Contributor - Level 1

MS40 24/192 question

Hey folks,

I own the  MS40 monitors that have built in DAC. The manual says it is >24bit 192kHz.

My question is how does it go about handling digital feed, example Lpcm or RAW audio via optical?

Does the built in DAC upsample any digital signal to 24/192 for analogue or does it decode/convert the digital signal to match the fed sample rate?

Thanks!

Chris

siri25920 Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-16

2019-08-16

MS40 24/192 question

Hey folks,

I own the  MS40 monitors that have built in DAC. The manual says it is >24bit 192kHz.

My question is how does it go about handling digital feed, example Lpcm or RAW audio via optical?

Does the built in DAC upsample any digital signal to 24/192 for analogue or does it decode/convert the digital signal to match the fed sample rate?

Thanks!

Chris

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: MS40 24/192 question

The monitors accept standard SPDIF LPCM digital audio at whatever sample rate/bit depth you send to them. The DAC will simply just convert these signals directly to analogue to drive the onboard amps. No clever DSP involved.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 3

The monitors accept standard SPDIF LPCM digital audio at whatever sample rate/bit depth you send to them. The DAC will simply just convert these signals directly to analogue to drive the onboard amps. No clever DSP involved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Richard.