Brand

TC Electronic

235,570 members
111,338 posts
  • strat110
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-02

Hello,

What has happened to all the artist toneprints for the flashback v1 on the apple app?  They've gone with just the stock TC ones remaining.

I see they are all there for V2 but I don't own that, can us V1 owners get our artist tonepints back please?

Thanks

Andy

read more...
    0 123
    • strat110
      TC-Mike

Hi Andy,

thanks for the note.

due to some server issues many toneprints were gone from the ap over the last weekend . it has been fixed and all toneprint content for all pedals is back again. 

Just restart the app wit Wifi enabled, so it can update to latest content package.

Best regards,

Mike

• July 3, 2019
  • do_noise
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-29

Hi,

I just got a Vortex flanger and I see an update on the Downloads tab of the product website. Does anyone know what this update does and how do I know if my pedal needs to be updated (or if it is already loaded with the latest firmware)?

read more...
    0 167
    • do_noise
      TC-Mike

Hi Do_Noise,

the 1.0.04 update is quite old and at the time of release it fixed a compatibility issue using the Tonprint editor with certain version of iOS (at that time). No functionality changed.

Best,

Mike

• June 30, 2019
  • Larsibassi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-28

If I set in the toneprint app a knob as "Compressor-Level Mid" so the knob effekts both "Level Mid" and "Level all". Is it possible to seperate the knob function from "level all"?

0 175
    • Larsibassi
      TC-Mike

Hi Larsibassi,

per default Level all and Level Mid are linked and when Level all is changed you keep the relations of the bands intact.

If you want to control the 3 gains of the bands individually, you need to change the mapping and remove the "Level all" mapping and replace it with individual Gain curves for the 3 bands (you can map up to 3 parameters to one pot each with their individual mapping curve.

Try the "DynaQ" template from the Toneprint app, which has mapped Level Low, Mid and High to "level","attack" and "blend" potmeter, so you can gain the individual bands while "sustain" pot controls the overall threshold for all bands.

You can also take this further and map individual thresholds to each of the bands.

Best regards,

Mike

• July 1, 2019
  • HermanAbinette
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-28

I haven't turn on the amp in a month or so, but when switched on I'm not getting any sound what-so-ever, and the 'On' light is green, but blinking.
    Any advice before I go to a tech for repair?

Thanks

read more...
    0 95
  • eggy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-26

I thought for sure there'd be more posts in this new forum by now.

Namely for the DittoX4,

Isn't there a way to port all the old forum posts into this new one.

Or is there another forum for TC Electronics hardware i don't know about?

read more...
    0 145
    • eggy
      TC-Mike

Hi eggy,

the old forum post are actually integrated into the new forum. it is just not too easy to find it and you have to use the search function within the musicians tribe:

search ditto x4.PNG

if you use the global search of the community (upper right corner) , you will only find 3 posts and the community search doesn't seem to include all content.

Cheers,

Mike

• June 30, 2019
  • eggy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-26

I hope this is the right forum:

It'd be great if the Ditto X4 'Fade' feature did not also have to 'fade-in' (or fade back in).

For now, it's a neet feature to finish a song. But what if i want to fade-out of a Verse or Chorus loop.

you're likely not going to want to fade-in. Be great if there was an option to not fade-in but rather have the loops be ready to start when needed.

Presently, when you use the 'Fade' feature, the LED stays on and the only way you can bring your loop back is to either 1) fade-in, or 2) do a tap-dance to disable the Fade. (which never goes right during a performance).

During a performance, it'd be alot less tap-dancing/juggling if we could bring the loops back in immediately (i.e. from a dead stop) without having to fade them in again..

read more...
    0 113
    • eggy
      TC-Mike

Are you talking about the FADE playback FX or the decay feature? 

ditto x4 decay.PNG

dito x4 fade fx.PNG

With decay fully counter clockwise and Fade FX disabled playback will start/stop imediately.

cheers,

Mike

• July 1, 2019
  • JimJam
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-20

Hi totally newbe here, today bought Corona, FlashBack 2 and HOF2 pedals.

Do you guys have any idea how to switch toneprint setting in one click for all three pedals? Like playing a show and for each scene or song you would like to have another setting instead of time consuming beaming each pedal indivdual.
    Hope you can help me out, thanks in advance!!

read more...
    0 152
    • JimJam
      TC-Mike

You cannot switch settings on multiple pedals at the same time .

if you are connected to editor, you can switch between TP settings in realtime while connected via USB to editor, but you can only connect 1 pedal at a time.

Best regards,

Mike

• June 24, 2019
  • Bluehemisphere
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-06-19

Hi all. Recently bought a pipeline tremolo. Shipped with a standard sine type form in the "Vintage" switch mode, a gentle square waveform in the "Square" mode, and I can't remember what was in the "TonePrint" switch position. Possibly the same as "square". 

Anyway I plug in via USB or use the TonePrint app via mobile phone and change the TonePrint slot. Fine. Good. Works. 

HOWEVER, it also seems to put that TonePrint sound on the "square" mode position as well! 

(I have tried putting the "default" TonePrint back on and it then still does the same thing)

Is this the correct way it should function? I presume not. Hence the three-way toggle switch n'est-ce pas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Jon

read more...
    0 86
    • Bluehemisphere
      TC-Mike

Hi Blue Hemisphere,

i tried to reproduce it, but it works as it should and after storing a toneprint it will only affect the toneprint slot of the pedal. 

Please confirm that after storing a toneprint, you disconnect from the editor !! before switching to SQUARE setting, otherwise you will still hear your toneprint setting. While connected to edtor, you ALWAYS hear the buffered settings from the editor and NOT what is stored in the pedal slots! , You should always stay in toneprint position while working with the app/editor.

hope this helps.

With best regards from the TC people,

Mike

• July 1, 2019
  • TC-James
    Triber Moderator
    2019-06-14

CALLING ALL FLASHBACK 2 USERS!

Thanks to your extensive feedback, we have developed a new firmware update for the Flashback 2 and we are NOW SEARCHING FOR BETA TESTERS!

The update gives users the option of having TAP TEMPO as the secondary footswitch function and true stereo input instead of MASH.

After updating to firmware V1.2.00, you can toggle between MASH and TAP TEMPO as a global setting for your Flashback 2 in the TonePrint App.

Press and hold the footswitch for 1.5 seconds to activate TAP TEMPO control (power LED turns green), then tap the footswitch in sync with your desired tempo to adjust delay times accordingly.

When TAP TEMPO is selected from the TonePrint App the MASH LED will constantly flash to display 1/4 note tempo of the delays, even when the pedal is turned off so you can always tell if you're on time.

The firmware update also fixes a small bug regarding stereo summing in buffered bypass mode when using stereo output.

If you own a Flashback 2 and you'd like to help us beta test firmware V1.2.00, please contact us :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, 1.2.00 firmware is now officially released and can be downloaded on the TC website:
    https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/FLASHBACK-2-DELAY/p/P0CKR/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Thanks for all the help and feedback. With best regards,  Mike  TC electronic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

read more...
    5 6,970
    • TC-James
      TC-Mike

This is how you disable MASH switch to activate the TAP tempo feature on the new 1.2.00 firmware:

• Connect you Fb2 pedal to your computer or mobile device

• Start the Toneprint app 

• Select the Flashback 2 in the Templates view:
        flashback 2 beta disable mash1.PNG

• Select any template from the list and click on the pencil icon to edit it 
        fb2 diable mash 2.PNG

• click on the Product Settings tab and then on the MASH switch lever as seen in the screenshot

• fb2 product settings.PNG

• you have now disabled MASH switch functionality and the MASH LED should no blink and indicate the current delay time

• the setting is remmebered until you enable  MASH again 

• June 13, 2019
    • TC-James
      APG247

I own a TC Electronic Nova Delay and love the hold tap tempo feature where you can hold down the tap tempo button, play a rhythm and the pedal listens to the tempo you play and matches it. Will that feature be available on the Flashback 2?

• June 25, 2019
    • TC-James
      gmobbs

Hi TC-James,...Just read about the FB2 firmware update that enables tap tempo in lieu of MASH.  That's a great trade-off in my book, and I'd really like to be included in the beta-testing on this new firmware.  What's the proceedure for getting involved?  Thanks!

George (Seattle, WA)  425-922-8688

• July 25, 2019
    • TC-James
      rushrn61

Hi,

Please send me the Firmware V1.2.00 update for TAP TEMPO secondary function on the Flashback 2

Thank you in advance,

Randy
      • July 27, 2019
    • TC-James
      countach74

I'd like to try the firmware as well.

• July 29, 2019
  • bettsaj
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-06-10

Simple question really... I already have a G-Force which has good delays, however I have this urge to buy a D-Two... Is there any benefit in buying a D-two if I already have a G-force? are the delays any better?

I play in a Floyd Tribute, and like the idea of running one delay into another (Run Like Hell for example was originally done like that, I currently have the G-Force set up with a dual delay with two different delay times to recreate Run Like Hell)

read more...
    0 418
    • bettsaj
      TC-Mike

the D-Two has some delay types the G-force doesn't have, most notable the Rhythm Tap multi tap delay, but you are already well stocked with your existing G-Force and it's possibilities.

If you want to expand on the G-Force delay sounds you might also consider our Flashback 2 pedal instead which has TC latest algos like  proper Tape and Analog BBD Delay emulations , Crystal delays (Shimmer type delay with an Octaver up in the feedback path) + Modulated delay where you can choose between Chorus, Flanger and Vibrato modulations on the delay repeats+ MASH technology, which is a pressure sensor build into the foot switch for realtime mangling of FX parameters. 

Further more you can customise you own delays via the Toneprint editor and program which parameters the potmeters or the MASH switch should control.. (including parameter ranges and control of up to 3 parameters at the same time.

And it also has a Looper build in...(20 seconds stereo, 40 seconds mono recording time)

More infos can be found here:
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/FLASHBACK-2-DELAY/p/P0CKR#googtrans(en|en)

Here is a screenshot of the editor to give you and idea of the parameters you can tweak:

Tape delay:
      fb2 editor example tape echo.PNG

In the mapping window of the editor you can customise what parameters the pots should control and then store your custom toneprints in the pedal:

fb2 editor custom mapping of potmeters.PNG

You can also just use the toneprint library of our many artist toneprints giving you a wide variety of great delay and echo tones ranging to snappy Slap back delays to long ambient delays with a max delaytime of up to 7! seconds in pristine quality.

fb2 editor artist toneprint.PNG

Hope this help and let me know if you have further questions.

Best,

Mike

• June 11, 2019
    • bettsaj
      bettsaj

Hi Mike,

The Flashback 2 looks good, and the fact it can reproduce a Binsen is very interesting to me. There is one issue, although it can store 3 user "patches" there's no way of recalling these remotely via midi..... Is this something that will maybe looked into as an update in the future? All my pedals are off the floor in a pedal draw in my rack, and therefore a pedal like the Flashback 2 is great, but not much use if I can't select between the 3 stored user delays.

I could ustilise it as just a Binsen clone, but i feel I wouldn't be getting the full use out of it, which it deserves.

Andy

• June 12, 2019
    • bettsaj
      TC-Mike

Hi Andy,

remote selection of settings  is not possible to implement with the FB2  . it is theoretically possible to do USB midi control, but that doesn't make too much sense in a pedalboard setting,as you'll need a laptop and DAW to send Midi commands .  If features like presets on top of Toneprint slots + full midi implementation (midi sync + remote control of potmeters) are important, then i'm happy to report we already looked into this, but this is all i can say at this point of time unfortunately.   

• June 12, 2019
    • bettsaj
      Dreams Hi, I would go for the D-Two, the delays in the D-Two is more than excellent sounding, but I guess it is "individual taste". I have the G-Force as well, and bought the D-Two after experiencing it in a studio.
      • July 15, 2020
Go to page