Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

KS21

Does anyone know when the preset for the L' acoustic KS21 will be released?

Ditten Lerooij
DittenLerooij Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-14

2019-10-14

KS21

Does anyone know when the preset for the L' acoustic KS21 will be released?

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: KS21

Hi @DittenLerooij ,

If regarding IPD series amplifiers...

Unfortunatly the IPD2400 is a little underpowered for the KS21, you would likely find the amp starts to drop power with sustained use driving KS21.

If regarding LAKE amplifiers...

I would like to get the KS21 preset into the loadlibrary, however the process requires measuring the manufacturers speaker to create a preset from scratch or measuring another amplifier output to create a clone. This is due to the data not being readily available online or from the manufacturer.

It is on my radar to get done when possible, unfortunatly I cannot give you an estimate of when this might be done for you. 

Alexander Lane | Triber, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Alex,

I did a quick measurement and have a base ready for use on my 5K44, but still need to set limiter settings.

I only have Smaart to measure, no equipment to measure amp outputs unfortunable...

Ditten Lerooij
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @DittenLerooij 

I just did a quick google and found the A&E spec online, including the RMS power. Now this is going to be a rough guess for your limiter setting (particularly on the peak power, assuming peak is double the RMS) but it is a good starting point.

RMS power is 467 Watts @ 8 Ohms

Assuming you are using 35dB amp gain...

Set RMS limiter to 2.94dBu

Set Peak limiter to 5.95dBu (you may want to increase this after listening test)

Set ISVPL to 86.44 Vpk, (again, you may want to increase this after listening test)

Set ISVPL to SUB profile

Alexander Lane | Triber, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs