TC Electronic

Brand

TC Electronic

216,694 members
89,959 posts
  • Ricketybacker
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-01

Alright. So I bought a new K-410 cab and took it straight for a European tour. The cab does it's job well, is relatively light, and looks good. The only thing I've come to dislike is how the tweeter reacts to some of my dirt pedals. I'd like to bypass it or disconnect it completely. 

Unfortunately the customer support hotline can't help with any modifications since it would void the warranty, which I found to be a bit annoying. 

I was going to order a K-212 to pair it with, but then I'll just end up with twice the trouble. 

So my question is: How do I go about disconnecting the tweeter completely? Do I also need to do something to some kind of crossover circuit?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 122
    • Ricketybacker
      RichardYClark

You would normally EQ the sound to turn down the HF in the amp driving the speaker. If the amp can't do it then, yes, you could get something like the TC Electronics XO24 Speaker Management Controller which would include both EQ and Crossovers.

• August 1, 2019
  • Ecicchi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-29

Hello all,

I had a question about setting up a tone print for the Brainwaves pedal. Wanted to get that 90s Van Halen detune effect. I was wondering if you had recommendations for the perimeters in the tone print editor using the Double Detune as the baseline. If you could give me some direction that would be great. Thanks.

read more...
    0 130
    • Ecicchi
      TC-Mike

Hi,

the double detune is a great starting point and you just need to adjust the level of detuning you'd like to have.

The Voice 1 + 2 set the detuning and if "detune" subtype is selected, Voice pots detune in cents! instead of halftones (+/- 50 cents) . For a more pronounced effect (during eg a solo) make sure Voice 1 and 2 are detuned in oposite directions (1 up / 1 down) . Using MASH switch you can dynamically adjust the amount of detuning and the mapping of the Dual Detune template allows for extra detuniung compatred to potmeter settings.

Simply adjust the mappings of the Template in the editor and save it as a new Tp in app/pedal.

• August 5, 2019
  • Mattyboy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-29

HI all,

Ive been running the X4 ok with midi sync from logic x - but I did a gig at the weekend and although the sync light started flashing it wasnt locking in on time the way it did in reherasals. It had drifted by half a beat.

Does anyone know the best settings for  mtc/clokc on logic to make sure it stays locked ?

Also is it essential that the song start is at 00000 ? 

thankyou

Matt 

read more...
    0 70
  • Clay101
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-26

I've been using my G system for 7 years with a H & K Triamp MKII w/MIDI running 4 cable and loving it. I'm getting more work where weight is a problem (due to travel) and I'm looking for a small amp I can take with me and use the G system with (it's got years of settings loaded). 

I'm closing in on a Marshall DSL 40C (combo) and can't seem to get a clear answer on being able to change channels (and gain settings) on the Marshall using the G System midi switching.

I know I'll have to adjust the midi/channel switching as the H&K has 6 channels but that's not a problem. 

Has anyone used a G System with a DSL 40C (or similar)?

read more...
    0 88
  • tdubu
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-19

My Sub N Up will not accept Toneprints through my guitar. It will also not work when connected through the USB port when plugged into my laptop or iPad. When I start the Toneprint app, I don't see the pedal as being connected, the serial number doesn't appear and I can't bring up the template editor. Also when I do use the pedal its very gritty and overdriven in every mode. Does anyone know of a firmware update or a way to hard reset the pedal? Thanks!

read more...
    0 54
  • mrblackbird
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-14

Hi, 

I can't figure out where can I find the current firmware version of my Flashback 2 or Corona Chorus. There's a Kb article which says "Click on the "i" in the bottom, left hand corner of the editor window", but there is not "i" button in the TonePrint Editor anymore.

If I click the cog-wheel icon I can see "Serial number" and "build", but the build numbers (ie. "604" for my FB2) doesn't seem to be related with a firmware version in the format of x.x.x.

I can't upgrade blindly my Corona if I don't know if I have a higher or lower version.

read more...
    0 289
    • mrblackbird
      TC-Mike

Hi Mr Blackbird

there was never a firmware update released for FB 2, so you have the latest. 

We are currently in the process of beta testing a FB2 Firmwae update that adds an additional tap tempo mode (if MASh is disabled)

For more infos, see also this thread:
      https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Guitar-and-Bass/Flashback-2-Delay-TAP-TEMPO-firmware-update/td-p/268827

Firmware updates (if available) can be found on the download pages of the respective product page:

eg latest version of the Corona formware  1.0.03 (build R1806)  firmware update can be found here:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/CORONA-CHORUS/p/P0DDC/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Firmware version of TP pedal is also shown in Toneprint app if pedal is connected ( "Settings" tab in app)
      corona firmware app.PNG

Best regards,

Mike

• July 15, 2019
    • mrblackbird
      jsd5150

How can I get support to respond?  I send a request to support on Sunday (Case: 00996905and have yet to get a response.  I gave a defective Flashback 2 and I’m seeking help getting the issue resolved.  The unit was working just fine and suddenly this past Saturday, I no longer get a dry signal.  The ”kill dry” is off and I’ve tried both the mono and stereo inputs and outputs...still no dry signal.  The pedal isn't even a month old...not only am I very frustrated by the apparent defect, the inability to get in touch with tech support is beyond ridiculous.  Can you please help and/or point in the right direct to get help?  Thanks!

• August 13, 2019
  • LarryBonare
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-09

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

0 267
    • LarryBonare
      Paul_Vannatto

@LarryBonare wrote:

What is the main application for this reverb? I wants to buy one but need to know for sure what to use it for.

Hi Larry,

Good to see you again. Don't know anything about this reverb. Just wanted to say hi.

• July 9, 2019
    • LarryBonare
      TC-Mike

Hi Larry,

the Reverb 4000 is a very versatile Reverb unit that includes all TC Reverb algos from the system 6000.(Vss3 , Vss4, DVR 2, Non Lin2 , Reverb4, Ambiator)

Wether you want crisp short rooms for drums,  lush long reverbs for vocals or realistic simulations of acoustic spaces, the Reverb 4000 has you covered. 

I recommend to try one out at your dealer of choice  one or watch some videos online , so you get a better idea about features and most important: the sound.

The manual can be found here:

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/media/218221/tc_electronic_reverb_4000_manual_english.pdf

Demo video from youtube: (just to get an idea) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_P49g3ruTo

Best regard from the Tc people,

Mike

• July 15, 2019
  • CainGain74
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-08

I see we all have the same concerns with our Dittox4. Have there been any solutions made by TC directly? I use mine every gig 3 plus a week and in need a new one or a fix-up. What were your results please gents? 

0 158
    • CainGain74
      TC-Mike

Hi Cain Gain,

please get in touch with our tech support regarding this. If is possibly an issue with the SD card failing, so the device can't boot

We changed the SD cards used in all Dittos and replacing them will fix the issue.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/brand/tcelectronic/support#googtrans(en|en)

Best regards,

Mike

• July 7, 2019
    • CainGain74
      hans2410

I am having the same issue. Can we replace the SD cards on our own?

• July 10, 2019
    • CainGain74
      hans2410

Replacing the SD card didn't work. Clearly there is much bigger issues with these pedals

• July 10, 2019
  • strat110
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-02

Hello,

What has happened to all the artist toneprints for the flashback v1 on the apple app?  They've gone with just the stock TC ones remaining.

I see they are all there for V2 but I don't own that, can us V1 owners get our artist tonepints back please?

Thanks

Andy

read more...
    0 103
    • strat110
      TC-Mike

Hi Andy,

thanks for the note.

due to some server issues many toneprints were gone from the ap over the last weekend . it has been fixed and all toneprint content for all pedals is back again. 

Just restart the app wit Wifi enabled, so it can update to latest content package.

Best regards,

Mike

• July 3, 2019
  • do_noise
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-29

Hi,

I just got a Vortex flanger and I see an update on the Downloads tab of the product website. Does anyone know what this update does and how do I know if my pedal needs to be updated (or if it is already loaded with the latest firmware)?

read more...
    0 147
    • do_noise
      TC-Mike

Hi Do_Noise,

the 1.0.04 update is quite old and at the time of release it fixed a compatibility issue using the Tonprint editor with certain version of iOS (at that time). No functionality changed.

Best,

Mike

• June 30, 2019
Go to page