Solutions

269,534 members
149,245 posts
  • glennL
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-12
    Hello,
    I am having trouble with the 2nd of 2 Hall of fame Reverb units I purchased today (returned the first one). Both acted the same. When first powering up they work fine, then after about 10 minutes the light goes out and the Reverb unit does not work. No amount of clicking the button turns on the reverb. It is the same when using DC power or Battery power. I've checked everything. Cables are good, battery is new (came in the box), I'm using a battery powered Fender mini tweed if that matters.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    read more...
    0 9,955
    • glennL
      glennL Anyone out there? I see 45 people have view this but no one can help?
      • July 13, 2011
    • glennL
      sundance_kiddsg sorry to hear you're having problems with your hof.

am not going to be much help as my unit, too, is acting kind of weird lately, although different from yours.

twice it won't send any signal through (i set it to buffer mode) although the light was on; i had to unplug and replug the jacks several times before it came to life again.

another time it just sent through a loud static hiss. the unplugging and replugging worked to resolve the issue.

not sure when it will next act up again.

i have the flashback, corona and vortex which have been fine.

kidd
      • July 14, 2011
    • glennL
      mattxmatt same thing happened to me too, with the hof. it works for a minute or two and then after that no amount of stepping on the switch will get it to come back to life. best i can do is let it sit for a while and then try again but obviously this isn't very realistic in terms of actually using it to gig. wondering if i should swap it for a new one or just sell it and go with something else.
      • July 28, 2011
    • glennL
      nathanbeckrules I feel like a voodoo lab PP2+ would help all of these issues. but I could be wrong.
      • November 11, 2011
    • glennL
      stratcat33511 +1

Can someone at TC confirm we wont see this weirdness when its plugged into a power supply ?

mattxmatt wrote:

same thing happened to me too, with the hof. it works for a minute or two and then after that no amount of stepping on the switch will get it to come back to life. best i can do is let it sit for a while and then try again but obviously this isn't very realistic in terms of actually using it to gig. wondering if i should swap it for a new one or just sell it and go with something else.
      • June 5, 2012
  • W4yn3
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-12
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. My question is how do you set up the G-force to read the expression pedals on the Behringer fcb 1010. I have gone through the directions in the manual but the g-force isn't picking up the midi information from the fcb 1010. Can anyone help me to set this up. Thank you.
    read more...
    0 3,623
    • W4yn3
      W4yn3 Can someone please help me with this. I'm in a bad way for it. My g-force is not receiving midi info from the exp pedals but it is from the others. It's probably something simple but I can't figure it out.
      • July 12, 2011
    • W4yn3
      W4yn3 Ok I've somehow managed to figure this out. Don't ask me how lol. But now my fcb is recalling preset 1 when I hit no.5. Is there a reason for that??? Cheers if someone can help.
      • July 12, 2011
    • W4yn3
      alenv3 Do factory reset and calibrate expression pedals on 1010...
      • August 7, 2011
    • W4yn3
      Cecè

I have the same problem, I managed to make one of the two pedals work as a general volume but I can't get the other to work as an expression to hook it to the matrix of modifiers .... the fcb 1010 has the 1.0.4 chip someone can help me to solve, with some setting that escapes me?....sorry for my english(google translate) i'm italian

• May 3, 2019
  • JahooRoisym
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-09
    Hi everyone,
    I recently purchased a lovely set of RH750 and a RS210.
    After unpacking and plugging it in I noticed it does create some rather loud ventilation noise. It constantly sounds like a poorly silenced PC (the ventilator does not go into idle mode) .

Now, I double checked on the RH450 unit I played at the store and it doesn't have the same issue - it was perfectly silent. This is rather puzzling.
    I know head amps are supposed to wentilate like that form time to time, but I would not expect such a difference between RH750 and RH450.

Anyone having the same issue? Or rather - is it an issue, or is it normal?

Thanks in advance

Jahoo
    read more...
    0 4,732
    • JahooRoisym
      peterhfi Hi,

I tried a RH750 with a RS410 in a store the other day. This unit was absolutely silent (while not playing, of course ). I'd say, your amp/fan is defective.

Best regards,

Peter
      • July 11, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      JahooRoisym Hey Peterhfi, thanks for the reply.

Are absolutely sure this was RH750 unit (not RH450)? Just asking because in the meantime I've read lots of opinions, that this difference between RH450 and RH750 is in fact normal and caused by difference in power.
      • July 12, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      Palmhead Hi,

I have a recently bought RH750 and i had the same issue you are experiencing when i first switched on . But after a minute or two the fan noise dissapeared. I didn't do anything.

I always use the unit with a relative distance from the wall.

On a different topic why did you choose the 2x10 instead of the 2x12?
      • July 13, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      JahooRoisym Hey Palmhead,

My unit is quite a distance from the wall too. The fan noise is there at all times. From what you say, this isn't normal.

As for the cab, I mostly play funky and ballads, so very fast attack, selectivness and clearness of the sound is of great importance. That is why 210 was my first choice, but as soon as I get the money I plan on buying 212, to have the most versatile set possible.
      • July 13, 2011
    • JahooRoisym
      4-string Same with mine. I have never tried the RH450, so I can't compare, but I find the noise on the RH750 noisy.
      • August 10, 2011
  • chuck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-09
    Hey Laird, Can I use an insert cable with a 1/4" TRS split into 2-1/4" TS cables for my stereo set-up going to my HE-2 and then only one XLR going to the board. I want to use the left & right inputs but still only use one channel on the board, or do I have to use 2-seperate TRS cables going to the HE-2 and 2-XLR Cables going to the board whereby I'd have to use up 2 ch on the board? I really only have one ch on the board right now that I can use, but I want to use the left and right inputs.

Chuck.
    read more...
    0 7,699
    • chuck
      Laird_Williams

chuck wrote:

Hey Laird, Can I use an insert cable with a 1/4" TRS split into 2-1/4" TS cables for my stereo set-up going to my HE-2 and then only one XLR going to the board. I want to use the left & right inputs but still only use one channel on the board, or do I have to use 2-seperate TRS cables going to the HE-2 and 2-XLR Cables going to the board whereby I'd have to use up 2 ch on the board? I really only have one ch on the board right now that I can use, but I want to use the left and right inputs.

Chuck.

No - that will wreak havoc on your sound. The board would see the two signals coming in on the XLR connector and treat it as a BALANCED signal, not a STEREO signal. As such, the board would PHASE INVERT one of the two signals before combining the two - which would not sound good at all. You need a mixer if you want to mix a stereo signal down to mono.
      • July 8, 2011
    • chuck
      chuck yes,ok, so I'll just have to go mono(left input) if I only have one ch available on the mixer? In order for me to use left & right inputs is to have two seperate ch's on the mixer. I'm still waiting on my HE-2 so I'll be using a single passive DI untill then. When I do get the HE-2 ,I'll check with our soundman to see if he can provide me with the extra ch.

Chuck.
      • July 9, 2011
    • chuck
      luis16 Hello Chuck,

This my 2nd post in this forum and long time i was inactive now i am back again.

By the way,

What is HE-2? Is it sound system?
      • August 21, 2011
    • chuck
      Sabbir3223 Hi everyone.....

I'm back after long time.

interlock
      • January 27, 2013
  • Valn
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-06
    I'm having a problem with my G-Major 2. When you turn the unit on you can play it no problem, but when you want to change a preset, effect or anything the unit freezes up about 10 seconds after you change something. The sound will still come through just fine but the unit freezes up and no buttons or knobs respond. You have to switch the unit off and restert it to un freeze it. This issue occurs evertime I use it. I was just wondering if anyone else is or has experienced this problem and if so how you corrected it. Thanks
    read more...
    0 3,206
    • Valn
      lento I'd look at installing (or re-installing) the latest software to see if that cures it.

If not, contact Tc tech support.
      • July 13, 2011
    • Valn
      nwalstedt Did you have any success? I have the same issue with mine and I've tried software updates, looking for loose chips in sockets and checking for loose connections inside. It only freezes after I change the preset. It seems like a software issue to me but I don't know how to wipe and reinstall the software.
      • May 7, 2012
  • JIHC
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-05
    Escriban todo lo relacionado al Nova System en Español, ya habia escrito en el foro del G sharp, ahora sera del Nova System y que sea una referencia para los que no dominamos el ingles, gracias.
    0 19,837
    • JIHC
      JIHC EStoy pensando en comprarme un nova system, actualmente tengo un g-sharp y pues lo voy a vender, pero tambien me atrae el g major 2, pero creo que realmente le sacaraia mas provecho al nova system, alguna sugerencia, gracias.
      • July 5, 2011
    • JIHC
      JIHC Tambien aprovechando que opinan de la edicion limitada vale la pena comprarlo, bueno si alcanzas uno!!!
      • July 5, 2011
    • JIHC
      JIHC Que diferencia encuentran en la calidad de los efectos del Nova system contra el G system, por favor aporten informacion gracias.
      • July 17, 2011
    • JIHC
      danbrett Hola JIHC, tengo una NOVA. Te puedo como lo veo frente a otros pedales analogicos, pero no a otro producto de TC Electronics.

Saludos,

Dan
      • July 17, 2011
    • JIHC
      JIHC Wow, pues estaria genial toda informacion que me puedas dar, respecto a la calidad de los efectos facilidad de programacion, tu experiencia respecto al Nova, gracias!!!!
      • July 22, 2011
  • macdude1986
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-07-04
    I have an M-One that I bought from guitar center a few years ago that I'm using with my home studio. I have it wired through my mixer so that when I play music through my itunes library, I'm able to hear the different effects I want. After it's been powered on for a few minutes, it's as if the unit itself is locked up. I can't choose any effects or make any selections on the front panel. The audio meters on the left side of the screen just stay in one position and they're not moving up and down like they would if I had audio playing through it. I've already tried resetting the system parameters, but that didn't do any good. Is there a way to update the firmware for it? Am I doing something wrong?
    read more...
    0 2,196
    • macdude1986
      luisdent Did you ever resolve this? I'm having a similar issue. It starts to boot and freezes like yours. I can't reset my parameters though. I don't know if there's a hard reset? Or is it dead? That would be lame...
      • November 30, 2011
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2011-06-29
    Hi guys,

since we got a couple of questions regarding this, here is a little screencast on how to
    backup your Nova system user presets via the "Dump Bank" feature in Nova System's "Midi Setup menu". MidiOX's user interface might seem a little daunting at first for the aspiring Midi novice, but it is actually very easy to use once you know your way around.

You can download a flash video of the backup procedure here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3142621/Backing_up_presets_with_Midi_Ox_on_PC.swf

1) Download and install latest version of MidiOX. you can download it for free on www.Midiox.com

2) First thing to do after starting MidiOx is to select and setup your computer's Midi interface, so your Nova system Midi dump can be recorded in Midi OX.

-navigate to the "Midi devices" entry in the "options" menu
    - your connected Midi interface should be listed in the Midi input and output fields.
    - to select them just left click on the name, so your device name turns blue

I always like have the Midi input and output monitor window open, so you can see when and what data is transmitted, but it is not needed for the dump procedure (see video)

3) now open the "SYSEX " window from the "View" menu of MidiOX
    -this is where all preset dump related commands are handled.

4) in the sysEx View /scratchpad window click on the "SysEx" menu and select
    "Receive manual dump...
    - a little sysEX receive window will open up, indicating that MidiOX is ready to record your
    user bank dump

5) Now go to Nova System's "Midi" Setup menu and select "Dump Bank" which will send
    the settings of all your user presets to your PC. Press "menu" button to start transmission

6) You should now see MidiOX receiving data. Wait until the transmission has ended and click on "Done". this should leave you with a lot of numbers in the display window

7) Now we just need to save our preset dump: click on the "display window" of the sysEX view and select " Save as ..."

best,

Mike
    read more...
    0 10,690
    • TC-Mike
      jimsz Hi Mike, when I open up "Midi Devices" and the MIDI Out is blue but the MIDI In stays green and does not turn blue.
      • June 29, 2011
    • TC-Mike
      jimsz I couldn't really get the MIDIOX to work but I was able to download all my presets using Kweeg's NovaManager software by just making the connections and hitting the Dump Bank in the Nova. Worked great.
      • June 29, 2011
    • TC-Mike
      nighyhawk60 Hi Mike and jimsz, I think a lot of people (including myself) would appreciate a step by step for the nova manager, like the one for midiOx.
      • September 27, 2011
    • TC-Mike
      Hellesoe321 Thank you very much! Much appreciated!
      • October 15, 2013
  • tucky
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-06-28
    Hi all

Thinking about buying a G system. After reading Lairds white paper I'm not clear on whether you absolutely have to have two Ebtech He2's when using the four cable method to change your three balanced TRS cable connections to unbalanced TS connections?

Have users gotten away with using just balanced cables without the Ebtech's?

Thanks
    read more...
    0 11,039
    • tucky
      Laird_Williams

tucky wrote:

Hi all

Thinking about buying a G system. After reading Lairds white paper I'm not clear on whether you absolutely have to have two Ebtech He2's when using the four cable method to change your three balanced TRS cable connections to unbalanced TS connections?

Have users gotten away with using just balanced cables without the Ebtech's?

Thanks

Lots of folks have managed to have things work with just balanced cables.

Then again: http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=9855

It is your sound, and you have to decide whether the risk is worth the cost savings.
      • June 28, 2011
    • tucky
      Banenis I saved a little by only using 1 he-2. My rig is super quiet.
      • June 28, 2011
    • tucky
      tucky

Laird_Williams wrote:

It is your sound, and you have to decide whether the risk is worth the cost savings.

Hi Laird

Yes I actually saw that thread. Seems like it is better to be safe than sorry, since as you point out you may not know you have a ground loop until you get in a really electrically noisy environment....and then it's too late!

I saw in another thread you use ProCo balanced cables. Does buying low capacitance cables make a difference in tone and sound quality when using balanced cables? Or is that more of an issue for unbalanced leads such as your guitar to the G?
      • June 28, 2011
    • tucky
      hue53084 I do not have or use a Ebtech He2 at all in my setup. My setup is fairly simple and can be seen on the Show My G-sys Rig forum on page 24 toward the end. It has also been used from outdoor to indoor gigging. My setup has no hum issues at all. I am using just balanced cables. Just sharing the experience!
      • June 28, 2011
    • tucky
      Laird_Williams

tucky wrote:

Laird_Williams wrote:

Hi Laird

Yes I actually saw that thread. Seems like it is better to be safe than sorry, since as you point out you may not know you have a ground loop until you get in a really electrically noisy environment....and then it's too late!

I saw in another thread you use ProCo balanced cables. Does buying low capacitance cables make a difference in tone and sound quality when using balanced cables? Or is that more of an issue for unbalanced leads such as your guitar to the G?

Low-cap cables really only make a difference when the output impedance if the signal source is high. If the output impedance of the signal source is low, then cable capacitance is much less of an issue.

Also, cable capacitance is a function of its length. You'll generally see a spec in (micro/pico)Farads per foot. Capacitance of short cables (3' or under) is rarely an issue.

This is why low-cap cables can make a big difference as guitar cables. Guitar cables tend to be pretty long, and the output impedance of the guitar is typically quite high. I hasten to point out, however, that - as with many things in the electric guitar world - the theoretically ideal is sometimes not what you want. A lot of players spend $50 on low-cap guitar cables only to find that they DON'T like their tone afterward. The tone roll-off of a more-traditional cable has become part of "their sound". As such, I encourage BORROWING one and trying it out before spending the money on a low-cap guitar cable. You might love it. You might hate it.

Other audio interconnects are different.

All of the g-System Outputs and Sends are VERY low impedance, so cable capacitance is unlikely to be a factor with any reasonable-quality cable, no matter what the length is.

FX Sends on amps are a different matter - since some amps have nice low-impedance sends and some have output impedances closer to that of a guitar. If your amp has a high-impedance FX send, then you MIGHT benefit from a low-cap cable here. But there are OTHER problems with having a high output impedance on your FX send and I generally recommend buffering the send when this is the case. If you buffer the send and keep the buffer close to the amp (thus limiting the length of the cable that is connected to the high-impedance signal source), then the output of the buffer will be low enough that the capacitance of the cable going to the G-System insert return will be a non-issue, as with any other low-impedance signal source.
      • June 28, 2011
  • posa68
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-06-26
    Hi, I try to update my Nova Sys from system 1.11 to 1.2.
    I use a Mac and an M-Audio FW 410 interface.

I connect with a midi cable Midi-OUT port on M-audio to Midi-IN of Nova, then I launch update program.

It seems that Nova accept new software (all lights power-off except led display), but at the end when program says to reboot Nova I discover that Nova remain on system 1.11...
    When I reboot Nova I see black square on display for 2/3 seconds, but suddenly Nova start with old firmware.

Someone can help me? Thanks in advance...
    read more...
    0 2,618
    • posa68
      kweeg +1

I have the same. No worry at all (Windows 7 / MacOSX).
      • July 1, 2011
    • posa68
      diablopro Same thing here... Cn anybody solve it?
      • November 9, 2012
    • posa68
      jigiulio I did the same
      • August 24, 2013
Go to page