Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

XENYX X1204 FOR LIVESTREAM

Hi there

Juswt bought a XENYX X1204 FOR LIVESTREAM. I am fairly new at soundesks so don't know a lot, but have managed to get a basic mix for mic, guitar and keys.  The reason we need this is for livestreaming and this one was recommended because of the usb input.  The problem is that I cannot get any audio from facebook live.  Can anyone help with set up please, it needs to be simple.

Awesome thanks in advance

AlanHiggins Contributor - Level 1 2020-04-27

2020-04-27

XENYX X1204 FOR LIVESTREAM

Hi there

Juswt bought a XENYX X1204 FOR LIVESTREAM. I am fairly new at soundesks so don't know a lot, but have managed to get a basic mix for mic, guitar and keys.  The reason we need this is for livestreaming and this one was recommended because of the usb input.  The problem is that I cannot get any audio from facebook live.  Can anyone help with set up please, it needs to be simple.

Awesome thanks in advance

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: XENYX X1204 FOR LIVESTREAM

@AlanHiggins 

Hello Alan, welcome to the community.

The integrated USB interface in the X1204USB doesn't really support recording and playback at the same time. If you press the 2-TR/USB To Main button to add USB playback to the main mix, it will mute the USB recording feed to prevent possible feedback. You can listen to USB playback while recording by pressing the 2-TR/USB To Phones/CTRL RM button but then you will not hear the main mix.

I think the simplest solution is to playback through the analogue phones/line output on the PC and connect that to one of the stereo inputs on the mixer (5/6 or 7/8). Usually that can be done with a cable like this.