Contributor - Level 2

Behringer X-TOUCH ONE with DAW and Korg DW-6000 synth keyboard

OK, I'm just getting started in all this -
how do I combine the Behringer X-TOUCH ONE with my Korg DW-6000 midi synth keyboard and DAW on windows 10 . . . any simple clear instructions on this would be very much appreciated

I like the concept / design features of the X-TOUCH ONE, but would like to find out if I can actually use it in this configuration.

thanks

charles000 Contributor - Level 2 2019-08-02

2019-08-02

Behringer X-TOUCH ONE with DAW and Korg DW-6000 synth keyboard

OK, I'm just getting started in all this -
how do I combine the Behringer X-TOUCH ONE with my Korg DW-6000 midi synth keyboard and DAW on windows 10 . . . any simple clear instructions on this would be very much appreciated

I like the concept / design features of the X-TOUCH ONE, but would like to find out if I can actually use it in this configuration.

thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: Behringer X-TOUCH ONE with DAW and Korg DW-6000 synth keyboard

Hi Charles ( @charles000 ), 

Welcome to the community.  Since most setups are specific to the DAW you want to use, we'll need to know what DAW you'll be using before we can help.  Smiley Happy

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

OK, fair enough, very much appreciate your response.

I've been tinkering with MixPad just to get used to working with a DAW, loading up various VST modules and so on, but now want to focus on a more serious type of DAW.

So far my choice has narrowed down to Cubase or Reaper . . . both of which have interesting features and can utilize a vast collection of compatible VSTs.

With either of these, can the X-TOUCH ONE interface with those DAWs and my ancient (but still very much working) Korg DW-6000?

Again, your help help is very much appreciated.

Charles

Hi Charles, 

I've been a long time Reaper user so I'd recommend you download the fully-functional version and give it a go during the very generous 60-day trial period.  I use a full size X-Touch with Reaper so I haven't looked at the status of the XT1 support but I'll do that this weekend.  As far as the DW-6000, you'll need to get a MIDI interface for your computer in order to get MIDI in and out of your DAW.   It should work fine with Reaper. 

I'll be in touch, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you for the info!

So, I'm going to try the Reaper.

As for MIDI interface, I was looking at some of the Bheringer products - 

Behringer X-TOUCH ONE seems intriguing, but might be overkill.

If you happen to have a suggestion for the MIDI interface, nothing too fancy, I'll probably just go with that.

Many thanks

Charles

Highlighted

@charles000 

Hi Charles, 

In thinking about this a little more I was wondering if you were going to need an audio interface?  Do you want to record just MIDI data in your DAW or do you also want to record the audio output of the DW-6000?  The reason I was asking is because both the UMC204HD and UMC404HD audio interfaces also have built-in MIDI interfaces so you can get two functions in one. 

As for the XT1 support in Reaper, let's just say it's "ongoing" so unless you want to be on the leading (or is that bleeding) edge I'd probably go with something like the PreSonus Faderport.  The FP is what I use for individual track editing and adding automation and then I move to the full-size X-Touch when I start mixing/blending tracks.  Most of my work these days is with sound effects so I have a lot of individual tracks sending to bussed effects tracks and I try to be pretty careful to keep like/similar tracks in the same fader back.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken