Solutions

269,540 members
149,253 posts
  • Agent00Soul
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-08-12
    Hi everyone - I currently use and RH450 with a single RS212 cabinet. I would like to upgrade to the RH750. Can the RS212 handle the extra power or would I have to buy new speakers? Thanks!
    0 4,342
    • Agent00Soul
      4-string Use your ears (and what's between them!) and you'll be fine. Just back off the volume (and/or low eq) a bit if the cab sounds stressed.
      • August 13, 2011
    • Agent00Soul
      Agent00Soul Well sure, but I want to be able to maximize the volume without worrying about blowing the speakers. If I can't turn the volume past, say 12OClock, there's not much point in buying the head. Rephrasing the question I guess: can I crank the RH750 up with the current RS212 speakers?
      • August 22, 2011
    • Agent00Soul
      Roscoe What does 450w not do for you that you think 750w will achieve?

My suggestion would be to buy an additional 212 or 210 cabinet and give yourself both the ability to make use of the extra power and a few more tonal options.

Actually i would suggest you get the additional cab before you buy the new amp you might be surprised what difference the extra cab will make and not feel the need to buy the new amp!
      • September 18, 2011
    • Agent00Soul
      slawie No problem driving the single rs212 with the rh750. I have done so

for the past couple of months with no problems.

I have however bought a second rs212 for those much bigger gigs.

slawie
      • December 19, 2011
  • Whitey
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-08-10
    Could one of the engineers chime in perhaps? You advertise the amp as having 450 "undiluted" watts. Do you have anything to say in your defense as the amp actually produces about half of that?

http://btpub.boyd-printing.com/publication/?i=76122

Page 59 I think.

Why would a company with your reputation for quallity and innovation resort to such a gross misrepresentation of the truth in order to sell amps.
    read more...
    0 12,387
    • Whitey
    • Whitey
      darylchan everyone who owns one of these probably wants to know. myself included.
      • August 11, 2011
    • Whitey
      Headhunter Add me to the list of folks looking for some sort of explaination on this issue. I'd also like to hear from TC as to what there go forward position is on this issue. Do you plan on compensating customers for this misrepresentation.

And, while you are at it, why not come clean and let us all know what the power ratings are on your two other amps, the 750 and the Blacksmith.

I eagerly anticipate your response.

HH
      • August 23, 2011
    • Whitey
      Whitey Total BS, Uffe posts once on talkbass talking about virtual watts or some other nonsense. Not even an "I'm sorry we decieved you"

Uffe, you took physics, you don't get to redefine the "watt", and at least have the class to own up to your deception. I truly thought you would make more than just a cursory attempt to stand up to the considerable amount of scrutiny on talkbass. What you wrote without following up, is akin to a form letter, and leaves me feeling just as hollow.

How about a public appology and changing the amp's published specs to match real world units of measurements instead of ones that you made up? Offering current owners a refund wouldn't hurt either. I imagine that this falls on deaf ears as this thread has been open for quite a while with no response. And I have yet to recieve a reply to my email that I sent weeks ago.
      • August 23, 2011
    • Whitey
      Headhunter Well TC, many of us are still waiting...

Your lack of response to this thread and the talkbass thread is speaking volumes about the true corporate culture there at TC.

Have you folks bothered to connect with your vendors worldwide to discuss this issue? Are you going to "bother" changing your web site specs to reflect the true nature of your product?

Does it bother you folks in any way that continuing to present fudged numbers to both your retailers and the buying public is akin to fraud?

Many of us 2.0 owners would like to know!

HH
      • August 26, 2011
  • Thumbshifter
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-08-02
    I have a Nova Drive that I bought secondhand. It has the previous owner's presets on it and, while they're OK, I wanted to start from scratch.

Is there a master reset on the Nova Drive? Or do I just have to manually overwrite all 18 of his patches with my own?
    read more...
    0 4,265
    • Thumbshifter
      diablopro It is possible to reset the pedal to the factory presets. Just press and hold the preset encoder while powering on the pedal.

saludos !

Mauricio.
      • August 16, 2011
    • Thumbshifter
      Thumbshifter Yay! Thanks for that! I was about to give up hope that someone would know the answer. I even ACTUALLY READ THE MANUAL! (Though obviously not very well...)

Cheers!
      • August 16, 2011
    • Thumbshifter
      utterlyguitarde Sweet tip! I just used it myself. Time to shoot a video!
      • February 27, 2012
    • Thumbshifter
      Thumbshifter Nice one Scott, I'll look forward to being amazed by it as usual.

