Top Solution Authors
AAR Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Microphone not working with fca610

Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone could assist me with a problem.

I have a Shure microphone running through a behringer fca610 interface, but it won't pop up as an option inside my DAW (Logic Pro x).

I have even set the mac to use microphone under privacy and security but the DAW just won't recognise that there is a microphone connected to the audio interface. 

Any suggestions are most welcome as I am nearly giving up on the interface having been trying and researching lots about it for nearly 2 weeks now. 

Thanks and good evening. 

AAR (Music Producer) 

AAR Contributor - Level 2 2019-12-01

2019-12-01

Microphone not working with fca610

Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone could assist me with a problem.

I have a Shure microphone running through a behringer fca610 interface, but it won't pop up as an option inside my DAW (Logic Pro x).

I have even set the mac to use microphone under privacy and security but the DAW just won't recognise that there is a microphone connected to the audio interface. 

Any suggestions are most welcome as I am nearly giving up on the interface having been trying and researching lots about it for nearly 2 weeks now. 

Thanks and good evening. 

AAR (Music Producer) 

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: Microphone not working with fca610

@AAR 

While your interface is connected to your mac, hold the "option" key while opening the Apple menu (). Select "System Information...". Look under Hardware—USB (or firewire). There should be an entry that matches the interface (behringer? FCA610?). If there isn't, then it's a hardware problem. If it is, It's software. There is no driver to install as the FCA610 is class compliant.

Highlighted
AAR Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the advice Dave. 

Checked it out and found it to be Firewire which would mean as you mentioned be a Software issue perhaps?

Shall give it another few goes by adjusting levels of microphone etc and see what gives. Thanks and have a fantastic week ahead. 

AAR

Rock Star - Level 1

Hi @AAR , 

What version of macOS are you running?  You may want to try with USB instead of Firewire. See this article for instructions on how to change the mode: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/how-do-i-change-my-behringer-fca6101616-between-firewi...

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Rising Star - Level 2

@AAR 

Can you see the interface in  AudioMIDI setup . It's an app on your mac.