Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

NX1000

I bought a New "Damaged" NX1000 Power Amp and I am curious about something. 

First off... Damaged meaning the package was poked with something like the fork lift or something and it went through the box and scraped the paint off the front right grill but thats it. No Dents or Dings or anything else ANYWHERE, Just Missing Paint.

Okay, so NOW...

When I connect my Subs to it it seems they arent very loud but they bass pretty decent. I switch to the LPF and try mono and stereo and bridge mode and all the same results... My Subs are 600 Watt max (Highly Underrated) per DVC 4Ω wired to 2Ω in their own seperate cabinets so I am using them as seperate Left and Right subs (I think that made sense) and the amp is supposed to be 500 Watts per channel @ 2Ω but it just dont seem LOUD enough and when turned all the way up it just don't seem punchy enough... Am I doing something wrong or what? 

Thanks in advance, Jay 🙏🏾 
@Behringer @DrewBrashler 

WiKiT
WiKiT Contributor - Level 3 2020-05-18

2020-05-18

NX1000

I bought a New "Damaged" NX1000 Power Amp and I am curious about something. 

First off... Damaged meaning the package was poked with something like the fork lift or something and it went through the box and scraped the paint off the front right grill but thats it. No Dents or Dings or anything else ANYWHERE, Just Missing Paint.

Okay, so NOW...

When I connect my Subs to it it seems they arent very loud but they bass pretty decent. I switch to the LPF and try mono and stereo and bridge mode and all the same results... My Subs are 600 Watt max (Highly Underrated) per DVC 4Ω wired to 2Ω in their own seperate cabinets so I am using them as seperate Left and Right subs (I think that made sense) and the amp is supposed to be 500 Watts per channel @ 2Ω but it just dont seem LOUD enough and when turned all the way up it just don't seem punchy enough... Am I doing something wrong or what? 

Thanks in advance, Jay 🙏🏾 
@Behringer @DrewBrashler 

• 0 Kudos
  • 8 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: NX1000

Hi Jay @WiKiT ,

Welcome to the forum. The NX wattage ratings are continuous (also called program). Are your subs ratings RMS by chance (which is approx half of continuous)? How do you have the cabling wired at the amp (bridged or left and right) and inter-connected? Are the subs located on left and right side of the room/venue or are they together?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Triber Contributor

@WiKiT 

Kyle here from Music Tribe Customer Solutions in Las Vegas. As Paul said, it's possible you have a power rating mismatch. 

Can you please submit a technical support ticket at the link below for further troubleshooting?

https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Greetings @Paul_Vannatto  I apologize for not promptly replying.

Yes I am very educated on wattage and Ohmage, RMS and Continuous ratings. I just cant figure out why the amp dosent seem to be pushing them as hard as I expect them to.

They are 300watts RMS the link to them are below

https://www.massiveaudio.com/collections/subwoofers/products/tko124-600w-dual-4-ohm 

they are wired parallel (each are dual voice coil 4 Ohm wired to 2 Ohm) 
both in seperate boxes coming out Left and Right but I selected both Bridged AND Stereo but it still sounded the same.

The video I made for you tells you how I set it up (I think)  

Video 👉🏾 https://youtu.be/klMHCF3vdE4 

the subs are located in front of my setup to the left and right of my 6 foot table (I would be about a foot or 3 behind them to avoid feedback, I dont have a shark or supressor yet) 

the SpeakOn is wired double pole and TS on the other end. but I imagine that I could wire it 4 pole and run TRS on the other end and change out the Phono jacks in my backplate from momo to Stereo Phono so its 4 Ohm into each Coil Seperately so the amp its self could regulate the Impediance (Theoretically) 

I would like the bass to come out seperate channels in stereo as to some of my music plays that way so thats why I havent bridged it. 

I hope all this helps make sense of it all, Thank you for your input, WiKiT 🙏🏾

WiKiT
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you I certainly will. 🙏🏾

WiKiT
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

In the customer tribe section what do I select?

WiKiT
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@WiKiT wrote:

Yes I am very educated on wattage and Ohmage, RMS and Continuous ratings. I just cant figure out why the amp dosent seem to be pushing them as hard as I expect them to.

They are 300watts RMS the link to them are below

Unfortunately this post got caught by the forum's spam AI (intelligence is debatable IMO). That is the reason for the delayed response. 

The NX1000 is 500W at 2 ohms (program) which is approx 250 W (RMS). So that doesn't give much for bass tubs. But the other issue is your setup. The 6 ft separation is not helping you at all, because it is creating a power alley (documented by Dave Rat, FOH engineer for Red Hot Chili Peppers), due to cancellation. It is far better to put the 2 subs beside or on top of each other. This configuration gives you a gain of 6 db. Try putting them together.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Actually before I even had them set up that day when I first got the amp I set them up side by side on my back porch because it happened to have been raining and so I just wanted to quickly make sure that the amp works correctly that both channels are working proper and everything so I set up my tops and subs all together and they were only about an inch apart from each other and they still sounded very weak, I even disconnected the subs thinking maybe there maybe out of phase or something and they still did not sound good. I was just painting the picture of the scenario of how I normally have my setup when I last replied and when I had my old amplifier connected to them they sound really loud and bassy and it's 100 watt RMS per channel at 4 ohms so I figured the extra wattage would make my system sound a whole lot better but in fact it kind of seems like a downgrade. 

I will open up my boxes tonight and see if perhaps I might have one of the polarities crossed that might be creating a phase shift and dramatically reducing its performance. I will let you know if that is the case. Also I was wondering perhaps maybe when I purchase the SpeakOn cables maybe from the factory they were wired backwards or something somewhere between the SpeakOn connector and TS. I will let you know what I find out I have not troubleshooted all of it but I will let you know ASAP. 

WiKiT
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

WiKiT