Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Need help with Xenyx Q802USB not sending audio to my computer.

So, I just recently bought a Xenyx Q802USB for recording and streaming purposes, and I have run into a major issue. So, from what I have read all over the interwebs, I have everything plugged in correctly. It's just an AC power cable, and a USB cable to my PC. The mixer does provide Phantom power, and I can confirm that the mixer is picking up audio from my microphone because the CLIP LED is lighting up when I get too loud. So, on to the real problem. It's plugged into my computer of course, and it's being picked up, as I have the device selected as default (2-USB Audio CODEC) But, once I start speaking into the mic, it isn't picking anything up on my computer. So, basically, the mixer is picking up from the mic like it should, but it's not sending the audio to my computer like it should. I need some help on what could be the issue. Thanks in advance.

McLovinSnack Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-21

2020-01-21

So, I just recently bought a Xenyx Q802USB for recording and streaming purposes, and I have run into a major issue. So, from what I have read all over the interwebs, I have everything plugged in correctly. It's just an AC power cable, and a USB cable to my PC. The mixer does provide Phantom power, and I can confirm that the mixer is picking up audio from my microphone because the CLIP LED is lighting up when I get too loud. So, on to the real problem. It's plugged into my computer of course, and it's being picked up, as I have the device selected as default (2-USB Audio CODEC) But, once I start speaking into the mic, it isn't picking anything up on my computer. So, basically, the mixer is picking up from the mic like it should, but it's not sending the audio to my computer like it should. I need some help on what could be the issue. Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Need help with Xenyx Q802USB not sending audio to my computer.

Hello @McLovinSnack , welcome to the community.

The USB output is taken from the Main mix. Make sure the Main Mix knob is turned up and the USB To Main Mix button is not pressed. You should see the LED meter above the Main Mix knob flash when you speak.

Some recent versions of both Windows and Mac operating systems have Microphone Privacy settings that can prevent any audio input. Check that Microphone input to your app is enabled.