CKa Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

Wich adapter to connect TC-Helicon guitar GO to iPAD Lightning port?

Just aquired a TC-Helicon GO Guitar interface device.

In the video's for this product a "dongle"or "Adapter"is used to connect to the lightning port of an iPAD, it is also mentioned in the instruction leaflet to do so.

But it is nohwere mentioned which adapter is used, the standard Apple adapter uses a TRS female jack, but the TC-Helicon Go Guitar uses a TRRS jack ( 3 contacts against 4..)

SO which adapter ( or dongle as it is called in the video) should i use for this interface ?

CKa Contributor - Level 3 2019-07-13

2019-07-13

Wich adapter to connect TC-Helicon guitar GO to iPAD Lightning port?

Just aquired a TC-Helicon GO Guitar interface device.

In the video's for this product a "dongle"or "Adapter"is used to connect to the lightning port of an iPAD, it is also mentioned in the instruction leaflet to do so.

But it is nohwere mentioned which adapter is used, the standard Apple adapter uses a TRS female jack, but the TC-Helicon Go Guitar uses a TRRS jack ( 3 contacts against 4..)

SO which adapter ( or dongle as it is called in the video) should i use for this interface ?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Triber

Re: Wich adapter to connect TC-Helicon guitar GO to iPAD Lightning port?

Hi @CKa

we use the standard apple lightning to headphone adaptor (https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMX62AM/A/lightning-to-35-mm-headphone-jack-adapter) ; this should work for you!

That said, apparently some of the earlier apple adaptors were just TRS, so if you have an older adaptor your Go Guitar may not work with it. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
CKa Contributor - Level 3
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Wich adapter to connect TC-Helicon guitar GO to iPAD Lightning port?

Thx, 

Will see if i can obtain a new adapter tommorrow then, and will report back about my findings!