Contributor - Level 1

Connecting a loop station to GOXLR

Hello all, 

I am looking at getting the GOXLR as i broadcast. I currently have a DBX286 that goes into a RC505 Loop Station. I use the loop statoin currently for beatboxing and such when i stream. I would like to also add the GOXLR into this mix for additional voice effects that the RC505 does not provide me with. 

Can i add the GOXLR to this setup? 

Currently, the only way i see this working is if i use the PHONES out on my RC505 and put that goint to a connector with a XLR end into the input for a MIC on the GOXLR, as my RE20 goes into my DBX286 and then that goes 1/4 inch to XLR into the RC505 currently.

I know this all sounds like overkill, but i dont want to loose the looping of the RC505 i use for beatboxing and add the GOXLR as an additional resource for sound effects and voice mods. 

Im thinking my options are below

Options.PNG

legendaryladman Contributor - Level 1 2019-05-04

2019-05-04

Connecting a loop station to GOXLR

Hello all, 

I am looking at getting the GOXLR as i broadcast. I currently have a DBX286 that goes into a RC505 Loop Station. I use the loop statoin currently for beatboxing and such when i stream. I would like to also add the GOXLR into this mix for additional voice effects that the RC505 does not provide me with. 

Can i add the GOXLR to this setup? 

Currently, the only way i see this working is if i use the PHONES out on my RC505 and put that goint to a connector with a XLR end into the input for a MIC on the GOXLR, as my RE20 goes into my DBX286 and then that goes 1/4 inch to XLR into the RC505 currently.

I know this all sounds like overkill, but i dont want to loose the looping of the RC505 i use for beatboxing and add the GOXLR as an additional resource for sound effects and voice mods. 

Im thinking my options are below

Options.PNG

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Connecting a loop station to GOXLR

Hey there!

So there are a few things. First, you may be able to bypass the DBX286 entirely. Some prefer it, but there are many who don't. Regardless, I'm going to give you every solution I can think of:

1. You may not need the loop station at all. GoXLR does have a loop function for the Sampler. Depending on the level of depth you need for your loops, I don't see why GoXLR couldn't replace the RC505. I don't want to assume you've thought of this already, so I listed it, but I'm guessing there's a reason I'm not thinking about for why you want to use the RC505 in conjunction with GoXLR.
  2. There shouldn't be any real issues with running the DBX > TC505 like you do now. From there, take the Line Out (Mono) of the loop station and get a 1/4" to XLR that goes into the XLR in on GoXLR. From there you can monitor it like normal.

All in all, there may be a world where you don't need either of these pieces of equipment, but you can definitely run both by just going Mic > DBX > RC505 > GoXLR. Just make sure to start the gains out low so you don't blow anything out since you may be double, or even triple, gaining.

Community & Social Media - TC-Helicon - GoXLR