TC Electronic

254,249 members
131,915 posts
  • TomR
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-25

Hi guys,

I am about to purchase a G-system, but I need to know one thing:

If I just plug my guitar into the G-System's input, and go from the G-System's mono output straight into the amp's input - NOT using the FX loop at all, will FX like reverb, delay etc work?

I'm aware that this is not ideal - using the FX loop is a no-brainer - but I am in a situation right now where the FX loop on the amp I'm using is not working at all. I've been having to go straight into the amp input from my FX pedals for a while (I know, it's heresy, but it's what I've got and I have no alternative, with a gig in two weeks).

I just need to know if I'm still going to be able to use reverb if I totally ignore FX loop configurations and go straight from the pedal to the amp's instrument input.

Thank you - and sorry to the gear heads I must be upsetting

Tom

read more...
    0 80
  • red99
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-25

What is the actual output (watts) of the TC 250BH bass amp @ 8ohms? 

0 119
    • red99
      Nigell2019

Hello 

This is a tough nut to crack, and it really depends on the age and quality of the Soilid State amplifier. 

All though SS amps are getting much better, and louder, in my experience they are still a stones throw away from the raw loudness you will get from tubes. I have always used a 6 to 1 ratio for a rough estimate. So I would think your 250 head would be equivilant to a 30 - 40 watt tube amp, this of course depends on the speakers and the ohm rating  4, 8 etc .  .  

• November 26, 2019
    • red99
      TC-Lars

Hi.

The BH250 will deliver 250W at minimal load (which is 4 Ohms). It will deliver 125W at 8 Ohm.

Now, what a class-D amplifier will deliver in terms of "percieved loudness" etc. has a lot to do with what you play on that class-D amplifier (how dynamic your playing is, how percussive your playing is etc.). So yes, how loud you can play your guitar or bass with class-D and tube-power cannot be compared in terms of their wattage 

/Lars

• November 26, 2019
  • yann_
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-24

As the Title says... 

Will there be any updates for the clarity some improvements... 

Addons, A VU Meter... etc... 

??? 

0 173
    • yann_
      TC-Nicolaj

Hi Yann, that's an excellent idea! No guarantees, but I'll make sure to forward the suggestion to the development team.

• November 27, 2019
  • RL
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-23

Hello - when I connect the spectracomp to the tone print editor, I see no correlation between the position of the knob and the reading I get. Meaning - when the knob is all the way left the reading is about 20%. When the knob is at Mid, the reading is about 100%, when the knob is all the way to the right, the reading is about 40% etc. Its realy all over the place so I can't get accurate setting with the knob. This of course also reflects in the sounds I get when the pedal is not connected to the tone print but just to my guitar and amp.

Is this a defect or is it possible to do some kind of "reset" for the pedal?

I updated the latest firmware - 706.

read more...
    0 186
    • RL
      TC-Lars

Hi RL.

Please remember that the SpectraComp is a fairly advanced 3 band compressor that only has 1 knob.
      So this knob can control up to three parameters and I don't know which parameter you're looking at (or for which TonePrint) when you say that it's "not compatible".

Please go to the "Mapping" tab in the TonePrint App to see which parameters are mapped to the Compression knob on the pedal. Here you can see how the (up to) three parameters act depending on where the knob is on the range. The marker (highlighted in Yellow on the screenshot I've added) should move across the screen when you turn the knob. And it should follow the "Knob Range" from left to right when you turn the knob.

Does you pedal act like it should, then everything is OK.

Kind Regards,
      Lars

SpectraComp_knob_range_mapping.JPG
      • November 24, 2019
    • RL
      RL

Hi Lars - Thanks for your response.

I have added a video to illustrate the problem.

(view in My Videos)

• November 24, 2019
    • RL
      TC-Lars

Hi.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. 
      Thanks for the video, this clearly shows that you have a problem..

This looks more like a hardware-related issue than a software issue, in my opinion. I could be wrong of course, but this does not look like a software issue. 
      How long have you had this pedal and has it always behaved like this?

I have seen similar behaviour in potentiometers that have somehow gotten "past" their stop-point in analog electronics.

I think you need to have you pedal exchanged or repaired. I can't say for sure, but it looks like the potentiometer is broken.

You will have to contact the support (and I do apologize that they are currently working on a new system to handle tickets, so please have patience).

/Lars 

• November 24, 2019
  • lifter035
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-22

I was dealing with Pedro Rodrigues and after a lot of back and forth he acknowledged the issue and opened the ticket with R&D team. Issue is that if you edit any preset and save it in User Presets slot and save Ableton project, after re-opening that project preset loaded is usually last signature preset in the list. I have to manually select my user presets on each of the instances of both TC2290-DT and DVR250-DT every time I open Ableton project. http://rootylicious.com/TC_Delay_Issue_MacBookPro.mp4

This works fine in Logic X with AU units

I have no knowledge if anyone from R&D is working on this issue or not for 4 months now. Both of these units are on my desk but I don't use them anymore.

If this is not going to be fixed please I would like to send these back and money refunded.

It is going on for too long

read more...
    0 247
    • lifter035
      lifter035

Oh lovely it seems that both tickets are closed (didn't even know that there are two tickets).

BTW I can't open any of these tickets

Screenshot:

TC_tickets closed.jpg

TC_tickets closed.jpg
      • November 22, 2019
    • lifter035
      yann_

So did you get a refund? 

I was planning on buying em in the near future... 

But now reading this i will not, seems like TC is not caring about their customers again, like some years ago up until now, people are so naive still buying their new gear. 

Do they even want to have customers... 

• November 24, 2019
    • lifter035
      lifter035

No I'm still hoping they will fix this issue as I really like the units and effects but as I primarily use Ableton they are pain in the ass to use as I have to manually select user preset on every instance in my project every time I open it

I do live in Ireland so I have 6 years of warranty by law anyway. I can always get my money back

• November 26, 2019
    • lifter035
      lifter035

But yeah customer service is **bleep**, as much as some of the people there try, there's no way that you can track if someone is working on the issue or not so you lose faith in them and feel deserted.

I work as a software developer so I know how ticketing and support should work. This is not support

• November 26, 2019
    • lifter035
      TC-Claus

Hi lifter035,

This issue is related to the VST plugin - please use the AU version i Ableton Live

All the best from

Claus

• November 28, 2019
  • saddison65
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-22

Is there any way to access my personal toneprints (currently stored on my Macbook) so that I can beam them whilst away from the Macbook? 

0 197
    • saddison65
      TC-Samuel

Hi @saddison65 

Sorry, we didn't get back to you. Unfortunately, at this point there is no option for that. It is something we are looking into though!

best,
      Sam

• December 5, 2019
  • gz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-21
    0 118
    • gz
      gz

Apparently I don't know how to use this forum.  Anyway...

Is there any way to modify the non-TonePrint slots on a TonePrint pedal?

The Mash feature on the Flashback 2 gradually increases the intenstiy of the effect. I just got an HoF2, only to discover that the Mash on this pedal abruptly removes the effect - just the oppostie of the Mash function on the Flashback, and just the opposite of what I want the Mash to do on any pedal with Mash. 

I can design the effects in the TonePrint slots to do what I want, but can I alter the other slots at all, or am I stuck with uselss presets, at least in terms of the Mash function?

• November 21, 2019
  • luc_armstrong
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-21

Hi!

I had a full-size TC Electronic Sub 'n' up. I lost it in a robbery here in Brazil, but I miss the default toneprint setting that I had on that one.

Now I have the mini version of the Sub 'n' up with fewer knobs and footprint. but can it sound as the default toneprint of it's bigger brother? i dont know, but maybe a preset in the tone library?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 185
    • luc_armstrong
      TC-Samuel

Hi Luc,
      Thanks for letting us know! It seems we didn't convert the default toneprint when we released the mini. Looking at it now and it should be in the app later today under the name "Sub'n'Up default"

• November 28, 2019
  • goldsman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-21

I was wondering if someone could recommend a Toneprint which mimicks a simple delay + octaver effect?   I took a look at the editor and it makes my head spin at first glance...

I'm trying to get something along the lines of what Neil Young does in "Life a Hurricane"

read more...
    0 111
    • goldsman
      TC-Kristian

Hi @goldsman 

You could try out the Crystal TonePrint which is delay with each feedback going through an octaver. This produces a shimmering effect which is cool for soundscaping and the more ethereal stuff.

But for Neil Young's tone on Like a hurricane I'd probably go for just a bit of slap back delay on either Tape or Analog and then play an octave interval with my hands. I think there's some reverb on there too. That might be it. 

Hope you're liking the Flashback 2! 

Rock on, 

Kristian

• December 8, 2019
  • Nightfishing141
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-20

Anyone have some details on how the stereo input work on the mimiq?

Are they summed and then a new stereo field created or is there a different signal path. 

Thanks for the help! Any info would be appreciated

read more...
    0 199
    • Nightfishing141
      TC-Samuel

Hi @Nightfishing141 
      I'm trying to do some research on this, but I'm not really understanding it. Dry seems to control the mono input only and wet seems to control both channels. I'm guessing it sums both channels and creates a new stereofield. Then depending on the number of dubs it will placed differently. Basically, I seems to make no difference whether you feed it with a stereo signal or a mono signal.

• December 5, 2019
    • Nightfishing141
      TC-Samuel

I'll ask around the HQ and see if anyone knows more about this

• December 5, 2019
Go to page