Solutions

268,845 members
148,481 posts
  • Neoland
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-10
    Ok guys, I read the manual, watched the videos, read the forum etc etc.

Still I wondered what exactly happens when I overdrive the input of my RH 450. Ok, the light blinks that it's distorting, but actually it doesn't sound that bad in my ears.

Can you actually damage your amp doing that, or is the advice ("when the overload light comes on go two clicks back") just soundwise.
    read more...
    0 3,621
    • Neoland
      Neoland Hello...hello.....hello, anybody out there?
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      joeglow If you use too much gain then the indicator will blink but if it stays on steady then you're overloading the gain circuit. I'm no engineer or electronics wizard but I'd say not only will your sound be compromised but there could be a cut out in performance. Perhaps a fail safe so you don't blow the curcuit board is a shutdown of the processing.
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      Neoland Hi Joeglow, thanks for your reaction, but did you experience such a cut out yourself, or do you assume it could happen.

Like I said, the sound itself doesn't sound compromised to me.

Maybe someone from TC can shed some light?
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      joeglow No I've never had a cut off of sound but I can only assume it is a fail safe so it doesn't happen. I'd love it if there was a TC bass know it all on board here. It would be great to get an official word on certain things.
      • April 22, 2011
  • JH
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-04-07
    Hi,
    Im a Jazz and Acoustic Pop double bassist and i need to buy a new rig.
    Did anyone try this Staccato 51 to amplify a doublebass with a Realist pickup?
    What would be the best speaker choice? 2X10 or 2X12 ?
    I'm kind of confused please help
    cheers!
    read more...
    0 2,723
    • JH
      thereturnfc u should take ur bass and try it in the store...if u asked me....

probably 2x12 and 2x10 should be enough...unless u go for 4x10 and 2x12....which is pretty massive
      • April 7, 2011
    • JH
      JH Yap I Should try it but I live in Portugal and they don´t have that one here now....
      • April 7, 2011
  • Peteriffic
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-04-04
    Hello,

I have a ND-1, and there is a problem whenever I power it up.

Upon turning the power on, the preset LED lights up and blinks every second or so. This is the only LED functioning, and the rest of the pedal does not work. Sound does not come through either. I unplug the ND-1 from the supply and replug it in, and it usually powers up fine once I replug it, but it takes a few tries sometime.

It is being powered by a 9V power supply which powers a TS-808 and a Poly Tune. The pedals are hooked up in parallel (that is, the power supply isn't isolated).

I can upload a video later today.
    read more...
    0 5,147
    • Peteriffic
      Laird_Williams

Peteriffic wrote:

Hello,

I have a ND-1, and there is a problem whenever I power it up.

Upon turning the power on, the preset LED lights up and blinks every second or so. This is the only LED functioning, and the rest of the pedal does not work. Sound does not come through either. I unplug the ND-1 from the supply and replug it in, and it usually powers up fine once I replug it, but it takes a few tries sometime.

It is being powered by a 9V power supply which powers a TS-808 and a Poly Tune. The pedals are hooked up in parallel (that is, the power supply isn't isolated).

I can upload a video later today.

Sounds like the supply is not providing enough power. (guess - not certain)

While you MIGHT be able to run the Nova Delay on a 9V supply, the specs call for a 12V supply at 300ma. For you to have any hope of running off a 9V supply (and it would ONLY be a hope), you would need to use a REGULATED 9v supply with enough current to make up for the lower voltage - and even then it might not work. A rough estimate would be 400ma for the Nova Delay plus 45ma for the PolyTune plus whatever the TS808 needs.

The best thing to do, however, would be to run the Nova Delay off a 12V supply that provides at least 300ma.
      • April 4, 2011
    • Peteriffic
      Peteriffic The Nova runs perfectly fine at 9v, it just has less "headroom".

The reason I don't run it off it's 12V supply is because that supply is noisy.

My supply is well regulated and has more than enough current, 3a.

The problem also occurs with the stock power supply as well.
      • April 4, 2011
    • Peteriffic
      Laird_Williams

Peteriffic wrote:

The Nova runs perfectly fine at 9v, it just has less "headroom".

The reason I don't run it off it's 12V supply is because that supply is noisy.

My supply is well regulated and has more than enough current, 3a.

The problem also occurs with the stock power supply as well.

Aaah - well you left that little detail out, didn't you

Sounds like you need a call/e-mail to TC Support.
      • April 4, 2011
    • Peteriffic
      youngmic Were you ever able to determine the reason for this behavior. Mine is doing the same thing.
      • July 6, 2012
  • LesPaul667
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-04-02
    Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, and I hope it's not annoying to anyone.

I've bought the Polytune, and quite frankly, it's useless in my application. The tuner is used with a high gain amp, and the noise level while tuning, is a real head turner, and quite unprofessional. Happens with either battery or AC adapter.

Please, is there any hope for a software fix, or some kind of update? This was the accurate tuner I've dreamed about for years, and now in real use, it's useless. I need it to be inline and mute my signal.

