Re: Just bought the 502 USB Mixer Using Windows 10 and latest Audacity. I am not able to record Voi
Contributor - Level 1

Just bought the 502 USB Mixer Using Windows 10 and latest Audacity. I am not able to record Voice.

Just purchased the XENYX502 USB Mixer.   I am using Windows 10.  Audacity 2.3.3 and settings are on the USB Audio CODEC for both mic and phones.   I am not able to record.  I have read about this situation and have gone through the protocals recommended to resolve.  Alas, these have not faired well.  Any solutions?   If not I will be returning my purchase.  

p.s.  I have a USB mic that works fine in both Audacity and in Auditions.  This mic is ran directly into my computer with out a mix box.  

Phil A Thompson
PhilT Contributor - Level 1 2019-12-29

2019-12-29

Just bought the 502 USB Mixer Using Windows 10 and latest Audacity. I am not able to record Voice.

Just purchased the XENYX502 USB Mixer.   I am using Windows 10.  Audacity 2.3.3 and settings are on the USB Audio CODEC for both mic and phones.   I am not able to record.  I have read about this situation and have gone through the protocals recommended to resolve.  Alas, these have not faired well.  Any solutions?   If not I will be returning my purchase.  

p.s.  I have a USB mic that works fine in both Audacity and in Auditions.  This mic is ran directly into my computer with out a mix box.  

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: Just bought the 502 USB Mixer Using Windows 10 and latest Audacity. I am not able to record Voi

Hi Phil ( @PhilT ), 

Welcome to the community.  What kind of mic are you using? Does it require phantom power and do you have that turned on?  Are you getting a signal indication on the Main LR LEDs on the mixer?  The USB Sends from the 502 are an exact copy of the Main LR so you should start there. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver