Contributor - Level 2

Setting up for podcast

Hello I bought a behringer xenyx 802 non usd, plus I am going to buy a uca22 for taking calls over internet. Do I have the right equipmen? Or I'm I missing something?

Superbuggie Contributor - Level 2 2019-12-03

2019-12-03

Setting up for podcast

Hello I bought a behringer xenyx 802 non usd, plus I am going to buy a uca22 for taking calls over internet. Do I have the right equipmen? Or I'm I missing something?

• 0 Kudos
  • 11 Replies
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: Setting up for podcast

Hi Christopher ( @Superbuggie ), 

Welcome to the community. That's a good start. Assume you mean a UCA222?   Are you going to be taking internet (i.e. Skype) calls on a computer or calls using a mobile phone?  If mobile, iPhone or Android? Also, if mobile, you'll need an adapter cable for a mobile phone as well as an assortment of cables and conenctors for wiring everything up. 

Are you going to be live or recording and posting later? If live, what platform will you be using?  Are you going to use a Mac or Windows computer? 

Should be a fun project. Happy to help out.  

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Yes I will be taking calls on my phone what would I need to do that?

Contributor - Level 2

I also will  be live on youtube and facebook and I tuned.  i still would like to record if anything happens while I am live. I am using windows 

Rock Star - Level 1

@Superbuggie 

OK. What make of phone? iPhone or Android? Make/Model would be good to know as well. 

Assuming Windows 10? Are you using a desktop of laptop?  I don't know much about YT or FB live stream but I'm sure we can figure it out. 

What I'd like to do is develop a recipe so it can help also others out in the future.  I know @riggs151 is looking to do something similar but for a internet radio station. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

I'll be using an android Galaxy j7 star and yes i have windows 10 and I have a laptop.

Contributor - Level 2

I forgot to say my power light is orange

Rock Star - Level 1

@Superbuggie wrote:

I forgot to say my power light is orange

I'm not sure what you are referring to? 

Contributor - Level 2

When I plug my unit up I get an orange light on the power button. Is that supposed to happen?

Rock Star - Level 1

Power button?  My 802 doesn't have a power button.  Do you mean the POWER LED above the Main Mix?