Solutions

253,663 members
131,243 posts
  • DERFSANDERSON
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-30
    I have a rocktron all access and a gforce and have figured out to assign off/on switches for the effect blocks. I use several other switches on the all access to turn pedals on/off using a gcx, which will soon be a patchmate because of popping noises, and have two open switches left that I want to configure to bank up and down the user presets.

I cant figure out how to get the gforce to recognize the switches or maybe Im not realizing how to send program changes instead of cc changes. And also I dont want to use to the designated up/down switches to change the presets because I want to change pages and use the next page of switches to control several midi synths.

I know this place is like a back alley bar but hopefully one of you transients can help me.
    read more...
    0 3,811
    • DERFSANDERSON
      Vic_2014 Call Roctron Support or e-mail them, they will help you out even if the product is out of warranty.

Rocktron Technical Support | 269-968-3351 | 800-432-7625

Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST

[email protected]
      • October 6, 2014
  • ryanuk
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-29
    Hi

Few questons on Nova delay presets. I havent changed my presets in ages and have a couple of questions...

1. Storing to a given Preset from "Manual"
    The user guide mentions storing to a preset from Manual. How do you choose which preset you want to store to?

2. Trasnferring Presets
    How do you transfer a preset from one location to another (i.e. P1 to P5). I'm sure that I've done this in the past but can find any mention of it in the manual.

Any help you be welcome!!

RyUK
    read more...
    0 2,797
    • ryanuk
      kjb I'm wondering if you got an answer to #2 -

I'm scouring the forum to no avail.

Is there a way to 'Save As'? e.g. to save a preset #1 as Preset #3?

OR at least - is there a way to get the Nova Delay to display the parameters of a given preset? (so I can copy them, and re-create the preset elsewhere)
      • January 27, 2011
    • ryanuk
      tctapper The questions above never received any answers, so I thought I'd ask again.

1. Is there a way to move a preset from one location to another?

2. Is there a way to see the current settings in a preset so they can be written down and entered into another preset location?

Thanks.
      • March 22, 2012
    • ryanuk
      tonysamperi I think there's no way.

I think I'm gonna buy a FreeTheTone FT-2Y, which is the closer thing to a 2290 in-a-box.
      • May 22, 2018
    • ryanuk
      tonysamperi Crap. I didn't notice this was posted in 2012.

6 years and TC didn't think to upgrade this pedal?

I'm sick of it.
      • May 22, 2018
  • UffeK
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-28
    Hey guys,

Welcome to the closed forum.
    Here we will be able to discuss all the Amp Tweaker aspects among our group.

Looking forward to this

/U
    0 545
    • UffeK
      Vic Subscribed.
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      Musicman20 Hi chaps!
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      KJung Here I am!
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      UffeK oh my! you guys don't waste time do you

70 posts on TB and I didn't even send you any screen dumps and instructions yet - I'll have a hard time keep up here - gotta love that !

I'll have a crude Amp Tweaker manual ready for you within the next couple of days and hopefully some gear at your service shortly

/U
      • April 28, 2010
    • UffeK
      Eublet Present
      • April 28, 2010
  • jayman121
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-18
    I bought a Staccato '51 recently and it was working fine until last night on a gig.
    I plugged in my bass to tune it up and the tuner went haywire. I was getting all kinds of readings that weren't close to where they were supposed to be. The G string was coming up
    B, etc. Has anyone experienced this? I also have an RH450 and the tuner has never given me any problems. I heard there was an issue with the tuner on the '51s. A friend of mine had to go through 3 of them before he got one where the tuner worked correctly.
    Anybody else having a similar problem? Thanks.
    read more...
    0 4,092
    • jayman121
      Revolver323 The Staccato I road tested had a tuner that was rather touchy -- it would show the "in tune" circle then immediately jump to either flat or sharp. I had some success putting may active bass into passive mode, which reduced bass (and probably harmonics) going to the tuner. I Read that some other testers thought the tuner is too sensitive. don't know why if it is the same as the RH450. The other problem I had was that the tuner wasn't set to A=440 from the factory --it was at A=438. That can be rest by holding in the mute switch when powering on. So far I've seen only two online reviews of the Staccato -- mine (http://www.musicgearreview.com/article-display/3428.html) and another one that is in German.
      • July 19, 2010
    • jayman121
      rogier_nederlof Hello Jayman , I have exactly the same issue, suddenly my Staccato 51 Tuner is off key, G string was coming up as B etc.

I don't understand how this functionallity could get defect and even after doing the reset to factory default settings by holding mute while switching one the issue remains.

I'm really disappointed this and did not expect this to happen on this high level TC electronic bass amp.

