Contributor - Level 1

XR AUX Auto-Mute on Mic Channel Unmute (Feature Request)

I'm using an XR-18 for my streaming radio station. The mixer sounds great. I loop the USB from the station automation through the XR-18, where I can inject other audio - such as the announcing microphone. The USB feed then returns to the computer for audio processing and encoding. 

FEATURE REQUEST: Mute specific aux channels whenever a flagged channel is unmuted. 

USE EXAMPLE: AUX 1/2 are fed a copy of MAIN audio for local speakers. When the announcer's mic is unmuted, AUX 1/2 should be muted to avoid feedback and unwanted reverb. 

MARKETING ADVANTAGE: This feature would allow the XR mixers, when combined with a touch-screen monitor, to be viable on-air mixers for small radio stations and live streaming stations. This feature could open new markets for the XR series. 

IMPLEMENTATION:

• Add a checkbox to each input channel, "Auto-Mute". Locating the checkbox in the MAIN / GROUP ASSIGNMENTS GUI would make sense
  • Within the configuration of the AUX channels, add a check-box, "Include in Auto-Mute". Perhaps a small grid in the IN/OUT / AUX OUT GUI - one row for each AUX channel, with a column for including the channel in the auto-mute. 
  • When any input with "Auto-Mute" enabled is unmuted, any AUX channel in the Auto-Mute group would mute - regardless of its previous state.
  • When all inputs with "Auto-Mute" enabled are muted, any AUX channel in the Auto-Mute group returns to its previous state - muted or unmuted.  
Great Hits and More - RadioDAVE.US https://radiodave.us
radiodave Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-02

2019-10-02

XR AUX Auto-Mute on Mic Channel Unmute (Feature Request)

I'm using an XR-18 for my streaming radio station. The mixer sounds great. I loop the USB from the station automation through the XR-18, where I can inject other audio - such as the announcing microphone. The USB feed then returns to the computer for audio processing and encoding. 

FEATURE REQUEST: Mute specific aux channels whenever a flagged channel is unmuted. 

USE EXAMPLE: AUX 1/2 are fed a copy of MAIN audio for local speakers. When the announcer's mic is unmuted, AUX 1/2 should be muted to avoid feedback and unwanted reverb. 

MARKETING ADVANTAGE: This feature would allow the XR mixers, when combined with a touch-screen monitor, to be viable on-air mixers for small radio stations and live streaming stations. This feature could open new markets for the XR series. 

IMPLEMENTATION:

• Add a checkbox to each input channel, "Auto-Mute". Locating the checkbox in the MAIN / GROUP ASSIGNMENTS GUI would make sense
  • Within the configuration of the AUX channels, add a check-box, "Include in Auto-Mute". Perhaps a small grid in the IN/OUT / AUX OUT GUI - one row for each AUX channel, with a column for including the channel in the auto-mute. 
  • When any input with "Auto-Mute" enabled is unmuted, any AUX channel in the Auto-Mute group would mute - regardless of its previous state.
  • When all inputs with "Auto-Mute" enabled are muted, any AUX channel in the Auto-Mute group returns to its previous state - muted or unmuted.  

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: XR AUX Auto-Mute on Mic Channel Unmute (Feature Request)

Hi Dave @radiodave ,

Welcome to the forum. Great feature request. Unfortunately I'm not sure how soon they will be able to even consider implementation of this request, due to a number of other developments in the works. In the meantime, an immediate solution can be available using an arduino and an ethernet shield. The source code would be straightforward. In the loop section, request current status of the announcer's mic mute and mute/unmute the desired other channel mutes. I can help you with the code if you decide to go this route.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!