Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

New Scenes for Live Stream

We have decided that we need to be able to live stream at our church. Right now we are just recording until we complete the construction and installation of our live stream equipment. I am the guy that is in charge of our audio at this time and I created some new scenes for our soundboard. I was hoping I could get some people to look over them to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Here's the path of our audio. We have an S32 behind the stage, where everything is then sent through the AES50-A port to A full-size Behringer X32. The signal comes in through the AES50-A port on the X32 and we have 8 local channels and some local aux inputs. It is then mixed and sent back through the AES50-A to our main speakers and sub (mono channel). On this board, we also mix all of our monitors. We have 5 monitors right now but are soon going to install more, so the extras are set up but blacked out on the board. We are also going to install some mics that will capture our congregation and work as choir mics. These are not installed yet so those channels are blacked out too.

We then have the signal coming out of the main X32 through the AES50-B port and into our slave board which is an X32 compact. It comes into the X32 compact through the AES50-A port. From here we mix the audio for our live stream in a separate room and will send it to our video mixer for the live stream. I set up 12 subgroups on the X32 compact to give us more control if we need it. The subgroups will also have compressions on them. One subgroup is set up with all channels going through them just for the compression. The others will be open for EQing if needed. I did not see any other use for these buses so I created 12 subgroups which seems to be overkill. If you have any ideas for the buses I would be open to using them for something other than a subgroup.

I posted the files for both of the boards and I was hoping that I could have some people look over the scenes to make sure that I haven't missed anything. I would take suggestions for improvements, or if I missed something, I would like to know that too.

DJBall330 Contributor - Level 2 2020-05-14

2020-05-14

New Scenes for Live Stream

We have decided that we need to be able to live stream at our church. Right now we are just recording until we complete the construction and installation of our live stream equipment. I am the guy that is in charge of our audio at this time and I created some new scenes for our soundboard. I was hoping I could get some people to look over them to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Here's the path of our audio. We have an S32 behind the stage, where everything is then sent through the AES50-A port to A full-size Behringer X32. The signal comes in through the AES50-A port on the X32 and we have 8 local channels and some local aux inputs. It is then mixed and sent back through the AES50-A to our main speakers and sub (mono channel). On this board, we also mix all of our monitors. We have 5 monitors right now but are soon going to install more, so the extras are set up but blacked out on the board. We are also going to install some mics that will capture our congregation and work as choir mics. These are not installed yet so those channels are blacked out too.

We then have the signal coming out of the main X32 through the AES50-B port and into our slave board which is an X32 compact. It comes into the X32 compact through the AES50-A port. From here we mix the audio for our live stream in a separate room and will send it to our video mixer for the live stream. I set up 12 subgroups on the X32 compact to give us more control if we need it. The subgroups will also have compressions on them. One subgroup is set up with all channels going through them just for the compression. The others will be open for EQing if needed. I did not see any other use for these buses so I created 12 subgroups which seems to be overkill. If you have any ideas for the buses I would be open to using them for something other than a subgroup.

I posted the files for both of the boards and I was hoping that I could have some people look over the scenes to make sure that I haven't missed anything. I would take suggestions for improvements, or if I missed something, I would like to know that too.