Solutions

293,991 members
177,048 posts
  • guitarfreakrob
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-25
    Hey there again,......................

still confused......... where do you guys and dolls set the volume meaning in the drive section or the global output

lets say : overdrive gain on 25
    tone 50
    level at 0 db

now the level on the clean pach (no fx just little reverb) is much much lower

so then i go to the global output and lower the db output of the drive pach to match the clean pach.

the same thing can be done using slightly different

lets say overdrive gain on 25
    tone on 50
    LEVEL AT-25 (To make the clean match the drive in volume)
    and leave the global at zero

sooooooooooo......................

your thoughts on this please

o and merry cristmass to you all

greetzzzzzzzzzzz
    Rob
    read more...
    0 2,846
    • guitarfreakrob
      elfredoo drive section of course.
      • December 28, 2011
    • guitarfreakrob
      rider1260 Set up your clean level first !!!!!!!

THEN

Set the drives to the desired levels as you create them.

drives can be set to be a much higher level that clean ( same with compressor )
      • December 28, 2011
    • guitarfreakrob
      guitarfreakrob

elfredoo wrote:

drive section of course.

thanks for awnsering my Q.

i will change my volume settings from the global to the drive section.

but to ad to my confusion why ''ofcourse in the drive section''???????

i know i know a bit of a beginner in digital land (but loving every minute of it)

but i am not getting it at all

greetzzzzz

robert
      • December 28, 2011
    • guitarfreakrob
      guitarfreakrob can nobody shed some lights on this ????

greetzzzzz

Robert
      • January 4, 2012
    • guitarfreakrob
      Shiner The global levels will affect all your patches/presets. What you want to do is set up your global levels first, and leave them there. When you have set the global levels to match you amp and gear, you can start creating patches/presets and adjust the individual gains etc to your preference.

First you have to set up your system according to the manual by adjusting your global levels. You start by setting the the right input level for your guitar (Global input level). Then you adjust the global output of the NovaSystem to match your amp input level (Advanced properties > Output range). The global output rang is by default set to 20dbu, but if you are running your signal into a typical guitar amp you will have to reduce the global output range; depending on your amp input, try setting it to 2dbu or mayby 8 or 12. Start by setting it down to 2 dbu, and with all effects bypassed (use the "All bypas" patch/preset), compare your clean tone to the tone you get when you plug the guitar directly into the amp. A/B test and finetune the global input level and the output range until you get a tone that is as close to the tone you get by plugging the guitar directly into the amp as possible.

When you have done that, you leave the global levels as they are. Then when you create your patches, you can adjust the levels for the indivdual patches in the drive section and/or in the compressor section etc.
      • January 4, 2012
  • guitarfreakrob
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-25
    Hey good people of te nova clan,

cristmass and i am bored so i am programming all of the g systems red hots in the nova manager ( shit load of time goes in to it)
    If i am still bored after that i'm going on the gmajor 2 presets (if they are not the same didden't check yet)

soooo..................... any of you guys and dolls are using some of those???????

greetzzzzzzzzzz
    Rob
    read more...
    0 880
  • chopshop777
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-24
    I just got my nova system a few days ago so still trying to figure it out. but I was wondering do you need a G switch to turn the noise gate on and off ? or can it be done on the nova system itself ? thanks a head for your help. Cheers. ed
    0 3,888
    • chopshop777
      NBL As far as I know none of the foot switches on the NS can turn the EQ/Noise gate on and off and you can't do it with the G-switch either. Maybe you can do it with a MIDI Mouse or some kind of MIDI controller. However you can store the EQ/Noisegate settings on a preset.

Regards

Niels
      • December 24, 2011
    • chopshop777
      lifele55 NBL is right. The EQ/Gate can't be turned on and off via any footswitch BUT if you go to the MIDI CC Menu, you will see NG and I'm thinking maybe its possible if you turn it on/off via midi?

Anyone else can clarify?
      • December 30, 2011
    • chopshop777
      Aly68 You CAN turn EQ or noise gate on the fly but ONLY with external MIDI controller and ONLY with one that can sand MIDI Control Change (CC) messages. I've found out these information but still haven't find controller to do that.

MIDI Mouse and MIDI Moose can't do that because they send only MIDI Program Change (PC) messages.

So, if You don't want some big, expensive MIDI pedal or controller for only one function (like I do, want to turn on/off EQ together with distortion), only thing that remains is tc G-minor and it's discontinued.

