bugera amps

Newcomer - Level 1
i own 2 333's not infinium,and a Trirec infinium no problem so far.thats a good thing.if anyone knows anything about either of these amps,that i need to know about them,or just want to talk bugera give me a shout!Smiley Very Happy
6 Comments
Contributor - Level 3
Having a rig with a Marshall, Orange and 3 Line6 amps.... I know nothing about Bugera 333.

You own and use them, why not to tell us more?

The only thing I can say by reading the quick specs, is 34kgs and no wheels... Ouch! First thing I did on my gear is adding wheels, tired of ruining my back on these.
-Patrick
Contributor - Level 2
I am new to the forum and may not be searching in the right place yet . I own a V5 and a V22 infinium head. I live in London and run them both from a mains transformer which reduces the wall socket measured AC supply voltage from about 240 to 245 down to around 220 to 225 . I do this in the belief that the amplifier transformers are designed for continental European voltages. I seem to make a habit of this sort of thing because I also have a USA spec Vox amp designed for 120 volts and I have another larger stepdown transformer for that also. Any thoughts on this voltage issue as far as it effects the tube voltages, I see from the circuit schematics that there are zener diodes and voltage
Contributor - Level 3
I thought Europe normalized its voltage to 230? (France went from 220 to 230 and UK from 240 down to 230) about what... 15 years ago?.

My Orange amp (circa 1978!) has a selector for several voltages. I've been running it using the 230 selection and never had any issue. No zener in the Orange, just the mains transformer, to a diode bridge and a few capacitors! brute force power
-Patrick

Tim Edwards;59827 wrote:
I am new to the forum and may not be searching in the right place yet . I own a V5 and a V22 infinium head. I live in London and run them both from a mains transformer which reduces the wall socket measured AC supply voltage from about 240 to 245 down to around 220 to 225 . I do this in the belief that the amplifier transformers are designed for continental European voltages. I seem to make a habit of this sort of thing because I also have a USA spec Vox amp designed for 120 volts and I have another larger stepdown transformer for that also. Any thoughts on this voltage issue as far as it effects the tube voltages, I see from the circuit schematics that there are zener diodes and voltage
Contributor - Level 2
Patrick, I think that is true from an administrative point of view, they just widened the tolerances of the standards and chose 230 as a sort of mid point. I do not think that the generation and power distribution networks changed physically. Just use your multimeter and see what it shows at your wall socket! Same as the old days . This is quite a well worn subject and there is probably plenty written about it. My worry is over high plate voltage to my tubes, the solid state parts such as the reverb seem to be supplied from a voltage regulated circuit but the tubes are straight from the transformer and therefore dependant on supply voltage. I believe that this problem can be troublsome on fender blues junior amps unless the transformer wiring taps are corrected.
Contributor - Level 2
I am new to this forum and have not browsed it enough to have learned the etiquette yet. I am sorry if I have used an overly aggressive font in my subject line and also if my enquiry is looking like a high jack of the original thread it was not meant to be. I only got the V22 last week and am just getting to know it.