Solutions

268,233 members
147,790 posts
  • Monsta-Tone
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-23
    Hey guys!
    I just got a G-Major 2. Couldn't afford a new one, so I got a used one off of ebay.
    It looks pretty much brand new.
    Did not come with a manual or original box though.

I fired it up last night. The kids were in bed, so I couldn't run it through my amp.
    I tried to do a factory reset so that I could start fresh this morning with it.

When I turn the unit off with the power button on the front, the LED's for the active effects stay on.
    When I turn the unit on with the power button on the front, sometimes the LCD screen lights up, but there are no individual LED's lit on it. Just the back-lighting.
    I left the unit like this for about 20 seconds with no results.

I turned the power conditioner switch off (with the power button on the GM2 on), and then back on.
    The unit starts up fine.

I am wondering if this is a glitch in the firmware or unit itself, or if this is the reason the guy sold it on the bay????

Anyone else have this issue?

I was able to reset factory defaults, but it took a few tries!
    read more...
    0 3,005
    • Monsta-Tone
      Monsta-Tone Well....I got a chance to try it out on Saturday. Seems like it is working well.

I did not edit any presets yet, simply scrolled through them looking for decent ones.
      • July 25, 2011
    • Monsta-Tone
      Vorphallack Same here !! Freezes after powering up the unit but it worked fine for 15 with no problem but one day all hell broke lose and i have no idea how to fix it ?
      • May 22, 2012
    • Monsta-Tone
      jonasd914 I wonder if Monsta-Tone still has the problem or had it fixed.

Mine had the problem within the first 6 months, had a mainboard swapped, and now having the same issues again, freezing, rebooting, etc. It seems that if it locks up, the front power on/off button doesn't actually turn it completely off. I have to pull the power cord and wait a few minutes and it will start up okay.
      • July 22, 2012
    • Monsta-Tone
      Monsta-Tone Wow! I forgot all about this.

My problem went away on it's own. I ended up selling the G-Major to a fellow Boogie Board member.

Now....almost exactly a year later.....I am back to the G-2.

So far, no problems at all, just great sound!
      • July 22, 2012
  • ECDRN
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-20
    I just got a new Polytune and trying to set it up to tune a half step down. When i hit the botton to change to e flat it flash's at that and then goes back to standard e. Whats up with getting it to stay at e flat??? Thanks in advance for any info.
    0 3,345
    • ECDRN
      Lowdown Wow! You posted this 1 YEAR AGO and this is the exact same issue I have!?

No one answered your question.

No one has answered mine.

What a waste of supposedly useful resource and help this forum is!

Can't ANYBODY HELP?!
      • May 4, 2012
    • ECDRN
      Lowdown Well so far,the only thing I can work out that DOES work,is that the "Polytune" mode works when you drop tune to Eb etc. but the individual notes,when tuning,will still show up as D# / Eb etc. when you have tuned down.

Stupid,when you consider my $30 tuner has this option and registers as an E etc. when I've tuned to Eb and set the tuner to likewise.

WOW! * slaps forehead *
      • May 5, 2012
    • ECDRN
      jayochs better treat that new polytune like it's your own child, as mine was babied for 2 years then just stopped working out of nowhere 5 minutes after i used it one day.
      • May 7, 2012
    • ECDRN
      PacRec

Lowdown wrote:

Well so far,the only thing I can work out that DOES work,is that the "Polytune" mode works when you drop tune to Eb etc. but the individual notes,when tuning,will still show up as D# / Eb etc. when you have tuned down.

This is normal and apears to be the way this tuner works, I wish the doccumentation was clearer on this.
      • May 8, 2012
    • ECDRN
      jezkemp Are you trying to say that

- your guitar is set to Eb/D# tuning

- so, when you play a Eb/D# note, you want the tuner to tell you you're playing an E note?
      • May 12, 2012
  • Matthewmcmillin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-19
    I've had both my Behringer FCB1010 and G-major 2 for about a year now and up until now I haven't had any problems. But recently, when I try to control my user presets and amplifier channels through the fcb1010, the user presets on the G-major 2 won't change. It happens somewhat infrequently; at random times. I've replaced my midi cables and don't really know what the problem is. Any help?

Also, I've tried to set my exp. pedals to presets on the G-major 2, but am having difficulty; I've followed the manual and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could someone provide a step by step?
    read more...
    0 4,576
    • Matthewmcmillin
      bdalchow May sound like a silly question but are you hearing the relay make and break in the back of the GMaj2? I have the G-System and I can hear the relays making etc. Wondered if they are working. Connect a cable into them and put a meter on the end to detect a circuit. Make/Break for momentary and on/off for latching. Have you tried this little test? I'm curious.

Regards - Barry
      • August 18, 2011
    • Matthewmcmillin
      bdalchow Forgot to ask if you have tried a different midi controller or use the controller to change presets on another device. Sorry I didn't read your question properly. Presume it could be the FCB1010 if the cables are OK, I've had quite a few dodgy midi cables that mass produced without being fully tested. Fingers crossed it's the midi cable, good luck.
      • August 18, 2011
    • Matthewmcmillin
      cmcblues Generally problems with the FCB and the expression pedals working with G-Major has to do with how you have the pedals programmed within your preset on the FCB. The G-Major is very simple in assigning modifiers and whatnot. Make sure when you edit your patches on the FCB that buttons 8 and/or 9 are lit up as that activates them within your patch and makes them send the midi info. You also have to select button 8 or 9 and assign the midi # you want them to control (1-127) and then the G-Major can learn them once you have them assigned. I think this makes sense lol I'm not able to do a step by step right now but if I get time later I will try and go through it if this doesn't work for you. Also are you running the FCB with our without the Uno chip?
      • August 22, 2011
    • Matthewmcmillin
      ShredZ Use the pc editor to program the fcb, it does make life a lot easier

http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm
      • February 21, 2012
    • Matthewmcmillin
      nwalstedt I'm having a similar issue. It's definitely nothing to do with the midi because it does it without it hooked up. It started off infrequent but quickly advanced to all the time. It freezes shortly after I change a preset. Did you have any luck?
      • May 7, 2012
  • danielgom3z
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-18
    I am sure I'm not alone in the world when I wish that David Gilmour makes a Toneprint for the Flashback Delay!!
    0 5,498
    • danielgom3z
      vidret Yes.
      • July 30, 2011
    • danielgom3z
      PaulAngle When are the TC cats going to give us the editor software so we can design our own prints? So far I have not been so crazy with any of the delay tone prints. I've been using one of the EP3 ones but really I tend to like my own settings on the LoFi or 2290. I do like that Huff chorus for the Corona pretty much what I would do with the editor. I am not sure what the gameplan is TC has in mind on these toneprints. Are we always going to have to wait for some name player to make one up? It is no different than having an indepth param editor on a nice multi-processor. Amazing really the params these puppies have down in there. Would make for some major coolness to to be able to mess with it. How about a user exchange board that would be pretty sweet,
      • August 26, 2011
    • danielgom3z
      Captainstrat Adding to an old thread but yes, me too! Flashback and Shaker Toneprints too, for that Dark Side of the Moon feel!
      • May 9, 2012
  • franguru54
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-15
    I bought a new RC4 footswitch for my Rebelhead 450. This one works well with the original cable.
    I like to buy another cable for plug it. What type of cable is this?
    Is it a MIDI cable?
    0 1,696
  • glennL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-12
    Hello,
    I am having trouble with the 2nd of 2 Hall of fame Reverb units I purchased today (returned the first one). Both acted the same. When first powering up they work fine, then after about 10 minutes the light goes out and the Reverb unit does not work. No amount of clicking the button turns on the reverb. It is the same when using DC power or Battery power. I've checked everything. Cables are good, battery is new (came in the box), I'm using a battery powered Fender mini tweed if that matters.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    read more...
    0 9,955
    • glennL
      glennL Anyone out there? I see 45 people have view this but no one can help?
      • July 13, 2011
    • glennL
      sundance_kiddsg sorry to hear you're having problems with your hof.

