Solutions

260,013 members
138,471 posts
  • violinman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-08-28
    Hi,

I'm a violinist and recently picked up a G-Natural after trying it out at a Music store. It sounded very good with my electric violins.

Once at home, I created a few custom patches based on the factory presets. They all sounded great - in fact, after a long time I found a unit that gave me the sound I was looking for. That said, soon enough I realized the unit would randomly freeze when I changed from one user patch to another. When it froze it would cut off the sound and the only thing you could do is to yank the power cable off to restart the unit. This would happen at least 2-3 times in an hour. The unit came with 1.01 software on it.

Yesterday, I downloaded the latest software 1.04 from TC site and upgraded my unit, hoping it would fix this annoying problem once for all. The upgrade was smooth and the unit now shows 1.04 on the LCD panel when it powers up. However, the problem has become worse. Today during rehearsals it froze like 3-4 times in a span of 10 minutes, mostly when I changed a patch.

Its utterly frustrating to have to go through this.

Has anybody seen similar issues? I hope TC can fix this serious glitch with the unit.
    read more...
    0 8,675
    • violinman
      TC-Mike Hi Violinman,

please get in touch with our tech support. This sounds like a potential hardware issue and my colleagues will advice you how to proceed...

http://support.tcelectronic.com/anonymous_requests/new
      • September 26, 2011
    • violinman
      MickOS Hello Violinman.

I have exactly the same problem with my just new bought advice. What did your problem turn out to be ? was it solved and how ? for a short answer I would be very thankful.

MickOS
      • June 30, 2013
    • violinman
      MickOS One more comment on the T.C. G - Natural:

there are 2 things that me as an End user of your product would like to have changed in the forward - development of the GNat. (maybe in the next firmware update ? ) I would like to have the input level setting of my different guitars that I need to use live, storeabale in each preset not only in the utility setup, because in fact if u use different instruments they have different levels. Or do you think I should buy one device for every guitar ?

The other thing that is totally silly is: you can use the button for boost or tap delay only for one function for all presets. It should be flexibel. you should be able to store this function for each preset. because sometimes i need tap delay on stage, and sometimes I need Boost. That´s why I thought I spend 600.- € for a box, that can do everything I need live. I hope this Input from a living End User of your, apart from that, really nice G Natural box, helps to progress the evolution of the device. With Kind regards MickOS
      • June 30, 2013
    • violinman
      violinman

MickOS wrote:

Hello Violinman.

I have exactly the same problem with my just new bought advice. What did your problem turn out to be ? was it solved and how ? for a short answer I would be very thankful.

MickOS

Hi MickOS,

If you're having the same problem, tough luck. It's mostly a hardware problem (bad memory chip). If its under warranty in your country, you may be able to get it exchanged if you're lucky.

I could never get it replaced as these units do not carry an international warranty, which is a bummer really. It's still lying somewhere in my house, never could use it in gigs.

For all the goodness of this unit, I still cannot understand how can a company like TC release products without adequately testing them. Fair enough, electronics can go wrong, but within a couple of days?! that too for a unit that costs $600+.

I finally gave up on TC to fix this, and put this unit in cold storage.

Bad investment
      • June 30, 2013
    • violinman
      Ulysses42

MickOS wrote:

One more comment on the T.C. G - Natural:

there are 2 things that me as an End user of your product would like to have changed in the forward - development of the GNat. (maybe in the next firmware update ? ) I would like to have the input level setting of my different guitars that I need to use live, storeabale in each preset not only in the utility setup, because in fact if u use different instruments they have different levels. Or do you think I should buy one device for every guitar ?

The other thing that is totally silly is: you can use the button for boost or tap delay only for one function for all presets. It should be flexibel. you should be able to store this function for each preset. because sometimes i need tap delay on stage, and sometimes I need Boost. That´s why I thought I spend 600.- € for a box, that can do everything I need live. I hope this Input from a living End User of your, apart from that, really nice G Natural box, helps to progress the evolution of the device. With Kind regards MickOS

Amen to the second paragraph! I thought the exact same thing. Can't a software update allow at least storage for presets of boost or tap tempo? I don't understand why one button needed to serve three functions. The third preset selector could easily have been used to split up boost from tap tempo IMHO.
      • March 5, 2014
  • Madskillz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-08-22
    I am trying to obtain a schematic for this piece it would be great if I could be sent one.

