Contributor - Level 2

Tannoy XT8F

Hi,

I am currently set with Tannoy RX8F. I Would like to ask what size of cable (mm2) will be enough to power them for 2 meters run? I mean 2x1mm2 or 2x2mm2 or 2x4mm2 etc...

chubanina Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-12

2019-11-12

Tannoy XT8F

Hi,

I am currently set with Tannoy RX8F. I Would like to ask what size of cable (mm2) will be enough to power them for 2 meters run? I mean 2x1mm2 or 2x2mm2 or 2x4mm2 etc...

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Tannoy XT8F

@chubanina 

Hello Tsvetomir, welcome to the forum.

For a 2 metre run, the 1.0mm2 cable should be OK. 2.0mm2 cable is theoretically better but you probably would not be able to hear any difference. 

Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. You might laugh but I currently use 4mm2 and I notice too much low frequencies...

I think it's an overkill to use such a thick cable...shall i change it? 

Super Contributor - Level 2

@chubanina wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. You might laugh but I currently use 4mm2 and I notice too much low frequencies...

I think it's an overkill to use such a thick cable...shall i change it? 

@chubanina 

The thicker cable should not cause a problem with the sound. These speakers can give too much bottom end in small rooms. If you have the space, you could try moving them away from walls and corners. 

Contributor - Level 2

I guess you are right. I switched from XT6F to XT8F 2 weeks ago. I am using Naim Nait 5si and it was a touch bright with XT6F. With XT8F there is no brightness anymore - i think they match perfectly but simetimes the base overpowers other parts of the sound...

The room is with very uncommon shape.Clipboard07.jpg