Solutions

250,123 members
127,238 posts
  • tore
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-06-03
    This thread is for sharing all your cool Nova System patches.
    0 346,101
    • tore
      yossarian Big Ups, TobiasDM for putting together a spreadsheet to track these things in!

TobiasDM wrote:

I made a spreadsheet on Google Docs, so we can share presets/patches...

I took the liberty to use graag49's patches as example of how to post your stuff.

Please follow some simple groundrules, so the spreadsheet don't get messy. They are in the sheet.

To view but not edit the spreadsheet, check it out here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rhNLzOaDTrmEzBOatGXM00g

If you want to be able to edit the spreadsheet, you need to contact TobiasDM. He's posted further down in this thread.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

graag49 wrote:

I've been building patches & learning the ins/outs of my NV, so just thought I'd throw

some settings out for you to try. Here's a "platform" patch that would make a nice loop or background rhythm fill:

MOD...Tremolo Speed: 5.62 HZ Tempo:1/8 T Depth: 99%

Type: Hard Width: 39% Hi Cut: 15.8 k

DELAY (Tape): 547 Tempo: 1/4 Clip: 0 db

Mix: 31%

__________________________________________________________________________

PITCH (Octave) Direction: Down Range: 1 oct Mix: 20%

DRIVE (Distortion) Gain: 12 Tone: 40%

Level: 10 db Boost: 7 db

__________________________________________________________________________

Those 4 footswitches are the only ones engaged, so it's truly a matter of personal taste how you can add and/or subtract from this basic patch. I'm just having lots of fun experimenting, so there you go.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

Joe20 wrote:

"Wicked Game" as it sounds pretty much like the guitar used in this song:

SPRING REVERB

===========

Decay- 8.0s

PreDl- 100ms

Mix- 70%

Size- Huge

Color- Clear

Hi Fac- 0

LoCol- Tight

LoFac- 9

RoomL- 0

RevLe- (-6)

Diff- 0

Shape- Round

ViIBRATO

======

Speed- 0.841hz

Tempo- Disable

Depth-50%

HiCut-15.8k

I wrote:

And this is in a couple of other topics, but here's a Leslie simulation using the chorus:

Advanced Chorus

Speed: 5.15 Hz

Depth: 5%

HiCut: 10.0kHz

Cho DL: 50.0ms

Ratio: Off

PhaRev: On (stereo only)

(this is for the g system, so one or two of those parameters don't apply)

It sounds pretty good. I have the mix fairly low so that the effect isn't too overpowering.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

Jawa wrote:

For anyone out there who is not familiar with EQ frequencies I am posting some links that you may find useful:

http://www.sirgalahad.org/paul/music/eq … tml#guitar

http://www.homemadehitshow.com/EQTips.htm

laird wrote:

Programming a parametric EQ takes LOTS of experimentation. That said, you can start with the following ranges.

Bass:

Center Frequency: 100 hz - 200 hz (I'd start about 150hz or so)

Width: about 1/2 - 1 octave

Treble:

Center Frequency: 5khz - 10khz (I'd start about 7khz)

Width: about 2 octaves

Mid:

Center Frequency: Anywhere from 250hz to 2.5khz, depending on the sound you want.

Width: 1-2 octaves

Running a narrow treble with a high center frequency can turn the treble into a "sizzle" control, which can be VERY cool.
      • June 3, 2009
    • tore
      yossarian

I wrote:

I love the factory tap tremolo preset. Try playing around with it picking for each swell of the tremolo. Use an open string for a base drone and then pick out a melody / rhythm over that. Really cool effect. Sounds a bit like a synth because of the unnatural attack and decay of the note. Plus a ringing bass drone gets articulated in individual notes.

To add to that, give it a little overdrive to break up the tone a little bit. Then add a delay set to dotted 1/4. This will give the delay an offset from the tremolo effect. Then play a riff that times up with the tremolo, it ends up getting copied by the delay but offset after the next note in the riff.

I think those are all the patches that everyone has posted across the forum so far. Please add yours if I missed it.
      • June 3, 2009
  • cblues93
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-05-31
    Hy guys of the forum !!
    Is there any chance of channels switching on Mesa F50, using G-System?
    many thanks
    0 3,413
    • cblues93
      elvis See my reply at the end of this post:

http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=2142

I switch my F-50, and it works very well. I set up my patches so that they are either Ch1 or Ch2, and I set up the loop3 switch to give CH2 + Contour. That works as my lead crunch. I can then add boost if I want as well.
      • June 1, 2009
    • cblues93
      Crispy I have the F-100 and rather than butcher up the footswitch which will effect resale value I had this cable made.

http://training.tcelectronic.tc/Files/Training/TCSI/images/answers/770/Rect-o-verb_GMajor.pdf

It's for the Rectoverb but the setup is the same as the F Series.