Unfortunately my amp is one year out of warranty, was the issue solved in your case ?

What would you advise ?

Best regards
      • August 11, 2013
    • jayman121
      Morten

rogier.nederlof wrote:

Hello Jayman , I have exactly the same issue, suddenly my Staccato 51 Tuner is off key, G string was coming up as B etc.

I don't understand how this functionallity could get defect and even after doing the reset to factory default settings by holding mute while switching one the issue remains.

I'm really disappointed this and did not expect this to happen on this high level TC electronic bass amp.

Unfortunately my amp is one year out of warranty, was the issue solved in your case ?

What would you advise ?

Best regards

Hi Jayman and Rogier.nedelof.

I'm sorry for the hassle you are going through.

please contact our support it's not surpose to act like that.

Cheers

Morten
      • August 18, 2013
  • jemfan74
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-17
    esp for bucketbot or lloyd,
    have just purchased a carvin legacy 2 and am having real trouble getting g-sytem to switch channels on amp, am very new to midi, and was wondering if you could provide me with some step by step instructions, have read white paper and am still calling no joy

Thanks in advance
    Jemfan74
    read more...
    0 5,069
    • jemfan74
      jemfan74 sorry that second name was meant to be laird
      • April 16, 2010
    • jemfan74
      Laird_Williams

jemfan74 wrote:

esp for bucketbot or lloyd,

have just purchased a carvin legacy 2 and am having real trouble getting g-sytem to switch channels on amp, am very new to midi, and was wondering if you could provide me with some step by step instructions, have read white paper and am still calling no joy

Thanks in advance

Jemfan74

The Legacy 2 only controls channel selection via MIDI, and you only have 3 channels. A little extra setup in the beginning will go a long way toward making things easier in the future. This is not the only way to make these units work together, but it is likely to be easiest in the long run.

We are going to program the Legacy with 3 presets, one preset for each amp channel.

Legacy Preset 1 = Amp Channel 1 = MIDI Program Change 1

Legacy Preset 2 = Amp Channel 2 = MIDI Program Change 2

Legacy Preset 3 = Amp Channel 3 = MIDI Program Change 3

Then we will use the G-System's MIDI map to tell the G which MIDI Program Change number (1,2, or 3) to send for each G-System user preset. This will be logically the same as sending the channel number (since PC 1 = Amp Channel 1, etc.)

Factory presets will not change channels via MIDI using this method. If you want to use a factory preset, copy it to a user preset. I do not know why TC did not extend the MIDI program map into the factory bank - but they didn't - so there is not way to set a program change number/amp channel for the factory presets.

Initial Setup

Set the Carvin MIDI Receive Channel to 1:

Do not confuse the MIDI Receive Channel with the Amp Channel. They are two different things entirely. From the Carvin Manual:

1) Press and release all 3 channel SELECT switches on the front panel. One of the amp

channel LED’s willl be flashing.

2) Choose MIDI channel 1, 2, or 3 by pressing the 1,2 or 3 SELECT switch. The LED will flash once to confirm. Normal operation is resumed.

Set the G-System MIDI configuration to match the Carvin as follows:

1) Enter the MIDI menu (Edit->Menu->[MIDI]->Enter)

2) Set [MIDI Channel] = 1

3) Set [MIDI Program Change In] = Off

4) Set [MIDI Program Change Out] = On Map

5) Select [Program Map Reset] and hit enter to reset the program map.

Wire the MIDI signal path

1) Use a 5-pin MIDI cable to connect the G-System MIDI Out to the Legacy II MIDI In.

Program the 3 presets you need on the Carvin

1) If you have not already done so, save 3 G-System presets to user preset 00-1, 00-2, 00-3. If you already have presets there, fine. If not, ANY preset will do. You can copy B9-5 to that location, which will give you "blank slate", if you like - here is how:

a) Select patch B9-5.

b) Select Edit -> Menu -> [Preset] -> Enter

c) Use the encoder to Select "Save Preset" (something like that, maybe "store"?)

d) Use the other encoder to select preset location 00-1

e) Press Enter

You have now saved the "All Bypassed" patch to user preset location 00-1.

f) Repeat steps a-f for preset 00-2

f) Repeat steps a-f for preset 00-3

Again - you do NOT have to do this if you already have user preset loaded into these 3 locations.

2) Hold down the channel SELECT switch for amp channel 1

3) WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE PRIOR SWITCH, press the other two Channel Select switches SIMULTANEOUSLY and then release all three at the same time. The LED for the channel you picked will be flashing.

4) From the G-System, select user preset 00-1. The LED AMP LED will flash once to confirm. The amp will return to normal operations.