am not going to be much help as my unit, too, is acting kind of weird lately, although different from yours.

twice it won't send any signal through (i set it to buffer mode) although the light was on; i had to unplug and replug the jacks several times before it came to life again.

another time it just sent through a loud static hiss. the unplugging and replugging worked to resolve the issue.

not sure when it will next act up again.

i have the flashback, corona and vortex which have been fine.

kidd
      • July 14, 2011
    • glennL
      mattxmatt same thing happened to me too, with the hof. it works for a minute or two and then after that no amount of stepping on the switch will get it to come back to life. best i can do is let it sit for a while and then try again but obviously this isn't very realistic in terms of actually using it to gig. wondering if i should swap it for a new one or just sell it and go with something else.
      • July 28, 2011
    • glennL
      nathanbeckrules I feel like a voodoo lab PP2+ would help all of these issues. but I could be wrong.
      • November 11, 2011
    • glennL
      stratcat33511 +1

Can someone at TC confirm we wont see this weirdness when its plugged into a power supply ?

mattxmatt wrote:

same thing happened to me too, with the hof. it works for a minute or two and then after that no amount of stepping on the switch will get it to come back to life. best i can do is let it sit for a while and then try again but obviously this isn't very realistic in terms of actually using it to gig. wondering if i should swap it for a new one or just sell it and go with something else.
      • June 5, 2012
  • W4yn3
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-12
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. My question is how do you set up the G-force to read the expression pedals on the Behringer fcb 1010. I have gone through the directions in the manual but the g-force isn't picking up the midi information from the fcb 1010. Can anyone help me to set this up. Thank you.
    read more...
    0 3,623
    • W4yn3
      W4yn3 Can someone please help me with this. I'm in a bad way for it. My g-force is not receiving midi info from the exp pedals but it is from the others. It's probably something simple but I can't figure it out.
      • July 12, 2011
    • W4yn3
      W4yn3 Ok I've somehow managed to figure this out. Don't ask me how lol. But now my fcb is recalling preset 1 when I hit no.5. Is there a reason for that??? Cheers if someone can help.
      • July 12, 2011
    • W4yn3
      alenv3 Do factory reset and calibrate expression pedals on 1010...
      • August 7, 2011
    • W4yn3
      Cecè

I have the same problem, I managed to make one of the two pedals work as a general volume but I can't get the other to work as an expression to hook it to the matrix of modifiers .... the fcb 1010 has the 1.0.4 chip someone can help me to solve, with some setting that escapes me?....sorry for my english(google translate) i'm italian

• May 3, 2019
  • JahooRoisym
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-09
    Hi everyone,
    I recently purchased a lovely set of RH750 and a RS210.
    After unpacking and plugging it in I noticed it does create some rather loud ventilation noise. It constantly sounds like a poorly silenced PC (the ventilator does not go into idle mode) .

Now, I double checked on the RH450 unit I played at the store and it doesn't have the same issue - it was perfectly silent. This is rather puzzling.
    I know head amps are supposed to wentilate like that form time to time, but I would not expect such a difference between RH750 and RH450.

Anyone having the same issue? Or rather - is it an issue, or is it normal?

Thanks in advance

Jahoo
    read more...
    0 4,732
    • JahooRoisym
      peterhfi Hi,

I tried a RH750 with a RS410 in a store the other day. This unit was absolutely silent (while not playing, of course ). I'd say, your amp/fan is defective.

Best regards,

Peter
      • July 11, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      JahooRoisym Hey Peterhfi, thanks for the reply.

