Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Behringer UMC204 TRS to RCA in order to connect AVR

Hello,

I recently bought the Behringer UM204 to connect my guitar. And it works great!
Besides that, the interface is placed on my Home Theater PC and connected to my Denon AVR via TS (Behringer's main Outputs) to RCA cable like down below to listen to FLAC music.

Is this connection right? or should I use the Monitor outputs on the back of Behringer?

I am asking this because the AVR is not working till last night, And the usual suspect looks like UM204.indir (1).jpg

Best regards,

Dreamstone Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-12

2020-05-12

Behringer UMC204 TRS to RCA in order to connect AVR

Hello,

I recently bought the Behringer UM204 to connect my guitar. And it works great!
Besides that, the interface is placed on my Home Theater PC and connected to my Denon AVR via TS (Behringer's main Outputs) to RCA cable like down below to listen to FLAC music.

Is this connection right? or should I use the Monitor outputs on the back of Behringer?

I am asking this because the AVR is not working till last night, And the usual suspect looks like UM204.indir (1).jpg

Best regards,

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Behringer UMC204 TRS to RCA in order to connect AVR

@Dreamstone wrote:

@RexBeckett 

Thanks for your warm welcome.

I do want to use the Main outputs of the UMC204 that's why I bought the cable on the picture. I am not a sound device expert, actually, it is my first audio interface that I have.

My question is, is it ok to use TS to RCA cable on TRS output? It looks like working but TS cable shorts the R and S pins of the output. 

@Dreamstone 

Yes it is OK to use a TS/RCA cable on the Main outputs. The outputs are designed to work with either balanced or unbalanced connections.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@Dreamstone 

Hello Sadas, welcome to the community.

You could connect to the Playback RCA outputs but they are uncontrolled feeds from USB playback. The Main Out signal is controlled by the Mix and Main Out knobs so is more useful if you want to hear a mix of playback and your guitar input.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

@RexBeckett 

I do want to use the Main outputs of the UMC204 that's why I bought the cable on the picture. I am not a sound device expert, actually, it is my first audio interface that I have.

My question is, is it ok to use TS to RCA cable on TRS output? It looks like working but TS cable shorts the R and S pins of the output. 

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@Dreamstone wrote:

@RexBeckett 

@Dreamstone 

Yes it is OK to use a TS/RCA cable on the Main outputs. The outputs are designed to work with either balanced or unbalanced connections.

View solution in original post