5) Repeat steps 2-4 for amp channel 2 with G-System Preset 00-2

6) Repeat steps 2-4 for amp channel 3 with G-System Preset 00-3

Test

1) Select G-System Preset 00-1. The amp should change to channel 1.

2) Select G-System Preset 00-2. The amp should change to channel 2.

3) Select G-System Preset 00-3. They amp should change to channel 3.

How to set an amp channel for any G-System preset

Now that you have pre-programmed the amp, and you have the amp and the G talking to each other, you can simple SET the amp channel you want to use for any G-System user preset. How? In the MIDI Preset map.

On the G-System, set the amp channel for a given G-System preset as follows:

1) Edit->Menu->[MIDI]->Enter->[Edit Program Map] -> Enter

2) Turn one encoder so that the Preset number you want to set is shown on the left side of the display.

3) Turn the other encoder so that the MIDI Program number you want to send is on the right side of the display. BECAUSE we did what we did above, this is logically the SAME as saying "turn the other encoder so that the amp channel you want to use is on the right side..."

4) Hit the edit button several times until you are back in play mode.

You CAN set the program map for presets 00-1, 00-2, 00-3 to something other than 1,2,3 now. It will not hurt - and will not change the programming we did in the amp. We just needed these values in the presets temporarily so we could do the amp programming. Now you can have them use the channels you want them to use.
      • April 17, 2010
    • jemfan74
      jemfan74 thanks very much laird, works a treat
      • April 17, 2010
    • jemfan74
      Laird_Williams

jemfan74 wrote:

thanks very much laird, works a treat

Cool
      • April 17, 2010
    • jemfan74
      tinman21

Set the G-System MIDI configuration to match the Carvin as follows:

1) Enter the MIDI menu (Edit->Menu->[MIDI]->Enter)

2) Set [MIDI Channel] = 1

3) Set [MIDI Program Change In] = Off

4) Set [MIDI Program Change Out] = On Map

5) Select [Program Map Reset] and hit enter to reset the program map.

Wire the MIDI signal path

1) Use a 5-pin MIDI cable to connect the G-System MIDI Out to the Legacy II MIDI In.

Program the 3 presets you need on the Carvin

1) If you have not already done so, save 3 G-System presets to user preset 00-1, 00-2, 00-3. If you already have presets there, fine. If not, ANY preset will do. You can copy B9-5 to that location, which will give you "blank slate", if you like - here is how:

a) Select patch B9-5.

b) Select Edit -> Menu -> [Preset] -> Enter

c) Use the encoder to Select "Save Preset" (something like that, maybe "store"?)

d) Use the other encoder to select preset location 00-1

e) Press Enter

You have now saved the "All Bypassed" patch to user preset location 00-1.

f) Repeat steps a-f for preset 00-2

f) Repeat steps a-f for preset 00-3

Again - you do NOT have to do this if you already have user preset loaded into these 3 locations.

2) Hold down the channel SELECT switch for amp channel 1

3) WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE PRIOR SWITCH, press the other two Channel Select switches SIMULTANEOUSLY and then release all three at the same time. The LED for the channel you picked will be flashing.

4) From the G-System, select user preset 00-1. The LED AMP LED will flash once to confirm. The amp will return to normal operations.

5) Repeat steps 2-4 for amp channel 2 with G-System Preset 00-2

6) Repeat steps 2-4 for amp channel 3 with G-System Preset 00-3

Test

1) Select G-System Preset 00-1. The amp should change to channel 1.

2) Select G-System Preset 00-2. The amp should change to channel 2.

3) Select G-System Preset 00-3. They amp should change to channel 3.

How to set an amp channel for any G-System preset

Now that you have pre-programmed the amp, and you have the amp and the G talking to each other, you can simple SET the amp channel you want to use for any G-System user preset. How? In the MIDI Preset map.

On the G-System, set the amp channel for a given G-System preset as follows:

1) Edit->Menu->[MIDI]->Enter->[Edit Program Map] -> Enter

2) Turn one encoder so that the Preset number you want to set is shown on the left side of the display.

3) Turn the other encoder so that the MIDI Program number you want to send is on the right side of the display. BECAUSE we did what we did above, this is logically the SAME as saying "turn the other encoder so that the amp channel you want to use is on the right side..."

4) Hit the edit button several times until you are back in play mode.

You CAN set the program map for presets 00-1, 00-2, 00-3 to something other than 1,2,3 now. It will not hurt - and will not change the programming we did in the amp. We just needed these values in the presets temporarily so we could do the amp programming. Now you can have them use the channels you want them to use.

Hi Laird. In your comments above you state to set the Gsystem to use MIDI Program Change Out=On Map but in your white paper it sounds like you recommend using MIDI Program Change Out=On.

Is the recommendation just due to Legacy II design and the way it handles MIDID?

I'm having a bugger of a time with the Legacy III, what do you recommend in its case?

Gsystem MIDI-OUT is connected to the amp MIDI-IN with a 5pin midi cable.

I followed your white paper instructions and the Legacy III manual, but cannot get the amp to change channels via a Gsystem MIDI command. But, I was successful in using CC to control the Boost on the amp

Thanks for any guidance you can offer!
      • June 30, 2013
  • Volk
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-14
    Hi there i'm new around this forum an got a question. I control my Gmajor 2 with a Roland FC200 midiboard. The Roland FC200 got one expression pedal.
    What I wan't to do is to use the expression pedal to control the volume in a few preset that I've stored in the Userbank of the Gmajor2 (For making nice swells tones). Also I want to use the expressionpedal for controlling the whammy and the diatonic pitchshifter in some other presets that I've stored in the Userbank of the G-major. Is it possible to do that with one expresionpedal. I read something about it the Mod menu but it does'nt work out and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Thanx for reply.
    read more...
    0 7,612
    • Volk
      Sandman69 You should be able to assign it to lets say MOD1 from the MOD Button Menu. Then within each respective preset assign MOD1 to a specific function. I am at work now, I am not sure if Volume is a preset by preset option. I know you can with the effects. I will look at it tonight as I try to get my FCB working, again...

I have one pedal set to do effects and whammy depending on which preset I am in. Not using it for Volume though. I have the second expression set to Global InputVolume.
      • April 14, 2010
    • Volk
      ljbarbeau sadly volume is not assignable per preset its a global variable.. I wish it was thought.. maybe next firmware upgrade? (Mike u reading this?)

Luigi
      • April 14, 2010
    • Volk
      Volk Thanx for reply. So if i'm reading this correct Luigi it's not possible to assign per preset the global in volume on the GM2 to make swell tones in a preset. But if I buy a new midi board with two expression pedals and assing one for controlling efx parameters and the other one for volume swells that must work or........?
      • April 15, 2010
    • Volk
      ljbarbeau Yep u are correct
      • April 15, 2010
    • Volk
      TC-Mike Hi Volk,

no need to buy a new midi board. The FC 200 has additional pedal inputs,

so you can just connect a second Expression pedal and assign the CC number of it

to Modifier 1-4 for realtime control of G-Major 2 parameters, while the build in pedal

controls the global level of your presets.

More infos on the CC numbers of the Pedal inputs can be found on Page 25 of the FC200

manual:

http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manuals/res/1811250/FC-200_e6.pdf
      • April 15, 2010
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2010-04-13
    Hi guys,

i uploaded 18 new Presets to our preset vault.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/g-major2presetvault.asp

enjoy,

Mike
    read more...
    0 56,475
    • TC-Mike
      Sandman69 I saw that! Thank You! Will try some of them out tonight. Been trying to make some for my new GM2.

Any of them Gilmour ish?
      • April 14, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      Benguitar Is it okay to suggest ideas for new patches here? I'm very new to patch making and I'd love to have someone professionally make a patch that I suggest-
      • April 14, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      blksolo While I do appreciate the uploaded patches,I am ASTONISHED by the LACK of patches to be found for the Gmajor2. I just sold my Pod X3 Live specifically to get a Gmajor 2. I can go to the Line 6 website and there are more than 60,000 patches for the X3 Live. Now before everyone flames me I know that 99 percent of those 60,000 are crap,that leaves 1 percent of those patches useable. Thats still 600 patches!!! And we only have 18 for the Gmajor 2??? I looked all over the web and you cant find ANY websites with patches for it. Its like selling a computer and then telling the buyer he has to write and develop his own software for it. Sure I could start developing my own patches,but since I am in a cover band I need 30 or 40 different sounds and dont have the time to program all of those. I figured I could buy the product,hop on to the website and have tons of patches to download,guess I was wrong.On the bright side this thing sounds killer!!!!
      • April 14, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike Hi guys,

while the new editor makes it very easy to program and modify patches, it totally agree that we need more of them in our vault. So if you guys made some nice patches, you'd like to share just upload them or send them my way. (Preset or Bank files)

Will upload some more of my own soon and create new ones if i have some time to spare.

Since i'm a G-system user and don't have a G-Major2 at home my own stock of G-Major 2 patches is a bit limited.

