Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

How to connect these devices together

Hi,

I've these devices from behringer and I do not know the correct order to connect and which cables to use to connect all of them.

These are the devices:

1. Behringer Xenyx X1832USB Mixer with USB and Effects.
  2. Behringer MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600.
  3. Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200.
  4. Behringer Sonic Exciter SX3040.
  5. Dynamic microphone.

What is the correct order to connect them all?

What cables to use?

Thanks

enerahed Contributor - Level 1 2020-02-01

2020-02-01

How to connect these devices together

Hi,

I've these devices from behringer and I do not know the correct order to connect and which cables to use to connect all of them.

These are the devices:

1. Behringer Xenyx X1832USB Mixer with USB and Effects.
  2. Behringer MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600.
  3. Behringer Ultragain Pro MIC2200.
  4. Behringer Sonic Exciter SX3040.
  5. Dynamic microphone.

What is the correct order to connect them all?

What cables to use?

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: How to connect these devices together

Hi Ener ( @enerahed ), 

Welcome to the community.  It depends on what you want to accomplish.  To be honest, I'd advise you to start with just the dynamic mic and X1832USB mixer.  The other three pieces are a mic pre-amp, a compressor/limiter, and a sound processor, all of which you already have in the 1832. Basically, the order would be mic, pre-amp, compressor/limiter, exciter, and finally the mixer.  I'd have to dig through the manuals to figure out what cables to use. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 1

Re: How to connect these devices together

@KenMitchell wrote:

Hi Ener ( @enerahed ), 

Welcome to the community.  It depends on what you want to accomplish.  To be honest, I'd advise you to start with just the dynamic mic and X1832USB mixer.  The other three pieces are a mic pre-amp, a compressor/limiter, and a sound processor, all of which you already have in the 1832. Basically, the order would be mic, pre-amp, compressor/limiter, exciter, and finally the mixer.  I'd have to dig through the manuals to figure out what cables to use. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

Thanks @KenMitchell for your reply.

I've watched a lot of video tutorials on YouTube and that was the reason for buying these devices, and I do believe in your opinion but I am just saying because I've already bought it so why not to use it Smiley Happy.

Mainly I am doing three things:

1. Screen casting video tutorials.
  2. Voice over.
  3. Podcasting.

I do not want to do any post processing but want to do everything live.

I am afraid that I've ordered these devices through a friend and I've only the device and its power cable, so no manual included, is it possible to download it online?

Connecting these devices would be like that: (Just to make sure that I do understand correctly)

• Microphone => MIC2200.
  • MIC2200 => MDX4600.
  • MDX4600 => SX3040.
  • SX3040 => X1832USB

The inputs and outputs are two types: XLR & TRS.

Which type to use for inputs and which type to use for outputs?

Thanks a lot and too much appreciated Smiley Happy