TC Electronic

Brand

TC Electronic

253,627 members
131,201 posts
  • Viktortaz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-15

I have the Flashback II, and Duel Delay by Andy Martin is by far my favorite toneprint, mainly cause the mash setting is fantastic. Now I have the Flashback II x4, and this toneprint is not available. I tried to beam it anyway, even if it is supposed to be a Flashback II toneprint, but it sounds very different on the Flashback II x4. I assume that you can not beam Flashback II toneprints on Flashback II x4. I can not find any toneprint available for Flashback II x4 that has the same AMAZING mash function. 

Does anyone know if this is just a malfunction? A Flashback II toneprint should work on Flasback II x4? If not, any suggestion on how to achieve the mash behavior of the Duel Delay on the Flashback II X4? You can hear the mash function I'm talking about on this video at 7:21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-MPQPJMSww&t=257s

Thx a lot for your help, guys!

read more...
    0 174
    • Viktortaz
      TC-Mike

Flashback2 toneprints cannot work on a FB 2X4 as they have a slitghtly different parameterset (Expression peal modifier eg), so you have to use the converted Flashback 2 X4 toneprints.

artist toenprints for the Flashback2 should also be available for the x4 version. 

I have somebody look into the missing Andy Martin Toneprint for the FB2 X4..

Best regards,

Mike

• November 17, 2019
    • Viktortaz
      TC-Mike

Hi Victortaz,

just want to let you know that the missing Andy Martin dual delay toneprint is now back in the app.

have a nice weekend and best regards,

Mike

• November 21, 2019
  • -Wabisabi-
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-13

Hi there,

I need help please, because I have some problem with the right connection of my G Major I. I've linked my guitar to the combo amp (Roland VGA 5), and after I connected the Line Out (SEND) from my amp to the mono imput of G major and the mono output in Ext In. (RETURN). Is series connection. But I don't know why I can't use the function for mute the output and use the tuner, and also the sound don't work properly, there are so many feedback. I've tried also to activate the function Kill Dry, but nothing. Unfortunately I can't understand the problem. If someone can help me  should be great. Thank you in advance!Roland-VGA-5-V-Guitar-COSM-modeling-Amplifier-100V-DISCONTINUED-_57.jpg

read more...
    0 133
    • -Wabisabi-
      kiskadar69

"Is series connection.", No, it isn't.

IMO the Roland VGA-5 is an all-in-one solution, so it is not designed to connect with the TC G-Major. You don't need to, because VGA-5 has COSM effects.

• December 10, 2019
    • -Wabisabi-
      GiorgosIndie

I don't know if it helps now, but  you can't take the line out of an amp and then just sending it again inside the amp!

I don't know this particular amp, but I am pretty sure it doesn't have an effects loop, so you can use the G-Major only like this: guitar -> G-Major -> amp.

• February 23, 2020
  • jsmalbro
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-13

Hi!

Can I download an earlier version of the Toneprint Editor anywhere? 

My MacBook Pro is too old o run the current version. I have two specific sounds that I would like my Quintessence to make, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Best regards

Jesper

read more...
    0 111
    • jsmalbro
      TC-Mike

hi, there are no older vesions of the editor available and Quintessence needs at least version 4.xx to run as earlier versions had no support for the pedal. 

You can also use Android, iOS version or PC version of the editor as a workaround....

Best regards,

Mike

• November 13, 2019
  • Cyrill
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-11

Does anyone have a user manuel, operating manual and/or service manual or the TC 1140 HS or TC 2240 param eq/preamp? I'm wondering what the internal switch on the preamp curcuit board serves for. 

0 457
  • stribo1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-10

Hi there. I play trumpet and saxophone in a band and was wondering if this was possible.... can I run my trumpet through the stereo input with a switch on the stage mic (toggle on and off when not playing), and run my sax through the mono input with also a switch to toggle on and off when not in use?

Also, is the stereo signal for the 'trumpet' going to send to the board half the output strength of the mono signal? I hope this is possible - that would be really cool. As I'm sure you're aware the gain of the trumpet compared to the saxophone is significantly different hence the need to run both channels seperately into the board. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. 

read more...
    0 90
  • madanthony81
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-08

hi I bought Vintage Guitar Effects a couple years ago.  I just signed in to Musictribe for the first time i think. 

0 135
    • madanthony81
      madanthony81

So, I dont have the serial numbers anymore or anything. Thanks.

• November 8, 2019
    • madanthony81
      TC-Claus

Hi madanthony81,

Vintage Guitar Pedal Bundle (VGPB) is authorized with Your iLok - You should be able to see Your licenses in the iLok Manager ... ?

All the best from

Claus

• November 11, 2019
    • madanthony81
      madanthony81

I couldnt find it on my Ilok.  I think i never registered it.  

• November 17, 2019
  • Torsten
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-08
    0 184
  • WinterHill
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-07

I am adding this here because I have not been able to lodge a "Care Ticket" without Google Chrome browser hanging and failing to complete the process.

I am seeking access to a more extensive documentation of the lastest version of toneprint (in this case, as it relates to Flashback 2). Specifically, an explanation of all of the parameters present within each of the different delay templates (Tape, Digital etc etc) and a more detailed documentation of what these parameters refer to (for e.g. Wow - shape of the LFO, how the knob % value relates to a specific cycle rate, is it fixed or randomised etc etc) OR simply more detailed descriptions of the available values (i.e. the clipping types and why each have been included, or to what the abbreviations refer).

In some cases it would be nice if the knob values simply reflected these real world values (e.g. Hz), rather than percentages. When toneprinting hardware emulations in studios (for e.g. RE-201, RE-501, Fulltone Tube tape echos, Lexicon Prime Time etc etc) we are happy just using our ears, but in some cases would find it quicker and more precise to use other tools available to us (RX Advanced, Oscilloscopes etc) to match the behaviours more precisely. Providing additional information would make this process simpler.

Toneprint is such a powerful tool, we would like to be able to use it in a slightly more informed manner. It doesn't appear that this documentation has been updated since the initial version of the application and I think it would be useful if this updated information were made available in either a Toneprint manual or within the individual pedal manuals. Even instructions for quick functions like clearing a parameter from knob assignment is not immediately clear and would benefit from explicit documentation; this was not included in the original documentation.

PS. As an aside, it'd be nice if you could combine any of the possible note subdivisions when assigning behaviours to the switch. On a space echo my favourite setting is a crotchet with a minim triplet (heads 2 and 3) and while I can configure each of these singularly, I cannot combine the two and must settle on the compromise of a crotchet with a dotted 8th; a quite different feeling combination.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully others may agree and this post can further the development of such documentation.

read more...
    0 150
    • WinterHill
      TC-Mike

Hi WinterHill,

regarding the failed ticket submit, can you Pm me a screenshot of the date you entered, so i can pass this on to our developers. We had more customers reporting the same thing and would like to get to the bottom of this asap. Please also include your Os version , so we can try to reproduce the issue.

As for the your question regarding a more detailed parameter documentation, we currently don't have an updated manual available, but it is planned will include mouse over help in future versions of the toneprint app.. 

Regarding the Flashback 2 parameters, i attached some basic parameter desciptions for all Fb2 parameters in the toneprint app .  Please note this is not an official relased document, but something i made myself for internal use.... Hope this helps you get a better understanding of the product.

fb2 digital delay parameters.PNG

Have a nice weekend and best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

fb2 digital delay parameters.PNG
      • November 7, 2019
    • WinterHill
      TC-Mike

attached are all parameter descriptions for the new Tape delay algo....

Fb 2 Tape delay parameters.PNG

Fb 2 Tape delay parameters.PNG
      • November 7, 2019
    • WinterHill
      TC-Mike

and here are the parameter descriptions of the Modulation and Octaver block..
      !!please note that Mod and Octaver cannot be used in conjunction with the Tape algo due to DSP limitations (or rather because the Tape emulation uses a lot! of DSP cycles!!

Fb2 Modulation and octaver parameters.PNG

Fb2 Modulation and octaver parameters.PNG
      • November 7, 2019
    • WinterHill
      deegriffee

Please provide a parameter list for the Quintessance Harmonizer

• February 18, 2020
  • Rennier
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-07

The PowerCore was an expensiv hardware based VST plugin System form t.c. electronic. 14 Plugins are free on the hardware, all other licensed plugins you had could buy and register until 2017. Until 2018 t.c.electronic has closed all services and the user-acounts are frozen now (or deleted, no one knows). Now you can't move a license to another hardware or buy one. You can use it like it is, until something gets broken. If your hardware don't work anymore and you have to change the Hardware, all your license are gone. All useable Plugins you could use at the PowerCore Hardware are fixed at the driver software but without the license there are no chance to use it. The System should be dead now, but a lot of people still need it for make music and had payed a lot of money for license they could not use someday in the future.

We are more tha a few :

https://secure.avaaz.org/de/community_petitions/Uli_Behringer_-_Music_Tribe_unchain_the_Powercore_plugins_for_all_registred_Owners/?fVyobpb&fbogname=Chris+R.&fbclid=IwAR2C1mQ9i6OQMlul90yCJ8fImxjzyQE8eu4_3bBv8QzqmKbPXO9RQseuDVg

read more...
    3 373
  • RW_Bass
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-06

Hi all,

I have a sub n up mini. But what I now realise is that rather than having an octave above or below what I am looking for is the same note being played. I know the Brainwave pedal has the unison feature but that is too much level for what I need. Does the editing software allow to put the unison note in there?

Thanks in advance Richard

read more...
    0 181
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Hi Richard,

the Sub'n Up and mini versions are classic octavers and can only do fixed octave transposition, so it is not possible to do unisono/ ADT (automated double tracking)  sounds.

Both our Brainwaves Pitch shifter  and Quintessence Harmoniser can do unisono sounds with up to 2 extra voices that can be individually detuned (up or down). Brainwaves has a dedicated Detune mode in which Voice 1 and Voice 2 intervals don't work in semitones/octaves, but detune the signal up to 50 cents up/or down.
      Our Mimic pedal steps int the same area, but i like the brainwaves better for this. Mimic adds also random timing variations and not just detunes the signal, which is more subtle.

brainwaves detune.PNG

We have a great Dual detune toneprint template available where the basic amount of detuning can be set via the 2 voice pots , but via MASH switch you can dynamically change the detune amount, which i really like and has become my standard application. This works also great with other instruments like synthesizers and keys.

double detune.PNG

With best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

• November 6, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      RW_Bass

Hi,

Thnaks for that.

It is funny but I want a really simple pedal... 2 knobs Dry and Unison or the the same note, created in the same way an octaver does but in the same pitch. 

The Brainwave is too much pedal in a box and I dont need that fuctionality, and the mimic is very close delay so a copy of your sound.

What I don't understand is why no manudaturer does Dry, 1 down Octave synthed, Unison Synthed, 1 up Octave synth. Simple. Cant be that difficult

Cheers!

• November 6, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Octavers like the sub'n up and classic ones are designed to shift the signals in octaves and use a different processing algorithm compared to a pitch shifter that is not suited for microshifting. classic octaver achieve
      the transposed octaves by using flip flops to create a square wave of the input signal at 1/2 or 1/4 of input frequency and due to nature of square wave have a buzzy, synth like tone. A unison sound / micro detuning would just not sound very natural with a classic octaver. So, if you look for a product that does Detuning/microshifting + can work as an octaver, a "real" pitch shifter is much better suited for the task.

Best regards,

Mike

• November 7, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      RW_Bass

Hi!

Thant answers the question, but rather creates a problem on my board

Thanks!

Richard

• November 7, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Hi Richard,

you should see it as a challenge instead. and one that can be solved

The Brainwaves with it's two voices can give you both an nice sounding octaver(up to 2 octaves up or down) + a detune effect in classic Pitch shift mode.Voice 2 needs to be set to "custom" , so that you can do microshifting below one semitone for unison sound. When bypassing the FX, you will always toggle both Octaver  (voice 1) and unison (voice 2) , but if you eg don't want either octaver or unison to be active at the same time, you can also use the MASH switch (pressure sensor in footswitch) to control FX level of octaver or unison FX dynamically (eg unison or octaver are only active as long as you hold down the footswitch + can also alter detuning amount .(up to 3 parameters, each ith its own parameter curve can be assigned to MASH)

octasonic.PNG

Have a nice weekend and best regards,

Mike

• November 7, 2019
Go to page