Also, what years were these manufactured from?

I have one with serial no.

I want to know more about these Danish units, thanks.
    read more...
    0 1,330
  • mrjbergstrom
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-08-18
    Hiya! I'm new to this forum so this will be my first post.

I'm thinking about buying the G-Major 2, but I don't really know how to connect it all up

I'm also wondering if I need a midi control system or if I just can use the G-Major 2 with a midi floor switch control and still being able to switch in between channels and effects with one pedal board instead of using the JSX pedal switcher as well.
    read more...
    0 2,260
    • mrjbergstrom
      Dorian I do it all with a FCB1010. I got a second JSX cable, cut off one end of the cable and I soldered it to a TRS 1/4 jack. It leaves the JSX FX loop on all the time, but I can change the channels clean/crunch/lead with no problems. I know I posted it in this forum before
      • August 23, 2010
    • mrjbergstrom
      Gibsonjsx I use the g-lab gsc foot controller.they also make a cable that connects the foot controller to the amp.with this setup you can switch amp channels and g major presets with just pressing 1button.contact www.tour supply.com and they will get you setup.plus,there customer service is the best.they build rigs for the big wigs and guys like us. Good luck.
      • March 19, 2013
  • john2910
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-08-13
    Hello there,

I cant get the channel switching from my amp to get to work.(they are clean,crunch, lead,effect loop on/off)

Its connected via midi.

Does anybody know how?
    0 10,198
    • john2910
      Laird_Williams

john2910 wrote:

Hello there,

I cant get the channel switching from my amp to get to work.(they are clean,crunch, lead,effect loop on/off)

Its connected via midi.

Does anybody know how?

I see no evidence in the product literature or the manual that the 333XL is MIDI-controlled. It has a 7-pin connector, which some MIDI footswitches use. But lots of other things that are NOT MIDI use 7-pin connectors too.

You will need to find out, from Bugera, how that connector works. If it is a relay/switch connector, then you may be able to get the pinout from Bugera. If it turns out to BE a MIDI switch (unlikely - but still possible), then you need to know what MIDI channel the amp is listening on.
      • August 13, 2010
    • john2910
      john2910 Hello thx for the reply,

If its not midi could i still use the relay,and with what kind off cable i must have then?

Best regards
      • August 13, 2010
    • john2910
      john2910 Ps i found out that its not midi,so is it possible to go from the output jack from the g major to the (midi) in from the bugera with some kind of cable?
      • August 13, 2010
    • john2910
      guitarded You will still need the pin-out from the manufacturer of your amp.

It could be possible then to fashion a cable(if a MIDI cable fits the slot) to operate the switching by

splicing a stereo RTS down to a midi plug...

it will take lots of trial and error but it could, in theory, work

good luck!
      • August 20, 2010
    • john2910
      john2910 Thx for the reply,

A pitty,i cant do that.

I am not that handy!
      • August 24, 2010
  • manny0108
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-08-03
    Sorry if a post / comm. already exists but i'm a french user and i don't really know how to use forums ...!

So, my question's easy ! I just bought a Nova System and a Behringer FCV 100 to control effects or parameters (like whammy ...!!).

Now, 2 weeks have passed and .. i don't resolve problem : FCV100 can't command anything ! I search on websites, forums in Europe and now ... it's last chance for me to find ONE information which save me !

So ... i prey !

Many thanks.
    read more...
    0 3,901
    • manny0108
      TC-Mike Hi Manny,

the Nova System works best with Expression pedals and Volume pedals like the FCV are not recommended.

What parameter have you selected in the pedal menu? ( please note that you have to press "menu" button for confirmation after selecting a Fx parameter to be controlled via pedal)
      • August 11, 2010
    • manny0108
      manny0108 Hi Mike!

I've resolved problem and now, FcV's working perfectly. Just use a single mono jack cable in #1 input. So, these exp/vol pedal's fully recommanded !!

Low price but high services!!

Many thanks Mine.

Kind regards.
      • August 16, 2010
    • manny0108
      RAF2312 Hi.

I buy a behringer FCV100 and i don't have command the Nova System....

So... Not Recommended.
      • November 23, 2016
  • ursus
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-08-01
    I know I can chain 2 Staccatos together for increasing the output. On my EBS there is a line out for this purpose but I can´t get it to work with my Staccato. Is there anybody who knows how to connect a EBS HD 350 to a Staccato for increasing the output?
    read more...
    0 5,732
    • ursus
      CAW You need to connect the line out of the EBS to the effects return input on the Staccato. The only control that will then work on the Staccato is the master volume knob.
      • August 1, 2010
    • ursus
      MidnightHourBas Using Staccato 51 and 2xRS210 - Sadowsky NYC 5 PJ configuration

Looking for suggestions on how I can increase presence (specifically for the G string .45 gauge).

From B to D I get amazing tonal clarity, punch, and definition; however notes played on the G are very thin, and faint. If I snap the note, it comes through fairly even with the other strings, but still lower in volume.

I have check sting to pick-up spacing on the bass and its a perfect 3/32.

Any ideas or settings I can try would be much appreciated.
      • January 16, 2011
    • ursus
      CBrown Assuming there is nothing wrong with the bass, I would suggest starting from scratch with your EQ and gain. Set the master volume on the S51 to max and the gain to zero with EQ flat and no TubeDrive or compression. Turn your Sadowsky volume to full and the bass and treble to zero with the passive tone to full. Now figure out how loud you need to be by turning the S51 gain to the level you need. This may not be your ideal tone but it will establish the volume you need. Next, try lowering the frequencies you don't like rather than boosting the ones you do. A little boost in the low end is fine, but too much can make the lower-tuned and more massive B E and A strings overwhelm the poor little G string. I've noticed that the tone I love when I'm alone is never the tone that works in a band or recording mix situation. Midrange is usually what suffers the most in a live situation, so I wouldn't lower too much of that. The G string has less mass and,therefore, less volume on most basses. So concentrate on finding the most appropriate mid to low-mid frequencies to maintain the balance on your bass.

Also, fresh strings usually helps the G speak clearly.

Hope this helps.
      • January 18, 2011
    • ursus
      MidnightHourBas Thanks Chuck. I did reset the EQ settings, and started from scratch.

I can definitely hear a lot more string when rolling off the tube tone, and compression.

Ultimately I set the bass frequency as low as it would go, mid hi freq to to @3 o'clock, and hi freq as high as it would go; from there I rolled the bass down 4 clicks, and turned up the mid hi 4clicks, mid bass 2 clicks, and hi rolled down 4 clicks.

I noticed extreme tone change from string to string. Using headphones the highs seem a lot more present, and clear. I then went back and added a small amount of compression, and set tube tone to 1 o'clock, with intensity set to zero.

The tone still gives a very nice punch, but with a lot more highs, clear and defined.

Still need to hear it in a live setting, but over all I'm very pleased with what I was able to accomplish with some tweaking.

PS. I agree, regarding new strings, and have them on order.

Cheers!
      • January 19, 2011
  • mwbhm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-08-01
    I play a fair bit of Queen music and have managed to create presets for some more obvious tracks but wondered if anyone has any ideas for things like the harmoniser solo in the live version of Get Down Make Love (I believe it was an Eventide unit used at the time but I am assuming the G-system is more advanced and can pull of the same?).

The other tricky one is the weird sound effects in the live version of Another One Bites The Dust - it seems similar to the effect used on Steve Vai's Alien Water Kiss.
    read more...
    0 10,963
    • mwbhm
      Frankieboy Can you post the youtube link, for the specific live version, so that I have an idea what it sounds like.

thanks,

Frank
      • July 31, 2010
    • mwbhm
    • mwbhm
      Frankieboy I have given it a try, you can download the preset at:

http://tcgpage.com/index.php?topic=185.0

Please note that i've created the preset with a mono setup (so ignore the settings for voice 2 of the pitch shifter in case you play stereo)

To get the effect for another one bites the dust just strum your strings while muting them with your left hand.

Let me know what you think of it.

regards,

Frank
      • August 7, 2010
    • mwbhm
      elfredoo i think the synth sounds are coming from tape... the last part of "get down...." is made with a pitch shifter algorithm like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2m-5n7SPA&fmt=18 (from 00:45 on)
      • August 8, 2010
    • mwbhm
      mwbhm @Frankieboy

Many thanks for this I can't test this out for of few days but I'm looking forward to trying it. I use a three amp setup with the centre dry and the G-System adding effects to the left and right amps. Let me know what I should change for this.

@elfredoo

I'm not sure which song you mean with the synth sounds?