Anyone?

Thanks!
    read more...
    0 4,129
    • LesPaul667
    • LesPaul667
      PaulAngle The best way to use a tuner is put it in a dead end bypass loop or feed it from a spare output like a dry out you are not using. For me a tuner is just another box to have in chain which I do not need. I feed mine off the dry out from my Whammy pedal when I have it on the board.
      • April 26, 2011
    • LesPaul667
      HGH WOW! Your questions are from 2011. This is 2014. I hope there is an answer for this one by now- I have a Polytune mini. I power my chain with a Visualsound 1spot. I have put the tuner at the very beginning of the chain and at the end of the
      • May 25, 2014
    • LesPaul667
      HGH CONTINUING - "tuner" jack of my VP Jr. Wherever I put it, it sends signal through the system that sounds like thunder. Very annoying and unacceptable. Is there a remedy to this problem or do I have a defective pedal?
      • May 25, 2014
  • LanBuddha
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-01
    I was talking to Bruce Egnater and the G-System came up and was informed that hidden inside the Renegade is a 15dB push switch for the loop, the amp's ship with the switch in the down position but when using the amp with the G he said I might get better results with the switch in the up position. He was right, the renegade is now silent even with my OCD pedal Boosted into screaming.

read more...
    0 29,880
    • LanBuddha
      TheFullNelsons Thanks for the info.... how much did you have to change the G system config after you changed this switch ( input, output, loop headroom etc ) so far I have found that the renegade and the G system have behaved very nicely together ( I have an OCD, Riot, Nova drive and BB Pre in the loops).

I see that factory setting down = low so does that mean the up position is a hotter setting or does it mean it pads down a hotter signal?

I am really very pleased with how things sound now but alway looking for that little change that will make things even better
      • April 1, 2011
    • LanBuddha
      LanBuddha It's hotter, I had to drop the G's output level to -3dB. The loop levels are 7dB and 2dB headroom. I was having a problem with my overdrives, the OCD had a buzz that I thought was a ground loop and when I had everything set to stop the buzz my Keeley DS-1 would sound terrible, I think the DS-1 could not cope with my best settings with my other pedals. They are 100% in sync now. I keep the OCD level low and boost the signal with a Atomic Boost to get a Gilmour lead tone, that could get a little noisy but not anymore. I had the amp on and out of the case and the difference in the noise level as you switch between the 2 settings is really quite startling.

----------------NEW BIT----------------

I also use a Valvulator as a buffer before the G and have found that If you change the stock ECC83 valve for a ECC81 you get less gain and a more linear signal out of the Valvulator that works better with the G.The OCD has been replaced with a OKKO Diablo and my TC Vintage Tube Primer, replaced by a Xotic AC+. I use the Rothwell Heartbreaker as a lead boost to give more punch in solos, and together with the Jam Red Muck to get a spectacular Gilmour Wall tone.

• April 1, 2011
    • LanBuddha
      bdalchow Blimey -8db on output, thats some difference, that amp has been well designed, who would of thought of that and how did you discover it? Looks like your tinkering has paid off and to get silence is alway a rewarding prize. I'm afraid my volume pedal has to be used to get silence between songs. Decimator could be my new purchase unless there is a magic switch in the JMP1, but I very much doubt it I'm playing stereo and wish my noise would be less of a nuisance.
      • April 4, 2011
    • LanBuddha
      TheFullNelsons Hey Lan Buddha.... We have a very similar setup and I just ordered a sunday driver for my rig. I was wondering if you could let me know what levels you ended up with for the GS ( Loop Headroom, Input, Output, Loop switch position, etc ) and how you set up the Sunday Driver levels with your rig.

I appreciate the help

D.
      • January 7, 2012
    • LanBuddha
      bucketbot

TheFullNelsons wrote:

Hey Lan Buddha.... We have a very similar setup and I just ordered a sunday driver for my rig. I was wondering if you could let me know what levels you ended up with for the GS ( Loop Headroom, Input, Output, Loop switch position, etc ) and how you set up the Sunday Driver levels with your rig.

I appreciate the help

D.

For what it's worth for my rig I ended up with Global levels as follows:

GLOBAL:

INPUT GAIN 0dB

LOOP LVL 0dB

LOOP HEAD 2dB

VOL 0dB

OUTLEV 0dB

VOL POSINPUT

VOL. MASTERGLOBAL

EXP. MASTERPRESET

I have the gain control on my Sunday driver set between 9 & 12 Oclock depending on the Gutar.

Like this I have no real detectable tone loss compared to Guitar-Cable-Amp.

Here's my rig.

I run in stereo & with a Mesa Mark V in the insert Loop & I now use a Legacy 1 (Right G Output into the loop return) for my Right Channel.

I was prev using one of my my X100B's for the other channel but I found the Legacy 1 works better as the 2nd head.

