want to purchase a used model. How can I determine if it's a V2

serial#
is attached

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Rock Star - Level 2

Re: IP2000 v1 vs V2

Hi Ross, 

Welcome to the community.  The "S1803" at the beginning of the SN means March 2018.  You'd need to figure out the cutover date to determine if it's a V1 vs. V2. 

EDIT: Based on Amazon "first listed date" of December 3, 2015 for the V1 and January 9, 2019 for V2 I suspect that's a V1.  Certainly not scientific by any means. I'd probably reach out to Turbosound to confirm the SN you have. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for your very thorough response. I've been trying to get a hold of someone at Turbosound but I can't seem to locate any email or number. 

Rock Star - Level 2

Hi Ross, 

The onnly way to reach any Music Tribe company these days is via the CARE portal.  You'll have to create an account and open a ticket.  You should get an auto-reply telling you someone will contact you within one business day. Be patient as that's more like a week these days. 

https://www.turbosound.com/brand/turbosound/support#googtrans(en|en)

If you are in the US, you might also want to give Sweetwater a call. They may be able to tell you the V2 "release date" which would be more definitive. 

Hope this helps, 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Ken

You Rock