Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Xair 16 for 5.1 system

I want to set up a cinema system using an audio decoder to feed 5.1 audio to the XR16 and then feed active speakers from the Main LR and the 4 Aux outputs. 

I can see how to set up buses to create monitor mixes for each 5.1  channel and how to assign the buses in the Aux tab of the Input Dialog window. However I can't see why the bus signal won't go to the respective aux output instead of the LR mix, which I want to use for FL and FR. Has anyone got any ideas for me?What have I missed?

I'm controlling from a PC.

Jeremy
hugh1e Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-13

2020-02-13

Xair 16 for 5.1 system

I want to set up a cinema system using an audio decoder to feed 5.1 audio to the XR16 and then feed active speakers from the Main LR and the 4 Aux outputs. 

I can see how to set up buses to create monitor mixes for each 5.1  channel and how to assign the buses in the Aux tab of the Input Dialog window. However I can't see why the bus signal won't go to the respective aux output instead of the LR mix, which I want to use for FL and FR. Has anyone got any ideas for me?What have I missed?

I'm controlling from a PC.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Xair 16 for 5.1 system

Thanks Ken.  Spot on.  Just needed to isolate the Auxes from LR output, but saw that straight away.  Works well.

Jeremy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

Hi @hugh1e , 

Welcome to the community.  Not sure why you need buses to do this. On the In/Out routing screen, AUX Out, you can just assign your surround channels directly to the AUX outputs. I must be missing something obvious.  The best thing might be for you to save a scene file and post it here.  Use Choose File in the lower-left when replying. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Ah.  Thank you, Ken.  Simplicity itself.  I'll try it tomorrow and expect all will be fine.

Should have remembered my KISS.  (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Jeremy

Jeremy
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Ken.  Spot on.  Just needed to isolate the Auxes from LR output, but saw that straight away.  Works well.

Jeremy

View solution in original post