If someone have better idea, please TELL US !!!
      • May 10, 2012
    • chopshop777
      rider1260 Noise gate and EQ changes with presets

just save with and without the paramaters you want or don't
      • May 14, 2012
    • chopshop777
      Willie941 FCB1010 could do it, it can send up to 5 midi messages with a press of a patch, PC,CC,Note on,etc.
      • June 27, 2012
  • evanhersh
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-24
    I'm using a 64 bassman , I love the G System, everything works great except I get tone suck when running my OCD and Wampler Ecstacy through the loops. Is there any work around for this problem with my configuration?
    0 6,822
    • evanhersh
      neilbunker This forum is super helpful, but you need to be more descriptive of your problem. Is it just the tone of the pedals suffering, or is the clean bypassed sound affected as well? Can you describe how the tone is different? How do you have your input gain, loop level, and loop headroom set?
      • December 24, 2011
    • evanhersh
      evanhersh Thanks for the quick response. The clean tone is fine no problems at all. I set up the G System to have the same volume level with just the boost on (all other effects, compressor etc. off) as my guitar running right into the amp.

Input sensitivity 11db

Loop level is 10 (this parameter does not seem to effect the volume or tone at all)

Loop headroom 2db

Volume 0 (placement - input)

Output level-3db

Both the gain and volume on both OD pedals drop when in the loops. I know this is do to the headroom running at 2db. If I increase the volume and gain on the pedals it helps but I'm loosing lows and mids and the overall tone is not as good. Instead of the tone being full and warm it becomes thinner and buzzy. It's not a major difference but hey tone is everything. Hope this is more helpful. Any ideas?
      • December 24, 2011
    • evanhersh
      LanBuddha Hi Evan, I share your pain, "tone is everything", I'm beginning to think the G-System is a dead end when it comes to tone. I have a Egnater Renegade, on it's own it's a great sounding amp but with the G every thing sounds generic, the cleans sound great but has no character, my telecasters just don't sound twangy. I get the thing set up sounding great then like you the OCD sounded crap, muck with the settings, get the OCD sounding right but with too much noise. Ive just retired my OCD and replaced it with a Xotic AC+ and guess what, same as the OCD. I thought I had my G sorted but the thing is your right "tone is everything" as good as the G should be it's just not. I've been playing just with my amp for the last couple of weeks and I'm going to have one last go at trying to get it sorted, read the White Paper one last time just in case I've missed something, lol and if it still sounds the same I'm giving up on it. The G is a step forward but tone wise it's two steps back and "tone is everything, tone is everything".
      • December 24, 2011
    • evanhersh
      evanhersh Lan, It sounds like you have a lot of issues with the G System, I'd give it another try. There's a lot of good advice here I'm sure there's an easy fix for your problems. I love the clean sounds that I get with the G system my guitar and amp shine through and the G system is the icing on the cake. In my case I'm limited because I don't have an fx loop in my amp and I'm unable to run a 4 cable system. But I'm searching for the work around. I don't know the specifics of your system but hang in there I think you'll be pleased with what the G system can do.
      • December 24, 2011
    • evanhersh
      Banenis Try a buffer before the g sys input. That has made all the difference to a lot of guys here. The Lehle Sunday driver is a popular choice.
      • December 24, 2011
  • dlheidemann
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-12-23
    I just got the Corona Chorus this week and I've noticed that the mini toggle switch (to swap between tri-chorus, tone print, and chorus) isn't doing anything. The pedal still takes tone prints though so I think it might be stuck somehow in tone print mode. (I also have a Vortex Flanger, and the feel of the switch between the two is completely different.)

I've updated all the firmware and such but I haven't had any luck. I think I only heard the chorus/tri-chorus ONCE before it got stuck like this. Is this a physical problem in need of repair?

HELP!
    read more...
    0 2,754
    • dlheidemann
      Briggsy I have a very similar problem with the toggle switch on a Flashback delay I bought new at the end of November. It is my only TC pedal, but the action doesn't feel good and I am not convinced it is working properly. I wonder if they have had a bad batch of switches?
      • January 8, 2012
    • dlheidemann
      dlheidemann Hmm, could be. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with an issue (although, I'm sad to hear you have an issue!)

I got in touch with TC about the issue and they've been nice enough to issue me a service return without any hassle. If you haven't already brought it up with them I suggest you do. They've been really helpful to me.

Good luck!

Briggsy wrote:

I have a very similar problem with the toggle switch on a Flashback delay I bought new at the end of November. It is my only TC pedal, but the action doesn't feel good and I am not convinced it is working properly. I wonder if they have had a bad batch of switches?
      • January 8, 2012
    • dlheidemann
      Briggsy I have sent my Flashback delay back to the retailer, hopefully for replacement, but more likely repair. I'd owned it for just over the 30 days allowed for returns. I have to say I am disappointed especially as the Flashback had the problem from new. Very disappointing quality control.