On a positive note we raised the patch count by over 400% in the last week , so consider this a kick-off. i'll try to motivate our G-Major users here at TC to contribute more patches too, so that the preset vault will hopefully grow much faster.
      • April 15, 2010
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike uploaded 5 more presets to the vault.....:

-TriTop:

Tri Chorus with added Detune in a square Room. Expression pedal blends in a Ping Pong delay

-Funky Nassau:

classic TouchWah with added Phaser, a bit of EQ boost and Reverb. lower sensitivity of TouchWah for darker tones- Expression pedal blends in 1/8th note ping pong delay

- TriChorder

detuned TriChorus sound with dark Plate Reverb

- Freeze Frame

Chorus sound with medium room. Expression Pedal blends in Reverse Delay with high Feedback for a freeze effect/pseudo Loop -

-Hard Gate Th-27

a Noise Gate Preset with the Threshold set to -27 dB
      • April 18, 2010
  • boltrecords
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-12
    Hello Everyone

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem or not, but when i first printed out some labels for my g system using sheeners template i was having a problem finding the right label. I first tried clear labels but they were too tranparent and the ink would wash off if it got wet or even if you touched it with a sweaty hand or something. I didnt want to use paper labels because they will just get dirty eventually and start to rip and look crappy.

I then saw the post for the vinyl labels that someone found. This was a great solution, but the only problem i had with these was that the ink still would scratch off if hit with your shoe or even it you just dragged your fingernail across it.

So last night i had the idea to try and seal the ink to the label. First i printed it, and cut it out completely (hole and everything).

I first tried a poly coat on it but it was too sticky and never dryed.

I then tried a can of "Rustoleum Painters Touch Matte Crystal Clear" (make sure its a spray can)

It works great. It puts a nice matte sealant over the label. The label doesnt get hard or anything. It Drys quickly and best of all you couldnt scrap the ink off the label no matter how hard you tried.

Just dont put too thick of a coat or else you get some bubbling. And make sure you use the vinyl labels because they are water proof and can handle being sprayed with the sealant.

I hope this helps those of you that have had the same problem. My labels are indestructible....(for now at least)

Later all...
    read more...
    0 20,871
    • boltrecords
      PeterDupont That's a neat trick!

I think, that the first problem is users not having Photoshop, and still needing labels. Not many, I have helped some.

I'm always ready with Pshop to help, if anyone wants it.

This thread could be the center of labels, good advice as bolt's ... and those who lend a helping hand.

Peter
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      jimbasara I will also help out with photoshop if someone needs a label.

Good tip on the spray. The solution that worked for me was to buy peel-n-stick laminating plastic from my local office supply store.
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      pauldawn what about laminating the picture and using double sided sticky or maybe a can of cellelouse laquer it will seal the picture but i dont know if it will make it go hard maybe we could get some info of a sign making shop ?
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      paulg2uk Any one got a good label for the bb pre amp but for the Andy Timmon's version?

Many Thanks

Paul
      • April 12, 2010
    • boltrecords
      jimbasara I posted a modified version here. It really needs a better photo to start with.

http://www.guitaraffair.com/g-system-button-labels.php
      • April 12, 2010
  • pacy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-04-08
    I just got my RH450 and love it .
    The only issue that I have is I want to use the digital output in my studio .
    I don't want the the RH450 to be the master word clock for the entire studio as I have a high quality word clock running all the components .
    Is there any way to have the RH450 in slave mode .
    read more...
    0 6,061
    • pacy
      rune The RH450 has to be master during recording. No way around it. As an alternative you can of course use the DI. It sounds like you already have great converters and clocking in your studio, so that setup shouldn't affect the quality much. (if at all)
      • April 8, 2010
    • pacy
      pacy Then what is the point of a digital a ouput if it is not usable in a profesional setting .

Why not put a word clock input in the amp and make it that much more versatile .
      • April 9, 2010
    • pacy
      CAW Perhaps if they ever do a proper rack-mount version of the RH450, there will be space on the panel to include a clock input.
      • April 10, 2010
    • pacy
      AGB222 Hello, I just order My RH450 With the RS410 i can't wait to received it, Any body knows how I can Hook 2 RH450 at the same time?
      • April 13, 2010
    • pacy
      CAW As per the manual, you use the insert jacks to cascade two RH450s. Connect a cable to the insert SEND jack on the master RH450 to the insert RECEIVE jack on the slave RH450. The only knob that will have any effect on the slave RH450 is the master volume knob when in this configuration.
      • April 13, 2010
  • neve1064
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-04-07
    I just bought a voice works by TC Helicon and it freezes after about 40 minutes of use. When I turn it off and then back on, the panning is hard right and the output is down to 80dbu. This consistently happens. Is there a way to fix this or is it a warranty repair issue? TIA
    read more...
    0 658
Go to page