You love deleting things, don't you?

Destroyer of patches!
      • February 27, 2012
  • darylchan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-31
    I just purchased a used Classic450 on ebay but it seems to have suffered some damage between there and here. (I'm in Malaysia)

I'm wondering if there's any way I can get the nasty dent in the casing repaired, or perhaps get my hands on a replacement casing?

Any help would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 1,447
  • hootytooty
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-30
    Hi. We are a school group new to digital technology. We record choirs/ensembles/acoustic groups etc. We record via Focusrite ISA828 into Yamaha AW2400 multitrack (sometimes monitoring from D-sub analogue outs of ISA to a Yamaha o1v to headphones).

We want to include a Reverb 4000. We will work at 24bit/44.1. We have ADAT I/O facility on recorder (MY8 AT card).

We imagine sending the stereo track from AW2400 (post mixdown) to 4000 and back via ADAT (we need to check if we can come back in to a new layered version of stereo tracks or into regular tracks and re mix to stereo track for burning to CD)

Also: sending individual traks out and back again pre mixdown.

We don't expect a tutorial on 4000 or our AW2400....but can anyone offer any knowledge around our intentions??

we have yet to buy a 4000 (but there is one in cologne...and i am in colgne in 4 days!!!....my wife unfortunately does not see this as a 'sign'..)

cheers
    read more...
    0 1,003
  • Monsta-Tone
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-23
    Hey guys!
    I just got a G-Major 2. Couldn't afford a new one, so I got a used one off of ebay.
    It looks pretty much brand new.
    Did not come with a manual or original box though.

I fired it up last night. The kids were in bed, so I couldn't run it through my amp.
    I tried to do a factory reset so that I could start fresh this morning with it.

When I turn the unit off with the power button on the front, the LED's for the active effects stay on.
    When I turn the unit on with the power button on the front, sometimes the LCD screen lights up, but there are no individual LED's lit on it. Just the back-lighting.
    I left the unit like this for about 20 seconds with no results.

I turned the power conditioner switch off (with the power button on the GM2 on), and then back on.
    The unit starts up fine.

I am wondering if this is a glitch in the firmware or unit itself, or if this is the reason the guy sold it on the bay????

Anyone else have this issue?

I was able to reset factory defaults, but it took a few tries!
    read more...
    0 3,005
    • Monsta-Tone
      Monsta-Tone Well....I got a chance to try it out on Saturday. Seems like it is working well.

I did not edit any presets yet, simply scrolled through them looking for decent ones.
      • July 25, 2011
    • Monsta-Tone
      Vorphallack Same here !! Freezes after powering up the unit but it worked fine for 15 with no problem but one day all hell broke lose and i have no idea how to fix it ?
      • May 22, 2012
    • Monsta-Tone
      jonasd914 I wonder if Monsta-Tone still has the problem or had it fixed.

Mine had the problem within the first 6 months, had a mainboard swapped, and now having the same issues again, freezing, rebooting, etc. It seems that if it locks up, the front power on/off button doesn't actually turn it completely off. I have to pull the power cord and wait a few minutes and it will start up okay.
      • July 22, 2012
    • Monsta-Tone
      Monsta-Tone Wow! I forgot all about this.

My problem went away on it's own. I ended up selling the G-Major to a fellow Boogie Board member.

Now....almost exactly a year later.....I am back to the G-2.

So far, no problems at all, just great sound!
      • July 22, 2012
  • ECDRN
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-20
    I just got a new Polytune and trying to set it up to tune a half step down. When i hit the botton to change to e flat it flash's at that and then goes back to standard e. Whats up with getting it to stay at e flat??? Thanks in advance for any info.
    0 3,345
    • ECDRN
      Lowdown Wow! You posted this 1 YEAR AGO and this is the exact same issue I have!?

No one answered your question.

No one has answered mine.

What a waste of supposedly useful resource and help this forum is!

Can't ANYBODY HELP?!
      • May 4, 2012
    • ECDRN
      Lowdown Well so far,the only thing I can work out that DOES work,is that the "Polytune" mode works when you drop tune to Eb etc. but the individual notes,when tuning,will still show up as D# / Eb etc. when you have tuned down.

Stupid,when you consider my $30 tuner has this option and registers as an E etc. when I've tuned to Eb and set the tuner to likewise.