I have a Corona Chorus and I now feel like that little switch is going to break at some point.

I was going to buy a Polytune, but I ended up ordering the Hardwire equivalent because I wanted something more solid.

Hopefully my views will change but at the moment I feel like the toneprints are great pedals let down by the mechanics surrounding them.
      • January 15, 2012
    • dlheidemann
      Briggsy New replacement Flashback arrived - awesome pedal
      • February 3, 2012
  • p7wjesus
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-12-23
    Is there anyway to use the G-Switch pedal and a Volume pedal(DVP1)together? the
    amp I'm using is a Fender Princeton Chorus (2x10) with a mono and a stereo efx
    loop. I would like to use the stereo efx loop so that I can take advantqage of
    the stereo effect that sounds so great in this amp.

I normally connect this way:
    Guitar > Front of Amp > Out of Mono EFX Send > Drive INput(NOVA) > Stereo
    OUTs(NOVA) > Stero EFX Return.

I have tried usin the VP after the guitar straight to the front of amp and this
    is no good because this affects the drive section of the Nova. Is there a better
    placement/chain? To accomplish this will I have to use a different OD/Distortion
    Stomp? Should I place Wah like this:

Guitar > WAH > Front of Amp

If I use other effects that are time base where in the loop would they go? I've
    seen other Delays on pedalboards along with NOVA but do not have a good vantage
    to see the hook up. When people post pics of theie pedallboards they should also
    include a diagrahm of the EFX chain plus solutions to encountered problems. That
    would really be helpful
    read more...
    0 2,321
    • p7wjesus
      lifele55 Hmm, seeing that you're using it in Stereo, the only way you can try to run the DVP1 would be between the amps fx send before the Nova drive input but I'm not sure if that'll help much and will also definitely affect the drive section.

If you're running an Expression to control overall volume then thats simple but you can't use the G-Switch if you set it that way, I'm sure you already knew.

Another way you could try would be Guitar > Wah > Any Drive/Dist Stompbox > Amp > Mono Efx Send > DVP1 > Nova Line Input > Stereo Out > Stereo Efx Return.

I'm not sure how others are running their delay pedals but I'm currently playing around with the Superdelay and I'm placing it AFTER my Nova. Only because I'm running direct into front of amp and I'm using the drive on the Nova so I can't run the delay before it.

Guitar > Pitchblack > BYOC OD2 > Tube Zone > Nova System > Empress Superdelay > Amp

If you're using additional delays, play around with it before the Nova and after the Nova. I figured since I'm going to use reverb and modulations as well, I'd prefer to have the additional delays last in chain.
      • December 30, 2011
    • p7wjesus
      NBL I think you can use a BOSS FV-500L volumen pedal. This pedal has stereo in and out. Just place it between the NS and the stereo EFX Return on the amp. Important note, the BOSS FV-500 comes in two versions. You need the FV-500L (low impedance) version. This pedal can also be used as an expression pedal.

Regards

Niels
      • December 30, 2011
  • N_J_Crossley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-23
    Just thought I would show you my first attempt at making some labels for my nova system much like the ones you can get for the g system or the axe fx controller.

I know they are rough and look cheap but... they were! Got some magnetic paper online pretty cheap and just made the designs on word. Will make some more when I have more time but for now here they are...

read more...
    0 6,969
    • N_J_Crossley
      ikebrown Good idea!!!
      • December 23, 2011
    • N_J_Crossley
      N_J_Crossley Thanks! Makes things easier, especially as I use the detune pitch for my chorus. I think it sounds better. Going to try and make ones that look like the mxr pedals for the effects (like the evh phase etc).
      • December 24, 2011
    • N_J_Crossley
      lifele55 Nice! Came across this over at the G System forums and always thought it could be possible for the Nova as well. Good job *thumbs up*
      • December 30, 2011
    • N_J_Crossley
      ikebrown What format did you have these in and can i have a copy? the tc letters are hard to see in the dark!
      • August 27, 2013
  • flaps45
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-22
    Hello guys,

Here is my dilemma. I connect my g system to my jc120 using the 4 cable method and I have all 4 loops on my g system taken and I want to add to my pedalboard my eventides (pitchfactor and space) which I use a lot and love, now how would I do that without freeing up 2 loops on my g? Can I go in series I.e. g system->pitchfactor->space->amp loop return?

