CecilD513 Contributor - Level 3 2020-04-25

2020-04-25

Setting up for live broadcasting

Hello all!!

I am wanting to do live streaming over Facebook and whatever other platform might strike me at some point in time but I’m hitting a wall. 

I have the following gear;

Midas MR18 mixer 

USB to lightening adapter for an iOS device. 

Proper usb cable from the mixer. 

I have an iPad up to date. 

An iPhone 6S Plus

A Windows based PC if needed. 

Plenty of mics and assorted cables. 

But man, I am at a loss as to how to get this to work. Not sure where to start. Not sure what I’m missing, if anything. 

I can record to GarageBand. I just got into that very recently but I am able to hear and record audio from my Midas to GarageBand on my iPad. 

As for good audio on my video, I am having no luck. 

I have been combing the web and many other sources for three days trying to find the info that might clear things up for me but I am just kind of at a loss as to, considering what I already have, what I might still need or may be doing wrong. 

Seems like I might be close, considering I can hear everything in GarageBand. No audio at all if I record a video on the camera app. I’m sure broadcasting would be silent as well.  

I know I’m a noob and everyone is very busy. This seems like the best place to ask. I hope you all don’t mind. I appreciate any help.

Carrying on with my quarantining. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks guys.

• 0 Kudos
  • 31 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Setting up for live broadcasting

@RexBeckett 

I accidentally hit the resolved button.

Today was the first chance I had to try out the new settings. Thank you.

ran an xlr out from the L Main to an EV... Fired up and started some music from my PC (which I haven't changed in any way) and I get no sound from the PC  to the board. I hear my PC playing through my TV speakers. I have my PC hooked up to an LG TV as a monitor. I'm at a loss man....

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Setting up for live broadcasting

@CecilD513 wrote:

@RexBeckett 

I accidentally hit the resolved button.

Today was the first chance I had to try out the new settings. Thank you.

ran an xlr out from the L Main to an EV... Fired up and started some music from my PC (which I haven't changed in any way) and I get no sound from the PC  to the board. I hear my PC playing through my TV speakers. I have my PC hooked up to an LG TV as a monitor. I'm at a loss man....

@CecilD513 

You will need to route the PC audio playback to your XR18. This is done on Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback. Make the XR18 the default. When you connect an AV monitor to a PC, it automatically routes the sound as well as the video to it.

You may also need make the XR18 the default Recording device for some app that don't have device selection.