TC Electronic

Brand

TC Electronic

223,353 members
97,530 posts
  • keigon1989
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

Hello, my Flashback X4 still keeps losing even after updating to the latest firmware. I've seen in other forums that this seems to be a problem for other people as well. Any solution? I'm using a 1 spot solely for it. 

0 78
  • Jallenackerman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-19

Hello!

I recently purchased the TC Electronic Iron Curtain Noise Gate and, at least in every description that I've read, it states that there is a Toggle Switch that allows for the user to choose between muting signal completely or reducing unwanted noise. Is that something that is located inside of the pedal's chassis or am I missing something else?

read more...
    0 329
    • Jallenackerman
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Jallenackerman,
      Woah you're right!  I'm a little out of my element here commenting on TC Electronic products, but I actually own this pedal on my gigging bass pedalboard so your post caught my eye.  Over the weekend I did some digging and found nothing online about this feature, so I opened up my pedal...Iron Curtain Guts.jpg

Unfortunately now post-surgery, I can assure you there's no extra switch inside the Iron Curtain.  Feel free to check yourself though, there are no warranty seals so you can open up your pedal pretty easily.

Looking at the website, there's a bullet point that says "Toggle switch lets you choose between muting signal completely or reducing unwanted noise"

Looking at the Product Information Document (in the "Downloads" section), I see the exact same text about the "switch" is in there too.

So what's up with that?  From my experience at TC Helicon, I think I've got an idea of what happened here.  The Product Information Document is created quite early in the product's life, sometimes predating the actual design of the product itself, and later the webpage typically takes text from the PID.  I think what happened here is the idea of a mute/reduce "Toggle switch" never actually made it into the product, but the text still carried over from that ideation PID onto the website.

Sorry to say I don't believe the Iron Curtain is capable of a full-on mute mode, but just the default noise-reduction mode (which has been great for me and my high-gain bass).  I'm going to pass this on to our web team and hopefully have that incorrect bullet point removed from the pedal's page.  Thank you for pointing out this discrepancy, and hopefully your Iron Curtain is still just as useful to you as it is to me despite not having this extra feature.  Cheers!

• November 26, 2019
  • Biccio
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-19

Hi

Will we ever have a new firmware for G-Major2 ?

It's a pretty good product, but It needs some bug correction and I feel abandoned.

read more...
    0 143
    • Biccio
      TC-Samuel

Hi @Biccio 
      Currently, there are no firmware updates planned for G-Major2. Really happy you like it and your feedback is definitely appreciated. In all honesty, I doubt we'll be able to allocate ressources to updating it right now. But I will take note of it mention it to the leadership at our next scrum

Cheers,
      Sam

• December 5, 2019
  • Wouter
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-19

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my tc-electronics Sub n' Up. The pedal works great, but I can't beam toneprint stuff to my pedal. I have tried all the pickups on my strat, turned my phone up loud, and I do get some flashing from the pedal. But the effect signal does not change. My phone is a Pocophone F1. Hope someone can help! thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 139
    • Wouter
      macfilipe

Hi,

When beaming, do you get the green confirmation flashes at the end of the process?

If you don't get the confirmation flashes, what's your signal chain from guitar to the pedal? Do you have any other active pedals / preamp between the guitar and the Sub n'Up?

If you do get the confirmation flashes, have you set the little toggle switch on the Sub n'Up to the middle position?

These bits of info might help us find out what's going on...

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      Wouter

Hi,

Well now that I think about it the flashes might be red? Going to check tonight because I'm not sure. But I'm sure that I do get flashes. My signal is great (isolated power and good cables). It doesn't matter if I use the sub'n 'up solo or in a chain on my pedalboard, the beaming feature does not work either way. I do indeed have it switched in the middle position. I've read that it might have to do with the speakers of certain phones? That the speakers must be magnetic or something? i wouldn't know if this is the case for me, but im gonna test it with a friends phone soon. Logic would say that red means wrong (red flashes), which would mean that the signal the pedal is recieving isn't sufficient. So it probably is going to be my phone that is the problem, knowing that it can't be my guitar and/or signal. We shall see. Thanks for your response!

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      TC-Mike

hi Wouter, you can also use an audio cable (mini jack to 6,3 mm jack) to beam the toneprints to your pedal and transfer toneprints via USB instead, it it turns out to be the phone speaker.

• November 19, 2019
  • ChrisTaylor
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-17

Hi,

I have to admit that this is a bit of a strange one but...

I have bought an AXE FXiii (which I love) but am struggling to find a foot controller that I like. All I want to be able to do is scroll through presets and then select scenes, as well as activate the tuner. That is all that I need to be able to do. For that reason, I just cannot justify the costs of the dedicated Fractal foot controllers. I have tried a Voodoo Lab Ground Control, but just couldn't get it to work and now have a Voes MX-12, which works OK but is a little 'clunky'. Suddenly, it occurred to me that I have a TC Electronics G-system languishing under the stairs. Although not without its problems, I always loved the feel of the G-system, with its soft footswitching and huge LEDs. That made me wonder if it was possible to use the G-system MIDI out to control the AXE FXiii. I know it seems a little excessive but, on the other hand, it seems impossible to sell the G-system at the moment so, rather than it just gathering dust....

Any thoughts/comments gratefully received. Thanks

read more...
    0 71
    • ChrisTaylor
      TC-Mike

G-system can do custom mapping of MIDI prg changes sent out with each of the G-system presets, so you could use it for that plus Encoder A,B;C can also be assigned to send out Midi CCs 

Best,

Mike

• November 17, 2019
  • javi_bassist
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Hello,

I've just bought three days ago a TC Electronic Polytune 3 Noir mini and the screen has broken. Do you know how could I replace it?

Polytune 3_.jpg

read more...
    0 169
    • javi_bassist
      TC-Lars

Hi Javi.

Are you sure that it's broken?
      Try to remove the protective plastic film and see what it looks like.

To me it looks like the protective film simply has a few scratches. 
      Or do you mean that the diodes are not lighting up?

Kind Regards,
      Lars

• November 19, 2019
  • Nog
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Hi, I am posting to help others with looping in serial mode. Info which I think is missing in the user manual. Serial mode is likely to be used for recording a verse in one loop and a chorus in the second loop. The process I initially used for doing this was:-1. Press loop 1 button - Record verse loop in loop 1 slot. Press loop 1 button again. Loop 1 will automatically play. 2. Press loop 2 button (arms loop 2 record). At the end of loop 1 cycle record chorus into loop 2. At the end of recording chorus press loop 2 button to end recording. Chorus would then automatically play. In a live situation you would be then playing the chorus twice in a row (not usually good). Instead of pressing the loop 2 button to end the chorus recording, press the loop 1 button. This will take you straight into the verse, which is much more useful in a live situation. Hope this helps.

read more...
    1 93
  • JNPMusic
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-16

So I'm inside the TonePrint Editor and creating my own TonePrint. I noticed that you can adjust the two different delay settings, say you set delay one at 250 and delay two at 500 it actually works nice even though I'm running it in mono. You can hear the two delays seperately, but when I save it to the pedal it's gone. Is this doable or do I have to really be running the pedal in stereo for the full effect even though it works while in the editor mode before saving.....?

Thanks,

John

read more...
    0 90
    • JNPMusic
      macfilipe

You also need to adjust the response curves of the delay knob in the knob mapping section of the TP Editor for the ratio that you want between the delay, so that the knob / pedal will keep track of your settings. You can double click the values on the knobs at the bottom to type in precise values. Hope this helps!FB2KnobMapping.PNG

• November 17, 2019
  • TBoneSlort
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-15

Is there no TonePrint Editor for Quintessence? I'm seeing a library but no editor.

Niether my iphone nor my MacBookPro are showing an editor unlike my other TC Electronic pedals.

What am I missing?

Thanks

read more...
    0 127
  • Viktortaz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-15

I have the Flashback II, and Duel Delay by Andy Martin is by far my favorite toneprint, mainly cause the mash setting is fantastic. Now I have the Flashback II x4, and this toneprint is not available. I tried to beam it anyway, even if it is supposed to be a Flashback II toneprint, but it sounds very different on the Flashback II x4. I assume that you can not beam Flashback II toneprints on Flashback II x4. I can not find any toneprint available for Flashback II x4 that has the same AMAZING mash function. 

Does anyone know if this is just a malfunction? A Flashback II toneprint should work on Flasback II x4? If not, any suggestion on how to achieve the mash behavior of the Duel Delay on the Flashback II X4? You can hear the mash function I'm talking about on this video at 7:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-MPQPJMSww&t=257s

Thx a lot for your help, guys!

read more...
    0 130
    • Viktortaz
      TC-Mike

Flashback2 toneprints cannot work on a FB 2X4 as they have a slitghtly different parameterset (Expression peal modifier eg), so you have to use the converted Flashback 2 X4 toneprints.

artist toenprints for the Flashback2 should also be available for the x4 version. 

I have somebody look into the missing Andy Martin Toneprint for the FB2 X4..

Best regards,

Mike

• November 17, 2019
    • Viktortaz
      TC-Mike

Hi Victortaz,

just want to let you know that the missing Andy Martin dual delay toneprint is now back in the app.

have a nice weekend and best regards,

Mike

• November 21, 2019
Go to page