Are absolutely sure this was RH750 unit (not RH450)? Just asking because in the meantime I've read lots of opinions, that this difference between RH450 and RH750 is in fact normal and caused by difference in power.
      • July 12, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      Palmhead Hi,

I have a recently bought RH750 and i had the same issue you are experiencing when i first switched on . But after a minute or two the fan noise dissapeared. I didn't do anything.

I always use the unit with a relative distance from the wall.

On a different topic why did you choose the 2x10 instead of the 2x12?
      • July 13, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      JahooRoisym Hey Palmhead,

My unit is quite a distance from the wall too. The fan noise is there at all times. From what you say, this isn't normal.

As for the cab, I mostly play funky and ballads, so very fast attack, selectivness and clearness of the sound is of great importance. That is why 210 was my first choice, but as soon as I get the money I plan on buying 212, to have the most versatile set possible.
      • July 13, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      4-string Same with mine. I have never tried the RH450, so I can't compare, but I find the noise on the RH750 noisy.
      • August 10, 2011
  • chuck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-09
    Hey Laird, Can I use an insert cable with a 1/4" TRS split into 2-1/4" TS cables for my stereo set-up going to my HE-2 and then only one XLR going to the board. I want to use the left & right inputs but still only use one channel on the board, or do I have to use 2-seperate TRS cables going to the HE-2 and 2-XLR Cables going to the board whereby I'd have to use up 2 ch on the board? I really only have one ch on the board right now that I can use, but I want to use the left and right inputs.

Chuck.
    read more...
    0 7,698
    • chuck
      Laird_Williams

chuck wrote:

Hey Laird, Can I use an insert cable with a 1/4" TRS split into 2-1/4" TS cables for my stereo set-up going to my HE-2 and then only one XLR going to the board. I want to use the left & right inputs but still only use one channel on the board, or do I have to use 2-seperate TRS cables going to the HE-2 and 2-XLR Cables going to the board whereby I'd have to use up 2 ch on the board? I really only have one ch on the board right now that I can use, but I want to use the left and right inputs.

Chuck.

No - that will wreak havoc on your sound. The board would see the two signals coming in on the XLR connector and treat it as a BALANCED signal, not a STEREO signal. As such, the board would PHASE INVERT one of the two signals before combining the two - which would not sound good at all. You need a mixer if you want to mix a stereo signal down to mono.
      • July 8, 2011
    • chuck
      chuck yes,ok, so I'll just have to go mono(left input) if I only have one ch available on the mixer? In order for me to use left & right inputs is to have two seperate ch's on the mixer. I'm still waiting on my HE-2 so I'll be using a single passive DI untill then. When I do get the HE-2 ,I'll check with our soundman to see if he can provide me with the extra ch.

Chuck.
      • July 9, 2011
    • chuck
      luis16 Hello Chuck,

This my 2nd post in this forum and long time i was inactive now i am back again.

By the way,

What is HE-2? Is it sound system?
      • August 21, 2011
    • chuck
      Sabbir3223 Hi everyone.....

I'm back after long time.

interlock
      • January 27, 2013
  • Valn
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-06
    I'm having a problem with my G-Major 2. When you turn the unit on you can play it no problem, but when you want to change a preset, effect or anything the unit freezes up about 10 seconds after you change something. The sound will still come through just fine but the unit freezes up and no buttons or knobs respond. You have to switch the unit off and restert it to un freeze it. This issue occurs evertime I use it. I was just wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this problem and if so how you corrected it. Thanks
    read more...
    0 3,206
    • Valn
      lento I'd look at installing (or re-installing) the latest software to see if that cures it.

If not, contact Tc tech support.
      • July 13, 2011
    • Valn
      nwalstedt Did you have any success? I have the same issue with mine and I've tried software updates, looking for loose chips in sockets and checking for loose connections inside. It only freezes after I change the preset. It seems like a software issue to me but I don't know how to wipe and reinstall the software.
      • May 7, 2012
Go to page