The 5 pin DIN connects to the footswitch input on the amp and the TRS into the footswitch connector on the back of the G System.

You then set the relays on the G so that each preset can be clean, gain or contour.

Works a treat too.
      • June 2, 2009
    • cblues93
      harryg Thank you so much Crispy for posting this.

I just bought G system and my amp is Mesa F50. I didn't know what to do until I saw this post for channel switching on the amp.

I cut the original midi cable from Mesa Boogie and then solder those 3 to the stereo jack. The only thing is that every Midi cable have different color, so I just checked it with a multi-meter and I found them.

I saw lots of people found it difficult to use G system. Having experience using POD X3 Live, makes G system easy to use for me.

2 days after I bought it I used it for band rehearsal and I loved it. I am gigging with it this weekend and I can't wait.

Thanks again.

http://www.harrygusman.com
      • April 27, 2013
  • rodgersg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-05-20
    Bought an "open box" G-Natural from American Musical. I think it's defective.

The product was "open box" as stated. It's obviously been used and returned.

There are NO "Factory" settings in the banks. Using bank up/down, only cycles through U0-U9. There are NO F0-F9 settings that I can see.

Am I missing something or does this go right back in the box and back to AM?

User bank U0 is programmed, and nothing else is.

Is there a power on sequence to return the unit to completely factory settings?

When i got it, it was at firmware 1.03. I reloaded 1.03 and still no change.

?

Thanks,
    Gary
    read more...
    0 16,537
    • rodgersg
      Laird_Williams 1) The "Factory Bank Lock" is probably turned on. When the factory bank lock is on, the factory patches are not visible. See page 19 of the manual for how to turn it off. If your open box unit did not have a manual, you can download it here:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/G_Natural_US.pdf

2) The user banks only become visible when they have patches saved to them. If you can't see most of the user banks, it is because they are empty. As you create patches and save them to the user banks, they will become visible.
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      rodgersg Thank you - that was it.

Also found my "factory reset" in the menu as well.

Now I'm happier, but I'd sure like to know how to stop the crazy little blinking light on the front!
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      Laird_Williams

rodgersg wrote:

Thank you - that was it.

Also found my "factory reset" in the menu as well.

Now I'm happier, but I'd sure like to know how to stop the crazy little blinking light on the front!

Can't - that's a visual for your current tempo for the tempo-based fx.
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      wu_10 Hey there-

Laird, can't you set it up as the primary being boost and not tap tempo? If so it's a steady versus blinking light....
      • May 20, 2009
    • rodgersg
      Laird_Williams

wu_10 wrote:

Hey there-

Laird, can't you set it up as the primary being boost and not tap tempo? If so it's a steady versus blinking light....

Yeah - I think so. It has been a while. Is it flickering on you when you use it for a boost?
      • May 21, 2009
  • Krakmann
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-05-18
    Salud!

Greetings from Madrid, Spain. I've just bought a RH450 + RC212 + pedalboard. So far, I really love the sounds it makes.

I have two features requests, in case someone considers them interesting:

1) Although the pedalboard display is very clear, it would be helpful (if you don't own it or don't have it plugged) for the "sharp" symbol to be in the lower part of the head display. When looked from above, it's very easy to miss it.

2) I'd love to be able to send the RCA aux signal to the cabinet, so I can play to a drum machine or iPod without using headphones. Would it be possible with a soft upgrade, or is it physically impossible?
    read more...
    0 9,914
    • Krakmann
      BASSically I have to say, I'm with Krakmann and his number 2 request.
      • July 5, 2009
    • Krakmann
      mcnach Same here. I was very disappointed when I found I couldn't hear my drum machine through the speakers, as I thought this amp would replace my practice amp + gigging amp set up, as one amp would do it all.
      • July 26, 2009
    • Krakmann
      peterhfi Hi everybody,

I agree with the feature request of sending aux in signals (drum machine, etc.) to the headphone output and to the speakers as well.

Another feature request would be to have other surface options for the speaker cabinets due to the fact of scratches, small damages, etc. which can occur very easily (as already mentioned here, in the Talkbass forum and different reviews).

Besides that thanks a lot for a great bass system with innovative and creative features.

Peter
      • July 27, 2009
    • Krakmann
      mcnach Regarding the ability to get the aux input signal through the speakers, I suppose what one can do is use a simple little mixer. Use the mixer to mix the preamp-out signal and the drum machine, mp3 player etc, and take the output of the mixer back to the power amp in.

That should work, right?

The question is only, which mixer?
      • August 2, 2009
    • Krakmann
      BASSically Waiting for the answer

BASSically
      • August 15, 2009
  • ecksha
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-05-12
    HI.
    I just received my new RH450 with RC4 and unpacked. When I plugged in the RC4, a "E_" appeared in the RC4 display and nothing else worked. The amp works normally and the present, mute work fine from the front of the amp. I have tested the cable with a volt meter and it seems to work. Anyone know of a way to reset the settings to factory fresh? The amp/ftswitch was purchased new and was still bagged/sealed when I opened the boxes. Could this be warranty work already, only after 2 hours???? Not amused!!!!

ecksha...
    read more...
    0 3,226
    • ecksha
      rune Answered you through our support system a while back. I'll close this thread for now.
      • May 19, 2009
  • abfav
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-05-08
    I love the sounds of this pedal. I absolutely hate the design flaws. It totally ruins this pedal.

First, I have my presets all set for preset tempo, not global tempo, I made sure. But if I tap a new time, that new time is saved automatically to my preset, even if I didn’t store the preset with that new time; it just does it on its own. When I switch to yet a different preset, it has this NEW time overwritten on that preset. What is the point of a preset if it changes like that? A preset, by definition, should be pre----set so it recalls what you have saved. What a terrible design flaw. Someone should be fired for that.

Second, how can I tell what my settings are? As soon as I move any of the knobs even a miniscule bit they jump numbers so I have no idea what setting I have. How can you tweak it if you don't know your starting point? What a terrible design flaw. Again, someone should be fired for that.

Third, even the manual says if you go from a manual setting to a preset, your preset won't have the same settings. THEN ITS NOT A PRESET YOU FREAKIN ENGINEERS! What is the point of a preset if it doesn’t recall the settings???? And then when I am in preset mode and I switch back to manual, does it have my last manual settings? Of course not, that would be……logical.

Any advice. This pedal sounds great and is totally unusable.
    read more...
    0 13,100
    • abfav
      tore Hi abfav,

First of all, I'm glad you like the sound of the pedal. Regarding your other problems with nova Delay, let's go over them one by one:

1. Preset and Global Tempo

If you have all your presets set to preset tempo, they should recall the stored value when switch to a new preset. So if that's not the case, then it sounds as if some of your presets are not set to preset tempo after all.

The same goes for tap tempo, while you can still change the tempo of preset using the tap tempo switch, it should revert to the original stored value when you return to the preset.

There's an easy way of checking whether preset tempo is on or off for a given preset: If the Preset button LED is blinking (slowly) then preset tempo is on. To toggle between preset and global tempo, press and hold the Delay Type button for approx. 2 seconds. Also, please be aware that changing from for example global to preset tempo is part of that preset... meaning you have to store your preset for the change to preset tempo to be saved.

2. Settings

I agree that it would have been nice to have a preset indicator for Nova Delay, but in that respect Nova Delay is no better or worse than any other delay pedal with presets on the market. But if you're afraid of messing up your presets, please be aware, that you can always recall the original preset, by going to another preset and back again. Also, when tweaking existing presets, please be aware that only the pots that are actually tweaked are changed. The other ones still retain the preset values even though the pots are not in the stored position.

3. Manual vs. Feedback

It is not entirely correct that Nova Delay doesn't recall presets. Nova Delay does indeed have "real" presets that are recalled when you access them. What the manual says is that if you switch from for example the manual setting to a preset, then the position of the potmeters might not be the same as what is stored in the preset. I assure you that the settings you've programmed in the preset are recalled exactly like you've stored them.

The manual setting however is different. The reason why the manual setting is not stored, is because the manual setting is NOT a preset. Unlike the presets the manual setting reflects whatever the pots are set to, something that a lot of pedal users prefer. The delay type and subdivision are stored, though.

I hope this answers your questions and makes Nova Delay a little more usable to you.

Best regards,

Tore Mogensen

Product Manager - Guitar

TC Electronic
      • May 8, 2009
    • abfav
      JamesRPowellIII I too have been experiencing this. I prefer use of presets. It was working fine. I went to use it it was not remembering presets. Some of them are working. I have disabled spillover. I checked manual. I can't find a reason why it keeps on misbehaving. I love the display, but dislike the frustrating presets not saving.
      • July 27, 2012
    • abfav
      JamesRPowellIII Is there a more complete manual? How can you check or reset the memory. Wish there was a midi or usb.
      • July 27, 2012
    • abfav
      JamesRPowellIII I was frustrated with mine, then I remembered the global setting. You have to hold the type button for 1 seconf. The preset led will blink. Then you can get the presets, to properly recall the delay times stored. It wasn't as clear as it should be in the manual.

Now I am happy.
      • July 30, 2012
    • abfav
      davecoopernz Hey! this has happened to me, turned on after no use for a couple of months over summer and the tap tempo light flashing hard core, whats wrong. im a pretty advanced user so tried most things
      • March 24, 2013
  • BASSically
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-05-02
    Well I actually ordered one yesterday. The Rebel Head 450.
    Delivery is expected Wed or Thurs. of this week.
    It is not cheap here in Canada.
    It will be interesting to see just how it holds up to the weekend warrior use it is about to be thrust into.
    read more...
    0 43,300
    • BASSically
      BASSically BASSically speaking....

The Rebel Head 450 arrived about a week ago.

Quite a nice (SMALL) package, along with a single dual 10 cabinet.

Tried this combo out practicing on some tunes I needed to brush up on. Wow!! would be an understatement. I dialed in but did not refine the presets.. To date they are still not dialed right in. I have moved some of the EQ's but they will be dialed in gradually from here on. They will also help dial in the speaker cab You use. Is a great feature.

The next thing I did was use the amp with each individual speaker cab I own.

The cabinets do make a big difference in the sound.

What I have settled on cabinet wise in the TC dual 10 along with my Aguilar dual 12 cab..

This setup gives a nice round bottom end and nice mid / high definition.. It really does sound awesome..

I have had one full band practice with this combo and have received thumbs up from the other guys in the band. They just can not believe that such a small package delivers such a huge sound.

So my weekend warrior rig will consist of the RH450, RS 2x10 & Aguilar 2x12.

I will carry a standby head just in case but hey that should be a common practice. I just wish it was another RH450 not the 45lb. boat anchor.

I have used a lot of different gear over my 42 years of playing and find the RH450 very easy to set up & tot around too.

I guess between now and October I'll get a real good Idea of just how well the little monster is going to stand up as it will be on the road quit a bit over the next 5 months..

I also broke down and ordered the foot switch RC4 and gig bag for the head. They have not arrived yet.

The reason I ordered the foot switch is for the presets. I can see a lot of use happening with them just from the short time I have had the head. It will make it a lot easier to switch between them during songs.

Until next time.

Bassically
      • May 24, 2009
    • BASSically
      BASSically Well first gig done and behind me with this rig.

3 one hour sets.

It took me all of 10 minutes to set it up

and make final tweaks for the room.

The amp really packed a punch, filled and articulated very well.

Volume setting about 10:30 on the dial. running the SR210 and Aguilar 2x12.

The deep low end I have set up really loaded the room up. So I ended up just tweaking the low control down a bit. 2 clicks on the dial.. All done.

Room was of a medium size venue.

This amp was not even hot after each set which surprised me I thought for sure it would be.. Still need to tweak the P EQ's a bit.

Oh yeah this thing packs real nice into my mini van didn't break my back loading it either. Leaves lots of room for other gear.

I guess we will find out how the cabinet finish is going to hold out.

One move - already some scuffs but no finish removed.

The guys in the band were quite amazed yet again, that this little head could sound so big & accomplish so much.

Unill next time

BASSically
      • June 7, 2009
    • BASSically
      johnwentzien This is by far the best bass system I have EVER used!

(i have used just about everthing out there in the past 30+ years)
      • June 23, 2009
    • BASSically
      BASSically Well here I am again.

A few more gigs behind me using the rh450 rs210 and Aguilar2x12.

Amp continues to be solid and tight. You have to watch the tube tone, sound tends to get a little loose if you use too much of it. It was awesome at the last gig maybe because I'm getting it tuned to the Musicman Bongo5 I'm using.. One of the guys asked me if I had turned up .. No was my answer. I was just playing a little harder which came out loud, clear & tight.

So far I have to say this little amp has been just great. I have no trouble at all with getting my sound out.. and there is lots left if I need to turn up. Having the rs2x10 on it's end sure makes a differance in what you hear from this rig as well.

Since my last post I have received the travel gig bag for the head just to transport it with some protection and I got the foot switch for selecting the presets & tuning. Yes I bought them..

The foot switch is very very well constructed and should withstand many a heavey foot on the switches. It also will mute the amp for tuning if you wish.. It is worth the money and you should get it at the same time you buy the head.. You will not be disapointed.

I used it extensively last gig. worked flawlessly, never even missed a note when changing pre sets during songs.

The Rs 2X10 is not on the other hand standing up well to the riggers of the road cosmeticaly.. It is already showing wear (scratches and scuffs) from rubbing against other gear.. I guess a cover would be in order if you plan on road tripping this cab to any great extent. I think that if it had been carpet covered it would stand up better with out covers.

These things do not alter the sound it pumps out ..I just like my gear to stay as new looking as possible.. So don't forget you will need a speaker cabinet cover if road tripping this.

I have to say it is the best sounding rig I have had the pleasure to use to date hands down..

It sure saves me carrying the pre amp, power amp combo I have been lugging.

It has sure taken a back seat. I'm actually thinking of retireing that set up even though it is a year old.. the rh450 just out dose it with tons of tone..

I'm waiting now for a larger gig where I have to plug into the main pa board. That should be interesting to say the least.

Untill next time

BASSically speaking..
      • July 2, 2009
    • BASSically
      BASSically Today is Sunday.

I got in at 5AM this morning from playing a gig up North in cottage country..

Was a good gig and the club owner wants us back again so All was good I guess.

I had a great time with my rig..

Had to put it through a big board last night.. It worked out OK.

The DI output was supplying lots of signal to the board and it was set up with no real difficulty.

They left my strip flat so I could come out of the head post with my sound already dialed in. It was real cool..to have no hassle..

Rig worked its heart out and still was not even warm so I guess the engineers have the right size cooling equipment installed in this head..

Sounds that this rig makes still blowing me away..

I think for once I spent my money on the right thing..

The moveable Perimetric EQ's were a brilliant addition as well. You can really dial in with these 4 PEQ's and I love em..

Rs-210 still taking a beating from the road but is still sounding great.

so I have a couple of weeks off now untill next gig which will give me some time to play with it some more at home.. More tweak time ..LOL

Until next time BASSically speaking.
      • July 12, 2009
  • kevin2106
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-04-30
    Guitar ----------------------VHT Valvulator input (a buffer)
    VHT output A---------------G system Input
    G system Insert Send-----Hum E. Input 1
    Hum Output 1--------------Mesa Triple Rectifier Input
    G system Output (L)------Hum input 2
    Hum E. Output 2----------Mesa FX loop Return
    Mesa FX Send-------------G system Insert Return

Both the mix and the send level on the Mesa FX Loop are set at 100%.

GBL LEVELS MENU

Input Gain: 0db
    Lopp Level: 0db
    Loop Headroom: 2db
    Volume: 0db
    Volume Pos:
    Output Level: 0db
    Boost Max: 0db

There is still a little loss of gain. I placed an Eq in the loop of the G system to try and compensate but it can only ad a bit before it sounds bad. When I turn my gain up past 2 o clock the hum and hiss is really bad and it becomes very noisy. I am trying to get that true tone out of the amp I am close but still a loss of gain/tone.

I just put in George L cables in my setup and it sounds better!
    read more...
    0 40,518
    • kevin2106
      Laird_Williams

kevin2106 wrote:

Guitar ----------------------VHT Valvulator input (a buffer)

VHT output A---------------G system Input

G system Insert Send-----Hum E. Input 1

Hum Output 1--------------Mesa Triple Rectifier Input

G system Output (L)------Hum input 2

Hum E. Output 2----------Mesa FX loop Return

Mesa FX Send-------------G system Insert Return

Both the mix and the send level on the Mesa FX Loop are set at 100%.

GBL LEVELS MENU

Input Gain: 0db

Lopp Level: 10db

Loop Headroom: 2db

Volume: 0db

Volume Pos:

Output Level: 0db

Boost Max: 0db

There is still a loss of gain. I am not sure what to do now? I placed an Eq in the loop of the G system to try and compensate but it can only ad a bit before it sounds bad. When I turn my gain up past 2 o clock the hum and hiss is really bad and it becomes very noisy. I am trying to get that true tone out of the amp I am close but still a loss of gain/tone.

Does anyone have any tips maybe to get that full true tone out of their amp?

Try swapping the input gain and loop levels.

Set the loop level to 0db and the input gain to 10db.
      • April 30, 2009
    • kevin2106
      GuitarMan86 I can say my experience has been the same on the MESA Trip rect. I have been researching the FX loop side and found that many others are having similiar issues with the FX loop on other processors.

Check out MESA's forums.

There is a simple FX mod out there that MESA will provide you with (if you ask) that is the schematic for modifying the FX loop from parallel to serial.

My experience has been the same and I just got the MOD schematic yesterday from MESA and plan to have my amp guy do the mod for me asap.

I also spoke with Voodoo amps about the mod and they can also give you some insight to the mod for a triple rect.

As others have said... the FX loop is best with serial and I believe the MESA triple has issues with bleed through on the parallel effects loop.

I will post my findings once I get my mod done. Hope this helps.
      • May 6, 2009
    • kevin2106
      kevin2106 I have heard that serial can also pose a lot of issue's as well .I keep messing around with levels and have actually solved almost all issue's and have a tone that I actually really enjoy now. My issue was the cables I was using. Now I am using George L's. made a few adjustments and now the amp sounds the way I like it! The only thing is you have to play the amp pretty loud.
      • May 7, 2009
    • kevin2106
      GuitarMan86 Interesting....I see you are running the mix settings on the MESA loop to 100%....I am as well. Do you have any bleed through of the dry signal coming out?

Thats the tone loss I seem to be getting from the MESA. I can hear the difference with the parallel loop giving me that bleed through of the wet and dry signal.

If you hit the tuner mute on the G does it fully mute the amp (with 4 cable method) or do you get the dry amp tone still coming through? Just curious

I am using good cables (TRS snakes) and also have an EBtech HE and not getting any noise issues. Now its just the tone I am fighting with.
      • May 7, 2009
    • kevin2106
      kevin2106 Yes I do get that dry amp tone still coming through with the four cable method when I hit the tuner mute.

I had the same issue you have. Something just wasn't right and I was getting a clean tone with some distortion at the same time. I did get rid of it though now everything sounds great!

How do you have everything hooked up? Did you try the way I have my setup hooked up?
      • May 8, 2009
  • jjmcg
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-04-03
    Hello:

Has anyone had a chance to compare the 2x10 against the 2x12 with the RH 450 amp, particularly with double bass (Realist Acoustic transducer).

I chose the TC 2x10 (it was lighter & my Epifani 2x10 is superb but heavy) and am delighted with the performance with electric bass guitar, but the double bass sound is not as pleasing. I wonder if the 2x12 would have been a better choice. Having both is not an option, nor is it needed for my big band role.

Opinions welcome…especially if you have tried the cabs with the sweet 450 and a double bass. J.
    read more...
    0 24,429
    • jjmcg
      garyis I am about to buy a RH450, ( tomorrow) and have not decided on which cab 2x10 or 2x12??

I won't be playing for big venues mainly small clubs less that 50 people maybe 100 and maybe outdoors for a 100?

I'm using a Markbass 2x10 and these speakers really cut through and are tight and mellow...

I prefer 2x10 but QYESTION: Are the 2x12 cabs more for acoustic, are they softer or 'muddier' than the 2x10? How would you compare the two cabinets??

Garyis
      • April 10, 2009
    • jjmcg
      garyis Oops! I have to add that I am playing a Lakland Deluxe active 4 string bass and a Fender American Deluxe 4 string.

Gary
      • April 10, 2009
    • jjmcg
      BillyBassHutchi I have used both cabs. I have tried them out indivdually and together with my fretted and fretless 5 string Laklands, my electric upright amd my acoustic upright with a fishman pickup. Though both cabs are great cabs there are subtle differences. The 2x10 has an extremely fast transient response and has tons of clarity!!! What actually surprised me was how much bottom I could get out of it based on speaker placement. Both speakers have rear ports. The 2x10 has one and the 2x12 has two. You can increase or decrease your low end based on how close you have it to the wall behind you. You can't beat the 2x10 when it comes to slap bass. A 4-string Deluxe Lakland would sound "OFF THE CHAIN" through either cab but the 2x12 moves a little more air and has that little extra low end for the low B. Both cabs are th same width so they stack perfectly on top of each other but the 2x12 is about 4 inches deeper. I've played the 2x10s with both my Laklands and they handle the low B effortlessly. My keyboardest almost fell off his chair when he heard how much low end I could get out of the 2x10!!! With the two together you get the best of both worlds!

Your Brother in Bass!

Billy "Bass" Hutchison

http://www.billy-bass.com

http://www.lakland.com/william-hutchison.htm

http://www.myspace.com/billy_bass

http://www.kcwilliams.com/

http://www.tcelectronic.com/test_pil...rDcmntId=10470
      • May 1, 2009
    • jjmcg
      johnwentzien +1 to what Billy said--

I like the sound of both c abs stacked vertically the best.

The RS 210 has a "sweeter" sounding midrange

The RS212 is "flatter" with a little more "booty" on the lows.

Either cab can be used alone with good results.
      • June 23, 2009
    • jjmcg
      BASSically Billy "Bass" Hutchison

I like your use of words. Hats off to yah
      • July 5, 2009
  • wadecanuck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2009-03-22
    OK so I am too lazy to scroll through each and every Factory Preset Patch and type it in on my laptop or copy it out 'long hand'. Is there any list that exists out there in Cyber Land? An overall visual is always nice, but an inadvertent oversight on T.C.'s part (they had it for the G Major 1). Nothing in the G Major-2 User's Manual and nothing on the T.C site for download. I've contacted T.C. Support.

Cheers.
    read more...
    0 12,334
    • wadecanuck
      mesaboogie I second that request!

A printout of the pre-sets (with parameter settings) would be a huge time saver in browsing through the sounds and creating my list of favorites.
      • April 9, 2009
    • wadecanuck
      mesaboogie How about this? There might be a typo now and then but it is pretty close. At least you copy and paste and then do any editing.

G Major 2 Presets 5/9/09

Preset #Preset NameNotes

1Tri chorus + Delay

2Naked Lunch

3Flange Force 5

4Mr. Uni-reverse

5Chorus Echo

6Pedal filter + Delay

7Octaver + Dual delay

8Morning Glory

9Pedal Blend 1 wah

10Flange Olet

11Whammy -Reverse

12Rotary Club

13Dreamweaver

14Modulated Echoplex

15TriChorus +

16Vib:ulator (P)

17Reverse Vibe

18Spring Thing

19Danish Dynamite

20Reversible

21Phased Rewind

22Dual Delay 1/4 + 1/8d

23Classic Chorus + Delay

24Filtered Repeats (P)

25Pedal Wah Wha (P)

26World of Whacraft (P)

27Beauty and the Beef

28Acousticous

29Vintage Univibe (P)

30Univibe + Reverse (P)

31Rockabilly Slap

32Leslie

33Tremovibe

34Unisex

35Verb'n Vibe

36Comp + Room

37Comp + Chorus (P)

38Mixlydia C (+3/+6)

39DimHalf E (+3/-3)

40PhrMajor B (+3/-4)

41Ionian C (+6/+10)

42MixLydia A (+5/+9)

43Ionian C (+3/-4)

44Phrygian C (-5/+6)

45Dorian C (3rd+4th) (P)

46Vibraphonic

47Vibrant

48Tremolator

49TriChorus + Tremolo

50Flanged Delay 1/8

51Skywalker

52Phasing Echos

53RetroFreqTive (P)

54Phaser + AutoWah (P)

55Panner

56Phasus (P)

57Octaphaze + Verb (P)

58De-Tuna

59Hall Of Mirrors

60Touch Wah + Delay

61Touch Res + Delay

62Wuthering Hights (P)

63Ping Pong Tremolux

64G Major 2 Verb + Slap

65Mutron Phaze Echo (P)

66Eclectic Mistress (P)

67Pedal Phaser (P)

68Metallic Flanger (P)

69.therefore I Am-bient

70Octaphase + Room (P)

71Octaver + Room (P)

72Square Room 1.2 s

73Curved Room 1.4.s

74Bright Plate 2.0 s

75Goonies Cave

76Wonder Hall 2.1 s

77Ethereal Echo (P)

78Phazed Delay 1/8d

79Stereo Mod Delay..

80Wisdom 2 the Wise (P)

81Spining Horns (P)

82Univibe + Plate (P)

83Moonwalker (P)

84Clone Wars (P)

85Good Vibrations (P)

86Hawaian Punch (P)

87Ultraviolet (P)

88Pedalphaser +Dly(P)

89Detuned Mod Delay (P)

90Rhytmic Flanger (P)

91Lush Chorus (P)

92AutoWah + Comp

93Shake'n Bake (P)

94Tender Vibrato (P)

95Triller + AutoWah (P)

96Compressor + Spring

97Supernova (P)

98Flanger + Delay 1/8d

99Glitch Blender (P)

100ByPass + Noise Gate
      • May 10, 2009
    • wadecanuck
      wadecanuck Cool Dude!! May I express my personal THANKS!! Awesome job!!

It is now nearing a Month past the point that TC promised us these things....Preset List, Software Editor. Boy, are they either lazy, slow or don't care. Love the Product, starting to dislike the lack of customer respect.

Kippis, Cheers Y'all.
      • May 11, 2009
    • wadecanuck
      wadecanuck HEY, TRY THIS...COPY AND PASTE, THEN DOUBLE COLUMN AND FITS NICELY ON ONE PAGE (CHOOSE BOLD AND UNDERLINE FOR MORE DEFINED EFFECT).

Preset # Preset Name

1 Tri chorus + Delay

2 Naked Lunch

3 Flange Force 5

4 Mr. Uni-reverse

5 Chorus Echo

6 Pedal filter + Delay

7 Octaver + Dual delay

8 Morning Glory

9 Pedal Blend 1 wah

10 Flange Olet

11 Whammy -Reverse

12 Rotary Club

13 Dreamweaver

14 Modulated Echoplex

15 TriChorus +

16 Vib:ulator (P)

17 Reverse Vibe

18 Spring Thing

19 Danish Dynamite

20 Reversible

21 Phased Rewind

22 Dual Delay 1/4 + 1/8d

23 Classic Chorus + Delay

24 Filtered Repeats (P)

25 Pedal Wah Wha (P)

26 World of Whacraft (P)

27 Beauty and the Beef

28 Acousticous

29 Vintage Univibe (P)

30 Univibe + Reverse (P)

31 Rockabilly Slap

32 Leslie

33 Tremovibe

34 Unisex

35 Verb'n Vibe

36 Comp + Room

37 Comp + Chorus (P)

38 Mixlydia C (+3/+6)

39 DimHalf E (+3/-3)

40 PhrMajor B (+3/-4)

41 Ionian C (+6/+10)

42 MixLydia A (+5/+9)

43 Ionian C (+3/-4)

44 Phrygian C (-5/+6)

45 Dorian C (3rd+4th) (P)

46 Vibraphonic

47 Vibrant

48 Tremolator

49 TriChorus + Tremolo

50 Flanged Delay 1/8

51 Skywalker

52 Phasing Echos

53 RetroFreqTive (P)

54 Phaser + AutoWah (P)

55 Panner

56 Phasus (P)

57 Octaphaze + Verb (P)

58 De-Tuna

59 Hall Of Mirrors

60 Touch Wah + Delay

61 Touch Res + Delay

62 Wuthering Hights (P)

63 Ping Pong Tremolux

64 G Major 2 Verb + Slap

65 Mutron Phaze Echo (P)

66 Eclectic Mistress (P)

67 Pedal Phaser (P)

68 Metallic Flanger (P)

69 .therefore I Am-bient

70 Octaphase + Room (P)

71 Octaver + Room (P)

72 Square Room 1.2 s

73 Curved Room 1.4.s

74 Bright Plate 2.0 s

75 Goonies Cave

76 Wonder Hall 2.1 s

77 Ethereal Echo (P)

78 Phazed Delay 1/8d

79 Stereo Mod Delay..

80 Wisdom 2 the Wise (P)

81 Spining Horns (P)

82 Univibe + Plate (P)

83 Moonwalker (P)

84 Clone Wars (P)

85 Good Vibrations (P)

86 Hawaian Punch (P)

87 Ultraviolet (P)

88 Pedalphaser +Dly(P)

89 Detuned Mod Delay (P)

90 Rhytmic Flanger (P)

91 Lush Chorus (P)

92 AutoWah + Comp

93 Shake'n Bake (P)

94 Tender Vibrato (P)

95 Triller + AutoWah (P)

96 Compressor + Spring

97 Supernova (P)

98 Flanger + Delay 1/8d

99 Glitch Blender (P)

100 ByPass + Noise Gate
      • May 11, 2009
    • wadecanuck
      LittleJim I just bought a G-Major 2 (Dec 2017) and still cannot find an official factory preset list. So thank you wadecanck and mesaboogie. I copy/pasted your list to an Excel file (on my iMac) just to make it easier to print out and read on one sheet. I tried to include that file here in this message but I can't. Sorry folks.
      • January 16, 2018
Go to page