Contributor - Level 2

Behringer UMC204 4 channel Mac Software

I have a Behringer 204 that I am utilizing with my iMac. I'm trying to get 4 channels to play utilzing the audio outputs but cannot find the correct software. Does anyone have a recommendation of software that has this capabilities? 

rmayer121 Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-25

2019-09-25

Behringer UMC204 4 channel Mac Software

I have a Behringer 204 that I am utilizing with my iMac. I'm trying to get 4 channels to play utilzing the audio outputs but cannot find the correct software. Does anyone have a recommendation of software that has this capabilities? 

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Behringer UMC204 4 channel Mac Software

Hi Ryan ( @rmayer121 ), 

Welcome to the community.  There are many applications that support multi-channel audio.  It would probably help if you explained a bit more about what you need or what you are trying to accomplish. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

I have 4 audio animatronic controller boards that are activated when sound is ran through them. I would like to be able to utilze my Behringer 204HD for this and export the audio to 4 separate channels. I've created the tracks with Audacity, but it only has the capability of exporting 2 channels. Just need specific software that has the ability to edit tracks and export into 4 channels. Does this make more sense? Thanks for the help.

@rmayer121 

Hi Ryan, 

Just about any DAW (digital audio workstation) software will do what you want.  One that's popular around here is Reaper which comes with a 60 free trial and is only $60 to purchase after that.  If you want something that is free take a look at Tracktion T7.

BTW, sounds like a fun project.  Is this for a theatre production or for a Halloween setup or something else? 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

I will definitely check out Reaper for the free trial and then if it works, I can decide if I want to spend $60. I think I tried downloading Tracktion last year and ran into issues so I gave up on it. 

This is for my Halloween setup I have at my house (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6czEVZX-wU). RIght now I have 2 characters running off my computer and then have a local iPod I have to turn on for others. If this works, it gives me the ability to expand the amount of animated characters I can have. Thanks for your help Ken!

@rmayer121 

Very cool!  Let me know if you need a hand with Reaper.  Tracktion has had stability issues in the past.  I've been using Reaper for about 9 years in a lot of theatrical productions as well as personal projects.   Most of my theatre work these days is in soundscapes and audio special effects.  We use MIDI and OSC messages, as well as Ethernet UDP packets to trigger sound effects based on various electro-mechanical events. 

I noticed a Washington license plate and of U of W helmet in one of your videos.  I'm in California, so same TZ. 

Ken

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I will for sure. Thanks again for your help!

Yes, I'm in WA state and Husky Alumni.