I know Queen didn't use Synths until 1980 so the performances of Get Down Make Love before this must just have been the Eventide harmoniser - unless of course there were backing tapes involved as well.

With Another One Bites The Dust there are definitely synths involved but the guitar also uses an effect that does sound a fair bit like the one you linked to. I know it is called either a "step" or "climb" effect and must be from either a TC G-Force or Rocktron Interflex unit.

I'm hoping the G-system can do something reasonably similar.
      • August 8, 2010
  • edoates
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-07-31
    I just got one of these wireless guitar units from Line 6 and wanted to report that it works exceedingly well with the G-System!

Guitar -> Relay G30 ...wireless...G30 Receiver -> G-System input, then 4 wire to Marshall JVM410H, with Klon Centaur, Butler Tube Driver, Backlund "Brown Sound", and PSA-1 SansAmp in the loops.

The stereo outs from the G-Sys directly to ProTools for recording; for live, mono back to the Marshall (or I use my Nova System).

Since the guitar goes directly to the G30, it acts as a buffer and ground loop isolator! The signal is pristine (with G30 simulations of zero, 5 meter, or 25 meter cables which progressively cut highs a bit, just like a real cable). The G30 is compact: the transmitter goes on my guitar strap connected via a short (.5 meter) standard guitar cable to the guitar.

THe G50 / 90 both use a special connector (guitar 1/4" on one end, 4 connector on the other. Why? I don't know).

Eddie O
    read more...
    0 11,802
    • edoates
      paulg2uk I have the g50 myself and was really impressed on how good it was. It doesn't colour your tone in anyway and works great with the g system. My bass player didn't even noticed I ha a wireless until we had a break and I took the wireless off my strap.

Overall though great wireless I would recommend it to anyone.

Paul
      • August 1, 2010
    • edoates
      victim5150 I have the G50 as well and really like it. Sounds like I'm using my regular cable and works great with the G-Sytem.
      • August 2, 2010
    • edoates
      edoates The only downside of the G30 (and it's microphone companion the XD-V30) is that they are both 6 channel units and the channels are the same for both. So if you decide to go completely wireless for both guitars/bass and microphones, you need to get the more expensive G50/90 or XD-V50/90) to have enough channels. Line 6 should make the "30" series in two flavors, one for each 6 channel group. There may be reasons to get the 50 series: metal chassis, couple more indicators, or the G90: rack mount, even more indicators. For the mic series, the mic type changes when you go to the 50/90.

But even the "50" series is 100 to 150 USD MORE than the 30's. And if I'm not a serious pro, don't need more than 100' (30 meters) range, then the plastic housings are OK, and the 30 is all I need.

Eddie O
      • August 3, 2010
    • edoates
      EROCK77 I agree with the sound quality HOWEVER for ease of use this unit does not work when running of the g system 9 volt supply.. sad i bought this unit because it ran of 9v and was listed as "pedal powered" ie some 9 volt power distro, but the unit needs 300 ma and the g system is max 200ma or 4x50ma

just a heads up..
      • July 10, 2011
    • edoates
      reycantong Been using the G30 for almost a year now with my G-System and it never fails me. Pristine sound all the way.
      • July 11, 2011
  • NOAH
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-07-25
    After someone messed with the settings, my m-one wont pick up the midi connection from an RFX mp1288 midiwizard controller. I dont know how to set up the midi connection at all. Can any one help me please?
    The midi light on the m-one does not light when pads are pressed anymore.
    Also im trying to set the m-one to change the effect it plays out every time a diffrent pad is pressed on the mp1228. This can't be as complicated as it seems to me. I could really use some advise. Thanks Yall!
    read more...
    0 680
  • JOCK
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-07-21
    Can anyone please help.
    I have C400XL Compressor and i want to connect to to the(GLOBAL INSERTS) Left and Right Mix Inserts On My Spirit SX Desk,this way the C400XL will compress the mix on all the channels on my desk.
    The C400XL is a dual engine processor so i want it to COMPRESS the Global Mix First and Then Use The LIMITER Function On The C400XL to Limit The Global Mix.
    I dont know what inputs and/or outputs to use from the C400XL to the Global Left and Right Mix Inserts On The Spirit SX Mixing Desk.
    Also what cables would i use.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Best Regards
    Jock
    read more...
    0 863
Go to page