• January 8, 2012
  • BERNARDINI
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-03-31
    hi,
    i´d been using tc products for many years, recently i changed my dtwo unit, instead for a new g major 2, but i am litlle bit confused about the reliatibity of the unit...
    i made a preset with delay,mod and filter( wha filter), but only with this preset, in serial2 mode( just for the modulation), when i change from main sound( diezel herbert ch3 without loop engaged) to this preset..( diezel ch1 with loop engaged) a loud pop noise occurs, and is very loud....

this issue only happens when i run the rig up for the first time, when i change after this, never happen again. its like something discharge inside.
    if i aput off the filter block...everything is ok.
    i tried a g major 1 , and its ok, and with the dtwo everything is ok....

any help?

best
    read more...
    0 3,434
    • BERNARDINI
      davidf556 I have the very same issue, no solution yet found
      • December 8, 2012
    • BERNARDINI
      michael7695 I too have experience this problem. It had been awhile, but noticed it again recently.
      • December 13, 2012
    • BERNARDINI
      MikeB just wandering if anyone solved this one!

i get random popping sounds like on/off thump coming through my speakers..

regards

Mike B
      • June 30, 2014
  • Spudmurphy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-03-29
    I posted earlier today the fact that I had bought a Delay Flash back pedal.
    I bought it whilst working here in Liverpool and I'm now back at the hotel.
    I've downloaded the Steve Morse Toneprint, connected my delay to my laptop and tried uploading the 'print.
    The interface says to connect the pedal - well it is connected?

Yesterday when I bought it I asked to try it out. The pedal had a fresh battery still in it's wrapper and it was unwrapped and connected. Disappointingly, the battery gave up after literally 2 - 3 minutes ???

So my question is - if the battery is dead, and the pedal is connected via USB, does it mean that I cannot upload a patch because the battery is flat. A quick response would be appreciated as if it is deefective I can take it back to the shop before I go home.
    Cheers
    Spud
    read more...
    0 19,176
    • Spudmurphy
      Mel Not too many have the new pedals yet, myself included, but frankly, I'd be surprised if it did work with a dead battery.
      • March 29, 2011
    • Spudmurphy
      Spudmurphy

Mel wrote:

Not too many have the new pedals yet, myself included, but frankly, I'd be surprised if it did work with a dead battery.

If I can get a fresh battery I'll try it out.
      • March 29, 2011
    • Spudmurphy
      Laird_Williams

Spudmurphy wrote:

Mel wrote:

Not too many have the new pedals yet, myself included, but frankly, I'd be surprised if it did work with a dead battery.

If I can get a fresh battery I'll try it out.

As a general rule, doing USB updates and such off a battery is ill-advised for ANY device of any kind, be it a camera, FX pedal, or whatever. Do yourself a favor and use a 9v adapter for your pedal when connecting it to the computer. You'll be happier.
      • March 29, 2011
    • Spudmurphy
      pungeon i got one today and the battery stopped working after a few minutes. however, the battery is not dead, it still powers other pedals. the flashback is working well with a one spot adapter but i'm definitely going to want to use it with batteries as well. i'm a little worried about this situation.
      • April 1, 2011
    • Spudmurphy
      pungeon and after reading tgp i see that it is a common problem. apparently the first pedals were shipped with bad batteries, although battery life will never be that long with a ddl pedal anyway. still, it was shocking to see it die after only a few minutes.

so the "bad" battery is now powering a fuzz and the flashback is running smoothly on a one spot. it does sound terrific.
      • April 1, 2011
  • guitarman666
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-03-23
    Hi all,

I own an Engl e530 and plan on getting a G-Major (or G-Major 2) for effects and preamp switching. I know aspects of this has been discussed here before, but I need one thing clarified:

The G-Major has only one switching jack. The Engl e530 has the possibility of switching between Clean/Crunch and apart from that also between Low and High Gain. There are two switching input jacks - one for each of these functions.

Is the G-Major somehow able to perform both of these switching functions independently and/or simultaneously (via some sort of split cable or some other way)?

It would be great help if anyone could enlighten me here

Cheers,

Ole / Denmark.
    read more...
    0 5,887
  • MountainKing
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-03-22
    Hi!

If anyone would like to sell this item please get in touch.

I'm in germany. 100 % positive on eBay, over 400 feedbacks.

Cheers Jens

P.S. I guess second hand is the only way to grab this little thing up, right? Or is it on sale anywhere?
    read more...
    0 2,181
  • tc-rijnlands
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-03-22
    Hi im from a technical group on our school, and we have recently purchased a TC m-one XL
    so i´ve read the entire manual

But I want to make my own effect
    I am able to make new effects

But i´ve been trying to make a effect wich will give you a really high voice, like a cartoonlike midget or somethings

we need it for a schoolmusical
    but I can´t seem to make it sound really high

does anyone with a little more experience
    knows how to do this, or at least what kind of settings i need to edit

Help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    read more...
    0 551
Go to page