WOW! * slaps forehead *
      • May 5, 2012
    • ECDRN
      jayochs better treat that new polytune like it's your own child, as mine was babied for 2 years then just stopped working out of nowhere 5 minutes after i used it one day.
      • May 7, 2012
    • ECDRN
      PacRec

Lowdown wrote:

Well so far,the only thing I can work out that DOES work,is that the "Polytune" mode works when you drop tune to Eb etc. but the individual notes,when tuning,will still show up as D# / Eb etc. when you have tuned down.

This is normal and apears to be the way this tuner works, I wish the doccumentation was clearer on this.
      • May 8, 2012
    • ECDRN
      jezkemp Are you trying to say that

- your guitar is set to Eb/D# tuning

- so, when you play a Eb/D# note, you want the tuner to tell you you're playing an E note?
      • May 12, 2012
  • Matthewmcmillin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-19
    I've had both my Behringer FCB1010 and G-major 2 for about a year now and up until now I haven't had any problems. But recently, when I try to control my user presets and amplifier channels through the fcb1010, the user presets on the G-major 2 won't change. It happens somewhat infrequently; at random times. I've replaced my midi cables and don't really know what the problem is. Any help?

Also, I've tried to set my exp. pedals to presets on the G-major 2, but am having difficulty; I've followed the manual and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could someone provide a step by step?
    read more...
    0 4,576
    • Matthewmcmillin
      bdalchow May sound like a silly question but are you hearing the relay make and break in the back of the GMaj2? I have the G-System and I can hear the relays making etc. Wondered if they are working. Connect a cable into them and put a meter on the end to detect a circuit. Make/Break for momentary and on/off for latching. Have you tried this little test? I'm curious.

Regards - Barry
      • August 18, 2011
    • Matthewmcmillin
      bdalchow Forgot to ask if you have tried a different midi controller or use the controller to change presets on another device. Sorry I didn't read your question properly. Presume it could be the FCB1010 if the cables are OK, I've had quite a few dodgy midi cables that mass produced without being fully tested. Fingers crossed it's the midi cable, good luck.
      • August 18, 2011
    • Matthewmcmillin
      cmcblues Generally problems with the FCB and the expression pedals working with G-Major has to do with how you have the pedals programmed within your preset on the FCB. The G-Major is very simple in assigning modifiers and whatnot. Make sure when you edit your patches on the FCB that buttons 8 and/or 9 are lit up as that activates them within your patch and makes them send the midi info. You also have to select button 8 or 9 and assign the midi # you want them to control (1-127) and then the G-Major can learn them once you have them assigned. I think this makes sense lol I'm not able to do a step by step right now but if I get time later I will try and go through it if this doesn't work for you. Also are you running the FCB with our without the Uno chip?
      • August 22, 2011
    • Matthewmcmillin
      ShredZ Use the pc editor to program the fcb, it does make life a lot easier

http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm
      • February 21, 2012
    • Matthewmcmillin
      nwalstedt I'm having a similar issue. It's definitely nothing to do with the midi because it does it without it hooked up. It started off infrequent but quickly advanced to all the time. It freezes shortly after I change a preset. Did you have any luck?
      • May 7, 2012
  • danielgom3z
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-18
    I am sure I'm not alone in the world when I wish that David Gilmour makes a Toneprint for the Flashback Delay!!
    0 5,498
    • danielgom3z
      vidret Yes.
      • July 30, 2011
    • danielgom3z
      PaulAngle When are the TC cats going to give us the editor software so we can design our own prints? So far I have not been so crazy with any of the delay tone prints. I've been using one of the EP3 ones but really I tend to like my own settings on the LoFi or 2290. I do like that Huff chorus for the Corona pretty much what I would do with the editor. I am not sure what the gameplan is TC has in mind on these toneprints. Are we always going to have to wait for some name player to make one up? It is no different than having an indepth param editor on a nice multi-processor. Amazing really the params these puppies have down in there. Would make for some major coolness to to be able to mess with it. How about a user exchange board that would be pretty sweet,
      • August 26, 2011
    • danielgom3z
      Captainstrat Adding to an old thread but yes, me too! Flashback and Shaker Toneprints too, for that Dark Side of the Moon feel!
      • May 9, 2012
  • franguru54
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-15
    I bought a new RC4 footswitch for my Rebelhead 450. This one works well with the original cable.
    I like to buy another cable for plug it. What type of cable is this?
    Is it a MIDI cable?
    0 1,696
Go to page