Thanks for your help always!
    read more...
    0 2,653
    • flaps45
      bucketbot

flaps45 wrote:

Hello guys,

Here is my dilemma. I connect my g system to my jc120 using the 4 cable method and I have all 4 loops on my g system taken and I want to add to my pedalboard my eventides (pitchfactor and space) which I use a lot and love, now how would I do that without freeing up 2 loops on my g? Can I go in series I.e. g system->pitchfactor->space->amp loop return?

Thanks for your help always!

You can of course put pedals in the insert loop between the Insert Send & the amp or the Insert return & the amp of your G system depending on whether you want them before or after the preamp.

Also if you wished to be able to switch them in and out you could also incorporate a Midi switchable looper such as the Lehle DLoop SGOS which would enable you to in effect have more than 4 switchable loops.

http://www.lehle.com/frameset.php?country=gb〈=en

http://www.lehle.com/products/D_Loop/Lehle_DLoop_SGoS_Manual.pdf

The D loop has 2 switchable loops which can be turned on & off by midi or using the foot switches.

I have one & it's a great piece of kit!
      • December 22, 2011
    • flaps45
      Banenis yeah you could use a midi looper but what you suggested initially is far cheaper and super simple. I use two midi pedals. A mod factor and a nova drive and at one time I had all 4 g sys loops occupied with dirt pedals so I put my two midi pedals outside of the g loops. I put the nova before the g sys input and I put the mod factor between the g sys and the amp return and it worked fine. You just need to make sure that each pedal has one preset where it is bypassed so you can call upon that preset when you don't want the pedals engaged.

Really the only downside would be that if you want to kick the effect on or off you either need access to the pedal itself (so...not racked) or you need to switch it only by preset change.
      • December 22, 2011
    • flaps45
      flaps45 Gentlemen,

Both are great suggestions, however im going to go for the simple solution which is place my 2 eventides between the g and the amp loop. I would assume i can turn both on and off with the g system via midi correct?
      • December 25, 2011
    • flaps45
      bucketbot Yeah Midi should do it but guess you may need a midi interface unless each device has a midi thru?
      • December 25, 2011
    • flaps45
      Banenis They both have midi out/thru that you can set to thru in the menus. You can't direct bypass the pedals with midi but if you save a preset on each pedal with the effect bypassed then on the g presets you don't want those effects active for, you just select the bypassed presets you created on the pedals.
      • December 25, 2011
  • guillespiers
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-22
    Hi all! I´m using the last version of Vyzor software, for the G-System. I edit and test all my effects in there!

But, ocasionally the program freezes, and I get the message: "MIDI Quest XL Stopped Working".

I think this problem is related to the "copy" "paste" functions of the program. If I "copy-paste" more than 10 effects, it´s very probable that the program will freeze. This happens in the "Bank" section, where you can see all the available and used banks.

I´m waiting for an upgrade or something! Do you guys have or had the same problem?

My PC is an AMD 6 core, 4 gigs of ram, Windows 7 64 bits, 1 terabyte of HDD.
    I also have a lot of stuff connected to the USB ports. I think my line 6 UX1 interface could be affecting Vyzor, because it also is a MIDI interface...

Thanks for any help,
    read more...
    0 3,393
    • guillespiers
      guillespiers Please, any help here?
      • December 25, 2011
    • guillespiers
      Banenis You could edit and test your fx on the g system itself instead of vyzor. Some guys have had ok luck with vyzor but I've found it frustrating and buggy so I just don't use it.
      • December 26, 2011
    • guillespiers
      bucketbot

Banenis wrote:

You could edit and test your fx on the g system itself instead of vyzor. Some guys have had ok luck with vyzor but I've found it frustrating and buggy so I just don't use it.

+1

Once you spend a little time getting the hang of it it's real easy to do everything on the G itself.
      • December 26, 2011
    • guillespiers
      guillespiers Thank you for your comments! I find really easy to use the G itself, but I find more efficient to use Vyzor within my needs.

Do you guys have the same problems? I want to know if there are conficts between Vyzor and something in my PC (I have a lot of stuff connected...), or if it´s a common problem for everyone.

It usually freezes when i´m in the "Bank" section of the program, but only when I start to copy and paste effects. Sometimes it freezes, and sometimes don´t.
      • December 26, 2011
    • guillespiers
      bucketbot Yeah I have definitely experienced the same problem you describe with the Editor.

It odes it even with nothing else connected to my Laptop.

Also I have a very High spec Dell XPS system so I am quite sure it is purely due to the buggy Vyzor software.
      • December 26, 2011
  • meemomike
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-12-22
    Hello, recently purchased a g system. Curious about using it to switch between my 3 channels on my amp. I heard it was possible, just havent found a diagram of the cable needed. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike
    0 675
Go to page