 2011
  • briggo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-07
    This is a wierd one anybody else get this or know how to fix it....

I ll try and explain this as best I can

Lets say I’m on user preset 02/1 in that preset I have the Pitch effect block “on” and set as a “doubler”

Preset 02/2 I have the Pitch effect block “on” as well and set as a ”pitch shifter”.

Now what happens if I switch from preset 02/1 to 02/2 the pitch effect block should change to the “pitch shifter” but NO it stays as “Doubler” the only way to get the effect block to change to a pitch shifter is to go to preset 02/3 were the pitch effect block is “off” then switch back to 02/2. This also happens with the mod block. Any thoughts guys ?
    read more...
    0 661
  • tleckie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-12-06
    Hi,

I just got a Nova system and have found that there is a noticeable delay when turning on the drive when I'm in pedal mode. There is no delay on any of the other pedals. Is this normal?

Cheers
    0 677
  • dougb256
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-12-06
    Hello,

I just bought the Flashback and Hall Of Fame pedals, and am now filling out the rebate form for the MojoMojo pedal. The rebate form says that I need to include (amongst other things)
    0 1,740
Go to page